|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19 - 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Venters goes to find the red herd, how far does he travel in three hours?
(a) 300 miles.
(b) 4 miles.
(c) 25 miles.
(d) 150 miles.
2. After Venters says goodbye to Lassiter, what new worry comes to his mind?
(a) That he never wants to leave.
(b) That he may still love Jane.
(c) That he can be tracked to Surprise Valley.
(d) That Lassiter will betray him.
3. Which horse does Jane give to Venters to go find the red herd?
(c) Black Night.
4. What do Bess and Venters take back with them to their camp?
5. How do Venters and Bess know the storms are over?
(a) They know the rainy season is over.
(b) Ring is energetic.
(c) It does not rain for four days.
(d) The purple clouds turn to white.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Bess is better, Venters gets a chance to explore the valley. What animals does he find evidence of?
2. What was Jane's vow to Milly Erne?
3. After the conversation with Blake, Jane feels the world closing in on her and admits to Lassiter that sometimes she want to run away with him. How does Lassiter react?
4. Why does Venters want Bess to get well?
5. When Jane's riders disappear, what does Judkins tell her happened to them?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)