|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19 - 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened in this area of Southern Utah in 1871?
(a) Mormons moved to the area.
(b) Religous revivals came to the area.
(c) Villages to the north of Cottonwood rose up against Gentile settlers.
(d) A prairie storm.
2. After shooting the Masked Rider, what does Venters discover?
(a) The Rider had no guns.
(b) The Rider is a young boy.
(c) The Rider is an old man.
(d) The Rider had a rifle.
3. Why are there four separate entrances to the Brandt's house?
(a) Mr. Brandt lives in one, the other sections are for his wives, his children, and storage.
(b) The house was built at different times.
(c) There are four wives and each have their own section of the house.
(d) The children are divided up by age.
4. As the situation worsens, Jane tells Jerd to only care for only two things. What?
(a) The water for the town.
(c) Black Star and Night.
(d) The cattle.
5. What did Milly's captors do to her while she delivered her baby?
(a) Washed he forhead with water.
(b) Held her hands.
(c) Kept her tied and bound.
(d) Took excellent care of her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who founded the town of Cottonwood?
2. Lassiter comes to Jane to inform her that he found her white herd. Jane changes and goes to mount her horse. How does she mount her horse?
3. When Jane greets Lassiter and Venters, she has news from town about Tull. What is it?
4. What does Bess tell Venters about the Masked Rider?
5. When Venters is ready to return to Cottonwoods, Bess and Venters stand by Balancing Rock and she tells him her secret. What is it?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)