|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19 - 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Venters goes into Cottonwood, all the men are in the streets. What are they talking about?
(a) The marriage of Jane and Tull.
(b) The sage.
(c) The coming of Lassiter.
(d) The new Mormon church.
2. When Jane asks Lassiter to stay and eat, why does Lassiter hesitate?
(a) He is shy.
(b) He won't like Jane's cooking.
(c) He knows that the Mormons won't like it and will cause trouble for Jane.
(d) He never eats indoors.
3. What relationship does Venters assume that Bess had with Oldring?
(a) She was never around Oldring.
(b) She was his lover.
(c) She was one of his rustlers.
(d) She was his sister.
4. After the shooting, Venters moves Bess to a safe location, but returns to the oval valley. Why?
(a) To steal a cow for food.
(b) To bring horses back to camp.
(c) To spy on the rustlers again.
(d) To kill a rabbit for food.
5. What does Venters realize the morning after the storm?
(a) That he loves Bess.
(b) That he's afraid of storms.
(c) That he still loves Jane and must return to her.
(d) That he needs more beef.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Jane hears that her riders left her, she prays. What does she vow after her wrathful prayer?
2. Why are there four separate entrances to the Brandt's house?
3. How does Jane react at first when her and Lassiter meet Venters and Bess?
4. Venters comes down the cliff and is returning to town for a second time, what has happened to Wrangle when he gets to the bottom of the cliff?
5. When Venters has his encounter on his way back into Cottonwoods, what horse is Jerry Card riding?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)