|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19 - 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lassiter rides into the white herd to calm them and stop the movement. What happens to Lassiter's horse?
(a) It is blinded.
(b) It is successful.
(c) It is lost.
(d) It is killed.
2. What does Venters discover about Balancing Rock?
(a) It can roll into Surprise Valley.
(b) If he pushes it, the opening to Deception Pass will be blocked.
(c) It will not move even if pushed.
(d) It is covered with ancient writings.
3. When Jane tells Lassiter she wants to go away with him, what does she say to try to convince him?
(a) "I'll marry you."
(b) "I give up my religion."
(c) "Your people shall be my people--your God my God."
(d) "I love Little Fay."
4. After the race with Jerry Card, what does Venters do next?
(a) He rides down Main street on Black Star.
(b) He goes to Oldring's house.
(c) He returns to Surprise Valley that evening.
(d) He rides down Main Street on Wrangle.
5. What is the opening to Oldring's den?
(a) Through the middle of the waterfall.
(b) Through another maze of canyon outlets.
(c) A high pass.
(d) Underwater through a cave.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Jane get her horses?
2. When Lassiter appears, what does Jane offer that enrages Tull?
3. Why did Milly Erne finally leave Salt Lake?
4. Which horse does Jane give to Venters to go find the red herd?
5. What did Jane's father train her to do?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)