|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 - 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lassiter say when Jane offers him to be a rider for her?
(a) He declines.
(b) He laughs.
(c) He agrees.
(d) He kisses her.
2. When Venters offers to take the wounded girl back to Oldring, what does she say?
(a) "Just let me die here."
(b) "Don't take me back there."
(c) "Take me back so I can see the sage once more."
(d) "Please, before I die."
3. According to Venters, what has Bishop Dyer done to hurt Venters?
(a) Stole his best horse.
(b) Sent out an edict to ruin him.
(c) Tried to convert him to Mormonism.
(d) Took his guns.
4. How many cattle are in the red herd?
5. Lassiter takes Jane to a lookout over her white herd and tells her the herd is moving fast. Why?
(a) The rustlers are taking them to the canyon.
(b) They are following some dogs.
(c) They are stampeding.
(d) They are following Lassiter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Withersteen House?
2. Why did Milly die?
3. During dinner with Jane and Venters, Lassiter says he is looking for something. What is it?
4. Jane sends Judkins to town to find out about the disappearance of her riders. What does Judkins discover?
5. What is Lassiter known for?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)