|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 - 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who founded the town of Cottonwood?
(b) Jane's father.
(d) Bishop Dyer.
2. When Lassiter appears, what does Jane offer that enrages Tull?
(a) Jane offers to marry Lassiter.
(b) Jane flirts with Lassiter.
(c) Jane asks Lassiter to stay for supper.
(d) Jane offers to water Lassiter's horse.
3. When Jane hears that her riders left her, she prays. What does she vow after her wrathful prayer?
(a) To never marry Tull.
(b) To kill Tull.
(c) To marry Tull.
(d) To talk to Tull and reason with him.
4. Why does Venters want Bess to get well?
(a) He thinks she is rich.
(b) He thinks she can lead him to Oldring.
(c) He wants to find out her story.
(d) He doesn't want to be responsible for killing an unarmed woman.
5. What ancient discovery does Venters find in Surprise Valley?
(a) Rock tablet with ancient writings.
(b) Prehistoric animal bones.
(c) Ancient cliff dwellers.
(d) Ancient rock formations.
Short Answer Questions
1. When confronted with the two riders in the canyon who shoot at him, what does Venters do?
2. What crime does Tull accuse Venters of?
3. When Venters takes Bess to Surprise Valley, she awakens and think she hears a waterfall. What is she really hearing?
4. When Jane greets Lassiter and Venters, she has news from town about Tull. What is it?
5. Why does Jane not take care of Milly's grave?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)