|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 - 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who founded the town of Cottonwood?
(a) Bishop Dyer.
(b) Jane's father.
2. At the beginning of the book, Jane waits for the churchmen. What will the churchmen attack Jane for?
(a) Her right to befriend a Gentile.
(b) Jane is too rich and needs to give some of her land away.
(c) Jane doesn't give enough money to the church.
(d) Venters is a terrible employee.
3. Lassiter wants to go home? Where is home for Lassiter?
(c) Northern Utah.
4. When Venters realizes the Masked Rider is alive, he opens his shirt to look at the wound. What does Venters find?
(a) The pale body of a very young boy.
(b) A woman's breast.
(c) The wound is large and bleeding badly.
(d) The wound is in the stomach.
5. Where did Jane get her horses?
(a) Her father got them in Texas.
(b) Her father got them from Nevada Indians.
(c) Jane bought them.
(d) Venters bought them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Venters go to Deception Pass every day?
2. When Lassiter hears why Venters goes to Deception Pass, what is his reaction?
3. Why does Venters want Bess to get well?
4. When Venters offers to take the wounded girl back to Oldring, what does she say?
5. What did Jane's father train her to do?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)