|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 - 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Lassiter appears, how do Tull's men know that he is a gunman?
(a) He is riding a fast horse.
(b) He is wearing guns.
(c) He is dressed all in black.
(d) He crouches in a gunman's position to ready for shooting.
2. Just after the rustlers pass Venters and his dog in the canyon, Ring turns and growls at two riders coming right at them. Who is one of the riders?
(d) The Masked Rider.
3. Why has Mrs. Larkin always been afraid to give her daughter to Jane?
(a) She believes Jane would be mean to her daughter.
(b) She thinks Jane would kidnap her daughter.
(c) She thinks her daughter will not go willingly.
(d) She is afraid Jane would raise her as a Mormon.
4. When Venters goes to find the red herd, how far does he travel in three hours?
(a) 4 miles.
(b) 25 miles.
(c) 300 miles.
(d) 150 miles.
5. Lassiter comes to Jane to inform her that he found her white herd. Jane changes and goes to mount her horse. How does she mount her horse?
(a) She mounts him from her porch.
(b) She mounts him with Lassiter's help.
(c) The horse kneels down for Jane to mount.
(d) She mounts him from a large rock.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened in this area of Southern Utah in 1871?
2. After dinner, Venters goes to the grove to sleep. Who does he see riding through?
3. After shooting the Masked Rider, what does Venters discover?
4. Who does Jane think is the "unseen hand"?
5. What is Withersteen House?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)