|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 - 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who's house does Jane visit in the Gentile village?
(a) Fay and her mother, Mrs. Larkin.
(c) Jerry Card.
2. Lassiter comes to Jane to inform her that he found her white herd. Jane changes and goes to mount her horse. How does she mount her horse?
(a) She mounts him from a large rock.
(b) The horse kneels down for Jane to mount.
(c) She mounts him from her porch.
(d) She mounts him with Lassiter's help.
3. Why does Venters go to Deception Pass every day?
(a) To practice shooting.
(b) To kill the Masked Rider.
(c) To spy on Oldring.
(d) To camp and hunt.
4. What is making the white herd move so quickly?
(a) Someone on another ridge is spooking them with a white sheet.
(b) Someone on the ridge is yelling.
(c) Someone on the ridge is throwing rocks at them.
(d) Someone on the ridge is shooting at them.
5. When Venters takes Bess to Surprise Valley, she awakens and think she hears a waterfall. What is she really hearing?
(a) The wind in the valley.
(b) The stream running through the valley.
(c) Ancient voices.
(d) Shooting in the distance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Jane's father train her to do?
2. Which horse does Jane give to Venters to go find the red herd?
3. When Jane sees the visitor at the Brandt house, why does this person think Jane has not been to church?
4. When Jane asks Lassiter to stay and eat, why does Lassiter hesitate?
5. How does Venters nurse Bess's fever?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)