|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13 - 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Once Venters and Bess are in Surprise Valley, how many days does Venters think Bess will need to lie still?
(b) Just 1.
(c) About 8 days.
(d) 3 to 4.
2. After the conversation with Blake, Jane feels the world closing in on her and admits to Lassiter that sometimes she want to run away with him. How does Lassiter react?
(a) He laughs.
(b) He tells her that he not longer loves her.
(c) He grabs her and pulls her to him, thinking she has just professed her love.
(d) He shakes his head and begins to cry.
3. What relationship did Bishop Dyer have with Jane's father?
(a) He was a counselor to her father.
(b) He was her father's best friend.
(c) He was a teacher to her father.
(d) He did not know Jane's father very well.
4. The morning after the storm, Venters wants to return to Cottonwoods, but what are his reasons?
(a) He must break his engagement to Jane.
(b) He must kill Oldring.
(c) He must also get fresh horses.
(d) He must talk to Lassiter.
5. What is Lassiter known for?
(a) A man looking for gold.
(b) The Masked Rider.
(c) As a killer of Mormons.
(d) A rustler.
Short Answer Questions
1. Just after the rustlers pass Venters and his dog in the canyon, Ring turns and growls at two riders coming right at them. Who is one of the riders?
2. What relationship does Venters assume that Bess had with Oldring?
3. After the shooting, Venters moves Bess to a safe location, but returns to the oval valley. Why?
4. After his conversation with Jane, Venters is going to tell someone that they have broken their vow. Who?
5. What do Bess and Venters take back with them to their camp?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)