|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16 - 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Jane think is the "unseen hand"?
(c) The bishop.
2. After the conversation with Blake, Jane feels the world closing in on her and admits to Lassiter that sometimes she want to run away with him. How does Lassiter react?
(a) He shakes his head and begins to cry.
(b) He laughs.
(c) He grabs her and pulls her to him, thinking she has just professed her love.
(d) He tells her that he not longer loves her.
3. In the end, what does Venters do to Oldring?
(a) He takes him to Surprise Valley.
(b) He shares a drink with him.
(c) He tells him that he loves Bess.
(d) He kills him.
4. After the race with Jerry Card, what does Venters do next?
(a) He rides down Main street on Black Star.
(b) He rides down Main Street on Wrangle.
(c) He returns to Surprise Valley that evening.
(d) He goes to Oldring's house.
5. How does Jane pay Blake when he returns to work for her?
(a) She pays him in gold.
(b) She is not able to pay him.
(c) She gives him food and a place to sleep.
(d) She pays him in cash.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Venters confronts Oldring what does he yell across the room?
2. After the race, who greets Venters and helps him with the horses?
3. When Bishop Dyer appears at Jane's house, why is he upset?
4. When Bess is better, Venters gets a chance to explore the valley. What animals does he find evidence of?
5. When Venters asks Bess what she did when she wasn't riding with Oldring, what does she say?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)