|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16 - 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When confronted with the two riders in the canyon who shoot at him, what does Venters do?
(a) He shoots both of them.
(b) He orders the dogs to attack.
(c) He shoots one of them.
(d) He runs into the sage.
2. What was Jane's vow to Milly Erne?
(a) That she would avenge her death.
(b) That she would find her daughter.
(c) That if a man ever came to avenge her death, Jane would stop him.
(d) That she would never let any murder happen again.
3. Which horse did Jane always think was the slowest?
(c) Black Star.
4. What do Jane's women employees take from Withersteen House?
(a) Her records and deeds.
(b) A painting of her father.
(c) Her Arabian horses.
5. Just after the rustlers pass Venters and his dog in the canyon, Ring turns and growls at two riders coming right at them. Who is one of the riders?
(a) The Masked Rider.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Venters returns with the horses after the race, what news does he hear from his friend?
2. When Blake returns to Withersteen house, what does Blake need to tell Lassiter?
3. When Venters tells Bess of his nightime trips to find beef, how does Bess react?
4. When Venters goes to find the red herd, how far does he travel in three hours?
5. After the conversation with Blake, Jane feels the world closing in on her and admits to Lassiter that sometimes she want to run away with him. How does Lassiter react?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)