Chapters 1 - 3
1. At the beginning of the book, Jane waits for the churchmen. What will the churchmen attack Jane for?
(a) Jane doesn't give enough money to the church.
(b) Venters is a terrible employee.
(c) Jane is too rich and needs to give some of her land away.
(d) Her right to befriend a Gentile.
2. What is Withersteen House?
(a) Jane's house.
(b) Tull's house.
(c) Lassiter's house.
(d) Biship Dyer's house.
3. What crime does Tull accuse Venters of?
(a) Involvement in a shooting the night before.
(b) Fighting in the saloon.
(c) Robbing the bank.
(d) Being the Masked Rider.
4. What happened in this area of Southern Utah in 1871?
(a) A prairie storm.
(b) Villages to the north of Cottonwood rose up against Gentile settlers.
(c) Mormons moved to the area.
(d) Religous revivals came to the area.
5. When Lassiter appears, what does Jane offer that enrages Tull?
(a) Jane offers to marry Lassiter.
(b) Jane asks Lassiter to stay for supper.
(c) Jane flirts with Lassiter.
(d) Jane offers to water Lassiter's horse.
This section contains 5,672 words
(approx. 19 pages at 300 words per page)