Chapters 1 - 3
1. At the beginning of the book, Jane waits for the churchmen. What will the churchmen attack Jane for?
(a) Venters is a terrible employee.
(b) Jane doesn't give enough money to the church.
(c) Jane is too rich and needs to give some of her land away.
(d) Her right to befriend a Gentile.
2. What is Withersteen House?
(a) Biship Dyer's house.
(b) Jane's house.
(c) Tull's house.
(d) Lassiter's house.
3. What crime does Tull accuse Venters of?
(a) Being the Masked Rider.
(b) Robbing the bank.
(c) Fighting in the saloon.
(d) Involvement in a shooting the night before.
4. What happened in this area of Southern Utah in 1871?
(a) Religous revivals came to the area.
(b) A prairie storm.
(c) Mormons moved to the area.
(d) Villages to the north of Cottonwood rose up against Gentile settlers.
5. When Lassiter appears, what does Jane offer that enrages Tull?
(a) Jane flirts with Lassiter.
(b) Jane offers to water Lassiter's horse.
(c) Jane asks Lassiter to stay for supper.
(d) Jane offers to marry Lassiter.
This section contains 5,672 words
(approx. 19 pages at 300 words per page)