|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Naduah, Bear Cub, and Wanderer decide to deal with the spread of white man's disease?
2. What name is given to Wanderer's band?
3. From whom does Quanah attempt to protect his mother in Chapter 47?
4. Why do the Comanche declare war on Texas?
5. Why does Buffalo Piss come to the Quahadi in Chapter 38?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is significant about the man Naduah kills during a raid by white soldiers?
2. Why do Naduah and Wanderer travel to meet up with the Quohadi tribe?
3. Why does Wanderer's raiding party not use guns and what is the result?
4. Why does Wanderer fail to search for Naduah immediately after her capture?
5. Why does Pahayuca make the decision to leave the reservation?
6. What does Wanderer convinces the mayordomo of a New Mexico Indian tribe he must do?
7. Why does Wanderer struggle with the decision to leave Naduah in order to rejoin his father's band in the North?
8. What, to Buffalo Piss, is like asking an Indian to stop breathing?
9. By 1854, how many years has it been since Cynthia Ann Parker's capture by the Comanche?
10. What promise does Placido make when he faces Wanderer during a raid by white soldiers?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the following themes of the novel:
2) Indian Customs
Essay Topic 2
Discuss each of the following relationships in detail:
1) Naduah and Wanderer
2) Naduah and Bear Cub
3) Cynthia Ann and John Parker
4) Naduah and Medicine Woman.
Essay Topic 3
Who is Cynthia Ann Parker? Why is Cynthia Ann kidnapped by the Comanche Indians? What was Cynthia doing at Parker's Fort in the first place? What do the Comanche intend to do with her? Why did the Indians target children for captivity? What is Cynthia's role among the Indians? Why does Cynthia adjust to life with the Indians so quickly? Is this because she is a child or because she disliked her previous situation?
This section contains 782 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)