|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Bear Cub decide to leave the Indians in Chapter 47?
2. Who kills a white man while in labor and riding on a travois in Chapter 52?
3. What does Naduah dislike about the reaction of the other girls upon Wanderer's return in Chapter 35?
4. What type of gun do the white soldiers use against the Indians that makes the fight unfair in Chapter 39?
5. What happens when the Wasp band goes off on its own again in Chapter 48?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where is Naduah taken after her capture? For what purpose?
2. Why does Wanderer take guns and ammunition from a Texas settlement he and Buffalo Piss have raided with a group of warriors?
3. What news does Bear Cub bring to Wanderer's band when he catches up to them?
4. By whom is Naduah spotted during a raid by the Noconi? What happens as a result?
5. How does Old Owl die? What happens to his remains?
6. Why do the Comanche find themselves forced to trespass on Tanawa territory?
7. By 1854, how many years has it been since Cynthia Ann Parker's capture by the Comanche?
8. How does Naduah find herself a captive of the white man? Who led them to Naduah, therefore fulfilling his promise to Wanderer?
9. What promise does Placido make when he faces Wanderer during a raid by white soldiers?
10. Why is Naduah angry when Wanderer returns to the Wasp in order to find a wife?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss each of the following relationships in detail:
1) Naduah and Wanderer
2) Naduah and Bear Cub
3) Cynthia Ann and John Parker
4) Naduah and Medicine Woman.
Essay Topic 2
Who is Quanah? Who are his parents? What happens to his mother? What happens to his father? How does Quanah become leader of a band of Comanches? Why does Quanah fight the move to the reservations for so long? What finally leads Quanah to move his people to the reservation? What does this say about the Indian way of life? What has caused this overwhelming change in such a short period of time?
Essay Topic 3
What is the overall theme of Cynthia Ann Parker's life? Why did she become so comfortable with the Indians? Why was this looked down on by white society? Why did white people have such a hard time understanding the Indian way of life? Why did the white people fear Indians? Were all Indians cruel to the whites? What caused the raid that took Cynthia into Indian captivity? Did Cynthia consider herself a captive? How might relations between whites and Indians have been handled differently? Should they have been?
This section contains 884 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)