|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens on the way home from Linnville to the raiding party?
2. What name is given to Wanderer's band?
3. Where does Bear Cub go after the death of his friend in Chapter 44?
4. What does Bear Cub find has happened to other bands as he travels in Chapters 44-45?
5. Who assisted the white raiders in finding the Naconi camp in Chapter 53?
Short Essay Questions
1. By whom is Naduah spotted during a raid by the Noconi? What happens as a result?
2. What is Plum Creek? What happens there?
3. Why is Naduah angry when Wanderer returns to the Wasp in order to find a wife?
4. Why does Pahayuca make the decision to leave the reservation?
5. What, to Buffalo Piss, is like asking an Indian to stop breathing?
6. What does Wanderer convinces the mayordomo of a New Mexico Indian tribe he must do?
7. Why do Naduah and Wanderer travel to meet up with the Quohadi tribe?
8. How does Old Owl die? What happens to his remains?
9. Why do the Comanche find themselves forced to trespass on Tanawa territory?
10. What happens between Wanderer and his father after the failed battle with the white man's five shooters?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss each of the following relationships in detail:
1) Naduah and Wanderer
2) Naduah and Bear Cub
3) Cynthia Ann and John Parker
4) Naduah and Medicine Woman.
Essay Topic 2
Cynthia Ann Parker's character changes as the novel progresses. Discuss character growth. How does the author show the reader that Cynthia/Naduah has grown and changed? How does Cynthia forget her white roots and embrace her Indian way of life? How does the author show growth in John Parker/Bear Cub? Why does Bear Cub choose a different path than his sister? What does that say about his own personal growth? How does Rachel's story contrast with Cynthia's? Does this show growth for Cynthia? For Rachel?
Essay Topic 3
Who is Placido? Why does he capture Eagle and Wanderer? What does he plan to do with them? What does he do to Eagle? Why does Placido vow revenge against Wanderer? Why does Placido team with the whites to find Wanderer's band of Indians? What is the result of this collaboration? How does Placido finally die? What happens to his killer?
This section contains 844 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)