|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the bands of Comanche who go to San Antonio for the 1839 peace treaty talks?
2. What is the Staked Plains?
3. To whom is Something Good married?
4. Why are Wanderer, Eagle, and Spaniard captured by the People Eaters?
5. What name is the pony given in the war party ceremony christened with?
Short Essay Questions
1. Does Cynthia Ann Parker hope to be rescued from the Comanche?
2. Who do the Comanche take captive during the raid on Parker's Fort?
3. Why do six Indian bands agree to go to San Antonio in the Autumn of 1839?
4. What happens to Rachel in Chapters 27-28?
5. Why does Wanderer tell Naduah that the raid on Parker's Fort took place?
6. What weather event causes the Wasp difficulty in finding food after they are forced to abandon their camp due to fire?
7. Who entrusts Naduah with his war gear after the successful raid on the People Eaters?
8. Who is John Parker? What is his life like with the Comanche?
9. What medical procedure does Naduah assist on that demonstrates her healing abilities? Who has taught Naduah about medicine?
10. Does Bear Cub want to return with the white man after a group of soldiers raids Old Owl's band?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the following themes of the novel:
2) Indian Customs
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the following elements of the novel:
2) Point of view
Essay Topic 3
Why does Wanderer begin targeting settlements in Texas for his raids? What have the Texans done to bring this on? Who is right and who is wrong? What weapons do Wanderer and his band use against the Texans? Which weapons would Wanderer prefer to use? For what reason? What happens at Plum Creek? Could this have been prevented? Why was it not?
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)