|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Terrible Snows moving from band to band in Chapter 27?
2. Who is given a pony during a war party ceremony before a war party leaves to avenge Eagle's death?
3. What suggestion does Naduah suggest to help the Wasp defend themselves from the consequences of Deep Water's actions?
4. Who has adopted Bear Cub?
5. Where does Something Good take Naduah shortly after her arrival with the band?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the name of the Indian warrior who takes Cynthia Ann Parker captive?
2. What weather event causes the Wasp difficulty in finding food after they are forced to abandon their camp due to fire?
3. What medical procedure does Naduah assist on that demonstrates her healing abilities? Who has taught Naduah about medicine?
4. Who do the Comanche take captive during the raid on Parker's Fort?
5. Why does Wanderer tell Naduah that the raid on Parker's Fort took place?
6. What is Naduah envious of in connection with Bear Cub's behavior?
7. Who ambushes and captures Wanderer, Eagle, and Spaniard while they are hunting? Why?
8. Who saves the Medicine Woman from a flood?
9. Whose treatment during transportation to the Comanche camps causes Cynthia Ann Parker some discomfort?
10. Who does Cynthia Ann Parker continue to fear as she adjusts to life with the Comanche?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who is Cynthia Ann Parker? Why is Cynthia Ann kidnapped by the Comanche Indians? What was Cynthia doing at Parker's Fort in the first place? What do the Comanche intend to do with her? Why did the Indians target children for captivity? What is Cynthia's role among the Indians? Why does Cynthia adjust to life with the Indians so quickly? Is this because she is a child or because she disliked her previous situation?
Essay Topic 2
Why does Cynthia remain with the Indians for so long? Why does Cynthia marry an Indian warrior? Does Cynthia love her husband? What is life like for Cynthia? How might it have been different had she not been taken by the Indians? Could Cynthia have run away and returned to the white world? If so, why did she not? Is Cynthia a bad person for adopting the Indian way of life? Why do the white men look down on Cynthia when they rescue her?
Essay Topic 3
Define and find examples of each style term in the novel:
This section contains 776 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)