|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Cynthia Ann Parker?
2. What is pemmican?
3. What training does Wanderer offer to share with Naduah in Chapter 19?
4. What do the Comanche call the month of February?
5. What suggestion does Naduah suggest to help the Wasp defend themselves from the consequences of Deep Water's actions?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Wanderer tell Naduah that the raid on Parker's Fort took place?
2. What is Naduah envious of in connection with Bear Cub's behavior?
3. Who saves the Medicine Woman from a flood?
4. Whose treatment during transportation to the Comanche camps causes Cynthia Ann Parker some discomfort?
5. How many die as a result of the disaster at White Robe's camp?
6. What weather event causes the Wasp difficulty in finding food after they are forced to abandon their camp due to fire?
7. What happens to Rachel in Chapters 27-28?
8. What is the name of the Indian warrior who takes Cynthia Ann Parker captive?
9. Who entrusts Naduah with his war gear after the successful raid on the People Eaters?
10. What group of Indians raid Parker's Fort? Why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Define and find examples of each style term in the novel:
Essay Topic 2
Why does Cynthia remain with the Indians for so long? Why does Cynthia marry an Indian warrior? Does Cynthia love her husband? What is life like for Cynthia? How might it have been different had she not been taken by the Indians? Could Cynthia have run away and returned to the white world? If so, why did she not? Is Cynthia a bad person for adopting the Indian way of life? Why do the white men look down on Cynthia when they rescue her?
Essay Topic 3
Why does Wanderer begin targeting settlements in Texas for his raids? What have the Texans done to bring this on? Who is right and who is wrong? What weapons do Wanderer and his band use against the Texans? Which weapons would Wanderer prefer to use? For what reason? What happens at Plum Creek? Could this have been prevented? Why was it not?
This section contains 754 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)