|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are the Indians at the fort?
2. What does Naduah recognize about the cause of the disaster at White Robe's camp in Chapter 24?
3. What gifts does Sunrise give Naduah to welcome her to his family?
4. How do Indians hunt buffalo?
5. What does Rachel learn about her husband after her release?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is John Parker? What is his life like with the Comanche?
2. Why does Wanderer tell Naduah that the raid on Parker's Fort took place?
3. Who ambushes and captures Wanderer, Eagle, and Spaniard while they are hunting? Why?
4. Who entrusts Naduah with his war gear after the successful raid on the People Eaters?
5. To whom is Something Good married? How is she risking bringing shame on herself?
6. Does Bear Cub want to return with the white man after a group of soldiers raids Old Owl's band?
7. How many die as a result of the disaster at White Robe's camp?
8. Who do the Comanche take captive during the raid on Parker's Fort?
9. Who saves the Medicine Woman from a flood?
10. Who brings help for Wanderer and Eagle?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Wanderer begin targeting settlements in Texas for his raids? What have the Texans done to bring this on? Who is right and who is wrong? What weapons do Wanderer and his band use against the Texans? Which weapons would Wanderer prefer to use? For what reason? What happens at Plum Creek? Could this have been prevented? Why was it not?
Essay Topic 2
Who is Cynthia Ann Parker? Why is Cynthia Ann kidnapped by the Comanche Indians? What was Cynthia doing at Parker's Fort in the first place? What do the Comanche intend to do with her? Why did the Indians target children for captivity? What is Cynthia's role among the Indians? Why does Cynthia adjust to life with the Indians so quickly? Is this because she is a child or because she disliked her previous situation?
Essay Topic 3
Cynthia Ann Parker's character changes as the novel progresses. Discuss character growth. How does the author show the reader that Cynthia/Naduah has grown and changed? How does Cynthia forget her white roots and embrace her Indian way of life? How does the author show growth in John Parker/Bear Cub? Why does Bear Cub choose a different path than his sister? What does that say about his own personal growth? How does Rachel's story contrast with Cynthia's? Does this show growth for Cynthia? For Rachel?
This section contains 877 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)