|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does Texas set aside to rid the countryside of Comanche?
2. Who is Placido?
3. What act usually makes an agreement unbreakable between two Comanche warriors?
4. Why does Rachel Plummer turn on her Indian owner?
5. What does Cynthia do when she finally arrives at the Indian camp in Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is John Parker? What is his life like with the Comanche?
2. What is Naduah envious of in connection with Bear Cub's behavior?
3. How many die as a result of the disaster at White Robe's camp?
4. What group of Indians raid Parker's Fort? Why?
5. Does Cynthia Ann Parker hope to be rescued from the Comanche?
6. What is Naduah taught during the buffalo hunt?
7. Why do the Indians kill all the non-adopted white captives within their bands?
8. Whose treatment during transportation to the Comanche camps causes Cynthia Ann Parker some discomfort?
9. Why does Wanderer tell Naduah that the raid on Parker's Fort took place?
10. What happens to Rachel in Chapters 27-28?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Bear Cub comes to the conclusion that the time of the Indians is coming to an end. Is he right? How has Indian life changed over the years the Parkers have been with the Comanche? What has caused this change? Could the Indians have done something to prevent this? Could the white man? Why did the younger Indians resist moving to the reservations so much? What happened on the reservations? Would these have been better places for the Comanche? Could it have prevented starvation and death? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Define and find examples of each style term in the novel:
Essay Topic 3
Who is Bear Cub? Why does Bear Cub speak English when talking about his white family, but uses the Comanche language the rest of the time? What does this say about Bear Cub's loyalties? Why is Bear Cub returned to white society? How does Bear Cub feel about this change in circumstances? How does Bear Cub return to the Comanches? Why does Bear Cub go on a vision quest? Why does Bear Cub eventually decide to live on a ranch in Mexico? What does this say about Bear Cub's loyalties now? Is Bear Cub being smart or unfair?
This section contains 801 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)