|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Staked Plains?
2. Who built Parker's Fort?
3. What animal blunders into the Wasp camp in an attempt to escape a fire?
4. Who do the Parkers ask to help rescue their captured family members?
5. What does Wanderer really do in Medicine Woman's lodge while the camp evacuates in the face of a natural disaster?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Naduah envious of in connection with Bear Cub's behavior?
2. Why does Wanderer tell Naduah that the raid on Parker's Fort took place?
3. Who does Cynthia Ann Parker continue to fear as she adjusts to life with the Comanche?
4. What medical procedure does Naduah assist on that demonstrates her healing abilities? Who has taught Naduah about medicine?
5. Who do the Comanche take captive during the raid on Parker's Fort?
6. How many die as a result of the disaster at White Robe's camp?
7. Why do the Indians kill all the non-adopted white captives within their bands?
8. What weather event causes the Wasp difficulty in finding food after they are forced to abandon their camp due to fire?
9. To whom is Something Good married? How is she risking bringing shame on herself?
10. What group of Indians raid Parker's Fort? Why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who is Bear Cub? Why does Bear Cub speak English when talking about his white family, but uses the Comanche language the rest of the time? What does this say about Bear Cub's loyalties? Why is Bear Cub returned to white society? How does Bear Cub feel about this change in circumstances? How does Bear Cub return to the Comanches? Why does Bear Cub go on a vision quest? Why does Bear Cub eventually decide to live on a ranch in Mexico? What does this say about Bear Cub's loyalties now? Is Bear Cub being smart or unfair?
Essay Topic 2
What is white man's disease? How does white man's disease spread to the Indians? How does Neduah keep smallpox from spreading through the Wasp band? Which disease finally kills Old Owl? How does Bear Cub react to this knowledge? How does Bear Cub contract this disease? Does he survive? What disease kills Neduah's Indian parents and grandmother? How does she react to this news? Could this devastation have been prevented?
Essay Topic 3
Who is Eagle? Why does he sacrifice himself for Wanderer? What relationship is Eagle involved in that threatens to bring shame on him and his love? Why does Eagle continue this relationship when he knows it could cause him shame? Whose child is it rumored Eagle has fathered? What happens to this woman, to this child? Who kills Eagle? For what reason? What revenge plan is hatched to avenge Eagle's murder? How does this lead to Cynthia Ann Parker returning to her white family?
This section contains 819 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)