|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Naduah do when the women at the fort are done with her in Chapter 54?
(a) Violently attacks them.
(b) Runs away.
(c) Refuses to eat.
(d) Puts back on her own clothing.
2. Who raids the Naconi camp while the men are hunting in Chapter 53?
(a) Texas Rangers.
(b) The Parker family.
(c) White soldiers.
(d) White traders.
3. Why does Wanderer tell Naduah he has returned to the Wasp band in Chapter 35?
(a) To avenge the death of a friend.
(b) To take over Pahayuca's job.
(c) To find a wife.
(d) To help with the season's hunt.
4. What item does Wanderer find in Linnville that he feels Naduah will like?
(a) A throroughbred horse.
(b) A gold brooch.
(c) A fancy silk dress.
(d) A hand-tooled saddle.
5. From whom does Quanah attempt to protect his mother in Chapter 47?
(a) White settlers.
(b) White Texas Rangers.
(c) White traders.
(d) White soldiers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What vaccine do the white men refuse to give the Wasp band in Chapter 48?
2. Why have the Quohadi broken from the southern Comanche bands?
3. What is cholera?
4. What name is given to Wanderer's band?
5. Why does Elder James Parker beat Bear Cub on a regular basis?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Pahayuca make the decision to leave the reservation?
2. By whom is Naduah spotted during a raid by the Noconi? What happens as a result?
3. What decision does Bear Cub make in chapter 47 that Naduah deeply disagrees with, causing her to disown him as her brother?
4. What is Plum Creek? What happens there?
5. What promise does Placido make when he faces Wanderer during a raid by white soldiers?
6. Why does Naduah agree to go with Cynthia Ann Parker's uncle after her capture by white soldiers?
7. Why does Bear Cub vow vengeance against Elder James Parker? What does Elder's actions say about white man's feeling toward Indians?
8. What does Sunrise offer for Naduah's dowry when she marries Wanderer? What is unusual about this?
9. Why do the Comanche find themselves forced to trespass on Tanawa territory?
10. What news does Bear Cub bring to Wanderer's band when he catches up to them?
This section contains 827 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)