|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What argument does Wanderer have with Buffalo Piss as they prepare to return to camp?
(a) Which route to take.
(b) Who should take the loot.
(c) Which town to raid next.
(d) Who should take credit for the looting.
2. What does Bear Cub consider a slow death in his life outside Old Owl's band?
(a) Living in a house and wearing white man's clothing.
(b) Living in the city.
(c) Living on a farm.
(d) Living with the Parker family.
3. Why do Comanche boys go on vision quests?
(a) To kill their first buffalo.
(b) To kill their first white man.
(c) To prove their worthiness as men.
(d) To see a vision that guides them into manhood.
4. What is the name of Naduah and Wanderer's second child?
(d) Wanderer Jr.
5. Why does Wanderer begin his own band?
(a) To become more powerful.
(b) To give rebels a place to hide out.
(c) To give Naduah the life she desearves.
(d) To separate from his father after a disagreement.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who kills a white man while in labor and riding on a travois in Chapter 52?
2. Who have the soldiers killed in Chapter 53?
3. Where does Bear Cub decide to settle in the end of Chapter 47?
4. When did Sunrise agree to allow Wanderer to marry Naduah?
5. How do Naduah, Bear Cub, and Wanderer decide to deal with the spread of white man's disease?
Short Essay Questions
1. What decision does Bear Cub make in chapter 47 that Naduah deeply disagrees with, causing her to disown him as her brother?
2. How do the Indians prefer to live their lives?
3. What is Plum Creek? What happens there?
4. Why does Wanderer take guns and ammunition from a Texas settlement he and Buffalo Piss have raided with a group of warriors?
5. Why does Wanderer fail to search for Naduah immediately after her capture?
6. How does Naduah find herself a captive of the white man? Who led them to Naduah, therefore fulfilling his promise to Wanderer?
7. Why does Wanderer's raiding party not use guns and what is the result?
8. By whom is Naduah spotted during a raid by the Noconi? What happens as a result?
9. Why does Bear Cub vow vengeance against Elder James Parker? What does Elder's actions say about white man's feeling toward Indians?
10. Why is Naduah afraid of a group of white traders who come to the Naconi camp?
This section contains 886 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)