|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Wanderer face over the body of his father in Chapter 52?
(c) Buffalo Piss.
2. For what reason does Pahayuca take his people off the Staked Plains?
(a) They are unable to find the plant foods they need to survive.
(b) They are unwilling to hunt anymore.
(c) They are suffering the white man's illness.
(d) They are starving.
3. Where is Plum Creek?
(a) San Antonio, Texas.
(b) Lockhart, Texas.
(c) Austin, Texas.
(d) Houston, Texas.
4. How old is Quanah when Wanderer first takes him on a raid against the white settlers?
5. Who kills a white man while in labor and riding on a travois in Chapter 52?
(a) Small Hands.
(b) Star Name.
(c) Medicine Woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the white women do to Naduah when she arrives at the fort after her capture by white raiders?
2. Where do the Quohadi live?
3. What do the Comanche think of the treaties the white man, who are intruding on Comanche land, are offering?
4. Why does Elder James Parker beat Bear Cub on a regular basis?
5. Why has Naduah grown unhappy with her life in Chapter 35?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens between Wanderer and his father after the failed battle with the white man's five shooters?
2. Why does Wanderer's raiding party not use guns and what is the result?
3. What does Old Owl's actions in the face of pressure from the white people to return Bear Cub say about his strengths as a leader?
4. How do the Indians prefer to live their lives?
5. By 1854, how many years has it been since Cynthia Ann Parker's capture by the Comanche?
6. By whom is Naduah spotted during a raid by the Noconi? What happens as a result?
7. What, to Buffalo Piss, is like asking an Indian to stop breathing?
8. What is Plum Creek? What happens there?
9. What news does Bear Cub bring to Wanderer's band when he catches up to them?
10. Why do the Comanche find themselves forced to trespass on Tanawa territory?
This section contains 863 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)