|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Wanderer tell Naduah he has returned to the Wasp band in Chapter 35?
(a) To help with the season's hunt.
(b) To take over Pahayuca's job.
(c) To avenge the death of a friend.
(d) To find a wife.
2. Where does Naduah want to winter in Chapter 42?
(a) In Oklahoma.
(b) With the Wasp band.
(c) In New Mexico.
(d) With Old Owl's band.
3. What does Wanderer trade for the guns in Chapter 41?
4. From where does Wanderer finally acquire repeating guns?
(a) New Mexican trader, Mike Reyes.
(b) New Mexican trader, Tony Mitchell.
(c) Mexican trader, Emile Rodrigous.
(d) Mexican trader, Jose Tafoya.
5. Who raids the Naconi camp while the men are hunting in Chapter 53?
(a) The Parker family.
(b) White soldiers.
(c) White traders.
(d) Texas Rangers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did this character in Chapter 44 contract cholera?
2. Circle of life is what style element in Chapters 31-33?
3. Who is Small Hands?
4. What is Bear Cub's Christian name?
5. What do the soldiers quickly notice about Naduah in Chapter 54?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Naduah find herself a captive of the white man? Who led them to Naduah, therefore fulfilling his promise to Wanderer?
2. Why is Naduah angry when Wanderer returns to the Wasp in order to find a wife?
3. How do the Indians prefer to live their lives?
4. What, to Buffalo Piss, is like asking an Indian to stop breathing?
5. Why is Naduah afraid of a group of white traders who come to the Naconi camp?
6. Why does Pahayuca make the decision to leave the reservation?
7. Why does Wanderer's raiding party not use guns and what is the result?
8. By whom is Naduah spotted during a raid by the Noconi? What happens as a result?
9. Where is Naduah taken after her capture? For what purpose?
10. Why do Naduah and Wanderer travel to meet up with the Quohadi tribe?
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)