|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the white women do to Naduah when she arrives at the fort after her capture by white raiders?
(a) Force her to learn English.
(b) Bathe and dress her.
(c) Make her give up her child.
(d) Burn her clothing and cut her hair.
2. Who is Iron Shirt?
(a) Wanderer's cousin.
(b) Wanderer's uncle.
(c) Wanderer's brother.
(d) Wanderer's father.
3. Who raids the Naconi camp while the men are hunting in Chapter 53?
(a) White traders.
(b) White soldiers.
(c) Texas Rangers.
(d) The Parker family.
4. Why does Wanderer tell Naduah he has returned to the Wasp band in Chapter 35?
(a) To help with the season's hunt.
(b) To take over Pahayuca's job.
(c) To avenge the death of a friend.
(d) To find a wife.
5. What do New Mexican poachers trade with Wanderer in order to make up for the stealing of buffalo meat to feed their people?
(a) Corn bread.
Short Answer Questions
1. What vaccine do the white men refuse to give the Wasp band in Chapter 48?
2. Who have the soldiers killed in Chapter 53?
3. What does Wanderer trade for the guns in Chapter 41?
4. What causes the journey back from Plum Creek to be so difficult on young warriors like Upstream?
5. How long has Bear Cub been a member of Old Owl's band?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where is Naduah taken after her capture? For what purpose?
2. What promise does Placido make when he faces Wanderer during a raid by white soldiers?
3. What, to Buffalo Piss, is like asking an Indian to stop breathing?
4. What is significant about the man Naduah kills during a raid by white soldiers?
5. How does Old Owl die? What happens to his remains?
6. How do the Indians prefer to live their lives?
7. What news does Bear Cub bring to Wanderer's band when he catches up to them?
8. How does Wanderer react when Len Williams offers to pay a ransom for Naduah?
9. What decision does Bear Cub make in chapter 47 that Naduah deeply disagrees with, causing her to disown him as her brother?
10. Why do Naduah and Wanderer travel to meet up with the Quohadi tribe?
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)