|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the Quohadi live?
(a) Southern Oklahoma.
(b) East Arizona.
(c) North Texas.
(d) East New Mexico.
2. Why is the body of this character in Chapter 44 who died of cholera not buried, but burned?
(a) To signal other bands to stay away.
(b) Because he was disrespected.
(c) To prevent spread of the disease.
(d) This is the traditional burial of Comanche.
3. What is cholera?
(a) A flu-like illness.
(b) An infection of the lungs.
(c) An infectious disease of the gastrointestinal track.
(d) A measles-like illness.
4. Why do Comanche boys go on vision quests?
(a) To kill their first buffalo.
(b) To see a vision that guides them into manhood.
(c) To kill their first white man.
(d) To prove their worthiness as men.
5. What is the name of Naduah's daughter?
(d) Oak Leaf.
Short Answer Questions
1. What weapon does Wanderer take from the raid in Chapter 50?
2. Who is Iron Shirt?
3. What do New Mexican poachers trade with Wanderer in order to make up for the stealing of buffalo meat to feed their people?
4. What does Bear Cub find has happened to other bands as he travels in Chapters 44-45?
5. What is Naduah's dowry in her marriage to Wanderer?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Wanderer convinces the mayordomo of a New Mexico Indian tribe he must do?
2. What does Old Owl's actions in the face of pressure from the white people to return Bear Cub say about his strengths as a leader?
3. Why does Pahayuca make the decision to leave the reservation?
4. What news does Bear Cub bring to Wanderer's band when he catches up to them?
5. How do the Indians prefer to live their lives?
6. What decision does Bear Cub make in chapter 47 that Naduah deeply disagrees with, causing her to disown him as her brother?
7. What is Plum Creek? What happens there?
8. Why does Wanderer fail to search for Naduah immediately after her capture?
9. What promise does Placido make when he faces Wanderer during a raid by white soldiers?
10. Why is Naduah afraid of a group of white traders who come to the Naconi camp?
This section contains 832 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)