|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Cynthia sore and bruised when she arrives at the Indian camp in Chapter 5?
(a) From the raid on the fort.
(b) From riding horses.
(c) From a beating.
(d) From a fall.
2. Why is Terrible Snows moving from band to band in Chapter 27?
(a) Trying to find a permanent home.
(b) Trying to improve his fortune.
(c) Looking for his mother.
(d) Looking for free food.
3. Who delivers Something Good's baby?
(a) Naduah and Six Toes.
(b) Medicine Woman and Naduah.
(c) Medicine Woman and Takes Down the Lodge.
(d) Takes Down the Lodge and Naduah.
4. Where do the Wasp plan to winter that first year Naduah is with them?
(a) On a sacred mountain.
(b) With the Souix.
(c) With Old Owl's band.
(d) On a reservation.
5. Who is Noah Smithwick?
(a) A white man trying to get bands of Comanche to a treaty talk in San Antonio.
(b) A white man who was raised by Comanche.
(c) A white soldier who was injured in an Indian raid.
(d) A white man who is looking to collect the ransom for Cynthia Ann Parker.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Indians hunt buffalo?
2. Who is Eagle in love with?
3. Why does this man refuse to help rescue the Parkers' captured family members?
4. What is different for the children of the Wasp band than for the children of Parker's Fort?
5. What advantage on the battlefield does Wanderer believe the white man has?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the name of the Indian warrior who takes Cynthia Ann Parker captive?
2. How many die as a result of the disaster at White Robe's camp?
3. Why do six Indian bands agree to go to San Antonio in the Autumn of 1839?
4. Who does Cynthia Ann Parker continue to fear as she adjusts to life with the Comanche?
5. What weather event causes the Wasp difficulty in finding food after they are forced to abandon their camp due to fire?
6. Who saves the Medicine Woman from a flood?
7. What new name is Cynthia given upon her arrival with the Comanche? What does it mean?
8. Who is John Parker? What is his life like with the Comanche?
9. Whose treatment during transportation to the Comanche camps causes Cynthia Ann Parker some discomfort?
10. Who ambushes and captures Wanderer, Eagle, and Spaniard while they are hunting? Why?
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)