|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Cynthia afraid Wanderer will kill her?
(a) She has done something to offend him.
(b) She wants him to.
(c) She misunderstands his actions.
(d) She has read too many fiction stories.
2. Where does Something Good take Naduah shortly after her arrival with the band?
(a) On a vision quest.
(b) Shopping in the white settlement.
(c) Bee hive hunting.
(d) Buffalo hunting.
3. What happens to Rachel Plummer's baby?
(a) Cruel One leaves it with white people.
(b) Cruel One abandons it on the prairie.
(c) Cruel One kills it.
(d) Cruel One adopts it.
4. Who is John Parker?
(a) Cynthia's cousin.
(b) Cynthia's fifteen-year-old brother and potential rescurer.
(c) Cynthia's six-year-old brother and fellow captor.
(d) Cynthia's uncle.
5. Why is Terrible Snows moving from band to band in Chapter 27?
(a) Trying to find a permanent home.
(b) Looking for free food.
(c) Looking for his mother.
(d) Trying to improve his fortune.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Naduah often wonder about her white family in the early days with the Comanche?
2. What gifts does Sunrise give Naduah to welcome her to his family?
3. What natural disaster strikes the Wasp the first year Naduah is with them?
4. Who gives Naduah a deerskin dress with bells during her first year with the Comanche?
5. What does Rachel learn about her husband after her release?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who brings help for Wanderer and Eagle?
2. What new name is Cynthia given upon her arrival with the Comanche? What does it mean?
3. Why is a special crest of three red lines designed for Wanderer's arrows?
4. Does Bear Cub want to return with the white man after a group of soldiers raids Old Owl's band?
5. Why do the Indians kill all the non-adopted white captives within their bands?
6. What is Naduah taught during the buffalo hunt?
7. Who do the Comanche take captive during the raid on Parker's Fort?
8. What medical procedure does Naduah assist on that demonstrates her healing abilities? Who has taught Naduah about medicine?
9. What is the name of the Indian warrior who takes Cynthia Ann Parker captive?
10. Who is the leader of the Wasp band of the Comanche?
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)