|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Naduah believe Wanderer has entered Medicine Woman's lodge as everyone else evacuates the camp in face of a natural disaster?
(a) To find medicine for an injured friend.
(b) To steal her belongings.
(c) To save her life.
(d) To find refuge from the natural disaster.
2. What does Cynthia do when she finally arrives at the Indian camp in Chapter 5?
(a) Cynthia fights her new captors.
(b) Cynthia tries to run away.
(c) Cynthia falls unconscious from her ordeal.
(d) Cynthia attempts to drown herself in the creek.
3. What does Naduah spent the winter of 1839 hunting?
(c) Medicinal plants.
4. How much money does Texas set aside to rid the countryside of Comanche?
(a) One hundred thousand.
(b) One hundred.
(c) One million.
(d) One thousand.
5. Who is Something Good?
(a) A young Souix woman.
(b) A young English captive.
(c) A young Comanche woman.
(d) A young Mohawk woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Rachel go after she is released by the Indians in Chapter 27?
2. How old is Rachel when she dies?
3. What is the woman's role in the buffalo hunt?
4. Where does Something Good take Naduah shortly after her arrival with the band?
5. Why does Eagle feel his life is in jeopardy in the Wasp band?
Short Essay Questions
1. What new name is Cynthia given upon her arrival with the Comanche? What does it mean?
2. Why do the Indians kill all the non-adopted white captives within their bands?
3. Why does Wanderer tell Naduah that the raid on Parker's Fort took place?
4. What is the name of the Indian warrior who takes Cynthia Ann Parker captive?
5. Who brings help for Wanderer and Eagle?
6. Does Bear Cub want to return with the white man after a group of soldiers raids Old Owl's band?
7. Who ambushes and captures Wanderer, Eagle, and Spaniard while they are hunting? Why?
8. Why is a special crest of three red lines designed for Wanderer's arrows?
9. Why does Eagle antagonize his captors?
10. How large is the combination of the Wasp and Old Owl's bands when they winter together?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)