|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Wasps find at the camp of White Robe's band?
(a) Everyone has been shot.
(b) Everyone is sick.
(c) Everyone is dead.
(d) Everyone is starving.
2. What does Cynthia do when she finally arrives at the Indian camp in Chapter 5?
(a) Cynthia falls unconscious from her ordeal.
(b) Cynthia attempts to drown herself in the creek.
(c) Cynthia fights her new captors.
(d) Cynthia tries to run away.
3. Where do Bear Cub's loyalties lie when the white soldiers attack Old Owl's band?
(a) With the white soldiers and the dead Comanche.
(b) With Old Owl and the injured soldiers.
(c) With Old Owl and the Comanche.
(d) With the white soldiers.
4. What does Naduah often wonder about her white family in the early days with the Comanche?
(a) If they will rescue her someday.
(b) All the above.
(c) If they are looking for her.
(d) If they are still alive.
5. Why is Cynthia afraid Wanderer will kill her?
(a) She wants him to.
(b) She has done something to offend him.
(c) She misunderstands his actions.
(d) She has read too many fiction stories.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who asks Naduah to remain with Old Owl's band as the bands break up at the end of winter in Chapter 23?
2. Why do the Indians raid the fort?
3. Why is Cynthia Ann Parker given a new name?
4. What advantage on the battlefield does Wanderer believe the white man has?
5. What self mutilation on a squaw's part shows her grief for a fallen warrior or deceased family member?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Wanderer tell Naduah that the raid on Parker's Fort took place?
2. Who entrusts Naduah with his war gear after the successful raid on the People Eaters?
3. How many die as a result of the disaster at White Robe's camp?
4. What is Naduah envious of in connection with Bear Cub's behavior?
5. What group of Indians raid Parker's Fort? Why?
6. To whom is Something Good married? How is she risking bringing shame on herself?
7. What medical procedure does Naduah assist on that demonstrates her healing abilities? Who has taught Naduah about medicine?
8. What is Naduah taught during the buffalo hunt?
9. Why does Eagle antagonize his captors?
10. Who is John Parker? What is his life like with the Comanche?
This section contains 821 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)