|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why have the Quohadi broken from the southern Comanche bands?
(a) The southern bands have moved onto the reservations.
(b) The southern bands have stopped raiding.
(c) The southern bands accused the Quohadi of collaberating with the white man.
(d) The southern bands raid other Comanche camps.
2. Why does Wanderer begin his own band?
(a) To become more powerful.
(b) To separate from his father after a disagreement.
(c) To give rebels a place to hide out.
(d) To give Naduah the life she desearves.
3. What do the white women do to Naduah when she arrives at the fort after her capture by white raiders?
(a) Bathe and dress her.
(b) Make her give up her child.
(c) Force her to learn English.
(d) Burn her clothing and cut her hair.
4. Why does Old Owl return Bear Cub to the white man in Chapter 34?
(a) To use Bear Cub as a spy.
(b) To get rid of a nuisance.
(c) To allow Bear Cub to return to his roots.
(d) To keep them from stalking his band.
5. Why do Wanderer and Buffalo Piss become angry with Pahayuca in the fall of 1854?
(a) He has given up his role as chief.
(b) He has abandoned his people.
(c) He has chosen to go to the reservations.
(d) He has divorced his wife like a white man.
6. What argument does Wanderer have with Buffalo Piss as they prepare to return to camp?
(a) Which route to take.
(b) Who should take the loot.
(c) Which town to raid next.
(d) Who should take credit for the looting.
7. Where is Naduah taken after she is captured by white raiders?
(a) Fort Davis.
(b) Camp Cooper.
(c) Parker's Fort.
(d) Fort Stockton.
8. Why do Comanche boys go on vision quests?
(a) To see a vision that guides them into manhood.
(b) To kill their first white man.
(c) To kill their first buffalo.
(d) To prove their worthiness as men.
9. Who have the soldiers killed in Chapter 53?
(a) Only children and old women.
(b) Only women, children, and old men.
(c) Only elderly women.
(d) Only women, children, and livestock.
10. Who raids the Naconi camp while the men are hunting in Chapter 53?
(a) The Parker family.
(b) Texas Rangers.
(c) White traders.
(d) White soldiers.
11. Why does Wanderer decide to leave the Wasp band again?
(a) To take care of his mother.
(b) To help his father's band.
(c) To take care of his brother.
(d) To help his uncle's band.
12. What does the trader try to tell Wanderer and Naduah about Texas and their ability to beat them in a war?
(a) It has become a state in the union.
(b) It has built up its own army with the Rangers.
(c) It has become a republic.
(d) It has reverted back to Mexico.
13. What does Naduah dislike about the reaction of the other girls upon Wanderer's return in Chapter 35?
(a) The way they push Naduah out of the way.
(b) The way they prim and preen.
(c) The way they fall over his every word.
(d) The way they ignore him.
14. Why does Bear Cub decide to leave the Indians in Chapter 47?
(a) The Indians are cruel to him.
(b) The Indians no longer do what he wants.
(c) The Indians remind him too much of dead friends.
(d) The Indian life has changed.
15. Who kills a white man while in labor and riding on a travois in Chapter 52?
(a) Star Name.
(c) Small Hands.
(d) Medicine Woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Naduah and Wanderer's second child?
2. What does Bear Cub consider a slow death in his life outside Old Owl's band?
3. Who heals Wanderer's injury in Chapter 50?
4. What does Naduah do when the women at the fort are done with her in Chapter 54?
5. Who dies of cholera in Chapter 44?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)