|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is causing the buffalo to become less prevalent on Indian lands during the novel's setting?
(b) The migration of the white people.
(c) Over hunting by the Indians.
(d) Colder winters.
2. How old is Quanah when Wanderer first takes him on a raid against the white settlers?
3. What is cholera?
(a) A measles-like illness.
(b) An infection of the lungs.
(c) An infectious disease of the gastrointestinal track.
(d) A flu-like illness.
4. What does this unhappiness with Pahayuca on the parts of Wanderer and Buffalo Piss illustrate about the feelings among Indians in this time period?
(a) That the younger Indians are hot heads.
(b) That the younger Indians are impetuous.
(c) That the older Indians are tired and bored with life.
(d) That the older Indians are less willing to fight.
5. Who assisted the white raiders in finding the Naconi camp in Chapter 53?
(d) Buffalo Piss.
6. Who promises Naduah he will reunite her with Wanderer if she will go home with him?
(a) Silas Parker.
(b) Issac Parker.
(c) Ben Parker.
(d) Elder James Parker.
7. Where is Naduah taken after she is captured by white raiders?
(a) Fort Stockton.
(b) Parker's Fort.
(c) Fort Davis.
(d) Camp Cooper.
8. How long after his rescue does John Parker/Bear Cub return to Old Owl's band?
(a) Five days.
(b) Five weeks.
(c) Five months.
(d) Five years.
9. Who does Wanderer face over the body of his father in Chapter 52?
(b) Buffalo Piss.
10. Why is Naduah caught by the raiders in Chapter 53?
(a) She is attempting to find Quanah.
(b) She is attempting to protect her daughter.
(c) She is attempting to leave a message for Wanderer.
(d) She is attempting to adminster to a sick Pecan.
11. How many members of the raiding party were killed at Plum Creek?
(a) A half.
(b) A fourth.
(c) Three fourths.
(d) A third.
12. What items does Wanderer take from a settlement at Linnville?
(a) Gold and silver.
(b) Clothes and jewelry.
(c) Guns and ammo.
(d) Horses and saddles.
13. Who is Iron Shirt?
(a) Wanderer's cousin.
(b) Wanderer's uncle.
(c) Wanderer's brother.
(d) Wanderer's father.
14. Why do the Comanche declare war on Texas?
(a) Out of jealousy for the cattle they did not receive.
(b) In revenge for the events at San Antonio.
(c) In revenge for the murder of White Robe's band.
(d) Out of jealousy for the reservations they were not allowed to go to.
15. Why does Wanderer begin his own band?
(a) To separate from his father after a disagreement.
(b) To give rebels a place to hide out.
(c) To give Naduah the life she desearves.
(d) To become more powerful.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Wanderer tell Naduah he has returned to the Wasp band in Chapter 35?
2. What do the white women do to Naduah when she arrives at the fort after her capture by white raiders?
3. Who is Small Hands?
4. What does Wanderer believe the Comanche need to fight the white man?
5. Where does Bear Cub go after the death of his friend in Chapter 44?
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)