|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Naduah's dowry in her marriage to Wanderer?
(a) One horse.
(b) Twenty horses.
(c) One hundred horses.
(d) Ten horses.
2. What weapon does Wanderer take from the raid in Chapter 50?
(a) A Remington shotgun.
(b) A Colt .35.
(c) A Tommy gun.
(d) A Colt five shooter.
3. Who does Wanderer face over the body of his father in Chapter 52?
(d) Buffalo Piss.
4. What type of gun do the white soldiers use against the Indians that makes the fight unfair in Chapter 39?
(a) Machine guns.
(b) Five shot Colts.
(c) Remington shotguns.
(d) Colt .35.
5. What name is given to Wanderer's band?
(c) Bumble Bee.
6. Who heals Wanderer's injury in Chapter 50?
(a) Medicine Woman.
7. Why does Elder James Parker beat Bear Cub on a regular basis?
(a) To punish him for not following the rules.
(b) To punish him for going off with the Indians.
(c) To teach him how to behave in civilized society.
(d) To beat the evil, meaning the Indian ways, out of him.
8. Circle of life is what style element in Chapters 31-33?
9. What does Naduah dislike about the reaction of the other girls upon Wanderer's return in Chapter 35?
(a) The way they prim and preen.
(b) The way they fall over his every word.
(c) The way they ignore him.
(d) The way they push Naduah out of the way.
10. Why does Wanderer tell Naduah he has returned to the Wasp band in Chapter 35?
(a) To find a wife.
(b) To avenge the death of a friend.
(c) To help with the season's hunt.
(d) To take over Pahayuca's job.
11. Who is Iron Shirt?
(a) Wanderer's uncle.
(b) Wanderer's father.
(c) Wanderer's brother.
(d) Wanderer's cousin.
12. What injury does Wanderer suffer during a raid in Chapter 50?
(a) A near scalping.
(b) A bullet wound.
(c) A knife wound.
(d) An arrow wound.
13. Why do the Comanche declare war on Texas?
(a) In revenge for the murder of White Robe's band.
(b) Out of jealousy for the cattle they did not receive.
(c) In revenge for the events at San Antonio.
(d) Out of jealousy for the reservations they were not allowed to go to.
14. What does Wanderer believe the Comanche need to fight the white man?
15. Who assisted the white raiders in finding the Naconi camp in Chapter 53?
(a) Buffalo Piss.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Wanderer teach Naduah to do in the desolate land of the Quahadi?
2. What happens on the way home from Linnville to the raiding party?
3. Where does Bear Cub decide to settle in the end of Chapter 47?
4. What is bartering?
5. Where do the Quohadi live?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)