|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What weapon does Wanderer take from the raid in Chapter 50?
(a) A Tommy gun.
(b) A Colt .35.
(c) A Colt five shooter.
(d) A Remington shotgun.
2. What items does Wanderer take from a settlement at Linnville?
(a) Horses and saddles.
(b) Gold and silver.
(c) Guns and ammo.
(d) Clothes and jewelry.
3. How old is Quanah when Wanderer first takes him on a raid against the white settlers?
4. Where did this character in Chapter 44 contract cholera?
(a) As an escort of a military troop moving to Texas.
(b) As an escort on a wagon train to Illinois.
(c) As an escort of a military troop moving East.
(d) As an escort of a wagon train to California.
5. Who is Elder James Parker?
(a) Bear Cub's white cousin.
(b) Bear Cub's white grandfather.
(c) Bear Cub's white brother.
(d) Bear Cub's white father.
6. Who dies of cholera in Chapter 44?
(c) Old Owl.
7. What do the soldiers quickly notice about Naduah in Chapter 54?
(a) She is old.
(b) She is a warrior.
(c) She is the chief's wife.
(d) She is white.
8. Why does Old Owl return Bear Cub to the white man in Chapter 34?
(a) To get rid of a nuisance.
(b) To use Bear Cub as a spy.
(c) To allow Bear Cub to return to his roots.
(d) To keep them from stalking his band.
9. What is the name of Naduah and Wanderer's second child?
(c) Wanderer Jr.
10. Circle of life is what style element in Chapters 31-33?
11. Who promises Naduah he will reunite her with Wanderer if she will go home with him?
(a) Ben Parker.
(b) Silas Parker.
(c) Elder James Parker.
(d) Issac Parker.
12. What is bartering?
(a) Offering services for goods.
(b) Negotiating a trade or price for goods or services.
(c) Paying a set amount for goods or services.
(d) Attempting to steal goods or services.
13. What does Wanderer teach Naduah to do in the desolate land of the Quahadi?
(a) To find food.
(b) To track.
(c) To shop.
(d) To hunt.
14. Why have the Quohadi broken from the southern Comanche bands?
(a) The southern bands raid other Comanche camps.
(b) The southern bands accused the Quohadi of collaberating with the white man.
(c) The southern bands have moved onto the reservations.
(d) The southern bands have stopped raiding.
15. What is cholera?
(a) A measles-like illness.
(b) An infection of the lungs.
(c) A flu-like illness.
(d) An infectious disease of the gastrointestinal track.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Naduah, Bear Cub, and Wanderer decide to deal with the spread of white man's disease?
2. What causes the journey back from Plum Creek to be so difficult on young warriors like Upstream?
3. Why do Comanche boys go on vision quests?
4. What name is given to Naduah and Wanderer's first child?
5. What happens on the way home from Linnville to the raiding party?
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)