|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Rachel Plummer turn on her Indian owner?
(a) He will not let her go.
(b) He beats and abuses her.
(c) He wants to be her husband.
(d) He ignores her.
2. What name is John Parker given by the Indians?
(c) Bear Cub.
(d) Wind in the Rain.
3. Who has adopted Bear Cub?
(a) Old Owl.
(b) Buffalo Piss.
(d) Old Fish.
4. What animal blunders into the Wasp camp in an attempt to escape a fire?
5. Who is Noah Smithwick?
(a) A white soldier who was injured in an Indian raid.
(b) A white man who is looking to collect the ransom for Cynthia Ann Parker.
(c) A white man who was raised by Comanche.
(d) A white man trying to get bands of Comanche to a treaty talk in San Antonio.
6. What is different for the children of the Wasp band than for the children of Parker's Fort?
(a) They work harder.
(b) They have more freedom.
(c) They are loved less.
(d) They are fed more.
7. How many Comanche bands agree to go to San Antonio for the 1839 peace treaty talks?
8. What is the brain of the buffalo used for?
(b) Horse food.
9. What happens to Rachel Plummer's baby?
(a) Cruel One kills it.
(b) Cruel One leaves it with white people.
(c) Cruel One abandons it on the prairie.
(d) Cruel One adopts it.
10. Why does Eagle feel his life is in jeopardy in the Wasp band?
(a) His role in getting Wanderer captured by the People Eaters.
(b) His insistence on not following the rules.
(c) His affair with Pahayuca.
(d) His affair with Something Good.
11. Why do New Mexico traders want to buy Rachel?
(a) To return her to her people out of the kindness of their hearts.
(b) To get a ransom for her.
(c) To use her as a slave.
(d) To have a wife for one of the men.
12. Why has Cynthia Ann Parker been given to this Comanche couple?
(a) To serve them as a slave.
(b) To be a second wife.
(c) To replace their dead child.
(d) To learn to be a proper squaw.
13. What is the crest placed on arrows for Wanderer?
(a) Two orange lines.
(b) Three yellow lines.
(c) Two black lines.
(d) Three red lines.
14. Who vows revenge in Chapter 18 against the Comanche and Wanderer in particular?
15. What is a breechclout?
(a) A type of blouse.
(b) A type of skirt.
(c) A cloth that covers the wearer's face.
(d) A cloth that hides the wearer's genitals.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Eagle antagonize the People Eaters the first night he is their captive?
2. What does Naduah recognize about the cause of the disaster at White Robe's camp in Chapter 24?
3. What happens to the bands of Comanche who go to San Antonio for the 1839 peace treaty talks?
4. What gift does Takes Down the Lodge give Naduah to welcome her to the family?
5. What do the Wasps find at the camp of White Robe's band?
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)