|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do the Parkers ask to help rescue their captured family members?
(a) Daniel Boone.
(b) Sul Ross.
(c) Sam Houston.
(d) Davy Crockett.
2. What gift does Takes Down the Lodge give Naduah to welcome her to the family?
(a) A deerskin dress with bells.
(b) A doll with a deerskin dress.
(c) Blanket and bow and arrow.
(d) A breechclothe.
3. What is the name of Cynthia Ann Parker's captor?
(c) Buffalo Piss.
4. Why does Rachel Plummer turn on her Indian owner?
(a) He will not let her go.
(b) He wants to be her husband.
(c) He ignores her.
(d) He beats and abuses her.
5. To whom is Something Good married?
(c) Buffalo Piss.
6. What advantage on the battlefield does Wanderer believe the white man has?
7. What is the brain of the buffalo used for?
(c) Horse food.
8. What name is the pony given in the war party ceremony christened with?
9. Who is John Parker?
(a) Cynthia's uncle.
(b) Cynthia's cousin.
(c) Cynthia's six-year-old brother and fellow captor.
(d) Cynthia's fifteen-year-old brother and potential rescurer.
10. How old is Rachel when she dies?
11. Who is Something Good?
(a) A young Mohawk woman.
(b) A young Comanche woman.
(c) A young English captive.
(d) A young Souix woman.
12. What is pemmican?
(a) A hatchet used by Comanche.
(b) A special type of arrow.
(c) A concentrated mixture of fat and protein.
(d) A concentrated mix of fruit and water.
13. Who is rumored to be the father of Something Good's baby?
14. How do Indians hunt buffalo?
(a) One on one.
(b) In groups.
(c) With mixed groups of men and women.
(d) In pairs.
15. What item does Deep Water take from White Robe's camp?
(a) His mother's wedding beads.
(b) His brother's bow and arrow.
(c) His sister's breechclout.
(d) His cousin's beaded pouch.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Cynthia Ann Parker given a new name?
2. Why is Cynthia sore and bruised when she arrives at the Indian camp in Chapter 5?
3. Why do New Mexico traders want to buy Rachel?
4. Why has Cynthia Ann Parker been given to this Comanche couple?
5. Why do the Indians raid the fort?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)