|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What consequence do the Wasp suffer from Deep Water's actions?
(a) The soldiers follow to retrieve the item.
(b) The smallpox infects five Wasps.
(c) A ghost plagues the Wasp camp.
(d) The survivors of White Robe's band raid their camp.
2. To whom is Cynthia Ann Parker given after she is captured by Indians in Chapter 1?
(d) Buffalo Piss.
3. What happens to the bands of Comanche who go to San Antonio for the 1839 peace treaty talks?
(a) They are shipped to lands in Illinois.
(b) They recieve land and cattle.
(c) They are placed on a reservation in Oklahoma.
(d) They are killed and captured.
4. Where does Rachel go after she is released by the Indians in Chapter 27?
(a) Sante Fe, New Mexico.
(b) Houston, Texas.
(c) Parker's Fort.
(d) Las Vegas, Nevada.
5. Why is a crest placed on an Indian's arrow?
(a) To show which tribe of Indian the warrior belongs to.
(b) To show who the arrow belongs to.
(c) To show the family the warrior belongs to.
(d) To show which band the Indian belongs to.
6. What point does Wanderer feel it is important to make Naduah understand?
(a) The raid on Parker's Fort was to replace dead children.
(b) The raid on Parker's Fort was a misunderstanding.
(c) The raid on Parker's Fort was the white man's fault.
(d) The raid on Parker's Fort was a mistake.
7. What gift does Takes Down the Lodge give Naduah to welcome her to the family?
(a) A doll with a deerskin dress.
(b) Blanket and bow and arrow.
(c) A deerskin dress with bells.
(d) A breechclothe.
8. Who is given a pony during a war party ceremony before a war party leaves to avenge Eagle's death?
(a) Six Fingers.
(c) Something Good.
(d) Takes Down the Lodge.
9. Why does Eagle antagonize the People Eaters the first night he is their captive?
(a) To keep them from seeing Spaniard escape.
(b) To save Wanderer from death.
(c) To aid in his escape.
(d) To annoy them.
10. What name is the pony given in the war party ceremony christened with?
11. What does Wanderer really do in Medicine Woman's lodge while the camp evacuates in the face of a natural disaster?
(a) Finds refuge.
(b) Saves her life.
(c) Takes medicine for a friend.
(d) Steals her belongings.
12. Why do New Mexico traders want to buy Rachel?
(a) To have a wife for one of the men.
(b) To return her to her people out of the kindness of their hearts.
(c) To use her as a slave.
(d) To get a ransom for her.
13. With whom has Something Good begun an affair?
(b) Buffalo Piss.
14. What is a breechclout?
(a) A type of blouse.
(b) A cloth that covers the wearer's face.
(c) A type of skirt.
(d) A cloth that hides the wearer's genitals.
15. What is the brain of the buffalo used for?
(d) Horse food.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Placido?
2. What is the name of Cynthia Ann Parker's captor?
3. Why is Cynthia Ann Parker given a new name?
4. What act usually makes an agreement unbreakable between two Comanche warriors?
5. What advantage on the battlefield does Wanderer believe the white man has?
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)