|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What suggestion does Naduah suggest to help the Wasp defend themselves from the consequences of Deep Water's actions?
(a) They should give the item back.
(b) They should quarantine the sick.
(c) They should perform a cleansing ceremony.
(d) They should send Deep Water away.
2. Who vows revenge in Chapter 18 against the Comanche and Wanderer in particular?
3. What does Wanderer really do in Medicine Woman's lodge while the camp evacuates in the face of a natural disaster?
(a) Takes medicine for a friend.
(b) Steals her belongings.
(c) Finds refuge.
(d) Saves her life.
4. Who is Placido?
(a) Leader of a band of Comanche who saves Wanderer.
(b) Leader of a group of foreign settlers who are also captured by the People Eaters.
(c) The leader of the People Eater band who captures Wanderer and Eagle.
(d) Leader of a singing troop who is wandering the Staked Plains.
5. Who does Naduah meet again during the winter?
(a) Her uncle, Ben Parker.
(b) Her aunt, Elizabeth Parker.
(c) Her cousin, Rachel Plummer.
(d) Her brother, John Parker.
6. Who built Parker's Fort?
(a) Texas Rangers.
(b) Comanche Indians.
(c) The United States Military.
(d) The Parker Family.
7. Where does Rachel go after she is released by the Indians in Chapter 27?
(a) Houston, Texas.
(b) Parker's Fort.
(c) Las Vegas, Nevada.
(d) Sante Fe, New Mexico.
8. What gifts does Sunrise give Naduah to welcome her to his family?
(a) Blanket and bow and arrow.
(b) A doll with a deerskin dress.
(c) A blanket and breechclothe.
(d) A deerskin dress with bells.
9. What is the Staked Plains?
(a) An area in southeastern New Mexico and western Texas.
(b) An area in east Texas and west Louisiana.
(c) An area in southern Montana.
(d) An area in north Oklahoma.
10. Why is a crest placed on an Indian's arrow?
(a) To show which tribe of Indian the warrior belongs to.
(b) To show which band the Indian belongs to.
(c) To show the family the warrior belongs to.
(d) To show who the arrow belongs to.
11. What training does Wanderer offer to share with Naduah in Chapter 19?
(a) Hunter training.
(b) Horse training.
(c) Training to be a healer.
(d) Cook's training.
12. What is the brain of the buffalo used for?
(b) Horse food.
13. Who is Something Good?
(a) A young English captive.
(b) A young Mohawk woman.
(c) A young Comanche woman.
(d) A young Souix woman.
14. Where do the Wasp plan to winter that first year Naduah is with them?
(a) With Old Owl's band.
(b) With the Souix.
(c) On a reservation.
(d) On a sacred mountain.
15. Why does this man refuse to help rescue the Parkers' captured family members?
(a) He believes the Indians are too powerful to fight.
(b) He believes a rescue attempt would kill the captured victims.
(c) He believe the Indians have a right to the captured.
(d) He believes the Indians have moved too far away.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name is the pony given in the war party ceremony christened with?
2. Why has Cynthia Ann Parker been given to this Comanche couple?
3. What do the Wasps find at the camp of White Robe's band?
4. What happens to the bands of Comanche who go to San Antonio for the 1839 peace treaty talks?
5. Who is given a pony during a war party ceremony before a war party leaves to avenge Eagle's death?
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)