|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Summer: Chapters 14 - 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does this man refuse to help rescue the Parkers' captured family members?
(a) He believes a rescue attempt would kill the captured victims.
(b) He believes the Indians have moved too far away.
(c) He believes the Indians are too powerful to fight.
(d) He believe the Indians have a right to the captured.
2. Who built Parker's Fort?
(a) The United States Military.
(b) Comanche Indians.
(c) The Parker Family.
(d) Texas Rangers.
3. What does Naduah often wonder about her white family in the early days with the Comanche?
(a) If they are looking for her.
(b) If they will rescue her someday.
(c) All the above.
(d) If they are still alive.
4. Which captive in Chapter 1 has a baby with her?
(a) Elizabeth Parker.
(b) Rachel Plummer.
(c) Cynthia Ann Parker.
(d) Carrie Plummer.
5. What self mutilation on a squaw's part shows her grief for a fallen warrior or deceased family member?
(a) She cuts her arms in a specific pattern.
(b) She cuts off her hair and the tip of her finger.
(c) She starves herself until she, too, dies.
(d) She tattoos the name on her body.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Eagle feel his life is in jeopardy in the Wasp band?
2. What advantage on the battlefield does Wanderer believe the white man has?
3. Why has Cynthia Ann Parker been given to this Comanche couple?
4. What is different for the children of the Wasp band than for the children of Parker's Fort?
5. What act usually makes an agreement unbreakable between two Comanche warriors?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)