Part I, Spring: Chapters 1 - 5
• Indians raid Parker's Fort.
• Nine-year-old Cynthia Ann Parker is kidnapped by Indians along with her cousin, aunt, and brother.
• Cynthia suffers long days of riding, a lack of food, and fear of the unknown.
• Cynthia is given to the Indian chief who, in turn, gives Cynthia to a young Indian couple.
Part II, Summer: Chapters 6 - 9
• Cynthia is given a new Indian name, Naduah, and is expected to be a replacement child for the woman she has come to live with.
• Naduah begins picking up the Comanche language and making friends among the Comanche children.
• Cynthia's parents ask Sam Houston to mount a rescue for the kidnapped victims of Parker's Fort, but he refuses out of fear of placing the victims in danger.
• Naduah witnesses a secret romance between Eagle and Something Good.
• Something Good is the chief's wife, therefore Eagle is made...
This section contains 1,537 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)