|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the fire made on the night Brooder dies?
(a) To cremate Brooder Walker.
(b) To stay warm.
(c) To burn the dog that Riddley killed.
(d) To cremate the dead baby.
2. How does Lorna describe the dog that Riddley killed?
(a) Brown in color and blind in one eye.
(b) Strong and healthy.
(c) Old and worn out.
(d) Small, but strong.
3. How did Riddley's mother die and how old was he when she died?
(a) She died from drowning when he was 8.
(b) She died in childbirth when he was born.
(c) She died of coughing sickness when he was 5.
(d) She died in a fire when he was 5.
4. What happened when the object fell that the men were trying to get out of the hole intact?
(a) Riddley's father died.
(b) One of the men broke his leg.
(c) A man broke his back.
(d) Riddley broke his arm.
5. Who follows Riddley and the other men to Widders Dump the day after his father's death?
(a) Lorna Elswint.
(b) Bernt Arse Pack.
(c) The children from How Fents.
(d) Rockman Bessup.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is the narrator of the story?
2. What happens to the three people in the narrator's story?
3. The night Riddley's father dies, who starts a fire?
4. In the Goodparley/Orfing Eusa show, what part of his body does Eusa say is missing?
5. When Lorna finishes her story, who does Riddley say he always thought was responsible for the 1 Big 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lorna tell Riddley after they freshen the Luck?
2. At the beginning of the novel, why do you think Riddley Walker says, "Your turn now my turn later"?
3. What is the story "Why the Dog Wont Show Its Eyes" about?
4. What happens in the written Eusa story after Eusa runs the numbers through the Power Ring?
5. Why does Riddley get a scar?
6. Describe the person that Chalker Marchman was talking to when Riddley and the crew get to the digging on their second work day.
7. In the written Eusa story, Eusa sees the Littl Shynin Man after the 1 Big 1 is released. What does the Littl Man tell Eusa?
8. During the wotcher, Goodparley tells Riddley that he is looking for something. What is Goodparley looking for and why?
9. What is the song that is sung at Brooder's cremation and what does it mean?
10. Why does Orfing call Eusa back after Eusa says the show is done?
This section contains 1,059 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)