|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What drew Lissener to the boat that he and Riddley found?
(a) The sound of singing.
(b) The sound of the hevvys working.
(c) Little bag of little crummly stoans.
(d) The noise of the sea.
2. What is another name for the person Riddley rescues?
(b) Deformed one.
(d) Eyeless one.
3. On the day he runs away, what does Riddley see as he leaves the dead town?
(b) Folleree and Folleroo.
(c) A sweeping green light and the sound of blips.
4. What type of reception do Orfing and Riddley get when they arrive to do their first show?
(a) The people from the form come out to fight.
(b) They go in and do a show.
(c) The people from the form shoot arrows at them.
(d) No one wants to let them inside the form.
5. In the Orfing/Walker show, what does the main character do to Erny?
(a) Kicks him.
(b) Bites him.
(c) Whacks him.
(d) Spits at him.
6. As Riddley and Lissener come to the sea, what do they find?
(a) They find Belnot Phist.
(b) They find Goodparley.
(c) They don't find anything.
(d) A boat with a dead man.
7. What was the weather like when Riddley woke the morning after his connexion?
(a) The sun was shining.
(b) Sky was heavy and grey, and it was still with no wind.
(c) It was cold and slightly cloudy.
(d) It was still raining.
8. After Goodparley and Granser die, where does Riddley go?
(b) To the sea.
(d) Fork Stone.
9. What does Durster say to anger Riddley at the diggings?
(a) That Riddley was an idiot the night before.
(b) That Riddley needs to work harder.
(c) That Riddley should not be connexion man.
(d) That Riddley's father has become a dog.
10. In Goodparley's story, what happened to Ingland after Eusa's head was put on a hole?
(a) There was an explosion.
(b) Part of Inland was flooded.
(c) There was endless night.
(d) There was an earthquake.
11. Why does Riddley jump the fence and run away from the work site?
(a) He got in an argument with Coxin.
(b) He threw Belnot Phist in the mud.
(c) He did not want to work any more.
(d) He got in an argument with Fister.
12. As Riddley gets to Cambry and feels the power there, what do the dogs do?
(a) Lie down and refuse to move.
(b) Run round in circles and start standing on their hind legs.
(c) Push him to keep moving.
(d) Start howling.
13. Why doesn't Lissener want to program anything after he and Riddley leave Fork Stone?
(a) He can't think of anything to do.
(b) They didn't program anything in Fork Stone.
(c) He doesn't like the plans Riddley is suggesting.
(d) He doesn't like to plan ahead.
14. As Riddley and Lissener creep amongst the rubble, what does Riddley learn about himself?
(a) He misses the place where he used to live.
(b) He should be a connexion man.
(c) He is a type of listener.
(d) He is afraid of the machines in the rubble.
15. After Durster's mishap the previous day, what do Riddley and the work crew feel as they set off toward Widders Dump?
(a) Everyone is on the alert and waiting for something.
(b) He is wishing he did not have to work.
(c) He is tired and having trouble keeping up with the group.
(d) Glad to be working again.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Durster's mishap, what does Lorna Elswint ask Riddley about the dog he saw?
2. On Riddley's fourth work day at the diggings, what does he find?
3. When the work crew returns to How Fents after Potter's mishap, what does Littl Nimbel Potter do when he sees Riddley?
4. Who comes to lead Riddley when he runs away from the work site?
5. What does a kid sing about Riddley as he and Orfing leave Weaping Form?
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)