|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The day after his connexion, Riddley walks ahead of the work crew. Who does he meet in the path?
(c) The black dog leader.
(d) Durster Potter.
2. What was the weather like when Riddley woke the morning after his connexion?
(a) It was cold and slightly cloudy.
(b) Sky was heavy and grey, and it was still with no wind.
(c) It was still raining.
(d) The sun was shining.
3. Who was waiting for Riddley the morning after his first connexion?
(a) Straiter Empy.
(b) Nimbel Potter and the other children.
(c) Fister Crunchman.
(d) Lorna Elswint.
4. How does Riddley get over the wall at Widders Dump when he returns after leaving Lissener?
(a) Slips through a hole in the fence.
(b) Climbs a rope.
(c) Walks up to the gate.
(d) Hits a guard and slips through the gate.
5. As Riddley travels, he thinks of a story to write down later. What is the name of the story?
(a) Fools Circel 9ways.
(b) The Bloke as Got on Top of Aunty.
(c) The Eusa Story.
(d) The story of his first connexion.
6. Why doesn't Lissener want to program anything after he and Riddley leave Fork Stone?
(a) He doesn't like the plans Riddley is suggesting.
(b) They didn't program anything in Fork Stone.
(c) He can't think of anything to do.
(d) He doesn't like to plan ahead.
7. As Riddley gets to Cambry and feels the power there, what do the dogs do?
(a) Lie down and refuse to move.
(b) Run round in circles and start standing on their hind legs.
(c) Push him to keep moving.
(d) Start howling.
8. After Riddley returns to Widders Dump, what does Goodparley want from Riddley?
(a) The bag of stones from the dead man.
(b) Riddley's gear.
(c) A connexion.
(d) Riddley's knife.
9. After Durster's mishap the previous day, what do Riddley and the work crew feel as they set off toward Widders Dump?
(a) Everyone is on the alert and waiting for something.
(b) He is tired and having trouble keeping up with the group.
(c) Glad to be working again.
(d) He is wishing he did not have to work.
10. Why do Lissener and Riddley split up instead of going on together to Cambry?
(a) To split the stones and double their chances of success.
(b) Only Eusa folk could go to Cambry.
(c) Someone was after them and they got separated.
(d) They had a disagreement.
11. After Goodparley and Granser die, where does Riddley go?
(b) Fork Stone.
(d) To the sea.
12. Who does Riddley meet near Good Mercy Form?
(b) Lorna Elswint.
(d) Granser/Drop John the Foller Man.
13. What kind of a show do Orfing and Riddley do at Weaping Form?
(a) A Eusa show.
(b) A show about making the 1 Littl 1.
(c) A show about Goodparley and Granser.
(d) A Punch show.
14. Where does Riddley hide the yellerboy stone?
(a) In an abandoned shelter.
(b) In Goodparley's pocket.
(c) In the fit up.
(d) In Lissener's pocket.
15. What do Riddley and Lissener find as they walk closer to the center?
(b) Six hevvys.
(c) Big, broken machines.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Riddley packs the fit up, what does he find in two bags?
2. What do Riddley and Lissener talk about as they walk on their first evening together?
3. How does Riddley get something to eat as he travels?
4. What type of reception do Orfing and Riddley get when they arrive to do their first show?
5. What does Durster say to anger Riddley at the diggings?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)