|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Riddley sit for breakfast the morning after his connexion?
(a) At the top table.
(b) His usual place.
(c) With the other young men his age.
(d) He didn't sit, he grabbed something to eat and went outside.
2. After Durster's mishap the previous day, what do Riddley and the work crew feel as they set off toward Widders Dump?
(a) He is tired and having trouble keeping up with the group.
(b) Glad to be working again.
(c) He is wishing he did not have to work.
(d) Everyone is on the alert and waiting for something.
3. As Riddley and Lissener creep amongst the rubble, what does Riddley learn about himself?
(a) He is a type of listener.
(b) He is afraid of the machines in the rubble.
(c) He misses the place where he used to live.
(d) He should be a connexion man.
4. What is the first story Goodparley tells Riddley after Riddley is caught climbing into Widder's Dump?
(a) The end of Eusa.
(b) The Punch story.
(c) The story of Drop John the Foller Man.
(d) About Goodparley's childhood.
5. What does Orfing say happened when the hevvys took the yellowboy stones and made a mixture?
(a) The hevvys were not able to make the 1 Littl 1.
(b) The hevvys created an explosion that killed some of the Eusa folk.
(c) The hevvys and the Eusa folk were killed.
(d) The hevvys were killed.
6. When the work crew returns to How Fents after Potter's mishap, what does Littl Nimbel Potter do when he sees Riddley?
(a) Makes the Bad Luck go a way sign.
(b) Begins singing with the other kids.
(c) He calls Riddley names.
(d) He runs away.
7. What does Goodparley tell Riddley about the puppet Riddley found in the digging?
(a) Its an old Eusa figure.
(b) It used to belong to Belnot Phist.
(c) Its name is Punch.
(d) It belonged to Orfing.
8. Who do Riddley and Goodparley go to see after they leave Fork Stone?
(a) Eusa folk.
(c) The dead man in the boat.
(d) Lorna Elswint.
9. After he runs away, what does Riddley learn about the 1 Big 1 and the Master Chaynjis?
(a) That Mr. Clevver made the 1 Big 1.
(b) That the Eusa folk know how to make the 1 Big 1.
(c) That the 1 Big 1 will happen again.
(d) That Goodparley and Orfing know how to make the 1 Big 1.
10. On the day he runs away, what does Riddley see as he leaves the dead town?
(c) Folleree and Folleroo.
(d) A sweeping green light and the sound of blips.
11. What happens when Riddley tries to get Lissener to quit talking the first night they are together?
(a) The hevvys hear Riddley and Lissener.
(b) Lissener sits down and refuses to move.
(c) Lissener stomps off without Riddley.
(d) Lissener has an epileptic fit.
12. After Goodparley and Granser die, what does Orfing want Riddley to do?
(a) Find Greanvine.
(b) Go on the road to do shows together.
(c) Orfing wants Riddley to fight him.
(d) Orfing wants Riddley to leave.
13. Who leaves with Orfing and Riddley after the show at Weaping Form?
(a) Rightway Flinter leaves with them.
(b) Easyer leaves with them.
(c) The hevvys leave with them.
(d) Rightway Flinter, Deaper, and their families.
14. What is another name for the person Riddley rescues?
(a) Eyeless one.
(c) Deformed one.
15. As Riddley gets to Cambry and feels the power there, what do the dogs do?
(a) Lie down and refuse to move.
(b) Start howling.
(c) Run round in circles and start standing on their hind legs.
(d) Push him to keep moving.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Orfing/Walker show end?
2. How does Lissener find his way to where he and Riddley are going?
3. What kind of a show do Orfing and Riddley do at Weaping Form?
4. Who was waiting for Riddley the morning after his first connexion?
5. After Durster's mishap, what does Lorna Elswint ask Riddley about the dog he saw?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)