|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Orfing say happened when the hevvys took the yellowboy stones and made a mixture?
(a) The hevvys created an explosion that killed some of the Eusa folk.
(b) The hevvys and the Eusa folk were killed.
(c) The hevvys were killed.
(d) The hevvys were not able to make the 1 Littl 1.
2. The day after his connexion, Riddley walks ahead of the work crew. Who does he meet in the path?
(c) Durster Potter.
(d) The black dog leader.
3. After Riddley finds the buried head, where does he plan to travel next?
(b) Widdows Dump.
(c) Hows Fent.
(d) Fork Stone.
4. How many Eusa folk are there according to Lissener?
(a) Over a thousand.
5. How does the Orfing/Walker show end?
(a) A baby gets eaten.
(b) Rightway Flinter and Easyers got into a fight.
(c) With a song.
(d) Orfing and Riddley get into a fight.
6. What was the weather like when Riddley woke the morning after his connexion?
(a) It was still raining.
(b) Sky was heavy and grey, and it was still with no wind.
(c) The sun was shining.
(d) It was cold and slightly cloudy.
7. Riddley heads toward Cambry and then decides to turn around. What prevents him from going back to Widders Dump?
(a) He afraid Goodparley will sent hevvys after him.
(b) The dogs won't let him.
(c) He is afraid of the chard coal burner and doesn't want to pass him again.
(d) He decides he has to help Lissener.
8. What is the first story Goodparley tells Riddley after Riddley is caught climbing into Widder's Dump?
(a) The Punch story.
(b) The end of Eusa.
(c) About Goodparley's childhood.
(d) The story of Drop John the Foller Man.
9. Why does Riddley jump the fence and run away from the work site?
(a) He threw Belnot Phist in the mud.
(b) He got in an argument with Coxin.
(c) He did not want to work any more.
(d) He got in an argument with Fister.
10. Who leaves with Orfing and Riddley after the show at Weaping Form?
(a) Easyer leaves with them.
(b) The hevvys leave with them.
(c) Rightway Flinter leaves with them.
(d) Rightway Flinter, Deaper, and their families.
11. After he is cut down, what does Goodparley beg to be allowed to do with Riddley?
(a) Go to Cambry.
(b) Eusa shows.
(c) Punch shows.
(d) Go back to the sea.
12. Who do Riddley and Goodparley go to see after they leave Fork Stone?
(a) Lorna Elswint.
(b) The dead man in the boat.
(c) Eusa folk.
13. Who does Riddley find trapped after he runs away?
(b) Lorna Elswint.
(c) The Ardship of Cambry.
14. The night of Potter's mishap, where does Riddley sleep?
(a) He slept in the divvy.
(b) On top of the gate house with Lorna.
(c) He slept alone in his shelter.
(d) He slept in his shelter with Lorna.
15. Who was waiting for Riddley the morning after his first connexion?
(a) Nimbel Potter and the other children.
(b) Straiter Empy.
(c) Lorna Elswint.
(d) Fister Crunchman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time of day was it when Riddley left the dead town after running away from the work group?
2. What happens to Durster Potter on the men's third time at the diggings?
3. What does Rightway Flinter tell Orfing and Riddley when they come to do their show?
4. What is another name for the person Riddley rescues?
5. As Riddley gets to Cambry and feels the power there, what do the dogs do?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)