|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Riddley call the stone face he sees in Cambry?
(a) Hart of the Wud.
(d) Hoap of a tree.
2. What happens to Durster Potter on the men's third time at the diggings?
(a) He tries to start another fight with Riddley.
(b) He trips on a hole in the path and breaks his leg.
(c) He is killed by the dogs.
(d) He twists his ankle.
3. What is the weather like the morning after Durster's mishap?
(a) It is snowing.
(b) It is cold.
(c) A beautiful sunny day.
(d) It is pouring.
4. Riddley leaves Widders Dump after talking with Goodparley. What saying goes through his mind as he walks?
(a) Something from the Punch show.
(b) Eusa 7.
(c) Eusa 39.
(d) Something about the yeller stone.
5. As Riddley gets to Cambry and feels the power there, what do the dogs do?
(a) Start howling.
(b) Lie down and refuse to move.
(c) Push him to keep moving.
(d) Run round in circles and start standing on their hind legs.
6. What do Riddley and Lissener talk about as they walk on their first evening together?
(a) Why Riddley ran away from his work group.
(b) How Riddley's father died.
(c) How Lissener got in the hole.
7. Who leaves with Orfing and Riddley after the show at Weaping Form?
(a) Easyer leaves with them.
(b) Rightway Flinter leaves with them.
(c) The hevvys leave with them.
(d) Rightway Flinter, Deaper, and their families.
8. What does Goodparley tell Riddley about the puppet Riddley found in the digging?
(a) It used to belong to Belnot Phist.
(b) Its an old Eusa figure.
(c) It belonged to Orfing.
(d) Its name is Punch.
9. As Riddley travels, he thinks of a story to write down later. What is the name of the story?
(a) The Eusa Story.
(b) The Bloke as Got on Top of Aunty.
(c) Fools Circel 9ways.
(d) The story of his first connexion.
10. What do Riddley and Lissener find as they walk closer to the center?
(b) Big, broken machines.
(c) Six hevvys.
11. After Goodparley and Granser die, what does Orfing want Riddley to do?
(a) Go on the road to do shows together.
(b) Orfing wants Riddley to fight him.
(c) Find Greanvine.
(d) Orfing wants Riddley to leave.
12. After Riddley returns to Widders Dump, what does Goodparley want from Riddley?
(a) Riddley's knife.
(b) The bag of stones from the dead man.
(c) Riddley's gear.
(d) A connexion.
13. What is the first story Goodparley tells Riddley after Riddley is caught climbing into Widder's Dump?
(a) The Punch story.
(b) About Goodparley's childhood.
(c) The end of Eusa.
(d) The story of Drop John the Foller Man.
14. As Riddley walks alone toward Widders Dump, who does he hear talking?
(a) Fister Crunchman and Straiter Empy.
(b) Belnot Fist.
(c) Goodparley and Orfing.
(d) Some of the hevvys.
15. What drew Lissener to the boat that he and Riddley found?
(a) Little bag of little crummly stoans.
(b) The noise of the sea.
(c) The sound of singing.
(d) The sound of the hevvys working.
Short Answer Questions
1. What story does Riddley write when he is in Cambry?
2. What does a kid sing about Riddley as he and Orfing leave Weaping Form?
3. What does Riddley think about when he wakes the morning after his connexion?
4. As Riddley and Lissener creep amongst the rubble, what does Riddley learn about himself?
5. What was the weather like when Riddley woke the morning after his connexion?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)