|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Durster Potter on the men's third time at the diggings?
(a) He trips on a hole in the path and breaks his leg.
(b) He tries to start another fight with Riddley.
(c) He is killed by the dogs.
(d) He twists his ankle.
2. Where is Riddley led after he runs away?
(a) How Fent.
(c) To Bernt Arse.
(d) Widders Dump.
3. What does Rightway Flinter tell Orfing and Riddley when they come to do their show?
(a) That they are not wanted in Weaping Form.
(b) He doesn't say anything, he shoots his bow.
(c) He tells them to go away.
(d) That they have to pay.
4. After Riddley finds the buried head, where does he plan to travel next?
(a) Widdows Dump.
(b) Fork Stone.
(d) Hows Fent.
5. Riddley leaves Widders Dump after talking with Goodparley. What saying goes through his mind as he walks?
(a) Eusa 7.
(b) Something from the Punch show.
(c) Eusa 39.
(d) Something about the yeller stone.
6. Why doesn't Lissener want to program anything after he and Riddley leave Fork Stone?
(a) He doesn't like to plan ahead.
(b) They didn't program anything in Fork Stone.
(c) He can't think of anything to do.
(d) He doesn't like the plans Riddley is suggesting.
7. After Durster's mishap, what does Lorna Elswint ask Riddley about the dog he saw?
(a) She wonders if Riddley got the 1st knowing.
(b) She wants to know how work he and the other got done.
(c) She wants to know if he has a new connexion.
(d) She wants to know what happened to Durster.
8. What do Riddley and Lissener find as they walk closer to the center?
(c) Big, broken machines.
(d) Six hevvys.
9. Riddley heads toward Cambry and then decides to turn around. What prevents him from going back to Widders Dump?
(a) He afraid Goodparley will sent hevvys after him.
(b) The dogs won't let him.
(c) He decides he has to help Lissener.
(d) He is afraid of the chard coal burner and doesn't want to pass him again.
10. What does Goodparley tell Riddley about the puppet Riddley found in the digging?
(a) Its an old Eusa figure.
(b) It belonged to Orfing.
(c) Its name is Punch.
(d) It used to belong to Belnot Phist.
11. What time of day was it when Riddley left the dead town after running away from the work group?
(a) The next afternoon.
(b) When it was so dark you could not even see the hand on the end of your arm.
(c) At sunset.
(d) In the morning.
12. Who grabbed Riddley as he climbs over the fence at Widders Dump?
(a) A hevvy.
(b) Fister Crunchman.
13. The day after his connexion, Riddley walks ahead of the work crew. Who does he meet in the path?
(b) The black dog leader.
(d) Durster Potter.
14. Where does Riddley hide the yellerboy stone?
(a) In the fit up.
(b) In an abandoned shelter.
(c) In Goodparley's pocket.
(d) In Lissener's pocket.
15. What did the work crew find in the hole the morning after Durster's mishap?
(a) More iron.
(b) Body parts.
(c) A different type of metal.
(d) A dead dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do Riddley and Goodparley go to see after they leave Fork Stone?
2. What seems strange to Riddley as they reach Fork Stone for the first time?
3. When Riddley gets back to Fork Stone, what is the first thing he sees?
4. What does a kid sing about Riddley as he and Orfing leave Weaping Form?
5. What kind of a show do Orfing and Riddley do at Weaping Form?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)