|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Riddley returns to Widders Dump, what does Goodparley want from Riddley?
(a) The bag of stones from the dead man.
(b) A connexion.
(c) Riddley's knife.
(d) Riddley's gear.
2. How does Riddley get over the wall at Widders Dump when he returns after leaving Lissener?
(a) Hits a guard and slips through the gate.
(b) Slips through a hole in the fence.
(c) Climbs a rope.
(d) Walks up to the gate.
3. What story does Riddley write when he is in Cambry?
(a) The two and the one.
(b) Eusa 7.
(d) Hoap of a tree.
4. On Riddley's fourth work day at the diggings, what does he find?
(a) A puppet with a hand in it.
(b) An old coat.
(c) Strange metal.
(d) Rotten food.
5. Who comes to lead Riddley when he runs away from the work site?
(a) The black dog.
(b) Lorna Elswint.
(d) Belnot Phist.
6. Who does Riddley find trapped after he runs away?
(b) Lorna Elswint.
(d) The Ardship of Cambry.
7. After Goodparley and Granser die, what does Orfing want Riddley to do?
(a) Go on the road to do shows together.
(b) Find Greanvine.
(c) Orfing wants Riddley to fight him.
(d) Orfing wants Riddley to leave.
8. Why do Coxin and Fister have words when they head to the diggings?
(a) Fister asked Coxin to do something and he refused.
(b) Coxin thought they should lose someone before they started off.
(c) Coxin wanted to be 1st man.
(d) Coxin took some tools.
9. What does Rightway Flinter tell Orfing and Riddley when they come to do their show?
(a) He doesn't say anything, he shoots his bow.
(b) He tells them to go away.
(c) That they have to pay.
(d) That they are not wanted in Weaping Form.
10. What does a kid sing about Riddley as he and Orfing leave Weaping Form?
(a) That Drop John is riding on his back.
(b) That Riddley is clevver.
(c) That Riddley is going to Cambry.
(d) That Riddley made the 1 Littl 1.
11. Who leaves with Orfing and Riddley after the show at Weaping Form?
(a) Rightway Flinter, Deaper, and their families.
(b) Rightway Flinter leaves with them.
(c) The hevvys leave with them.
(d) Easyer leaves with them.
12. What does Riddley think about when he wakes the morning after his connexion?
(a) He doesn't remember what happened the night before.
(b) He is pleased with his first connexion.
(c) He makes another connexion.
(d) That what happened during the connexion was a dream.
13. The day after his connexion, Riddley walks ahead of the work crew. Who does he meet in the path?
(a) Durster Potter.
(d) The black dog leader.
14. What does Riddley call the stone face he sees in Cambry?
(a) Hart of the Wud.
(c) Hoap of a tree.
15. Where do Orfing and Riddley go to do their first show?
(a) Fork Stoan.
(b) Hows Fents.
(c) Good Mercy Form.
Short Answer Questions
1. What seems strange to Riddley as they reach Fork Stone for the first time?
2. What is the first story Goodparley tells Riddley after Riddley is caught climbing into Widder's Dump?
3. After Durster's mishap, what does Lorna Elswint ask Riddley about the dog he saw?
4. Riddley heads toward Cambry and then decides to turn around. What prevents him from going back to Widders Dump?
5. What happens to Durster Potter on the men's third time at the diggings?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)