|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Riddley heads toward Cambry and then decides to turn around. What prevents him from going back to Widders Dump?
(a) The dogs won't let him.
(b) He afraid Goodparley will sent hevvys after him.
(c) He decides he has to help Lissener.
(d) He is afraid of the chard coal burner and doesn't want to pass him again.
2. In Goodparley's story, what happened to Ingland after Eusa's head was put on a hole?
(a) There was endless night.
(b) Part of Inland was flooded.
(c) There was an explosion.
(d) There was an earthquake.
3. After Durster's mishap the previous day, what do Riddley and the work crew feel as they set off toward Widders Dump?
(a) Glad to be working again.
(b) He is tired and having trouble keeping up with the group.
(c) Everyone is on the alert and waiting for something.
(d) He is wishing he did not have to work.
4. After he is cut down, what does Goodparley beg to be allowed to do with Riddley?
(a) Punch shows.
(b) Go to Cambry.
(c) Go back to the sea.
(d) Eusa shows.
5. When Riddley gets back to Fork Stone, what is the first thing he sees?
(a) Goodparley hung by his hands.
(b) The Eusa folk wielding an ax.
(c) Orfing doing a Eusa show.
6. Who does Riddley meet near Good Mercy Form?
(a) Lorna Elswint.
(c) Granser/Drop John the Foller Man.
7. What do Riddley and Lissener find as they walk closer to the center?
(c) Big, broken machines.
(d) Six hevvys.
8. What drew Lissener to the boat that he and Riddley found?
(a) The noise of the sea.
(b) Little bag of little crummly stoans.
(c) The sound of the hevvys working.
(d) The sound of singing.
9. When Riddley packs the fit up, what does he find in two bags?
(a) More yellerboy stones.
(b) Two set of figures, one for the Eusa show and one for the Punch show.
(d) The script for the Eusa show.
10. In the Orfing/Walker show, what does the main character do to Erny?
(a) Bites him.
(b) Spits at him.
(c) Kicks him.
(d) Whacks him.
11. Riddley heads to the diggings for a third time. Who comes out of the woodlings as Riddley and the men head off to Widders Dump?
(a) Belnot Phist.
(b) Goodparley and Orfing.
(c) Bernt Arse Pack.
(d) Nimbel Potter and the other kids.
12. What do Riddley and Lissener talk about as they walk on their first evening together?
(a) Why Riddley ran away from his work group.
(b) How Lissener got in the hole.
(d) How Riddley's father died.
13. What does a kid sing about Riddley as he and Orfing leave Weaping Form?
(a) That Riddley made the 1 Littl 1.
(b) That Riddley is clevver.
(c) That Drop John is riding on his back.
(d) That Riddley is going to Cambry.
14. As Riddley walks alone toward Widders Dump, who does he hear talking?
(a) Fister Crunchman and Straiter Empy.
(b) Goodparley and Orfing.
(c) Belnot Fist.
(d) Some of the hevvys.
15. What kind of a show do Orfing and Riddley do at Weaping Form?
(a) A show about making the 1 Littl 1.
(b) A Punch show.
(c) A show about Goodparley and Granser.
(d) A Eusa show.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do Riddley and Goodparley go to see after they leave Fork Stone?
2. What does Durster say to anger Riddley at the diggings?
3. What does Orfing say happened when the hevvys took the yellowboy stones and made a mixture?
4. What does Goodparley tell Riddley about the puppet Riddley found in the digging?
5. Where do Orfing and Riddley go to do their first show?
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)