|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The day after his connexion, Riddley walks ahead of the work crew. Who does he meet in the path?
(b) The black dog leader.
(c) Durster Potter.
2. What is the first story Goodparley tells Riddley after Riddley is caught climbing into Widder's Dump?
(a) About Goodparley's childhood.
(b) The end of Eusa.
(c) The story of Drop John the Foller Man.
(d) The Punch story.
3. Where did Riddley sit for breakfast the morning after his connexion?
(a) He didn't sit, he grabbed something to eat and went outside.
(b) At the top table.
(c) With the other young men his age.
(d) His usual place.
4. The night of Potter's mishap, where does Riddley sleep?
(a) He slept in the divvy.
(b) On top of the gate house with Lorna.
(c) He slept in his shelter with Lorna.
(d) He slept alone in his shelter.
5. Why do Lissener and Riddley split up instead of going on together to Cambry?
(a) To split the stones and double their chances of success.
(b) Someone was after them and they got separated.
(c) Only Eusa folk could go to Cambry.
(d) They had a disagreement.
6. On Riddley's fourth work day at the diggings, what does he find?
(a) An old coat.
(b) A puppet with a hand in it.
(c) Strange metal.
(d) Rotten food.
7. When Riddley gets back to Fork Stone, what is the first thing he sees?
(a) Goodparley hung by his hands.
(b) The Eusa folk wielding an ax.
(d) Orfing doing a Eusa show.
8. How does Riddley get over the wall at Widders Dump when he returns after leaving Lissener?
(a) Walks up to the gate.
(b) Hits a guard and slips through the gate.
(c) Slips through a hole in the fence.
(d) Climbs a rope.
9. How does Riddley get something to eat as he travels?
(a) He finds food someone has left.
(b) The dogs bring him food.
(c) He doesn't get anything to eat, and he goes hungry.
(d) He had some food with him.
10. When the work crew returns to How Fents after Potter's mishap, what does Littl Nimbel Potter do when he sees Riddley?
(a) He runs away.
(b) Makes the Bad Luck go a way sign.
(c) He calls Riddley names.
(d) Begins singing with the other kids.
11. In the Orfing/Walker show, what does the main character do to Erny?
(a) Bites him.
(b) Kicks him.
(c) Whacks him.
(d) Spits at him.
12. What does Goodparley tell Riddley about the puppet Riddley found in the digging?
(a) It used to belong to Belnot Phist.
(b) Its name is Punch.
(c) It belonged to Orfing.
(d) Its an old Eusa figure.
13. Where does Riddley hide the yellerboy stone?
(a) In Goodparley's pocket.
(b) In the fit up.
(c) In Lissener's pocket.
(d) In an abandoned shelter.
14. Who wants Riddley to hand over the item that he finds in the hole?
(d) Belnot Phist.
15. What does Durster say to anger Riddley at the diggings?
(a) That Riddley was an idiot the night before.
(b) That Riddley's father has become a dog.
(c) That Riddley needs to work harder.
(d) That Riddley should not be connexion man.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Goodparley's story, what happened to Ingland after Eusa's head was put on a hole?
2. As Riddley gets to Cambry and feels the power there, what do the dogs do?
3. What was the weather like when Riddley woke the morning after his connexion?
4. What does a kid sing about Riddley as he and Orfing leave Weaping Form?
5. After Riddley returns to Widders Dump, what does Goodparley want from Riddley?
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)