|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Riddley think about when he wakes the morning after his connexion?
(a) He makes another connexion.
(b) He is pleased with his first connexion.
(c) He doesn't remember what happened the night before.
(d) That what happened during the connexion was a dream.
2. As Riddley walks alone toward Widders Dump, who does he hear talking?
(a) Some of the hevvys.
(b) Goodparley and Orfing.
(c) Fister Crunchman and Straiter Empy.
(d) Belnot Fist.
3. What happens when Riddley tries to get Lissener to quit talking the first night they are together?
(a) Lissener stomps off without Riddley.
(b) Lissener sits down and refuses to move.
(c) Lissener has an epileptic fit.
(d) The hevvys hear Riddley and Lissener.
4. After he is cut down, what does Goodparley beg to be allowed to do with Riddley?
(a) Go back to the sea.
(b) Punch shows.
(c) Go to Cambry.
(d) Eusa shows.
5. Why do Coxin and Fister have words when they head to the diggings?
(a) Coxin wanted to be 1st man.
(b) Coxin thought they should lose someone before they started off.
(c) Coxin took some tools.
(d) Fister asked Coxin to do something and he refused.
6. After he runs away, what does Riddley learn about the 1 Big 1 and the Master Chaynjis?
(a) That Goodparley and Orfing know how to make the 1 Big 1.
(b) That the 1 Big 1 will happen again.
(c) That the Eusa folk know how to make the 1 Big 1.
(d) That Mr. Clevver made the 1 Big 1.
7. On Riddley's fourth work day at the diggings, what does he find?
(a) An old coat.
(b) A puppet with a hand in it.
(c) Rotten food.
(d) Strange metal.
8. When Riddley packs the fit up, what does he find in two bags?
(a) Two set of figures, one for the Eusa show and one for the Punch show.
(b) More yellerboy stones.
(d) The script for the Eusa show.
9. How does the Orfing/Walker show end?
(a) Rightway Flinter and Easyers got into a fight.
(b) A baby gets eaten.
(c) Orfing and Riddley get into a fight.
(d) With a song.
10. Why does Riddley jump the fence and run away from the work site?
(a) He got in an argument with Coxin.
(b) He did not want to work any more.
(c) He got in an argument with Fister.
(d) He threw Belnot Phist in the mud.
11. Riddley leaves Widders Dump after talking with Goodparley. What saying goes through his mind as he walks?
(a) Eusa 39.
(b) Something about the yeller stone.
(c) Something from the Punch show.
(d) Eusa 7.
12. What story does Riddley write when he is in Cambry?
(a) Eusa 7.
(c) Hoap of a tree.
(d) The two and the one.
13. What happens to Durster Potter on the men's third time at the diggings?
(a) He is killed by the dogs.
(b) He twists his ankle.
(c) He tries to start another fight with Riddley.
(d) He trips on a hole in the path and breaks his leg.
14. On the day he runs away, what does Riddley see as he leaves the dead town?
(a) Folleree and Folleroo.
(c) A sweeping green light and the sound of blips.
15. As Riddley and Lissener creep amongst the rubble, what does Riddley learn about himself?
(a) He is afraid of the machines in the rubble.
(b) He misses the place where he used to live.
(c) He should be a connexion man.
(d) He is a type of listener.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Goodparley and Granser die, what does Orfing want Riddley to do?
2. In Goodparley's story, what happened to Ingland after Eusa's head was put on a hole?
3. Who was waiting for Riddley the morning after his first connexion?
4. Who wants Riddley to hand over the item that he finds in the hole?
5. What did the work crew find in the hole the morning after Durster's mishap?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)