|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Riddley travels, he thinks of a story to write down later. What is the name of the story?
(a) The story of his first connexion.
(b) The Bloke as Got on Top of Aunty.
(c) The Eusa Story.
(d) Fools Circel 9ways.
2. What does Goodparley tell Riddley about the puppet Riddley found in the digging?
(a) It used to belong to Belnot Phist.
(b) Its an old Eusa figure.
(c) Its name is Punch.
(d) It belonged to Orfing.
3. What drew Lissener to the boat that he and Riddley found?
(a) The sound of the hevvys working.
(b) The noise of the sea.
(c) Little bag of little crummly stoans.
(d) The sound of singing.
4. As Riddley and Lissener creep amongst the rubble, what does Riddley learn about himself?
(a) He is a type of listener.
(b) He misses the place where he used to live.
(c) He is afraid of the machines in the rubble.
(d) He should be a connexion man.
5. What makes Riddley cry as he and Lessener walk from Fork Stone toward Cambry?
(a) He knows he and Lessener will have to go different ways.
(b) He is missing his friends from Hows Fent.
(c) He is thinking about his father.
(d) He is remembering things from when he was a child.
6. How does Riddley get something to eat as he travels?
(a) He had some food with him.
(b) He doesn't get anything to eat, and he goes hungry.
(c) He finds food someone has left.
(d) The dogs bring him food.
7. After Durster's mishap, what does Lorna Elswint ask Riddley about the dog he saw?
(a) She wants to know if he has a new connexion.
(b) She wants to know how work he and the other got done.
(c) She wants to know what happened to Durster.
(d) She wonders if Riddley got the 1st knowing.
8. What does Durster say to anger Riddley at the diggings?
(a) That Riddley should not be connexion man.
(b) That Riddley was an idiot the night before.
(c) That Riddley's father has become a dog.
(d) That Riddley needs to work harder.
9. Where did Riddley sit for breakfast the morning after his connexion?
(a) His usual place.
(b) At the top table.
(c) He didn't sit, he grabbed something to eat and went outside.
(d) With the other young men his age.
10. Who comes to lead Riddley when he runs away from the work site?
(b) The black dog.
(c) Belnot Phist.
(d) Lorna Elswint.
11. What does Riddley call the stone face he sees in Cambry?
(a) Hart of the Wud.
(b) Hoap of a tree.
12. Riddley heads to the diggings for a third time. Who comes out of the woodlings as Riddley and the men head off to Widders Dump?
(a) Goodparley and Orfing.
(b) Belnot Phist.
(c) Bernt Arse Pack.
(d) Nimbel Potter and the other kids.
13. Who grabbed Riddley as he climbs over the fence at Widders Dump?
(a) Fister Crunchman.
(c) A hevvy.
14. What does a kid sing about Riddley as he and Orfing leave Weaping Form?
(a) That Riddley made the 1 Littl 1.
(b) That Drop John is riding on his back.
(c) That Riddley is going to Cambry.
(d) That Riddley is clevver.
15. What story does Riddley write when he is in Cambry?
(a) Hoap of a tree.
(b) Eusa 7.
(c) The two and the one.
Short Answer Questions
1. On the day he runs away, what does Riddley see as he leaves the dead town?
2. Who did Riddley eat breakfast with after his connexion?
3. What was the weather like when Riddley woke the morning after his connexion?
4. Riddley leaves Widders Dump after talking with Goodparley. What saying goes through his mind as he walks?
5. After Durster's mishap the previous day, what do Riddley and the work crew feel as they set off toward Widders Dump?
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)