|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What seems strange to Riddley as they reach Fork Stone for the first time?
(a) This is the place Riddley played as a child.
(b) All the debris and rubble.
(c) That there are no people.
(d) That the dogs are still following.
2. What kind of a show do Orfing and Riddley do at Weaping Form?
(a) A Punch show.
(b) A show about making the 1 Littl 1.
(c) A show about Goodparley and Granser.
(d) A Eusa show.
3. What drew Lissener to the boat that he and Riddley found?
(a) The sound of singing.
(b) The noise of the sea.
(c) Little bag of little crummly stoans.
(d) The sound of the hevvys working.
4. As Riddley and Lissener creep amongst the rubble, what does Riddley learn about himself?
(a) He misses the place where he used to live.
(b) He is afraid of the machines in the rubble.
(c) He is a type of listener.
(d) He should be a connexion man.
5. Who leaves with Orfing and Riddley after the show at Weaping Form?
(a) The hevvys leave with them.
(b) Rightway Flinter leaves with them.
(c) Rightway Flinter, Deaper, and their families.
(d) Easyer leaves with them.
6. What does Rightway Flinter tell Orfing and Riddley when they come to do their show?
(a) He doesn't say anything, he shoots his bow.
(b) That they have to pay.
(c) He tells them to go away.
(d) That they are not wanted in Weaping Form.
7. What is another name for the person Riddley rescues?
(a) Deformed one.
(d) Eyeless one.
8. When Riddley gets back to Fork Stone, what is the first thing he sees?
(b) The Eusa folk wielding an ax.
(c) Goodparley hung by his hands.
(d) Orfing doing a Eusa show.
9. How does Lissener find his way to where he and Riddley are going?
(a) He walks very slowly sliding one foot and then the other, along the ground.
(b) He has a walking stick.
(c) He stumbles and falls, but he keeps walking as if there is something pulling him.
(d) He holds Riddley's arm.
10. After Riddley finds the buried head, where does he plan to travel next?
(a) Fork Stone.
(b) Widdows Dump.
(d) Hows Fent.
11. Who grabbed Riddley as he climbs over the fence at Widders Dump?
(a) Fister Crunchman.
(d) A hevvy.
12. In Goodparley's story, what happened to Ingland after Eusa's head was put on a hole?
(a) There was an earthquake.
(b) There was endless night.
(c) Part of Inland was flooded.
(d) There was an explosion.
13. Riddley leaves Widders Dump after talking with Goodparley. What saying goes through his mind as he walks?
(a) Something about the yeller stone.
(b) Eusa 7.
(c) Something from the Punch show.
(d) Eusa 39.
14. Who do Riddley and Goodparley go to see after they leave Fork Stone?
(a) Eusa folk.
(b) The dead man in the boat.
(c) Lorna Elswint.
15. As Riddley and Lissener come to the sea, what do they find?
(a) They find Belnot Phist.
(b) They find Goodparley.
(c) A boat with a dead man.
(d) They don't find anything.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Riddley get something to eat as he travels?
2. Who wants Riddley to hand over the item that he finds in the hole?
3. What is the weather like the morning after Durster's mishap?
4. Where did Riddley sit for breakfast the morning after his connexion?
5. Where does Riddley go when he leaves the dead town?
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)