|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Lissener and Riddley split up instead of going on together to Cambry?
(a) To split the stones and double their chances of success.
(b) Someone was after them and they got separated.
(c) Only Eusa folk could go to Cambry.
(d) They had a disagreement.
2. Why do Coxin and Fister have words when they head to the diggings?
(a) Fister asked Coxin to do something and he refused.
(b) Coxin took some tools.
(c) Coxin thought they should lose someone before they started off.
(d) Coxin wanted to be 1st man.
3. Why doesn't Lissener want to program anything after he and Riddley leave Fork Stone?
(a) He doesn't like the plans Riddley is suggesting.
(b) He doesn't like to plan ahead.
(c) They didn't program anything in Fork Stone.
(d) He can't think of anything to do.
4. Where is Riddley led after he runs away?
(a) To Bernt Arse.
(b) How Fent.
(c) Widders Dump.
5. What seems strange to Riddley as they reach Fork Stone for the first time?
(a) All the debris and rubble.
(b) This is the place Riddley played as a child.
(c) That the dogs are still following.
(d) That there are no people.
6. As Riddley and Lissener come to the sea, what do they find?
(a) They don't find anything.
(b) They find Belnot Phist.
(c) They find Goodparley.
(d) A boat with a dead man.
7. In the Orfing/Walker show, what does the main character do to Erny?
(a) Bites him.
(b) Spits at him.
(c) Kicks him.
(d) Whacks him.
8. Who wants Riddley to hand over the item that he finds in the hole?
(d) Belnot Phist.
9. When Riddley gets back to Fork Stone, what is the first thing he sees?
(a) Goodparley hung by his hands.
(b) Orfing doing a Eusa show.
(c) The Eusa folk wielding an ax.
10. What makes Riddley cry as he and Lessener walk from Fork Stone toward Cambry?
(a) He is thinking about his father.
(b) He is remembering things from when he was a child.
(c) He knows he and Lessener will have to go different ways.
(d) He is missing his friends from Hows Fent.
11. What is the first story Goodparley tells Riddley after Riddley is caught climbing into Widder's Dump?
(a) The story of Drop John the Foller Man.
(b) The end of Eusa.
(c) About Goodparley's childhood.
(d) The Punch story.
12. What does Riddley think about when he wakes the morning after his connexion?
(a) That what happened during the connexion was a dream.
(b) He is pleased with his first connexion.
(c) He doesn't remember what happened the night before.
(d) He makes another connexion.
13. Who does Riddley meet near Good Mercy Form?
(a) Granser/Drop John the Foller Man.
(d) Lorna Elswint.
14. The day after his connexion, Riddley walks ahead of the work crew. Who does he meet in the path?
(a) Durster Potter.
(b) The black dog leader.
15. Who grabbed Riddley as he climbs over the fence at Widders Dump?
(c) A hevvy.
(d) Fister Crunchman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rightway Flinter tell Orfing and Riddley when they come to do their show?
2. What does a kid sing about Riddley as he and Orfing leave Weaping Form?
3. What happens when Riddley tries to get Lissener to quit talking the first night they are together?
4. On Riddley's fourth work day at the diggings, what does he find?
5. What type of reception do Orfing and Riddley get when they arrive to do their first show?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)