|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Riddley gets back to Fork Stone, what is the first thing he sees?
(a) The Eusa folk wielding an ax.
(b) Orfing doing a Eusa show.
(d) Goodparley hung by his hands.
2. On the day he runs away, what does Riddley see as he leaves the dead town?
(c) A sweeping green light and the sound of blips.
(d) Folleree and Folleroo.
3. Who was waiting for Riddley the morning after his first connexion?
(a) Fister Crunchman.
(b) Straiter Empy.
(c) Lorna Elswint.
(d) Nimbel Potter and the other children.
4. As Riddley travels, he thinks of a story to write down later. What is the name of the story?
(a) Fools Circel 9ways.
(b) The Bloke as Got on Top of Aunty.
(c) The Eusa Story.
(d) The story of his first connexion.
5. After Riddley returns to Widders Dump, what does Goodparley want from Riddley?
(a) Riddley's gear.
(b) A connexion.
(c) The bag of stones from the dead man.
(d) Riddley's knife.
6. Riddley leaves Widders Dump after talking with Goodparley. What saying goes through his mind as he walks?
(a) Something about the yeller stone.
(b) Eusa 39.
(c) Eusa 7.
(d) Something from the Punch show.
7. What does Durster say to anger Riddley at the diggings?
(a) That Riddley should not be connexion man.
(b) That Riddley needs to work harder.
(c) That Riddley was an idiot the night before.
(d) That Riddley's father has become a dog.
8. Who does Riddley meet near Good Mercy Form?
(a) Granser/Drop John the Foller Man.
(d) Lorna Elswint.
9. Where does Riddley go when he leaves the dead town?
(a) How Fent.
(c) Brabbas Horn.
(d) Widdows Dump.
10. Where do Orfing and Riddley go to do their first show?
(b) Good Mercy Form.
(c) Fork Stoan.
(d) Hows Fents.
11. What do Riddley and Lissener talk about as they walk on their first evening together?
(a) How Lissener got in the hole.
(c) Why Riddley ran away from his work group.
(d) How Riddley's father died.
12. What story does Riddley write when he is in Cambry?
(a) Hoap of a tree.
(b) The two and the one.
(d) Eusa 7.
13. Riddley heads toward Cambry and then decides to turn around. What prevents him from going back to Widders Dump?
(a) The dogs won't let him.
(b) He afraid Goodparley will sent hevvys after him.
(c) He is afraid of the chard coal burner and doesn't want to pass him again.
(d) He decides he has to help Lissener.
14. What is another name for the person Riddley rescues?
(b) Deformed one.
(d) Eyeless one.
15. Why do Lissener and Riddley split up instead of going on together to Cambry?
(a) Someone was after them and they got separated.
(b) To split the stones and double their chances of success.
(c) They had a disagreement.
(d) Only Eusa folk could go to Cambry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of reception do Orfing and Riddley get when they arrive to do their first show?
2. When Riddley packs the fit up, what does he find in two bags?
3. After Goodparley and Granser die, what does Orfing want Riddley to do?
4. What seems strange to Riddley as they reach Fork Stone for the first time?
5. On Riddley's fourth work day at the diggings, what does he find?
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)