|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was waiting for Riddley the morning after his first connexion?
(a) Fister Crunchman.
(b) Lorna Elswint.
(c) Nimbel Potter and the other children.
(d) Straiter Empy.
2. When the work crew returns to How Fents after Potter's mishap, what does Littl Nimbel Potter do when he sees Riddley?
(a) Makes the Bad Luck go a way sign.
(b) He runs away.
(c) Begins singing with the other kids.
(d) He calls Riddley names.
3. Who do Riddley and Goodparley go to see after they leave Fork Stone?
(b) Lorna Elswint.
(c) Eusa folk.
(d) The dead man in the boat.
4. After he runs away, what does Riddley learn about the 1 Big 1 and the Master Chaynjis?
(a) That Goodparley and Orfing know how to make the 1 Big 1.
(b) That the Eusa folk know how to make the 1 Big 1.
(c) That the 1 Big 1 will happen again.
(d) That Mr. Clevver made the 1 Big 1.
5. What does Riddley think about when he wakes the morning after his connexion?
(a) That what happened during the connexion was a dream.
(b) He doesn't remember what happened the night before.
(c) He is pleased with his first connexion.
(d) He makes another connexion.
6. After Goodparley and Granser die, where does Riddley go?
(b) Fork Stone.
(c) To the sea.
7. Where does Riddley go when he leaves the dead town?
(a) Widdows Dump.
(b) How Fent.
(c) Brabbas Horn.
8. What does a kid sing about Riddley as he and Orfing leave Weaping Form?
(a) That Drop John is riding on his back.
(b) That Riddley made the 1 Littl 1.
(c) That Riddley is going to Cambry.
(d) That Riddley is clevver.
9. Why does Riddley jump the fence and run away from the work site?
(a) He did not want to work any more.
(b) He got in an argument with Coxin.
(c) He got in an argument with Fister.
(d) He threw Belnot Phist in the mud.
10. What does Goodparley tell Riddley about the puppet Riddley found in the digging?
(a) Its an old Eusa figure.
(b) It belonged to Orfing.
(c) It used to belong to Belnot Phist.
(d) Its name is Punch.
11. As Riddley travels, he thinks of a story to write down later. What is the name of the story?
(a) The story of his first connexion.
(b) The Eusa Story.
(c) Fools Circel 9ways.
(d) The Bloke as Got on Top of Aunty.
12. What happens to Durster Potter on the men's third time at the diggings?
(a) He tries to start another fight with Riddley.
(b) He twists his ankle.
(c) He is killed by the dogs.
(d) He trips on a hole in the path and breaks his leg.
13. Who did Riddley eat breakfast with after his connexion?
(a) Nimbel Potter.
(b) Lorna and Fister Crunchman.
(c) Straiter Empy.
(d) No one, he ate alone.
14. Where does Riddley hide the yellerboy stone?
(a) In Lissener's pocket.
(b) In an abandoned shelter.
(c) In Goodparley's pocket.
(d) In the fit up.
15. After Riddley finds the buried head, where does he plan to travel next?
(b) Widdows Dump.
(c) Fork Stone.
(d) Hows Fent.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Lissener and Riddley split up instead of going on together to Cambry?
2. In Goodparley's story, what happened to Ingland after Eusa's head was put on a hole?
3. What does Orfing say happened when the hevvys took the yellowboy stones and made a mixture?
4. What seems strange to Riddley as they reach Fork Stone for the first time?
5. What do Riddley and Lissener talk about as they walk on their first evening together?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)