Short Essay Questions
The 60 short essay questions listed in this section require a one to two sentence answer. They ask students to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the text. Students must describe what they've read, rather than just recall it.
Short Essay Question - Chapter 1
1. At the beginning of the novel, why do you think Riddley Walker says, "Your turn now my turn later"?
2. Describe what happens in the story, "Hart of the Wood" that Riddley tells.
3. Describe the game the children play after Riddley kills the boar.
4. What does Lorna tell Riddley after they freshen the Luck?
Short Essay Question - Chapter 2
5. What happened three days after Riddley's naming day?
6. Why did Riddley climb the big iron thing after his father died?
This section contains 988 words|
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)