|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Profession, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What religion does Rodriguez's family practice?
2. How does Rodriguez describe himself now?
(a) An education expert.
(b) A Latino activist.
(c) A famous author.
(d) A middle-class American.
3. Did Rodriguez's parents get the same amount of education that he did?
(a) Yes, but they went to school in Mexico so they do not speak English very well.
(b) No, and they did not want him to go to school so much, either.
4. According to Rodriguez, what do minority students need to succeed in college?
(a) A support system of other minority students.
(b) Supportive professors and family members.
(c) Extra tutoring.
(d) Basic skills and an educational background that prepares them for college.
5. How does Rodriguez's mother react to his educational accomplishments?
(a) She tries to help him with his homework.
(b) She does not care if he does well in school.
(c) She is embarrassed because her smart son does not speak Spanish well.
(d) She asks questions and is pleased when he wins awards.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Complexion, Chapter 3, what new hobby does Rodriguez take up?
2. What does Rodriguez say education does to the scholarship boy?
3. How does Rodriguez describe his life as a child?
4. As Rodriguez moves into graduate school, what does he realize about his education?
5. What does religion do for his parents?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)