|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Profession, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Complexion, Chapter 3, what does Rodriguez realize about education?
(a) It is a waste of time.
(b) It gives people a voice.
(c) It changes how people look at the world.
(d) It provides better job options.
2. Did Rodriguez's parents get the same amount of education that he did?
(b) Yes, but they went to school in Mexico so they do not speak English very well.
(d) No, and they did not want him to go to school so much, either.
3. How does Rodriguez's mother react to his educational accomplishments?
(a) She is embarrassed because her smart son does not speak Spanish well.
(b) She does not care if he does well in school.
(c) She tries to help him with his homework.
(d) She asks questions and is pleased when he wins awards.
4. According to Rodriguez, what did some sympathetic professors do for black students who were struggling?
(a) They gave the students passing grades they had not earned.
(b) They tutored them outside of class.
(c) They helped the students with their homework.
(d) They helped the students cheat on tests.
5. What do fellow students think of the scholarship boy?
(a) They are proud of his efforts.
(b) They think he works too hard.
(c) They think he is the teacher's pet.
(d) They think he needs to work harder.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do teachers think of the scholarship boy?
2. What happens to Rodriguez as a result of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr's assassination?
3. What comment from a professor makes Rodriguez rethink his use of the label "minority student"?
4. How do Rodriguez's parents respond when he wants to go to Stanford?
5. Why is the picture of Christ with a punctured heart important?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)