|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Profession, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Rodriguez go for his fellowship?
(b) Mexico City.
2. What do the students say about Rodriguez?
(a) He is too politically conservative.
(b) He is Mexican, but acts white.
(c) He is a know-it-all.
(d) He seems smart, but acts dumb.
3. What does Rodriguez learn about complexion from his family?
(a) Complexion does not matter.
(b) Be proud of your complexion, no matter what.
(c) Dark skin is ugly.
(d) Light skin is ugly.
4. How does Rodriguez describe the 1960s student?
(a) Prone to protesting, but with good intentions.
(b) A troublemaker.
(c) Too politically liberal.
(d) Idealistic and admirable.
5. Now that he is a teacher, what does Rodriguez blame white students for?
(a) They think they are smarter than the professors.
(b) They are rude to the minority students.
(c) They do not make an effort to help poor white students get an education.
(d) They are arrogant and selfish about their grades.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Rodriguez think the church treats his parents?
2. What is Rodriguez's complexion like?
3. Why do Rodriguez's teachers visit his house?
4. When does Rodriguez think that minority students should get help?
5. As he finishes his education, does Rodriguez think his parents still love him? How do you know?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)