|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Profession, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Rodriguez's family, what is wrong with Richard?
(a) He is more like a woman because he talks a lot and has soft hands.
(b) He needs to work at hard labor.
(c) He needs to be more responsible.
(d) He needs to talk more when he is at home.
2. How do Rodriguez's parents respond when he wants to go to Stanford?
(a) They refuse to pay for his education.
(b) They worry about him going so far away.
(c) They are proud of him, but they worry about how expensive it will be for him to go away to school.
(d) They brag to everyone about their son, the Stanford student.
3. How does the scholarship boy use education?
(a) To change himself.
(b) To make money.
(c) To get a good job.
(d) To make friends.
4. As an adult, what do people think his complexion says about him?
(a) That he is poor and works in the sun all day.
(b) That he spends a lot of time indoors.
(c) That he is rich and lives a life of luxury.
(d) That he is unhealthy.
5. Did Rodriguez's parents get the same amount of education that he did?
(a) No, and they did not want him to go to school so much, either.
(d) Yes, but they went to school in Mexico so they do not speak English very well.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Rodriguez taught about marrying someone of a different religion?
2. At what stage in their academic career does Rodriguez believe students need help?
3. What does Rodriguez start to believe about intimate conversations?
4. What is Rodriguez's complexion like?
5. As a child, how does Rodriguez feel about speaking English?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)