|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Profession, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rodriguez think about how the meaning of a person's complexion has changed?
(a) Nobody pays any attention to complexion any more.
(b) His dark skin used to be popular, but now is unpopular.
(c) People used to ignore his complexion, but now they make a big deal about it.
(d) His dark skin used to be unpopular, but now is popular.
2. Where does Rodriguez feel comfortable? Why?
(a) At church, because he believes God loves him in spite of his dark skin.
(b) At school, because they value his intelligence, not his complexion.
(c) At home, because they love him no matter what he does.
(d) With his friends, because they understand him.
3. In Complexion, Chapter 2, what does Rodriguez do to try to change his skin color?
(a) Scrub the color off.
(b) Bleach his skin.
(c) Shave his arms.
(d) Take medication.
4. How does Rodriguez explain his success to people?
(a) He went to a good school and had supportive parents.
(b) He worked very hard.
(c) He was just very lucky.
(d) He had good teachers.
5. According to Rodriguez's family, how are men supposed to be?
(a) Gentle, polite, and soft-spoken.
(b) Ruggedly handsome, strong in character, and responsible.
(c) Intelligent, kind, and good at providing for a family.
(d) Tough, aggressive, and bossy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rodriguez say about how the people around him now say his name?
2. As he finishes his education, does Rodriguez think his parents still love him? How do you know?
3. What does Rodriguez start to notice about English?
4. As Rodriguez reaches the end of his education, what does he have to confront?
5. What does Rodriguez's family call him?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)