|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Profession, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rodriguez think about his ability to succeed with women?
(a) He can only flirt with dark-skinned women.
(b) He will succeed because he has such a beautiful "tan."
(c) He will fail because his skin color makes him ugly.
(d) He will attract a lot of women because he is "exotic."
2. What does Rodriguez think skin color says about financial status?
(a) Dark-skinned people are poor.
(b) Light-skinned people need to work less and get outside more.
(c) Light-skinned people are poor.
(d) Dark-skinned people are rich.
3. While he studies at Stanford, what does Rodriguez do to make money?
(a) Tutors other students.
(b) Works a construction job.
(c) Writes for a local newspaper.
(d) Works in the school cafeteria.
4. How does Rodriguez's mother react to his educational accomplishments?
(a) She does not care if he does well in school.
(b) She tries to help him with his homework.
(c) She is embarrassed because her smart son does not speak Spanish well.
(d) She asks questions and is pleased when he wins awards.
5. As Rodriguez moves into graduate school, what does he realize about his education?
(a) He is the most educated person in his family.
(b) He is afraid of failing in school.
(c) He is using it to hide from his life.
(d) His parents will never be proud of his accomplishments.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Rodriguez believe Spanish should be spoken?
2. What does Rodriguez say about how the people around him now say his name?
3. How does Rodriguez describe the 1960s student?
4. What does Rodriguez's teacher tell him about reading and complicated ideas?
5. When he was a child, what did his parents say he looked like?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)