|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Profession, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While he studies at Stanford, what does Rodriguez do to make money?
(a) Works a construction job.
(b) Tutors other students.
(c) Writes for a local newspaper.
(d) Works in the school cafeteria.
2. How does Rodriguez feel about learning English?
(a) Guilty, because he feels like he has damaged his family's close relationship.
(b) Bored, because he does not really want to learn it.
(c) Proud, because it is a hard language to learn.
(d) Frustrated, because he does not learn it very well.
3. According to Rodriguez's family, how are men supposed to be?
(a) Ruggedly handsome, strong in character, and responsible.
(b) Gentle, polite, and soft-spoken.
(c) Intelligent, kind, and good at providing for a family.
(d) Tough, aggressive, and bossy.
4. How does Rodriguez feel about his religious education?
(a) It isolated him.
(b) It kept him closer to his parents.
(c) It changed his life.
(d) It helped him become successful.
5. How does Rodriguez's father change as the family starts to speak English more?
(a) He gets upset and insists that they speak to him in Spanish.
(b) He complains about using English.
(c) He grows quieter because he is uncomfortable with English.
(d) He takes classes to learn English.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do fellow students think of the scholarship boy?
2. What two versions of his religion does Rodriguez say his parents had to choose between?
3. Why do the new minority students on campus make Rodriguez uneasy?
4. When Rodriguez's mother becomes more fluent in English, she convinces her husband to buy _________. (fill in the blank)
5. What does his mother think about his reading?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)