|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Profession, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Rodriguez moves into college and graduate school, how does his relationship with his parents change?
(a) They have even less to say to each other.
(b) They ask him a lot more questions about his studies.
(c) They start talking again.
(d) They argue a lot.
2. What religious figure was very important in his parents' old church, but becomes less important in the new church?
(a) The Virgin Mary.
(c) The priest.
(d) St. Peter.
3. How does Rodriguez feel about his family background?
(a) He is embarrassed by it.
(b) He wants to know more about it.
(c) He is proud of it.
(d) He does not think about it too much.
4. Once the family has shifted to speaking English, how does Rodriguez feel when he hears families speaking Spanish?
(a) Rodriguez is frustrated because he thinks those families are making it harder for their children to learn English.
(b) Rodriguez is sad because it reminds him of the closeness his family lost.
(c) Rodriguez is pleased to know that Spanish is still being spoken in people's homes.
(d) Rodriguez is embarrassed because he thinks everyone should speak English.
5. When he was a child, what did his parents say he looked like?
(a) A ghost.
(b) A sick child.
(c) A poor Mexican man who works in the sun.
(d) A wealthy boy who does not work.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Rodriguez describe his life as a child?
2. When Rodriguez's mother becomes more fluent in English, she convinces her husband to buy _________. (fill in the blank)
3. Rodriguez has acknowledged that his relationship with his family changed as he became more educated. What does he say about how that affected his success?
4. What does Rodriguez think skin color says about financial status?
5. How does mass help his family?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)