|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Profession, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Rodriguez believe Spanish should be spoken?
(b) In private, with family or close friends.
(c) In public.
(d) In the classroom.
2. How does Rodriguez describe his life as a child?
3. What is Rodriguez aware of when he visits his rich friends?
(a) His friends are fascinated by his skin color.
(b) There are dark-skinned servants, but he is a friend, not a servant.
(c) His friends talk about skin color differently than his family does.
(d) His friends treat him differently because of his skin color.
4. How does Rodriguez describe the sound of English?
(a) Weak and quiet.
(b) Loud and confident.
(c) Flat and boring.
(d) Awkward and confusing.
5. Rodriguez describes events that happened how many years ago?
(a) 30 years.
(b) 5 years.
(c) 20 years.
(d) 10 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Did Rodriguez's parents get the same amount of education that he did?
2. What do the Hispanic college students ask Rodriguez to do?
3. According to Rodriguez's family, how are men supposed to be?
4. How does Rodriguez's father react to his educational accomplishments?
5. What does Rodriguez say he gains because of learning to speak English?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)