|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Profession, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the picture of Christ with a punctured heart important?
(a) It symbolizes everything his family believes about God.
(b) It symbolizes the intersection of church, school, and home.
(c) It is the first gift his family gets from a priest.
(d) It frightens Richard and gives him nightmares.
2. How does Rodriguez feel when he observes the group of black teenagers on the bus?
(a) He is irritated because they are noisy.
(b) He envies their close bond.
(c) He wishes he could be their friend.
(d) He is scared because they look tough.
3. What do teachers think of the scholarship boy?
(a) They think he is the teacher's pet.
(b) They are proud of his efforts.
(c) They think he works too hard.
(d) They think he needs to work harder.
4. What does Rodriguez start to believe about intimate conversations?
(a) He will never be able to have them with his family because of the language barrier.
(b) Intimate conversations are hard to have in the "public" language.
(c) He can no longer have an intimate conversation in Spanish.
(d) He can have them with his family in spite of the language barrier.
5. As he gets older, what do people tell Rodriguez about his complexion?
(a) They are envious of his "tan."
(b) They joke with him about how light his skin is.
(c) They tell him to see a doctor to get help.
(d) They tease him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Rodriguez describe the changes in the mass that happen as he grows up?
2. How well can Rodriguez speak English when he starts school?
3. How does Rodriguez change his religious practices?
4. How does Rodriguez feel about his education?
5. How does Rodriguez say that the white students react to affirmative action?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)