|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Profession, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does a scholarship boy form his own ideas or opinions?
(a) He bases his ideas on what his teacher tells him.
(b) He bases his ideas on what he learns in class.
(c) He bases his ideas on what his classmates tell him.
(d) He learns about other's ideas and opinions, but does not have his own ideas.
2. How is the "scholarship boy" described?
(a) A good student who is guaranteed to succeed.
(b) A good son who wants to please his parents.
(c) A good son but a troubled student.
(d) A good student but a troubled son.
3. What does Rodriguez do in Aria, Chapter 2, that gives him the confidence to speak up in class?
(a) Getting extra help from the teacher.
(b) Studying with a classmate.
(c) Practicing English with his family.
(d) Learning English from listening to the radio.
4. What does Rodriguez learn about sin?
(a) Sins are bad, and he should confess them to the priest.
(b) Sins are things that non-religious people do.
(c) Sins are not a big deal, and he should not worry about them.
(d) Sins are good, and he should try to have more of them.
5. What does Rodriguez mean by "intimate utterance"?
(a) Some words are more intimate than others.
(b) Intimate words should not be spoken in public.
(c) It is easier to be intimate in Spanish than in English.
(d) Words take their meaning from the relationship between the speakers.
Short Answer Questions
1. When a student complains that he is being kept out of law school, what does Rodriguez do?
2. What do teachers think of the scholarship boy?
3. How does Rodriguez feel about learning English?
4. Why do Rodriguez's teachers visit his house?
5. What happens at the swimming pool to make Rodriguez aware of his skin color?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)