|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Profession, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Rodriguez's initial response to bilingual education?
(a) He disagrees with it.
(b) He thinks it is too hard on the teacher.
(c) He thinks it would have helped him a lot.
(d) He thinks it makes students work harder.
2. When does Rodriguez think that minority students should get help?
(a) When they look for a first job.
(b) At the earliest possible age.
(c) When they start college.
(d) When they are in high school.
3. How does Rodriguez describe the 1960s student?
(a) A troublemaker.
(b) Idealistic and admirable.
(c) Prone to protesting, but with good intentions.
(d) Too politically liberal.
4. What new academic field do these minority college students ask for?
(a) Ethnic studies.
(c) Third world studies.
5. What does Rodriguez start to notice about English?
(a) How much easier it is to say things in English than in Spanish.
(b) How much English helps him do better in school.
(c) Words he understands now that he did not understand before.
(d) Sounds and tones he previously ignored.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Rodriguez teach in the 1960s and 1970s?
2. What does religion do for his parents?
3. What does Rodriguez do in Aria, Chapter 2, that gives him the confidence to speak up in class?
4. How does Rodriguez explain his success to people?
5. How does Rodriguez's mother react to his educational accomplishments?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)