|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Profession, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Rodriguez's education affect his relationship with his parents?
(a) It causes a separation between them.
(b) It makes him feel closer to his parents.
(c) His parents brag about him all the time.
(d) His parents stop talking to him.
2. What does Rodriguez say education does to the scholarship boy?
(a) It teaches him to stand up for himself.
(b) It teaches him to look down on people who are not educated.
(c) It teaches him to be less unique and more like other people.
(d) It teaches him to fight for justice.
3. What comment from a professor makes Rodriguez rethink his use of the label "minority student"?
(a) That he does not count as a minority.
(b) That he is a bad writer because he is a minority.
(c) That he automatically gets an "A" because he is a minority.
(d) That his opinion is based on his minority status.
4. How does Rodriguez feel about his education?
(a) It was the worst thing that ever happened to him.
(b) It was the best thing that ever happened to him.
(c) He is angry that they did not have programs for bilingual children when he went to school.
(d) He has conflicting feelings.
5. How does Rodriguez describe his life as a child?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the picture of Christ with a punctured heart important?
2. When does Rodriguez think that minority students should get help?
3. Rodriguez describes events that happened how many years ago?
4. What does Rodriguez say would be the disadvantage of bilingual education?
5. Rodriguez has acknowledged that his relationship with his family changed as he became more educated. What does he say about how that affected his success?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)