|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Profession, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what stage in their academic career does Rodriguez believe students need help?
(a) When they start college.
(b) When they start high school.
(c) When they start school.
(d) During the last two years of high school.
2. How does Rodriguez feel about learning English?
(a) Proud, because it is a hard language to learn.
(b) Guilty, because he feels like he has damaged his family's close relationship.
(c) Bored, because he does not really want to learn it.
(d) Frustrated, because he does not learn it very well.
3. Where does Rodriguez believe English should be spoken?
(a) In the classroom.
(b) In public.
(d) In private, with family or close friends.
4. What is Rodriguez's initial response to bilingual education?
(a) He thinks it makes students work harder.
(b) He thinks it is too hard on the teacher.
(c) He thinks it would have helped him a lot.
(d) He disagrees with it.
5. According to Rodriguez, what did some sympathetic professors do for black students who were struggling?
(a) They helped the students with their homework.
(b) They tutored them outside of class.
(c) They helped the students cheat on tests.
(d) They gave the students passing grades they had not earned.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Rodriguez's parents speak Spanish and where do they speak English?
2. What do fellow students think of the scholarship boy?
3. What did Rodriguez learn about other religions beside his own?
4. How does Rodriguez think about the old religious traditions of his childhood?
5. What happens to Rodriguez as a result of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr's assassination?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)