|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Profession, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In The Achievement of Desire, Prologue, Rodriguez says that now that he is successful, people always ask him a certain question. What is it?
(a) Can I have your autograph?
(b) How did you manage your success?
(c) Did you benefit from affirmative action?
(d) Are your brothers and sisters as smart as you are?
2. How do Rodriguez's parents respond when he wants to go to Stanford?
(a) They are proud of him, but they worry about how expensive it will be for him to go away to school.
(b) They refuse to pay for his education.
(c) They brag to everyone about their son, the Stanford student.
(d) They worry about him going so far away.
3. As Rodriguez moves into college and graduate school, how does his relationship with his parents change?
(a) They have even less to say to each other.
(b) They start talking again.
(c) They argue a lot.
(d) They ask him a lot more questions about his studies.
4. As he finishes his education, does Rodriguez think his parents still love him? How do you know?
(a) No, because they do not talk to him.
(b) Yes, because they try to talk to him.
(c) Yes, because they throw him a graduation party.
(d) Yes, because there are intimate gestures even though they do not talk much.
5. When he graduates, where does Rodriguez live?
(a) In his own apartment.
(b) With his parents.
(c) With his brother.
(d) With his girlfriend.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Rodriguez think that minority students should get help?
2. What new academic field do these minority college students ask for?
3. What is one thing that Rodriguez says happened to black students promoted through affirmative action?
4. In Credo, Chapter 3, what does Rodriguez do to change his ideas about religion?
5. As Rodriguez and his siblings learn more English, what happens to their family?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)