|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Profession, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Rodriguez's complexion like?
(a) He looks like a white boy.
(b) He is dark-skinned.
(c) He has bad acne.
(d) He is light-skinned.
2. In The Achievement of Desire, Chapter 4, how does Rodriguez describe his relationship with his parents?
(a) They are "the old way and the new way."
(b) They are "strangers and relatives."
(c) They are "culturally separated."
(d) They are "warm but uncomfortable."
3. What does Rodriguez say education does to the scholarship boy?
(a) It teaches him to stand up for himself.
(b) It teaches him to look down on people who are not educated.
(c) It teaches him to fight for justice.
(d) It teaches him to be less unique and more like other people.
4. How does mass help his family?
(a) They all participate in the mass together.
(b) They all go out to eat afterwards and have a good time.
(c) They go to mass together, even as they are growing more distant.
(d) They pray for family closeness.
5. What does Rodriguez's teacher tell him about reading and complicated ideas?
(a) He needs to read 5,000 books to have a complicated idea.
(b) Reading will teach him complicated ideas.
(c) He needs to read 2,000 books to have a complicated idea.
(d) People who do not read cannot have complicated ideas.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Rodriguez's sister feel about her children's complexions?
2. In Aria, Chapter 3, why does Rodriguez's family tease him?
3. How does Rodriguez describe the changes in the mass that happen as he grows up?
4. How does Rodriguez say that the white students react to affirmative action?
5. How do Rodriguez's parents respond when he wants to go to Stanford?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)