|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Profession, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Rodriguez reaches the end of his education, what does he have to confront?
(a) His need to get a job.
(b) The discrimination he experiences as a Hispanic man.
(c) His damaged relationship with his parents.
(d) His lack of any friends or girlfriends.
2. Where did Rodriguez teach in the 1960s and 1970s?
(d) UC Berkeley.
3. Is Rodriguez's education affected by his religion? If so, how?
(a) No, because his education is not a religious education.
(b) Yes, because he only studies religious material.
(c) Yes, because his education is scheduled around religious services.
(d) Yes, because he spends his whole day praying and does not study.
4. How does Rodriguez's sister's friend challenge his ideas about complexion?
(a) She is white, but not rich.
(b) She is black, but not poor.
(c) She is dark-skinned but spends more time indoors than he does.
(d) She is light-skinned but spends more time outdoors than he does.
5. What is Rodriguez taught about marrying someone of a different religion?
(a) It is a good idea.
(b) It is all right if both families approve of it.
(c) It is difficult to make it work.
(d) It is a sin.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Rodriguez's grandmother affect his ideas on language?
2. What does Rodriguez do in Aria, Chapter 2, that gives him the confidence to speak up in class?
3. Rodriguez describes events that happened how many years ago?
4. How does Rodriguez see the scholarship boy?
5. As Rodriguez moves into graduate school, what does he realize about his education?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)