|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Profession, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Rodriguez go for his fellowship?
(c) Mexico City.
2. What two versions of his religion does Rodriguez say his parents had to choose between?
(a) The old-fashioned version and the modern version.
(b) The Mexican version and the English-speaking version.
(c) The gentle, happy version and the intense, frightening version.
(d) The version that talks about sin and the version that talks about love.
3. What example does Rodriguez offer of a program that can help minority students?
(a) Students he knew in graduate school who went for extra tutoring.
(b) Students who took a remedial reading course.
(c) His own experience: a strong educational background.
(d) Students who went to college for five years instead of four.
4. Why does Rodriguez use the label "minority student"?
(a) To announce that he is proud of his ethnicity.
(b) To get scholarships.
(c) To get sympathy from professors.
(d) To prove that Hispanics can succeed in school.
5. As he finishes his education, does Rodriguez think his parents still love him? How do you know?
(a) No, because they do not talk to him.
(b) Yes, because there are intimate gestures even though they do not talk much.
(c) Yes, because they throw him a graduation party.
(d) Yes, because they try to talk to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the family's use of the word "gringo" change as the children learn more English?
2. According to Rodriguez's family, what is wrong with Richard?
3. What is Rodriguez taught about marrying someone of a different religion?
4. When Rodriguez gets a summer job during college , what does it teach him about "real work"?
5. What does Rodriguez say is the real reason for his success?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)