|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Profession, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rodriguez say would be the disadvantage of bilingual education?
(a) It would limit the things he could study in school.
(b) It would make him lazy about learning English.
(c) It would mean he was only in class with other people who spoke Spanish.
(d) It would make it easier to cheat on tests.
2. How does Rodriguez think about the old religious traditions of his childhood?
(a) He is glad the traditions have changed.
(b) He thinks those traditions are only suitable for people like his parents.
(c) He misses the ritual.
(d) He thinks they are old-fashioned and silly.
3. In Complexion, Chapter 2, what does Rodriguez do to try to change his skin color?
(a) Shave his arms.
(b) Bleach his skin.
(c) Scrub the color off.
(d) Take medication.
4. Is Rodriguez's education affected by his religion? If so, how?
(a) Yes, because he only studies religious material.
(b) Yes, because his education is scheduled around religious services.
(c) Yes, because he spends his whole day praying and does not study.
(d) No, because his education is not a religious education.
5. When Rodriguez gets a summer job during college , what does it teach him about "real work"?
(a) Real work is much easier than academic work.
(b) It would take him more than three months to learn how to do it successfully.
(c) He likes real work better than academic work.
(d) He does not like real work.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Rodriguez's sister's friend challenge his ideas about complexion?
2. How does Rodriguez think the church treats his parents?
3. How does the scholarship boy use education?
4. When he was a child, what did his parents say he looked like?
5. What does Rodriguez's family call him?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)