|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Profession, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Rodriguez's mother becomes more fluent in English, she convinces her husband to buy _________. (fill in the blank)
(a) A television.
(b) A house.
(c) A telephone.
(d) A new car.
2. Where does Rodriguez believe Spanish should be spoken?
(b) In public.
(c) In private, with family or close friends.
(d) In the classroom.
3. What does Rodriguez start to notice about English?
(a) Words he understands now that he did not understand before.
(b) How much easier it is to say things in English than in Spanish.
(c) How much English helps him do better in school.
(d) Sounds and tones he previously ignored.
4. How does Rodriguez describe the sound of English?
(a) Loud and confident.
(b) Flat and boring.
(c) Weak and quiet.
(d) Awkward and confusing.
5. What does religion do for his parents?
(a) It encourages them to think about the meaning of their lives.
(b) It helps them stay connected to the community.
(c) It helps them not worry about the future.
(d) It gives them strength to get through the day.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Rodriguez believe English should be spoken?
2. What is the Third World Student Movement?
3. Where do Rodriguez's parents speak Spanish and where do they speak English?
4. When he is a child, what do people say about Rodriguez's complexion?
5. According to Rodriguez, who does affirmative action help?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)