|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Profession, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When he graduates, where does Rodriguez live?
(a) With his brother.
(b) With his parents.
(c) With his girlfriend.
(d) In his own apartment.
2. What changes Rodriguez's ideas about his complexion?
(a) He writes a news story about the "Black is Beautiful" movement.
(b) He talks about it with other minority students.
(c) He talks about it with one of his professors.
(d) He works construction and gets comfortable about revealing his skin.
3. As an adult, what do people think his complexion says about him?
(a) That he is rich and lives a life of luxury.
(b) That he is unhealthy.
(c) That he is poor and works in the sun all day.
(d) That he spends a lot of time indoors.
4. What is Rodriguez aware of when he visits his rich friends?
(a) His friends talk about skin color differently than his family does.
(b) His friends treat him differently because of his skin color.
(c) His friends are fascinated by his skin color.
(d) There are dark-skinned servants, but he is a friend, not a servant.
5. What was Rodriguez like as a student?
(a) The kind of student to whom everything came easily.
(b) A slow learner who worked very hard.
(c) A bookworm who admired his teachers.
(d) A troublemaker who was bored in class.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Rodriguez feel about his education?
2. Where does Rodriguez start school?
3. What does Rodriguez learn about sin?
4. What do fellow students think of the scholarship boy?
5. How does Rodriguez describe himself now?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)