|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Profession, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Rodriguez describe his life as a child?
2. As he finishes his education, does Rodriguez think his parents still love him? How do you know?
(a) No, because they do not talk to him.
(b) Yes, because there are intimate gestures even though they do not talk much.
(c) Yes, because they throw him a graduation party.
(d) Yes, because they try to talk to him.
3. What does Rodriguez think about his ability to succeed with women?
(a) He will fail because his skin color makes him ugly.
(b) He will attract a lot of women because he is "exotic."
(c) He will succeed because he has such a beautiful "tan."
(d) He can only flirt with dark-skinned women.
4. What does Rodriguez think of his parents' ideas on religion?
(a) They just do what the priest tells them to do.
(b) They are too simple.
(c) They are based on good Church teachings.
(d) They are deep and profound.
5. Where does Rodriguez believe English should be spoken?
(a) In private, with family or close friends.
(c) In the classroom.
(d) In public.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens at the swimming pool to make Rodriguez aware of his skin color?
2. How does Rodriguez's sister feel about her children's complexions?
3. What is the main reason for Rodriguez's success?
4. What is Rodriguez's initial response to bilingual education?
5. What example does Rodriguez offer of a program that can help minority students?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)