|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Profession, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Rodriguez as a result of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr's assassination?
(a) He gets more scholarships and opportunities.
(b) He becomes involved in the Civil Rights Movement.
(c) He is scared to pursue more education.
(d) He loses his scholarship to a black student.
2. According to Rodriguez, what is wrong with speaking a private language in public?
(a) It prevents people from learning the public language.
(b) It will eventually stop being a private language.
(c) Most people will not understand what is being said.
(d) It is embarrassing.
3. What new academic field do these minority college students ask for?
(b) Ethnic studies.
(c) Third world studies.
4. Why do the new minority students on campus make Rodriguez uneasy?
(a) They celebrate the cultural heritage that he has rejected.
(b) They try to speak to him in Spanish.
(c) They dress funny.
(d) They act like revolutionaries and promote violence.
5. What is the main reason for Rodriguez's success?
(a) His hard work and good educational background.
(b) The support of his parents.
(c) His great teachers at Stanford.
(d) His "minority student" status.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who teaches Rodriguez that stereotypes are not accurate?
2. What is Rodriguez taught about marrying someone of a different religion?
3. What is Rodriguez's initial response to bilingual education?
4. When he is a child, what do people say about Rodriguez's complexion?
5. How does Rodriguez feel about his religious education?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)