|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Profession, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Rodriguez hears about religious practices that are different from his own, what does he think of them?
(a) He is shocked and thinks they are wrong.
(b) He sees how similar they are to his own practices.
(c) He likes them better than his own practices.
(d) He is curious about them.
2. What does Rodriguez say would be the disadvantage of bilingual education?
(a) It would mean he was only in class with other people who spoke Spanish.
(b) It would limit the things he could study in school.
(c) It would make it easier to cheat on tests.
(d) It would make him lazy about learning English.
3. In The Achievement of Desire, Chapter 4, what is Rodriguez afraid to admit?
(a) He does not like his family very much.
(b) He longs for his own past.
(c) He still does not like reading very much.
(d) He will have to leave school soon.
4. In Credo, Chapter 3, what does Rodriguez do to change his ideas about religion?
(a) He travels to other countries.
(b) He studies to be a priest.
(c) He studies theology.
(d) He visits a lot of different churches.
5. As Rodriguez learns more English, what does he do about his parents' English skills?
(a) He tells them to be quiet and let him do the talking.
(b) He corrects their grammar.
(c) He teaches them how to speak English.
(d) He gets angry at them for speaking Spanish.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Rodriguez learn about other religions beside his own?
2. When Rodriguez gets a summer job during college , what does it teach him about "real work"?
3. Why do Rodriguez's teachers visit his house?
4. Rodriguez has acknowledged that his relationship with his family changed as he became more educated. What does he say about how that affected his success?
5. Where does Rodriguez find the description of the "scholarship boy"?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)