Eight Week Quiz G
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Mr. Secrets, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Rodriguez and his siblings learn more English, what happens to their family?
(a) The children start disobeying their parents.
(b) The parents depend on the children to do the talking in public.
(c) The family grows closer together.
(d) The family loses some of its closeness.
2. What is Rodriguez told about reading the Bible?
(a) Read it in the classroom with someone to guide him.
(b) Read it every day.
(c) Do not read it at all.
(d) Read it at mass on Sunday.
3. What happens to Rodriguez as a result of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr's assassination?
(a) He becomes involved in the Civil Rights Movement.
(b) He is scared to pursue more education.
(c) He gets more scholarships and opportunities.
(d) He loses his scholarship to a black student.
4. How does Rodriguez describe the changes in the mass that happen as he grows up?
(a) It becomes less formal.
(b) It is more like a prayer than a community celebration.
(c) It becomes more formal and structured.
(d) It is more like a community celebration than a prayer.
5. Why does Rodriguez's mother call him "Mr. Secrets"?
(a) Because he likes to surprise them.
(b) Because he hides things from his family.
(c) Because he lies to his family.
(d) Because he does not talk to his family.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Rodriguez feel comfortable? Why?
2. Does Rodriguez's mother blame him for what happened to their family?
3. As Rodriguez moves into graduate school, what does he realize about his education?
4. How do Rodriguez's friends affect his religious practices?
5. Why does Rodriguez's mother not understand his explanation about psychiatry?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)