Eight Week Quiz F
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Profession, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rodriguez say would be the benefit of bilingual education?
(a) He could understand the homework assignments better.
(b) He would feel more comfortable in the classroom.
(c) He would get better grades.
(d) He could ask the teacher questions more easily.
2. As Rodriguez reaches the end of his education, what does he have to confront?
(a) The discrimination he experiences as a Hispanic man.
(b) His need to get a job.
(c) His damaged relationship with his parents.
(d) His lack of any friends or girlfriends.
3. What does Rodriguez think skin color says about financial status?
(a) Dark-skinned people are rich.
(b) Light-skinned people are poor.
(c) Dark-skinned people are poor.
(d) Light-skinned people need to work less and get outside more.
4. When does Rodriguez begin to question his religion?
(a) When they tell him not to ask questions about religion.
(b) When he is in college.
(c) After he graduates from school.
(d) When he starts to read more books.
5. How does Rodriguez describe the 1970s student?
(a) A troublemaker.
(b) Cynical and sour about life.
(c) Too politically conservative.
(d) Too focused on grades to care about other people.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Rodriguez's complexion like?
2. What do the Hispanic college students ask Rodriguez to do?
3. What does Rodriguez see as the value of a book?
4. What is Rodriguez told when he asks questions about the church?
5. Now that he is a teacher, what does Rodriguez blame white students for?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)