Eight Week Quiz E
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Complexion, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Rodriguez believe English should be spoken?
(a) In the classroom.
(c) In private, with family or close friends.
(d) In public.
2. How does a newspaper affect Rodriguez's reading habits?
(a) An article describes 100 important books and he decides to read all of them.
(b) He decides to read the newspaper instead of books.
(c) He decides to read all the book on the bestseller list.
(d) An article explains why reading books can help you do well on tests, so he reads even more books.
3. Is Rodriguez's education affected by his religion? If so, how?
(a) Yes, because his education is scheduled around religious services.
(b) Yes, because he only studies religious material.
(c) Yes, because he spends his whole day praying and does not study.
(d) No, because his education is not a religious education.
4. How does the scholarship boy use education?
(a) To make money.
(b) To make friends.
(c) To change himself.
(d) To get a good job.
5. What does Rodriguez's teacher tell him about reading and complicated ideas?
(a) People who do not read cannot have complicated ideas.
(b) Reading will teach him complicated ideas.
(c) He needs to read 2,000 books to have a complicated idea.
(d) He needs to read 5,000 books to have a complicated idea.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rodriguez learn about sin?
2. Where does Rodriguez feel comfortable? Why?
3. As Rodriguez learns more English, what does he do about his parents' English skills?
4. As Rodriguez moves into graduate school, what does he realize about his education?
5. When Rodriguez gets a summer job during college , what does it teach him about "real work"?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)