|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Aria, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Rodriguez describe himself now?
(a) A Latino activist.
(b) A middle-class American.
(c) An education expert.
(d) A famous author.
2. Where does Rodriguez believe English should be spoken?
(a) In private, with family or close friends.
(c) In public.
(d) In the classroom.
3. What does Rodriguez's family seem to think about Spanish and English?
(a) Spanish and English are equally good languages.
(b) Richard should learn to speak only in English to be more successful.
(c) Richard should speak only Spanish.
(d) Richard needs to remember his Spanish, even if that hurts his education.
4. How does Rodriguez feel about learning English?
(a) Bored, because he does not really want to learn it.
(b) Proud, because it is a hard language to learn.
(c) Guilty, because he feels like he has damaged his family's close relationship.
(d) Frustrated, because he does not learn it very well.
5. How does Rodriguez feel about his parents' English skills?
(a) He thinks they do all right speaking a mix of Spanish and English.
(b) He is afraid they will get in trouble because they do not speak English properly.
(c) He wishes his mom would do all the talking.
(d) He is troubled by their poor English skills.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Rodriguez and his siblings learn more English, what happens to their family?
2. What does Rodriguez start to notice about English?
3. How does Rodriguez describe the sound of English?
4. Where does Rodriguez believe Spanish should be spoken?
5. How does Rodriguez describe his life as a child?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)