Four Week Quiz B
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Profession, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Rodriguez and his siblings learn more English, what happens to their family?
(a) The children start disobeying their parents.
(b) The family grows closer together.
(c) The parents depend on the children to do the talking in public.
(d) The family loses some of its closeness.
2. How does Rodriguez feel about his religious education?
(a) It isolated him.
(b) It kept him closer to his parents.
(c) It changed his life.
(d) It helped him become successful.
3. What does Rodriguez think about his ability to succeed with women?
(a) He can only flirt with dark-skinned women.
(b) He will fail because his skin color makes him ugly.
(c) He will succeed because he has such a beautiful "tan."
(d) He will attract a lot of women because he is "exotic."
4. What two versions of his religion does Rodriguez say his parents had to choose between?
(a) The Mexican version and the English-speaking version.
(b) The old-fashioned version and the modern version.
(c) The gentle, happy version and the intense, frightening version.
(d) The version that talks about sin and the version that talks about love.
5. What is Rodriguez taught about marrying someone of a different religion?
(a) It is a sin.
(b) It is all right if both families approve of it.
(c) It is a good idea.
(d) It is difficult to make it work.
Short Answer Questions
1. When he was a child, what did his parents say he looked like?
2. What does Rodriguez's professor ask him about applying for teaching jobs?
3. What does his mother think about his reading?
4. What religious figure was very important in his parents' old church, but becomes less important in the new church?
5. Is Rodriguez's classmate as good a student as Rodriguez is?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)