Four Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Achievement of Desire, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As a child, how does Rodriguez feel about speaking English?
(a) He is eager to learn to speak English.
(b) He is proud that he learns to speak English well.
(c) He thinks it is a waste of time.
(d) He is afraid of it.
2. What does Rodriguez say he gains because of learning to speak English?
(a) A place in public society.
(b) A chance to go to college.
(c) Better grades.
(d) More friends.
3. What does his mother think about his reading?
(a) She does not understand it.
(b) She is proud of him for reading so much.
(c) She wishes he would read less and go play sports.
(d) She hopes that he can teach her to read better.
4. What does Rodriguez's teacher tell him about reading and complicated ideas?
(a) He needs to read 5,000 books to have a complicated idea.
(b) Reading will teach him complicated ideas.
(c) People who do not read cannot have complicated ideas.
(d) He needs to read 2,000 books to have a complicated idea.
5. When Rodriguez's mother becomes more fluent in English, she convinces her husband to buy _________. (fill in the blank)
(a) A television.
(b) A new car.
(c) A house.
(d) A telephone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rodriguez start to believe about intimate conversations?
2. What does Rodriguez see as the value of a book?
3. As Rodriguez and his siblings learn more English, what happens to their family?
4. How does Rodriguez's father change as the family starts to speak English more?
5. How does Rodriguez feel about his parents' English skills?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)