|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Complexion, Prologue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Rodriguez's mother becomes more fluent in English, she convinces her husband to buy _________. (fill in the blank)
(a) A telephone.
(b) A house.
(c) A television.
(d) A new car.
2. Rodriguez has acknowledged that his relationship with his family changed as he became more educated. What does he say about how that affected his success?
(a) He used it to motivate him to try harder.
(b) He does not complain about the change because he is so glad to be well-educated.
(c) He used it to explain to people what his life was like before he was educated.
(d) He used it as an excuse to not work very hard.
3. What does Rodriguez say education does to the scholarship boy?
(a) It teaches him to fight for justice.
(b) It teaches him to look down on people who are not educated.
(c) It teaches him to be less unique and more like other people.
(d) It teaches him to stand up for himself.
4. As Rodriguez learns more English, what does he do about his parents' English skills?
(a) He gets angry at them for speaking Spanish.
(b) He teaches them how to speak English.
(c) He corrects their grammar.
(d) He tells them to be quiet and let him do the talking.
5. What was Rodriguez like as a student?
(a) The kind of student to whom everything came easily.
(b) A troublemaker who was bored in class.
(c) A slow learner who worked very hard.
(d) A bookworm who admired his teachers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What two versions of his religion does Rodriguez say his parents had to choose between?
2. As he gets older, what do people tell Rodriguez about his complexion?
3. What does Rodriguez say is the real reason for his success?
4. What do teachers think of the scholarship boy?
5. As Rodriguez and his siblings learn more English, what happens to their family?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)