|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Profession, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the new minority students on campus make Rodriguez uneasy?
(a) They act like revolutionaries and promote violence.
(b) They celebrate the cultural heritage that he has rejected.
(c) They dress funny.
(d) They try to speak to him in Spanish.
2. How does Rodriguez's mother react to his educational accomplishments?
(a) She tries to help him with his homework.
(b) She is embarrassed because her smart son does not speak Spanish well.
(c) She does not care if he does well in school.
(d) She asks questions and is pleased when he wins awards.
3. Where does Rodriguez go for his fellowship?
(c) Mexico City.
4. As Rodriguez moves into college and graduate school, how does his relationship with his parents change?
(a) They have even less to say to each other.
(b) They argue a lot.
(c) They start talking again.
(d) They ask him a lot more questions about his studies.
5. How does Rodriguez think about the old religious traditions of his childhood?
(a) He is glad the traditions have changed.
(b) He misses the ritual.
(c) He thinks those traditions are only suitable for people like his parents.
(d) He thinks they are old-fashioned and silly.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Rodriguez's parents respond when he wants to go to Stanford?
2. What new academic field do these minority college students ask for?
3. In Credo, Chapter 3, what does Rodriguez do to change his ideas about religion?
4. How is the "scholarship boy" described?
5. What does Rodriguez think of his parents' ideas on religion?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)