|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Profession, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rodriguez think of his parents' ideas on religion?
(a) They just do what the priest tells them to do.
(b) They are too simple.
(c) They are based on good Church teachings.
(d) They are deep and profound.
2. What do the Hispanic college students ask Rodriguez to do?
(a) To write them recommendations for graduate school.
(b) To give a speech to their student group.
(c) To teach a course in minority literature.
(d) To lead a protest.
3. How is the "scholarship boy" described?
(a) A good student who is guaranteed to succeed.
(b) A good student but a troubled son.
(c) A good son who wants to please his parents.
(d) A good son but a troubled student.
4. What is the Third World Student Movement?
(a) Students who volunteer in third world countries.
(b) Students who are studying third world countries in college.
(c) Students who attend college but embrace their cultural heritage instead of sacrificing it.
(d) Students who come from third world countries to attend school in the United States.
5. How does Rodriguez's father react to his educational accomplishments?
(a) He says college is a waste of time.
(b) He teases him, but is still proud of him.
(c) He does not care if Richard does well in school.
(d) He throws away Richard's diploma.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Rodriguez go for his fellowship?
2. How does Rodriguez change his religious practices?
3. In Credo, Chapter 3, what does Rodriguez do to change his ideas about religion?
4. How do Rodriguez's friends affect his religious practices?
5. How does Rodriguez's mother react to his educational accomplishments?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)