|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Profession, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Rodriguez describe the changes in the mass that happen as he grows up?
(a) It becomes more formal and structured.
(b) It becomes less formal.
(c) It is more like a prayer than a community celebration.
(d) It is more like a community celebration than a prayer.
2. How does Rodriguez's mother react to his educational accomplishments?
(a) She does not care if he does well in school.
(b) She is embarrassed because her smart son does not speak Spanish well.
(c) She tries to help him with his homework.
(d) She asks questions and is pleased when he wins awards.
3. What do the students say about Rodriguez?
(a) He is too politically conservative.
(b) He seems smart, but acts dumb.
(c) He is a know-it-all.
(d) He is Mexican, but acts white.
4. Where does Rodriguez go for his fellowship?
(b) Mexico City.
5. What is the Third World Student Movement?
(a) Students who volunteer in third world countries.
(b) Students who attend college but embrace their cultural heritage instead of sacrificing it.
(c) Students who come from third world countries to attend school in the United States.
(d) Students who are studying third world countries in college.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Rodriguez's friends affect his religious practices?
2. In Credo, Chapter 3, what does Rodriguez do to change his ideas about religion?
3. What does Rodriguez think of his parents' ideas on religion?
4. How do Rodriguez's parents respond when he wants to go to Stanford?
5. As Rodriguez moves into college and graduate school, how does his relationship with his parents change?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)