|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Profession, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Rodriguez's mother react to his educational accomplishments?
(a) She is embarrassed because her smart son does not speak Spanish well.
(b) She does not care if he does well in school.
(c) She tries to help him with his homework.
(d) She asks questions and is pleased when he wins awards.
2. How do Rodriguez's friends affect his religious practices?
(a) His friends want him to go to mass with them every day.
(b) His friends are all non-religious.
(c) His friends are all non-Catholic.
(d) His friends all practice different religions.
3. How does Rodriguez think about the old religious traditions of his childhood?
(a) He thinks those traditions are only suitable for people like his parents.
(b) He thinks they are old-fashioned and silly.
(c) He is glad the traditions have changed.
(d) He misses the ritual.
4. How does Rodriguez change his religious practices?
(a) He stops going to mass at all.
(b) He starts praying more regularly.
(c) He goes to mass every day.
(d) He stops going to confession and listens to his conscience instead of the priest.
5. How is the "scholarship boy" described?
(a) A good son but a troubled student.
(b) A good student but a troubled son.
(c) A good student who is guaranteed to succeed.
(d) A good son who wants to please his parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Hispanic college students ask Rodriguez to do?
2. How do Rodriguez's parents respond when he wants to go to Stanford?
3. In Credo, Chapter 3, what does Rodriguez do to change his ideas about religion?
4. What does Rodriguez think of his parents' ideas on religion?
5. Where does Rodriguez go for his fellowship?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)