|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Profession, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Third World Student Movement?
(a) Students who attend college but embrace their cultural heritage instead of sacrificing it.
(b) Students who come from third world countries to attend school in the United States.
(c) Students who volunteer in third world countries.
(d) Students who are studying third world countries in college.
2. Where does Rodriguez find the description of the "scholarship boy"?
(a) In a book about literacy.
(b) In a magazine article about literacy.
(c) In a magazine article about the modern education system.
(d) In a book about psychology.
3. How does Rodriguez change his religious practices?
(a) He stops going to confession and listens to his conscience instead of the priest.
(b) He stops going to mass at all.
(c) He starts praying more regularly.
(d) He goes to mass every day.
4. As Rodriguez moves into college and graduate school, how does his relationship with his parents change?
(a) They start talking again.
(b) They ask him a lot more questions about his studies.
(c) They have even less to say to each other.
(d) They argue a lot.
5. How does Rodriguez think about the old religious traditions of his childhood?
(a) He thinks they are old-fashioned and silly.
(b) He thinks those traditions are only suitable for people like his parents.
(c) He is glad the traditions have changed.
(d) He misses the ritual.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Rodriguez's friends affect his religious practices?
2. What new academic field do these minority college students ask for?
3. What do the students say about Rodriguez?
4. Where does Rodriguez go for his fellowship?
5. How does Rodriguez describe the changes in the mass that happen as he grows up?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)