|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Profession, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the "scholarship boy" described?
(a) A good student but a troubled son.
(b) A good son who wants to please his parents.
(c) A good student who is guaranteed to succeed.
(d) A good son but a troubled student.
2. Why do the new minority students on campus make Rodriguez uneasy?
(a) They dress funny.
(b) They act like revolutionaries and promote violence.
(c) They celebrate the cultural heritage that he has rejected.
(d) They try to speak to him in Spanish.
3. Where does Rodriguez go for his fellowship?
(a) Mexico City.
4. Where does Rodriguez find the description of the "scholarship boy"?
(a) In a magazine article about the modern education system.
(b) In a book about literacy.
(c) In a magazine article about literacy.
(d) In a book about psychology.
5. How do Rodriguez's friends affect his religious practices?
(a) His friends are all non-religious.
(b) His friends want him to go to mass with them every day.
(c) His friends all practice different religions.
(d) His friends are all non-Catholic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What new academic field do these minority college students ask for?
2. What do the Hispanic college students ask Rodriguez to do?
3. How does Rodriguez's father react to his educational accomplishments?
4. How does Rodriguez change his religious practices?
5. What does Rodriguez think of his parents' ideas on religion?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)