|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Profession, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the "scholarship boy" described?
(a) A good son but a troubled student.
(b) A good student but a troubled son.
(c) A good student who is guaranteed to succeed.
(d) A good son who wants to please his parents.
2. What do the students say about Rodriguez?
(a) He is too politically conservative.
(b) He is Mexican, but acts white.
(c) He is a know-it-all.
(d) He seems smart, but acts dumb.
3. Where does Rodriguez find the description of the "scholarship boy"?
(a) In a book about psychology.
(b) In a magazine article about literacy.
(c) In a magazine article about the modern education system.
(d) In a book about literacy.
4. How does Rodriguez change his religious practices?
(a) He goes to mass every day.
(b) He starts praying more regularly.
(c) He stops going to confession and listens to his conscience instead of the priest.
(d) He stops going to mass at all.
5. Where does Rodriguez go for his fellowship?
(d) Mexico City.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Rodriguez's friends affect his religious practices?
2. Why do the new minority students on campus make Rodriguez uneasy?
3. What new academic field do these minority college students ask for?
4. How does Rodriguez's mother react to his educational accomplishments?
5. As Rodriguez moves into college and graduate school, how does his relationship with his parents change?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)