|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Profession, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Rodriguez's parents respond when he wants to go to Stanford?
(a) They brag to everyone about their son, the Stanford student.
(b) They refuse to pay for his education.
(c) They worry about him going so far away.
(d) They are proud of him, but they worry about how expensive it will be for him to go away to school.
2. How does Rodriguez's father react to his educational accomplishments?
(a) He says college is a waste of time.
(b) He throws away Richard's diploma.
(c) He does not care if Richard does well in school.
(d) He teases him, but is still proud of him.
3. What new academic field do these minority college students ask for?
(a) Ethnic studies.
(b) Third world studies.
4. How does Rodriguez describe the changes in the mass that happen as he grows up?
(a) It is more like a community celebration than a prayer.
(b) It becomes less formal.
(c) It becomes more formal and structured.
(d) It is more like a prayer than a community celebration.
5. How does Rodriguez's mother react to his educational accomplishments?
(a) She tries to help him with his homework.
(b) She does not care if he does well in school.
(c) She asks questions and is pleased when he wins awards.
(d) She is embarrassed because her smart son does not speak Spanish well.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the new minority students on campus make Rodriguez uneasy?
2. As Rodriguez moves into college and graduate school, how does his relationship with his parents change?
3. Where does Rodriguez go for his fellowship?
4. What is the Third World Student Movement?
5. How is the "scholarship boy" described?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)