|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Profession, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Third World Student Movement?
(a) Students who come from third world countries to attend school in the United States.
(b) Students who attend college but embrace their cultural heritage instead of sacrificing it.
(c) Students who volunteer in third world countries.
(d) Students who are studying third world countries in college.
2. How does Rodriguez think about the old religious traditions of his childhood?
(a) He thinks those traditions are only suitable for people like his parents.
(b) He thinks they are old-fashioned and silly.
(c) He is glad the traditions have changed.
(d) He misses the ritual.
3. What does Rodriguez think of his parents' ideas on religion?
(a) They are based on good Church teachings.
(b) They are too simple.
(c) They are deep and profound.
(d) They just do what the priest tells them to do.
4. What do the Hispanic college students ask Rodriguez to do?
(a) To give a speech to their student group.
(b) To teach a course in minority literature.
(c) To write them recommendations for graduate school.
(d) To lead a protest.
5. Where does Rodriguez go for his fellowship?
(b) Mexico City.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Rodriguez describe the changes in the mass that happen as he grows up?
2. How does Rodriguez's father react to his educational accomplishments?
3. How do Rodriguez's friends affect his religious practices?
4. What do the students say about Rodriguez?
5. Where does Rodriguez find the description of the "scholarship boy"?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)