|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Profession, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the students say about Rodriguez?
(a) He seems smart, but acts dumb.
(b) He is Mexican, but acts white.
(c) He is too politically conservative.
(d) He is a know-it-all.
2. Where does Rodriguez find the description of the "scholarship boy"?
(a) In a book about psychology.
(b) In a magazine article about the modern education system.
(c) In a magazine article about literacy.
(d) In a book about literacy.
3. How is the "scholarship boy" described?
(a) A good son who wants to please his parents.
(b) A good student who is guaranteed to succeed.
(c) A good student but a troubled son.
(d) A good son but a troubled student.
4. Why do the new minority students on campus make Rodriguez uneasy?
(a) They act like revolutionaries and promote violence.
(b) They celebrate the cultural heritage that he has rejected.
(c) They try to speak to him in Spanish.
(d) They dress funny.
5. What does Rodriguez think of his parents' ideas on religion?
(a) They are based on good Church teachings.
(b) They just do what the priest tells them to do.
(c) They are deep and profound.
(d) They are too simple.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Rodriguez's parents respond when he wants to go to Stanford?
2. In Credo, Chapter 3, what does Rodriguez do to change his ideas about religion?
3. How does Rodriguez think about the old religious traditions of his childhood?
4. How do Rodriguez's friends affect his religious practices?
5. What new academic field do these minority college students ask for?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)