|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Profession, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Rodriguez moves into college and graduate school, how does his relationship with his parents change?
(a) They have even less to say to each other.
(b) They start talking again.
(c) They ask him a lot more questions about his studies.
(d) They argue a lot.
2. What do the Hispanic college students ask Rodriguez to do?
(a) To lead a protest.
(b) To teach a course in minority literature.
(c) To write them recommendations for graduate school.
(d) To give a speech to their student group.
3. How does Rodriguez's father react to his educational accomplishments?
(a) He throws away Richard's diploma.
(b) He does not care if Richard does well in school.
(c) He says college is a waste of time.
(d) He teases him, but is still proud of him.
4. What is the Third World Student Movement?
(a) Students who are studying third world countries in college.
(b) Students who attend college but embrace their cultural heritage instead of sacrificing it.
(c) Students who volunteer in third world countries.
(d) Students who come from third world countries to attend school in the United States.
5. How does Rodriguez change his religious practices?
(a) He starts praying more regularly.
(b) He stops going to mass at all.
(c) He stops going to confession and listens to his conscience instead of the priest.
(d) He goes to mass every day.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the new minority students on campus make Rodriguez uneasy?
2. How does Rodriguez describe the changes in the mass that happen as he grows up?
3. In Credo, Chapter 3, what does Rodriguez do to change his ideas about religion?
4. What new academic field do these minority college students ask for?
5. What does Rodriguez think of his parents' ideas on religion?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)