|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Profession, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Rodriguez find the description of the "scholarship boy"?
(a) In a magazine article about the modern education system.
(b) In a magazine article about literacy.
(c) In a book about psychology.
(d) In a book about literacy.
2. How does Rodriguez describe the changes in the mass that happen as he grows up?
(a) It becomes more formal and structured.
(b) It is more like a prayer than a community celebration.
(c) It is more like a community celebration than a prayer.
(d) It becomes less formal.
3. How do Rodriguez's parents respond when he wants to go to Stanford?
(a) They worry about him going so far away.
(b) They are proud of him, but they worry about how expensive it will be for him to go away to school.
(c) They brag to everyone about their son, the Stanford student.
(d) They refuse to pay for his education.
4. Where does Rodriguez go for his fellowship?
(d) Mexico City.
5. What do the students say about Rodriguez?
(a) He is Mexican, but acts white.
(b) He is a know-it-all.
(c) He seems smart, but acts dumb.
(d) He is too politically conservative.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Hispanic college students ask Rodriguez to do?
2. In Credo, Chapter 3, what does Rodriguez do to change his ideas about religion?
3. How does Rodriguez change his religious practices?
4. As Rodriguez moves into college and graduate school, how does his relationship with his parents change?
5. What does Rodriguez think of his parents' ideas on religion?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)