|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Profession, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Hispanic college students ask Rodriguez to do?
(a) To give a speech to their student group.
(b) To teach a course in minority literature.
(c) To write them recommendations for graduate school.
(d) To lead a protest.
2. Where does Rodriguez find the description of the "scholarship boy"?
(a) In a book about psychology.
(b) In a magazine article about the modern education system.
(c) In a book about literacy.
(d) In a magazine article about literacy.
3. Where does Rodriguez go for his fellowship?
(b) Mexico City.
4. What do the students say about Rodriguez?
(a) He is a know-it-all.
(b) He is Mexican, but acts white.
(c) He is too politically conservative.
(d) He seems smart, but acts dumb.
5. How does Rodriguez change his religious practices?
(a) He starts praying more regularly.
(b) He goes to mass every day.
(c) He stops going to confession and listens to his conscience instead of the priest.
(d) He stops going to mass at all.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Rodriguez moves into college and graduate school, how does his relationship with his parents change?
2. How do Rodriguez's parents respond when he wants to go to Stanford?
3. How does Rodriguez think about the old religious traditions of his childhood?
4. Why do the new minority students on campus make Rodriguez uneasy?
5. What is the Third World Student Movement?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)