|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Profession, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Credo, Chapter 3, what does Rodriguez do to change his ideas about religion?
(a) He studies to be a priest.
(b) He travels to other countries.
(c) He studies theology.
(d) He visits a lot of different churches.
2. How does Rodriguez change his religious practices?
(a) He starts praying more regularly.
(b) He goes to mass every day.
(c) He stops going to confession and listens to his conscience instead of the priest.
(d) He stops going to mass at all.
3. What does Rodriguez think of his parents' ideas on religion?
(a) They just do what the priest tells them to do.
(b) They are based on good Church teachings.
(c) They are deep and profound.
(d) They are too simple.
4. How does Rodriguez describe the changes in the mass that happen as he grows up?
(a) It is more like a prayer than a community celebration.
(b) It is more like a community celebration than a prayer.
(c) It becomes more formal and structured.
(d) It becomes less formal.
5. As Rodriguez moves into college and graduate school, how does his relationship with his parents change?
(a) They argue a lot.
(b) They ask him a lot more questions about his studies.
(c) They start talking again.
(d) They have even less to say to each other.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the "scholarship boy" described?
2. How does Rodriguez think about the old religious traditions of his childhood?
3. How do Rodriguez's friends affect his religious practices?
4. How does Rodriguez's father react to his educational accomplishments?
5. How do Rodriguez's parents respond when he wants to go to Stanford?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)