|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Profession, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the new minority students on campus make Rodriguez uneasy?
(a) They dress funny.
(b) They celebrate the cultural heritage that he has rejected.
(c) They try to speak to him in Spanish.
(d) They act like revolutionaries and promote violence.
2. How does Rodriguez think about the old religious traditions of his childhood?
(a) He thinks they are old-fashioned and silly.
(b) He thinks those traditions are only suitable for people like his parents.
(c) He is glad the traditions have changed.
(d) He misses the ritual.
3. In Credo, Chapter 3, what does Rodriguez do to change his ideas about religion?
(a) He studies to be a priest.
(b) He studies theology.
(c) He visits a lot of different churches.
(d) He travels to other countries.
4. What is the Third World Student Movement?
(a) Students who attend college but embrace their cultural heritage instead of sacrificing it.
(b) Students who come from third world countries to attend school in the United States.
(c) Students who are studying third world countries in college.
(d) Students who volunteer in third world countries.
5. Where does Rodriguez find the description of the "scholarship boy"?
(a) In a book about literacy.
(b) In a magazine article about the modern education system.
(c) In a magazine article about literacy.
(d) In a book about psychology.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rodriguez think of his parents' ideas on religion?
2. What new academic field do these minority college students ask for?
3. Where does Rodriguez go for his fellowship?
4. How does Rodriguez's mother react to his educational accomplishments?
5. How is the "scholarship boy" described?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)