|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Profession, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the "scholarship boy" described?
(a) A good student who is guaranteed to succeed.
(b) A good student but a troubled son.
(c) A good son who wants to please his parents.
(d) A good son but a troubled student.
2. How do Rodriguez's parents respond when he wants to go to Stanford?
(a) They worry about him going so far away.
(b) They are proud of him, but they worry about how expensive it will be for him to go away to school.
(c) They refuse to pay for his education.
(d) They brag to everyone about their son, the Stanford student.
3. What does Rodriguez think of his parents' ideas on religion?
(a) They just do what the priest tells them to do.
(b) They are deep and profound.
(c) They are too simple.
(d) They are based on good Church teachings.
4. How does Rodriguez's father react to his educational accomplishments?
(a) He says college is a waste of time.
(b) He teases him, but is still proud of him.
(c) He throws away Richard's diploma.
(d) He does not care if Richard does well in school.
5. How does Rodriguez think about the old religious traditions of his childhood?
(a) He misses the ritual.
(b) He thinks those traditions are only suitable for people like his parents.
(c) He is glad the traditions have changed.
(d) He thinks they are old-fashioned and silly.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Rodriguez go for his fellowship?
2. In Credo, Chapter 3, what does Rodriguez do to change his ideas about religion?
3. What is the Third World Student Movement?
4. What do the students say about Rodriguez?
5. Why do the new minority students on campus make Rodriguez uneasy?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)