|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Profession, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the new minority students on campus make Rodriguez uneasy?
(a) They act like revolutionaries and promote violence.
(b) They dress funny.
(c) They try to speak to him in Spanish.
(d) They celebrate the cultural heritage that he has rejected.
2. How do Rodriguez's friends affect his religious practices?
(a) His friends are all non-religious.
(b) His friends want him to go to mass with them every day.
(c) His friends all practice different religions.
(d) His friends are all non-Catholic.
3. What do the students say about Rodriguez?
(a) He is a know-it-all.
(b) He is Mexican, but acts white.
(c) He is too politically conservative.
(d) He seems smart, but acts dumb.
4. How does Rodriguez describe the changes in the mass that happen as he grows up?
(a) It becomes more formal and structured.
(b) It is more like a prayer than a community celebration.
(c) It becomes less formal.
(d) It is more like a community celebration than a prayer.
5. What is the Third World Student Movement?
(a) Students who volunteer in third world countries.
(b) Students who attend college but embrace their cultural heritage instead of sacrificing it.
(c) Students who are studying third world countries in college.
(d) Students who come from third world countries to attend school in the United States.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rodriguez think of his parents' ideas on religion?
2. Where does Rodriguez go for his fellowship?
3. How does Rodriguez's father react to his educational accomplishments?
4. How does Rodriguez change his religious practices?
5. What do the Hispanic college students ask Rodriguez to do?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)