|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Profession, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rodriguez think of his parents' ideas on religion?
(a) They are deep and profound.
(b) They are based on good Church teachings.
(c) They just do what the priest tells them to do.
(d) They are too simple.
2. What new academic field do these minority college students ask for?
(c) Ethnic studies.
(d) Third world studies.
3. What is the Third World Student Movement?
(a) Students who attend college but embrace their cultural heritage instead of sacrificing it.
(b) Students who volunteer in third world countries.
(c) Students who come from third world countries to attend school in the United States.
(d) Students who are studying third world countries in college.
4. What do the students say about Rodriguez?
(a) He is too politically conservative.
(b) He is a know-it-all.
(c) He seems smart, but acts dumb.
(d) He is Mexican, but acts white.
5. Where does Rodriguez go for his fellowship?
(c) Mexico City.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Rodriguez moves into college and graduate school, how does his relationship with his parents change?
2. How does Rodriguez think about the old religious traditions of his childhood?
3. Where does Rodriguez find the description of the "scholarship boy"?
4. How do Rodriguez's friends affect his religious practices?
5. How is the "scholarship boy" described?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)