|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Profession, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rodriguez think of his parents' ideas on religion?
(a) They are based on good Church teachings.
(b) They just do what the priest tells them to do.
(c) They are too simple.
(d) They are deep and profound.
2. How does Rodriguez's father react to his educational accomplishments?
(a) He does not care if Richard does well in school.
(b) He throws away Richard's diploma.
(c) He says college is a waste of time.
(d) He teases him, but is still proud of him.
3. What new academic field do these minority college students ask for?
(c) Third world studies.
(d) Ethnic studies.
4. How is the "scholarship boy" described?
(a) A good student who is guaranteed to succeed.
(b) A good student but a troubled son.
(c) A good son who wants to please his parents.
(d) A good son but a troubled student.
5. As Rodriguez moves into college and graduate school, how does his relationship with his parents change?
(a) They argue a lot.
(b) They start talking again.
(c) They have even less to say to each other.
(d) They ask him a lot more questions about his studies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Rodriguez go for his fellowship?
2. What is the Third World Student Movement?
3. How does Rodriguez think about the old religious traditions of his childhood?
4. What do the students say about Rodriguez?
5. Where does Rodriguez find the description of the "scholarship boy"?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)