|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Profession, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Rodriguez's mother react to his educational accomplishments?
(a) She is embarrassed because her smart son does not speak Spanish well.
(b) She tries to help him with his homework.
(c) She does not care if he does well in school.
(d) She asks questions and is pleased when he wins awards.
2. What does Rodriguez think of his parents' ideas on religion?
(a) They are based on good Church teachings.
(b) They are too simple.
(c) They are deep and profound.
(d) They just do what the priest tells them to do.
3. How does Rodriguez think about the old religious traditions of his childhood?
(a) He is glad the traditions have changed.
(b) He thinks they are old-fashioned and silly.
(c) He misses the ritual.
(d) He thinks those traditions are only suitable for people like his parents.
4. How does Rodriguez describe the changes in the mass that happen as he grows up?
(a) It becomes more formal and structured.
(b) It is more like a prayer than a community celebration.
(c) It becomes less formal.
(d) It is more like a community celebration than a prayer.
5. How do Rodriguez's parents respond when he wants to go to Stanford?
(a) They are proud of him, but they worry about how expensive it will be for him to go away to school.
(b) They refuse to pay for his education.
(c) They brag to everyone about their son, the Stanford student.
(d) They worry about him going so far away.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Third World Student Movement?
2. Where does Rodriguez go for his fellowship?
3. As Rodriguez moves into college and graduate school, how does his relationship with his parents change?
4. What new academic field do these minority college students ask for?
5. How is the "scholarship boy" described?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)