|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "A horse! A horse! My kingdom for a horse!"?
2. When the guard call Richard "the King," What does he quickly amend his words to be?
3. Who tells Richard that he has a duty to the people and the court to become king?
4. Near what city does Act V, scene ii take place?
5. What does Elizabeth ask Margaret to teach her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is Queen Margaret's curse, and how is it fulfilled throughout the play? Use examples from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Using examples from the text to support your answer, discuss the importance of symbolism in the play. Make specific references to specific symbols and their importance.
Essay Topic 3
Is Richard the hero or the villain of the play? Use examples from the play to support your answer.
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)