|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Elizabeth agree to let her daughter marry?
2. Why is Richmond interested in taking the throne of England?
3. Who does the Mayor promise to tell of Hastings' treason?
4. Where does Margaret remain hidden during the action?
5. Who does Richard want to slay on the battlefield?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is supernatural in the play? Using specific examples from the play, detail the role that the supernatural plays in Richard the III.
Essay Topic 2
How does Richard manipulate the audience and the other characters in the play? Use specific examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
What are the three types of irony? How, and to what effect, does Shakespeare use them in this play? Use specific examples to support your answer.
This section contains 150 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)