|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How far from Richard are Richmond's troops when he receives Stanley's letter?
2. How long does it take to write the indictment for Hastings?
3. Who goes to fetch Anne to be crowned Richard's queen?
4. What needs to happen for Margaret's vengeance to be complete?
5. Who is the only person to speak in Act III, scene vi?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is Shakespeare's attitude towards Richard? Cite specific examples from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
What is Queen Margaret's curse, and how is it fulfilled throughout the play? Use examples from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
What are the three types of irony? How, and to what effect, does Shakespeare use them in this play? Use specific examples to support your answer.
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)