|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What day is Buckingham executed on?
2. The words "naught" and "thought" are what?
3. Who advises Richard to leave the battlefield and not fight on foot?
4. What does Richard do to Clarence's daughter?
5. Who can be tempted to do anything for money?
Essay Topic 1
Using examples from the text to support your answer, why does Shakespeare have scenes with commoners in them? Do these scenes broaden the scope of the play?
Essay Topic 2
What is Shakespeare's attitude towards Richard? Cite specific examples from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
What are the three types of irony? How, and to what effect, does Shakespeare use them in this play? Use specific examples to support your answer.
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)