|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the people's reaction when Buckingham gave his speech?
2. Who is the only person to speak in Act III, scene vi?
3. Who tells Richard that "blood will be his end?"
4. When the guard call Richard "the King," What does he quickly amend his words to be?
5. Where does Act III, scence vi take place?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Buckingham and Hastings. How are their concepts of loyalty different or similar to each other? How does each character's concept of loyalty lead them to their execution? Support your answer with examples from the text.
Essay Topic 2
Is Richard the hero or the villain of the play? Use examples from the play to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Using examples from the text to support your answer, why does Shakespeare have scenes with commoners in them? Do these scenes broaden the scope of the play?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)