|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Richard that he has a duty to the people and the court to become king?
2. Based on his actions on the battlefield, what is Richard's top priority?
3. When is Richard's coronation after the meeting with Richard, Buckingham and the Mayor?
4. Which member of Stanley's family is Richard holding hostage?
5. Where is Buckingham executed?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Using examples from the text to support your answer, explain how the characters in Richard the III are self-aware.
Essay Topic 2
Using Margaret, Richard, and the young princes as examples, discuss the importance of how the characters express themselves in words, and what that means for the future.
Essay Topic 3
What makes a weak or strong character? Which type of character is Lady Anne? Cite examples from the play to support your answer.
This section contains 169 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)