|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Buckingham talk to right before his execution?
2. Why does Buckingham believe he is being executed?
3. Based on his actions on the battlefield, what is Richard's top priority?
4. Who does the Mayor promise to tell of Hastings' treason?
5. How long does it take to write the indictment for Hastings?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is Queen Margaret's curse, and how is it fulfilled throughout the play? Use examples from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Using examples from the text to support your answer, why does Shakespeare have scenes with commoners in them? Do these scenes broaden the scope of the play?
Essay Topic 3
What makes a weak or strong character? Which type of character is Lady Anne? Cite examples from the play to support your answer.
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)