|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Margaret plan to go when most of her curse is fulfilled?
2. What does the indictment for Hastings label him as?
3. What do Richard and Buckingham tell the Mayor that Hastings' crime is?
4. Where does Buckingham say Richard is when the Mayor comes to the court of Baynard's Castle?
5. When the guard call Richard "the King," What does he quickly amend his words to be?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is supernatural in the play? Using specific examples from the play, detail the role that the supernatural plays in Richard the III.
Essay Topic 2
Who are the mothers in the play? What is their role? Use examples from the play to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
What is the relationship between the ruler and the state in this play? How does it change based on who is the ruler? Use specific examples to support your answer.
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)