|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What needs to happen for Margaret's vengeance to be complete?
2. Elizabeth is distressed at the news that Richard is being crowned King and urges Dorset to go where?
3. What does Margaret say will teach Elizabeth what she wants?
4. What day is Buckingham executed on?
5. Who does Richard tell to spread a rumor that his wife is ill?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Buckingham and Hastings. How are their concepts of loyalty different or similar to each other? How does each character's concept of loyalty lead them to their execution? Support your answer with examples from the text.
Essay Topic 2
Using examples from the text to support your answer, explain how the characters in Richard the III are self-aware.
Essay Topic 3
What are the three types of irony? How, and to what effect, does Shakespeare use them in this play? Use specific examples to support your answer.
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)