|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the guard call Richard "the King," What does he quickly amend his words to be?
2. Richard tries to lift his troops' spirits by pointing out that his army is how many times larger than Richmond's army?
3. Which member of Stanley's family is Richard holding hostage?
4. What does Richard say makes him want to hide from greatness?
5. Where does Act III, scence vi take place?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the motivations of Richard and Richmond? How are their motivations similar or different? How do they translate into action? Support your answer with examples from the play.
Essay Topic 2
What is supernatural in the play? Using specific examples from the play, detail the role that the supernatural plays in Richard the III.
Essay Topic 3
Using examples from the text to support your answer, discuss the importance of symbolism in the play. Make specific references to specific symbols and their importance.
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)