|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Richard tell to spread a rumor that his wife is ill?
2. How does Richard feel about the crowd's reaction to Buckingham's speech?
3. What was the people's reaction when Buckingham gave his speech?
4. What does Margaret say will teach Elizabeth what she wants?
5. Who tells Richard that he has a duty to the people and the court to become king?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the relationship between the ruler and the state in this play? How does it change based on who is the ruler? Use specific examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Using examples from the text to support your answer, discuss the importance of symbolism in the play. Make specific references to specific symbols and their importance.
Essay Topic 3
Using examples from the play, discuss the importance of family and lineage to the characters. How is it portrayed throughout the play and how does it affect the plot?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)