Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Act II, scene iii taking place?
2. Where does Richard eventually order Henry's body be taken?
3. What is the name of the bishop who gathers with Hastings, Stanley, and Buckingham to discuss Edward's coronation date?
4. What is the King's initial reaction when Richard announces that Clarence is dead?
5. How is Clarence murdered?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Richard deflect the attention from his misdeeds when he enters the King's room?
2. What story does Richard want Buckingham to tell the people about Edward's sons and Edward?
3. Before he dies, what does Grey say about Margaret's curse?
4. Why does Richard want to spread a rumor about Anne's health?
5. Why are the women frightened when they try and go see the young princes in the Tower?
6. What do Richard and Buckingham tell the Mayor when they meet him for the first time at the Tower?
7. What does Richmond say his reign as king will accomplish?
8. After Hastings refuses to be on Richard's side, who does Richard accuse of using witchcraft against him, and how did they use it?
9. What does Richmond do for Richard's soldiers?
10. What does the imagery in Clarence's dream suggest?
What is Queen Margaret's curse, and how is it fulfilled throughout the play? Use examples from the text to support your answer.
What are the three types of irony? How, and to what effect, does Shakespeare use them in this play? Use specific examples to support your answer.
Using Margaret, Richard, and the young princes as examples, discuss the importance of how the characters express themselves in words, and what that means for the future.
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)