|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Over how long in actual history do the play's events take place?
2. Where does Richard send Anne when the funeral is over?
3. Where does Richard promise to Anne that Henry will be buried?
4. What is the name of the Lord the three men who are about to be put to death criticize?
5. Who does Anne say killed the physical bodies of Henry and Edward of Wales?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does York say that he does not want to grow quickly, and what is the Duchess' response?
2. What does Clarence hope for out of his death?
3. Why does Richard want to spread a rumor about Anne's health?
4. How do the children know that the Duchess of York is lying to them?
5. Why does Buckingham say he and Richard should not stay behind while the others go to fetch King Edward's heir from Ludlow?
6. What does Richmond say his reign as king will accomplish?
7. Why are the women frightened when they try and go see the young princes in the Tower?
8. Why is Margaret gloating over Elizabeth's misery?
9. Why is Richard worried that the Mayor will not meet with him a second time?
10. What are the two types of things that the ghosts say to Richard and Richmond?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Richard manipulate the audience and the other characters in the play? Use specific examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Who are the mothers in the play? What is their role? Use examples from the play to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
What are the motivations of Richard and Richmond? How are their motivations similar or different? How do they translate into action? Support your answer with examples from the play.
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)