|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of person does Richard want to be?
2. Which two Houses were involved in the recent war?
3. What do the assassins do after they murder Clarence?
4. What is the name of Richard's second brother?
5. Why does King Edward want Richard, Lord Hastings, and Elizabeth's brothers to make peace?
Short Essay Questions
1. What story does Richard want Buckingham to tell the people about Edward's sons and Edward?
2. What is Richard's reason for wanting chaos in England?
3. What is the importance of Clarence speaking with the assassins?
4. What does Rivers lament over before his execution?
5. What does the imagery in Clarence's dream suggest?
6. Once the messenger comes and tells Elizabeth and the other women that Grey and Rivers have been arrested, what does Elizabeth see happening?
7. Why do the others in the room think Margaret is mad, after she curses them all?
8. What does Buckingham believe he is being punished for at his execution?
9. Why does Buckingham fall out of favor with Richard?
10. After Tyrrel confirms that the two princes were killed, what does Richard state?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is Richard's heraldic emblem? What does it symbolize? What is the importance of this symbol to the play?
Essay Topic 2
How does Richard's personality change over time? Use examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Using Margaret, Richard, and the young princes as examples, discuss the importance of how the characters express themselves in words, and what that means for the future.
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)