|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which two Houses were involved in the recent war?
2. Where is Richard from?
3. In the dream, what does Richard do when Clarence tries to steady him?
4. Who calls Richard the devil and curses him for killing her husband and son?
5. Who is Stanley loyal to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the imagery in Clarence's dream suggest?
2. What does Clarence hope for out of his death?
3. Why is Anne regretting having married Richard?
4. Why is the king angry after hearing of Clarence's death?
5. How do the children know that the Duchess of York is lying to them?
6. What story does Richard want Buckingham to tell the people about Edward's sons and Edward?
7. How is Edward's punishment of Clarence his own doing, and not Richard's fault?
8. Why do the others in the room think Margaret is mad, after she curses them all?
9. Why does Stanley tell Christopher that he cannot support Richmond?
10. Why does Catesby think that Hastings and Stanley will not follow Richard?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is Queen Margaret's curse, and how is it fulfilled throughout the play? Use examples from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
What is justice? When is justice done in the play and to whom? Support your answer with examples from the text.
Essay Topic 3
What is the relationship between the ruler and the state in this play? How does it change based on who is the ruler? Use specific examples to support your answer.
This section contains 1,092 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)