|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the bishop who gathers with Hastings, Stanley, and Buckingham to discuss Edward's coronation date?
2. What quality in Richard is Anne impressed when he promises to oversee Henry's burial?
3. Who do Lovell and Ratcliffe lead away to be executed?
4. What does Richard say is the cause of Henry and Edward's deaths?
5. Who does Hastings believe is responsible for his earlier imprisonment?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the children know that the Duchess of York is lying to them?
2. What is Margaret's curse?
3. Why does the Mayor end up begging for Richard to become king?
4. What story does Richard want Buckingham to tell the people about Edward's sons and Edward?
5. Why is Margaret gloating over Elizabeth's misery?
6. Why does Buckingham say he and Richard should not stay behind while the others go to fetch King Edward's heir from Ludlow?
7. What does Richmond's speech to his soldiers show he is interested in?
8. What do Richard's remarks at the opening of the play mean?
9. What happens at the end of the dream Clarence has while he is in prison?
10. What does the scrivener think about Richard's actions?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Using examples from the text to support your answer, discuss the importance of symbolism in the play. Make specific references to specific symbols and their importance.
Essay Topic 2
What is Queen Margaret's curse, and how is it fulfilled throughout the play? Use examples from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Using Margaret, Richard, and the young princes as examples, discuss the importance of how the characters express themselves in words, and what that means for the future.
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)