|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Hastings believe is responsible for his earlier imprisonment?
2. What is the name of King Henry IV's queen?
3. What is the name of the Lord the three men who are about to be put to death criticize?
4. When Clarence is dead, he sees an unknown person that he killed where?
5. What does Anne hope will happen to Richard's children if he gets married?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the scrivener think about Richard's actions?
2. What is Richard's reason for wanting chaos in England?
3. What does Richmond do for Richard's soldiers?
4. What story does Richard want Buckingham to tell the people about Edward's sons and Edward?
5. What happens to the two men when they go to kill the young princes in the Tower?
6. Why is Buckingham's earlier claim, that York is too young to understand sanctuary and therefore cannot claim it, ridiculous?
7. What is surprising about Stanely's announcement that Elizabeth is letting her daughter marry Richmond?
8. Why is the king angry after hearing of Clarence's death?
9. What does Richard's famous line "A horse! A horse! My kingdom for a horse!" show?
10. What does Rivers lament over before his execution?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the three types of irony? How, and to what effect, does Shakespeare use them in this play? Use specific examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
What makes a weak or strong character? Which type of character is Lady Anne? Cite examples from the play to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Using examples from the text to support your answer, explain how the characters in Richard the III are self-aware.
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)