|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the king's order to kill Clarence a result of?
2. What type of person does Anne think Richard is?
3. Why does King Edward want Richard, Lord Hastings, and Elizabeth's brothers to make peace?
4. Which two Houses were involved in the recent war?
5. When Grey, Rivers and Vaughan are about to be put to death, who do they ask to be appeased so their families will be spared?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Anne's wish for Richard, while she is mourning her husband's and father-in-law's deaths?
2. What are the two types of things that the ghosts say to Richard and Richmond?
3. What does Richmond say his reign as king will accomplish?
4. Why is Richard worried that the Mayor will not meet with him a second time?
5. How does Richard try and lift his men's spirits at Bosworth's field?
6. Why does the Mayor end up begging for Richard to become king?
7. Why does Buckingham say he and Richard should not stay behind while the others go to fetch King Edward's heir from Ludlow?
8. Why does Richard want to spread a rumor about Anne's health?
9. Why do the citizens on the street worry about the country, now that the king is dead?
10. Once the parties in the king's presence have all reconciled themselves with each other, what does the queen suggest?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Buckingham and Hastings. How are their concepts of loyalty different or similar to each other? How does each character's concept of loyalty lead them to their execution? Support your answer with examples from the text.
Essay Topic 2
How does Richard manipulate the audience and the other characters in the play? Use specific examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Using examples from the text to support your answer, discuss the importance of symbolism in the play. Make specific references to specific symbols and their importance.
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)