|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Act II, scene iii taking place?
2. What does Richard give Anne after she doesn't kill him?
3. What do Dorset and Rivers advise the queen to do?
4. Where does Richard advise Edward to stay until his coronation?
5. Where does Richard eventually order Henry's body be taken?
Short Essay Questions
1. After Hastings refuses to be on Richard's side, who does Richard accuse of using witchcraft against him, and how did they use it?
2. Why do the citizens on the street worry about the country, now that the king is dead?
3. Why are the women frightened when they try and go see the young princes in the Tower?
4. Why is Richard worried that the Mayor will not meet with him a second time?
5. How does Richard get Anne to not be furious with him?
6. Why does Buckingham say he and Richard should not stay behind while the others go to fetch King Edward's heir from Ludlow?
7. Why is the king angry after hearing of Clarence's death?
8. How do the children know that the Duchess of York is lying to them?
9. Why does York say that he does not want to grow quickly, and what is the Duchess' response?
10. Why does Buckingham fall out of favor with Richard?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Using examples from the text to support your answer, explain how the characters in Richard the III are self-aware.
Essay Topic 2
Who are the mothers in the play? What is their role? Use examples from the play to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
What is the relationship between the ruler and the state in this play? How does it change based on who is the ruler? Use specific examples to support your answer.
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)