|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Richard offer to Anne so that she can kill him?
2. What does the queen do when Richard announces Clarence's death?
3. Why does Richard say that Clarence was killed?
4. What is the name of Richard's second brother?
5. What does Richard say bore the King's countermand?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the children know that the Duchess of York is lying to them?
2. How does Richard deflect the attention from his misdeeds when he enters the King's room?
3. How does the third citizen describe the queen's brothers?
4. Why does Catesby think that Hastings and Stanley will not follow Richard?
5. What was the dream that Stanley had, and sent a report of, by messenger, to Hastings?
6. Why are the women frightened when they try and go see the young princes in the Tower?
7. What does Richard want to do with a horse, if he could gain one after his is slain?
8. What do Richard and Buckingham tell the Mayor when they meet him for the first time at the Tower?
9. In the opening soliloquy, what is Richard's wish?
10. Why is Anne regretting having married Richard?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the three types of irony? How, and to what effect, does Shakespeare use them in this play? Use specific examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
How does Richard's personality change over time? Use examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
What is supernatural in the play? Using specific examples from the play, detail the role that the supernatural plays in Richard the III.
This section contains 1,074 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)