|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does the Bishop suggest that Edward be coronated?
2. Who comes into Clarence's cell when Clarence is sleeping?
3. Who is the situation in England left to according to the three speakers in Act II, scene iii?
4. Who asks God that Rivers, Dorset and Lord Hastings die young?
5. How is Clarence murdered?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Richard not blame Margaret for her anger towards him and the others?
2. What was the dream that Stanley had, and sent a report of, by messenger, to Hastings?
3. Why is the king confused when he hears Clarence has been killed?
4. How does Richard deflect the attention from his misdeeds when he enters the King's room?
5. Why does Catesby think that Hastings and Stanley will not follow Richard?
6. Why are the women frightened when they try and go see the young princes in the Tower?
7. After Hastings is arrested, and ordered to be beheaded, what does he say?
8. Once the parties in the king's presence have all reconciled themselves with each other, what does the queen suggest?
9. How does Richard get Anne to not be furious with him?
10. Why is the king angry after hearing of Clarence's death?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Buckingham and Hastings. How are their concepts of loyalty different or similar to each other? How does each character's concept of loyalty lead them to their execution? Support your answer with examples from the text.
Essay Topic 2
Is Richard the hero or the villain of the play? Use examples from the play to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
What are the motivations of Richard and Richmond? How are their motivations similar or different? How do they translate into action? Support your answer with examples from the play.
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)