|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are Grey, Rivers and Vaughan brought to be put to death?
2. What is the name of Richard's second brother?
3. What is the name of the Prince who is returning to court to be crowned king?
4. Where does Elizabeth flee to with her son?
5. What is the name of Hastings' mistress that Richard claims caused his deformation?
Short Essay Questions
1. Once the parties in the king's presence have all reconciled themselves with each other, what does the queen suggest?
2. Why is Richard worried that the Mayor will not meet with him a second time?
3. Why is the king confused when he hears Clarence has been killed?
4. What is Richard's reason for wanting chaos in England?
5. Why is Richard gloating over giving Anne his ring?
6. Why is Richmond confident that they will beat Richard?
7. Why does Stanley tell Christopher that he cannot support Richmond?
8. Why does Buckingham say he and Richard should not stay behind while the others go to fetch King Edward's heir from Ludlow?
9. Why do the others in the room think Margaret is mad, after she curses them all?
10. What happens to the two men when they go to kill the young princes in the Tower?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who are the mothers in the play? What is their role? Use examples from the play to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Using examples from the text to support your answer, explain how the characters in Richard the III are self-aware.
Essay Topic 3
Using examples from the text to support your answer, why does Shakespeare have scenes with commoners in them? Do these scenes broaden the scope of the play?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)