|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the king's heir staying before being brought to London?
2. How many councils do Stanley and Hastings believe will be held?
3. What is the name of Hastings' mistress that Richard claims caused his deformation?
4. Who goes to Hastings with a message from Stanley at 4 o'clock in the morning?
5. Where are Grey, Rivers and Vaughan brought to be put to death?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the importance of Clarence speaking with the assassins?
2. What is surprising about Stanely's announcement that Elizabeth is letting her daughter marry Richmond?
3. How does the third citizen describe the queen's brothers?
4. What does Buckingham believe he is being punished for at his execution?
5. What does Clarence hope for out of his death?
6. Why does Stanley tell Christopher that he cannot support Richmond?
7. Why is the king confused when he hears Clarence has been killed?
8. What does the imagery in Clarence's dream suggest?
9. What happens when Anne orders that the coffin of her husband be taken to be buried?
10. Why does Richard not blame Margaret for her anger towards him and the others?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1Using examples from the text to support your answer, explain how the characters in Richard the III are self-aware.
Essay Topic 2Compare and contrast Buckingham and Hastings. How are their concepts of loyalty different or similar to each other? How does each character's concept of loyalty lead them to their execution? Support your answer with examples from the text.
Essay Topic 3Using examples from the play, discuss the importance of family and lineage to the characters. How is it portrayed throughout the play and how does it affect the plot?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)