|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which two Houses were involved in the recent war?
2. Who will be made guardian of the new king if King Edward dies?
3. How is the Duchess of York related to Clarence's son and daughter?
4. When the King asks for Elizabeth and the other men, who does Richard hand behind to speak with?
5. How many times did Hastings' horse stumble on the way to the Tower?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Richard deflect the attention from his misdeeds when he enters the King's room?
2. After Hastings is arrested, and ordered to be beheaded, what does he say?
3. Once the parties in the king's presence have all reconciled themselves with each other, what does the queen suggest?
4. What happens when Anne orders that the coffin of her husband be taken to be buried?
5. Why do the citizens on the street worry about the country, now that the king is dead?
6. What happens at the end of the dream Clarence has while he is in prison?
7. What does Buckingham believe he is being punished for at his execution?
8. Why do the others in the room think Margaret is mad, after she curses them all?
9. How do the king's actions show that he knows the destructiveness of in fighting?
10. Once the messenger comes and tells Elizabeth and the other women that Grey and Rivers have been arrested, what does Elizabeth see happening?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Richard manipulate the audience and the other characters in the play? Use specific examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
What is Shakespeare's attitude towards Richard? Cite specific examples from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Using examples from the text to support your answer, explain how the characters in Richard the III are self-aware.
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)