|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Richard say is the cause of Henry and Edward's deaths?
2. Where does Richard send Anne when the funeral is over?
3. Who does Anne say killed the physical bodies of Henry and Edward of Wales?
4. What do the people think of Margaret when she calls Richard a villain?
5. Who says, "Cry woe for this hereafter." before they die?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the scrivener think about Richard's actions?
2. What does Richard's famous line "A horse! A horse! My kingdom for a horse!" show?
3. Why is Anne regretting having married Richard?
4. Before he dies, what does Grey say about Margaret's curse?
5. What is surprising about Stanely's announcement that Elizabeth is letting her daughter marry Richmond?
6. Why is Richard worried that the Mayor will not meet with him a second time?
7. What does Rivers lament over before his execution?
8. Why does Buckingham say he and Richard should not stay behind while the others go to fetch King Edward's heir from Ludlow?
9. In the opening soliloquy, what is Richard's wish?
10. What does Richard want to do with a horse, if he could gain one after his is slain?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What makes a weak or strong character? Which type of character is Lady Anne? Cite examples from the play to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Using examples from the text to support your answer, discuss the importance of symbolism in the play. Make specific references to specific symbols and their importance.
Essay Topic 3
Using examples from the text to support your answer, why does Shakespeare have scenes with commoners in them? Do these scenes broaden the scope of the play?
This section contains 1,021 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)