|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are Grey, Rivers and Vaughan brought to be put to death?
2. Who does Richard plan to marry when he finds out that the King is ill?
3. Why does Richard say he cannot be loved?
4. What does Anne hope will happen to Richard's children if he gets married?
5. Who is Queen in Act I, scene iii?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Clarence hope for out of his death?
2. What happens when Anne orders that the coffin of her husband be taken to be buried?
3. What does Richmond's speech to his soldiers show he is interested in?
4. Why is Margaret gloating over Elizabeth's misery?
5. After Hastings is arrested, and ordered to be beheaded, what does he say?
6. How does Richard try and lift his men's spirits at Bosworth's field?
7. in Act 5, Scene 1, how is Buckingham getting justice?
8. Why is the king angry after hearing of Clarence's death?
9. Why does the Mayor end up begging for Richard to become king?
10. How does Richard deflect the attention from his misdeeds when he enters the King's room?
Essay Topic 1
Using examples from the text to support your answer, explain how the characters in Richard the III are self-aware.
Essay Topic 2
Using examples from the text to support your answer, why does Shakespeare have scenes with commoners in them? Do these scenes broaden the scope of the play?
Essay Topic 3
Who are the mothers in the play? What is their role? Use examples from the play to support your answer.
This section contains 1,122 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)