|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Clarence's dream foretelling?
2. Where does Stanley suggest that he and Hastings flee to?
3. What is the given name of the Duke of Clarence?
4. Who says, "Cry woe for this hereafter." before they die?
5. Who do Lovell and Ratcliffe lead away to be executed?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Richard get Anne to not be furious with him?
2. Before he dies, what does Grey say about Margaret's curse?
3. Why does Richard not blame Margaret for her anger towards him and the others?
4. What story does Richard want Buckingham to tell the people about Edward's sons and Edward?
5. Once the parties in the king's presence have all reconciled themselves with each other, what does the queen suggest?
6. What are the two types of things that the ghosts say to Richard and Richmond?
7. What does Buckingham believe he is being punished for at his execution?
8. What does Richmond do for Richard's soldiers?
9. What happens to the two men when they go to kill the young princes in the Tower?
10. What do Richard's remarks at the opening of the play mean?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Using examples from the text to support your answer, discuss the importance of symbolism in the play. Make specific references to specific symbols and their importance.
Essay Topic 2
Is Richard the hero or the villain of the play? Use examples from the play to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Using examples from the text to support your answer, why does Shakespeare have scenes with commoners in them? Do these scenes broaden the scope of the play?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)