Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Act II, scene iii taking place?
2. Where does Richard eventually order Henry's body be taken?
3. What is the name of the bishop who gathers with Hastings, Stanley, and Buckingham to discuss Edward's coronation date?
4. What is the King's initial reaction when Richard announces that Clarence is dead?
5. How is Clarence murdered?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Richard deflect the attention from his misdeeds when he enters the King's room?
2. What story does Richard want Buckingham to tell the people about Edward's sons and Edward?
3. Before he dies, what does Grey say about Margaret's curse?
4. Why does Richard want to spread a rumor about Anne's health?
5. Why are the women frightened when they try and go see the young princes in the Tower?
6. What do Richard and Buckingham tell the Mayor when they meet him for the first time at the Tower?
7. What does Richmond say his reign as king will accomplish?
8. After Hastings refuses to be on Richard's side, who does Richard accuse of using witchcraft against him, and how did they use it?
9. What does Richmond do for Richard's soldiers?
10. What does the imagery in Clarence's dream suggest?
What makes a weak or strong character? Which type of character is Lady Anne? Cite examples from the play to support your answer.
Compare and contrast Buckingham and Hastings. How are their concepts of loyalty different or similar to each other? How does each character's concept of loyalty lead them to their execution? Support your answer with examples from the text.
What is supernatural in the play? Using specific examples from the play, detail the role that the supernatural plays in Richard the III.
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)