|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Before Grey dies, he comments that whose curse is coming true?
2. What type of person does Anne think Richard is?
3. Who does Clarence initially believe ordered his death?
4. What is the name of Richard's second brother?
5. What does Stanley dream ripped a helm from his head?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to the two men when they go to kill the young princes in the Tower?
2. Why does Catesby think that Hastings and Stanley will not follow Richard?
3. What happens at the end of the dream Clarence has while he is in prison?
4. Why does Buckingham fall out of favor with Richard?
5. Why does Stanley tell Christopher that he cannot support Richmond?
6. After Hastings refuses to be on Richard's side, who does Richard accuse of using witchcraft against him, and how did they use it?
7. Why do the others in the room think Margaret is mad, after she curses them all?
8. Why is the king angry after hearing of Clarence's death?
9. Why is Buckingham's earlier claim, that York is too young to understand sanctuary and therefore cannot claim it, ridiculous?
10. Why is Anne regretting having married Richard?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Richard's personality change over time? Use examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
How does the physical appearance of Richard symbolize his mental abilities? Cite examples from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Who are the mothers in the play? What is their role? Use examples from the play to support your answer.
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)