|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. A messenger comes to the Duchess of York and Queen Elizabeth and tells them that Grey and who were arrested?
2. Who does the Queen say King Edward should reconcile with since everyone has reconciled with him?
3. What did the young Duke of York say grow slowly according to Richard?
4. When Clarence is dead, he sees an unknown person that he killed where?
5. What do the people think of Margaret when she calls Richard a villain?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Richmond's speech to his soldiers show he is interested in?
2. What does Richard want to do with a horse, if he could gain one after his is slain?
3. After Tyrrel confirms that the two princes were killed, what does Richard state?
4. After Hastings refuses to be on Richard's side, who does Richard accuse of using witchcraft against him, and how did they use it?
5. What does Clarence hope for out of his death?
6. How is Edward's punishment of Clarence his own doing, and not Richard's fault?
7. Why is Margaret gloating over Elizabeth's misery?
8. What is Margaret's curse?
9. Why does Buckingham say he and Richard should not stay behind while the others go to fetch King Edward's heir from Ludlow?
10. What do Richard and Buckingham tell the Mayor when they meet him for the first time at the Tower?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Using examples from the text to support your answer, explain how the characters in Richard the III are self-aware.
Essay Topic 2
What is supernatural in the play? Using specific examples from the play, detail the role that the supernatural plays in Richard the III.
Essay Topic 3
Using examples from the play, discuss the importance of family and lineage to the characters. How is it portrayed throughout the play and how does it affect the plot?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)