|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who orders the arrest of Grey and his companion?
2. The woman Richard plans to marry is the widow of whom?
3. A messenger comes to the Duchess of York and Queen Elizabeth and tells them that Grey and who were arrested?
4. Who made the prophecy that G of Edward's heirs would murder him?
5. How many times did Hastings' horse stumble on the way to the Tower?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Richmond confident that they will beat Richard?
2. What does Richmond say his reign as king will accomplish?
3. Why do the citizens on the street worry about the country, now that the king is dead?
4. What does Buckingham believe he is being punished for at his execution?
5. What is Richard's reason for wanting chaos in England?
6. What are the two types of things that the ghosts say to Richard and Richmond?
7. What does Clarence hope for out of his death?
8. What do Richard's remarks at the opening of the play mean?
9. What is Margaret's curse?
10. Why is Anne regretting having married Richard?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Richard's personality change over time? Use examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
What is justice? When is justice done in the play and to whom? Support your answer with examples from the text.
Essay Topic 3
What is the relationship between the ruler and the state in this play? How does it change based on who is the ruler? Use specific examples to support your answer.
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)