|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes into Clarence's cell when Clarence is sleeping?
2. Who goes to Hastings with a message from Stanley at 4 o'clock in the morning?
3. What does Richard say bore the King's countermand?
4. What are the dead men surrounded by in Clarence's dream?
5. How is the Duchess of York related to Clarence's son and daughter?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Richard worried that the Mayor will not meet with him a second time?
2. What is Richard's reason for wanting chaos in England?
3. What does Clarence hope for out of his death?
4. Once the parties in the king's presence have all reconciled themselves with each other, what does the queen suggest?
5. Why is the king angry after hearing of Clarence's death?
6. Why do the others in the room think Margaret is mad, after she curses them all?
7. in Act 5, Scene 1, how is Buckingham getting justice?
8. Why does Catesby think that Hastings and Stanley will not follow Richard?
9. Why does Richard want to spread a rumor about Anne's health?
10. What do Richard and Buckingham tell the Mayor when they meet him for the first time at the Tower?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the physical appearance of Richard symbolize his mental abilities? Cite examples from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
What is Shakespeare's attitude towards Richard? Cite specific examples from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
How does Richard's personality change over time? Use examples to support your answer.
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)