|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who will be made guardian of the new king if King Edward dies?
2. Where is the king's heir staying before being brought to London?
3. Where does Clarence go when he dies in his dream?
4. Why does Richard want to create chaos in England?
5. Where is Act II, scene iii taking place?
Short Essay Questions
1. Before he dies, what does Grey say about Margaret's curse?
2. What do Richard's remarks at the opening of the play mean?
3. Why are the women frightened when they try and go see the young princes in the Tower?
4. Once the parties in the king's presence have all reconciled themselves with each other, what does the queen suggest?
5. After Hastings is arrested, and ordered to be beheaded, what does he say?
6. What are some of the ways that Elizabeth tells Richard he can win her daughter?
7. Once the messenger comes and tells Elizabeth and the other women that Grey and Rivers have been arrested, what does Elizabeth see happening?
8. What is Richard's reason for wanting chaos in England?
9. After Hastings refuses to be on Richard's side, who does Richard accuse of using witchcraft against him, and how did they use it?
10. Why does Stanley tell Christopher that he cannot support Richmond?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Buckingham and Hastings. How are their concepts of loyalty different or similar to each other? How does each character's concept of loyalty lead them to their execution? Support your answer with examples from the text.
Essay Topic 2
What is Shakespeare's attitude towards Richard? Cite specific examples from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
What is the relationship between the ruler and the state in this play? How does it change based on who is the ruler? Use specific examples to support your answer.
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)