|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who will be made guardian of the new king if King Edward dies?
2. When the King asks for Elizabeth and the other men, who does Richard hand behind to speak with?
3. Who says, "Cry woe for this hereafter." before they die?
4. Who goes to Hastings with a message from Stanley at 4 o'clock in the morning?
5. Why does King Edward get angry with everyone present when he learns of Clarence's death?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Richard and Buckingham tell the Mayor when they meet him for the first time at the Tower?
2. Why is Margaret gloating over Elizabeth's misery?
3. What do Richard's remarks at the opening of the play mean?
4. Why does York say that he does not want to grow quickly, and what is the Duchess' response?
5. Why is Richard worried that the Mayor will not meet with him a second time?
6. Why is Richard gloating over giving Anne his ring?
7. How does Richard try and lift his men's spirits at Bosworth's field?
8. What does Richard want to do with a horse, if he could gain one after his is slain?
9. What does Buckingham believe he is being punished for at his execution?
10. Why does Buckingham say he and Richard should not stay behind while the others go to fetch King Edward's heir from Ludlow?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Is Richard the hero or the villain of the play? Use examples from the play to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Who are the mothers in the play? What is their role? Use examples from the play to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
What makes a weak or strong character? Which type of character is Lady Anne? Cite examples from the play to support your answer.
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)