|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A messenger comes to the Duchess of York and Queen Elizabeth and tells them that Grey and who were arrested?
2. Why does King Edward want Richard, Lord Hastings, and Elizabeth's brothers to make peace?
(a) Because he wants a peaceful kingdom.
(b) Because they are hurting Elizabeth.
(c) Because there have been hostilities between them.
(d) Because they are hurting his son.
3. Where does Clarence go when he dies in his dream?
(a) To the spirit realm.
(b) To heaven.
(c) To hell.
(d) Back to London as a ghost.
4. Where does Richard advise Edward to stay until his coronation?
(a) Wales Residence.
(b) James House.
(c) Tower of London.
(d) In the palace.
5. Who says that Richard was being more cheerful when Richard is absent from the meeting about Edward's coronation date?
(b) The Bishop.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the King asks for Elizabeth and the other men, who does Richard hand behind to speak with?
2. Where is Richard from?
3. Where does Richard send Anne when the funeral is over?
4. Catesby thinks the country will not be at peace until who is crowned king?
5. Who is the situation in England left to according to the three speakers in Act II, scene iii?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the dream that Stanley had, and sent a report of, by messenger, to Hastings?
2. What does Richmond's speech to his soldiers show he is interested in?
3. What does Richmond do for Richard's soldiers?
4. Why is Richard gloating over giving Anne his ring?
5. What does Richard want to do with a horse, if he could gain one after his is slain?
6. Why do the others in the room think Margaret is mad, after she curses them all?
7. Why does the Mayor end up begging for Richard to become king?
8. Why is Buckingham's earlier claim, that York is too young to understand sanctuary and therefore cannot claim it, ridiculous?
9. Why is the king angry after hearing of Clarence's death?
10. Once the parties in the king's presence have all reconciled themselves with each other, what does the queen suggest?
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)