|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What relationship is King Henry IV to Edward of Wales?
(a) His grandfather.
(b) His son.
(c) His uncle.
(d) His father.
2. What do Dorset and Rivers advise the queen to do?
(a) Crown her young son king.
(b) Name herself regeant.
(c) Lament her husband's death.
(d) Name herself her son's guardian.
3. What did the young Duke of York say grow quickly according to Richard?
4. Where is the king's heir staying before being brought to London?
5. What does Anne hope will happen to Richard's children if he gets married?
(a) That they will die.
(b) That they will be deformed and hideous.
(c) That they will be murdered.
(d) That he never has any.
Short Answer Questions
1. Over how long in actual history do the play's events take place?
2. What does Richard do when he first enters the scene in Act II, scene i?
3. Why does Richard say he cannot be loved?
4. Why does King Edward want Richard, Lord Hastings, and Elizabeth's brothers to make peace?
5. Where does Stanley suggest that he and Hastings flee to?
Short Essay Questions
1. After Hastings is arrested, and ordered to be beheaded, what does he say?
2. How does Richard deflect the attention from his misdeeds when he enters the King's room?
3. Why is Richard worried that the Mayor will not meet with him a second time?
4. What happens at the end of the dream Clarence has while he is in prison?
5. What does Richmond do for Richard's soldiers?
6. Why does Buckingham fall out of favor with Richard?
7. Why is Richard gloating over giving Anne his ring?
8. Why is Buckingham's earlier claim, that York is too young to understand sanctuary and therefore cannot claim it, ridiculous?
9. What does Clarence hope for out of his death?
10. What are the two types of things that the ghosts say to Richard and Richmond?
This section contains 758 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)