|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Act II, scene iii taking place?
(a) In a room.
(b) In a tavern.
(c) In a house.
(d) In a street.
2. Where does Richard eventually order Henry's body be taken?
3. What is the name of the bishop who gathers with Hastings, Stanley, and Buckingham to discuss Edward's coronation date?
(a) Bishop Duke.
(b) Bishop Canterbury.
(c) Bishop Guy.
(d) Bishop Ely.
4. What is the King's initial reaction when Richard announces that Clarence is dead?
5. How is Clarence murdered?
(a) He is beheaded.
(b) He is poisoned.
(c) He is stabbed.
(d) He is drawn and quartered.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the young Duke of York say grow slowly according to Richard?
2. What was the king's order to kill Clarence a result of?
3. What does the queen do when Richard announces Clarence's death?
4. How many times did Hastings' horse stumble on the way to the Tower?
5. Who does the Queen say King Edward should reconcile with since everyone has reconciled with him?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Richard deflect the attention from his misdeeds when he enters the King's room?
2. What story does Richard want Buckingham to tell the people about Edward's sons and Edward?
3. Before he dies, what does Grey say about Margaret's curse?
4. Why does Richard want to spread a rumor about Anne's health?
5. Why are the women frightened when they try and go see the young princes in the Tower?
6. What do Richard and Buckingham tell the Mayor when they meet him for the first time at the Tower?
7. What does Richmond say his reign as king will accomplish?
8. After Hastings refuses to be on Richard's side, who does Richard accuse of using witchcraft against him, and how did they use it?
9. What does Richmond do for Richard's soldiers?
10. What does the imagery in Clarence's dream suggest?
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)