|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Richard accuse of having Clarence imprisoned?
2. What are the dead men surrounded by in Clarence's dream?
(a) Gold and gems.
(b) The women in their lives.
3. What does Richard promise to Buckingham for his help?
(a) A marquee.
(b) An earldom.
(c) A dukeship.
(d) A countess.
4. When the King asks for Elizabeth and the other men, who does Richard hand behind to speak with?
(a) The murderers.
(b) The assassins.
(c) The robbers.
(d) The criminals.
5. Who does Richard plan to marry when he finds out that the King is ill?
(a) Annabellea Frances.
(b) Anne Neville.
(c) Mary Scotts.
(d) Mary Jane George.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the king's order to kill Clarence a result of?
2. Who is the situation in England left to according to the three speakers in Act II, scene iii?
3. What type of person does Richard want to be?
4. Catesby thinks the country will not be at peace until who is crowned king?
5. What does Stanley dream ripped a helm from his head?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Stanley tell Christopher that he cannot support Richmond?
2. After Hastings is arrested, and ordered to be beheaded, what does he say?
3. What does Richmond say his reign as king will accomplish?
4. What does Richmond do for Richard's soldiers?
5. How do the king's actions show that he knows the destructiveness of in fighting?
6. Why do the citizens on the street worry about the country, now that the king is dead?
7. How is Edward's punishment of Clarence his own doing, and not Richard's fault?
8. Why does Richard not blame Margaret for her anger towards him and the others?
9. What is the importance of Clarence speaking with the assassins?
10. Why does the Mayor end up begging for Richard to become king?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)