|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who told Clarence's children of his death?
(a) Their mother.
(b) The King.
(c) The Queen.
2. Why does Buckingham say York cannot claim sanctuary?
(a) Because it is against the orders of his future king.
(b) Because he has committed a crime by fleeing.
(c) Because he is not an adult and hasn't committed a crime.
(d) Because he is too young to understand it.
3. What are the dead men surrounded by in Clarence's dream?
(a) Gold and gems.
(c) The women in their lives.
4. Richard says that he will follow Buckingham's directions in the matter of crowning a new king, "like a _______."
5. What does Richard offer to Anne so that she can kill him?
(a) A vial of poison.
(b) A dagger.
(c) A lance.
(d) A sword.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Grey, Rivers and Vaughan are about to be put to death, who do they ask to be appeased so their families will be spared?
2. Who do Lovell and Ratcliffe lead away to be executed?
3. What is the given name of the Duke of Clarence?
4. What relationship is King Henry IV to Edward of Wales?
5. Which king was killed in the same location Grey, Rivers and Vaughan are?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the imagery in Clarence's dream suggest?
2. What is Anne's wish for Richard, while she is mourning her husband's and father-in-law's deaths?
3. What was the dream that Stanley had, and sent a report of, by messenger, to Hastings?
4. In the opening soliloquy, what is Richard's wish?
5. What happens when Anne orders that the coffin of her husband be taken to be buried?
6. Why does the Mayor end up begging for Richard to become king?
7. What does Richmond's speech to his soldiers show he is interested in?
8. Why is Richard worried that the Mayor will not meet with him a second time?
9. What does Rivers lament over before his execution?
10. What does Richmond do for Richard's soldiers?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)