|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Richard say is the cause of Henry and Edward's deaths?
(a) Anne's beauty.
(b) Anne's children.
(c) Anne's personality.
(d) Anne's jealousy.
2. Who does Anne say killed the physical bodies of Henry and Edward of Wales?
3. Who is speaking in Act II, scence iii?
(a) Two gentlemen.
(b) Two citizens.
(c) Two soldiers.
(d) Two noblemen.
4. What relationship is King Henry IV to Edward of Wales?
(a) His grandfather.
(b) His father.
(c) His son.
(d) His uncle.
5. Where are Grey, Rivers and Vaughan brought to be put to death?
(a) Pomfret Castle.
(b) Pomagranate Castle.
(c) Poppy Castle.
(d) Popay Castle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who asks God that Rivers, Dorset and Lord Hastings die young?
2. Catesby thinks the country will not be at peace until who is crowned king?
3. What does Richard promise to Buckingham for his help?
4. What was the king's order to kill Clarence a result of?
5. Who do Lovell and Ratcliffe lead away to be executed?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Edward's punishment of Clarence his own doing, and not Richard's fault?
2. What does Richard's famous line "A horse! A horse! My kingdom for a horse!" show?
3. Why is the king angry after hearing of Clarence's death?
4. Why does Stanley tell Christopher that he cannot support Richmond?
5. What happens to the two men when they go to kill the young princes in the Tower?
6. What was the dream that Stanley had, and sent a report of, by messenger, to Hastings?
7. What does Richard want to do with a horse, if he could gain one after his is slain?
8. How does Richard deflect the attention from his misdeeds when he enters the King's room?
9. What is Anne's wish for Richard, while she is mourning her husband's and father-in-law's deaths?
10. After Hastings refuses to be on Richard's side, who does Richard accuse of using witchcraft against him, and how did they use it?
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)