|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the situation in England left to according to the three speakers in Act II, scene iii?
(a) The new King.
(b) The Queen.
(c) The dead King.
2. What did the young Duke of York say grow slowly according to Richard?
(a) Honey bees.
(b) Sweet flowers.
3. Who does Anne say killed the physical bodies of Henry and Edward of Wales?
4. Who orders the arrest of Grey and his companion?
(a) Edward and the Duchess.
(b) Buckingham and Edward.
(c) Richard and Buckingham.
(d) Richard and Edward.
5. What does Richard say is the cause of Henry and Edward's deaths?
(a) Anne's jealousy.
(b) Anne's beauty.
(c) Anne's children.
(d) Anne's personality.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Stanley suggest that he and Hastings flee to?
2. What is the name of Richard's second brother?
3. Who made the prophecy that G of Edward's heirs would murder him?
4. When Grey, Rivers and Vaughan are about to be put to death, who do they ask to be appeased so their families will be spared?
5. What traditionally follows the death of a ruler?
Short Essay Questions
1. After Hastings refuses to be on Richard's side, who does Richard accuse of using witchcraft against him, and how did they use it?
2. What does Clarence hope for out of his death?
3. What does Richmond's speech to his soldiers show he is interested in?
4. Why is the king angry after hearing of Clarence's death?
5. Why does Richard not blame Margaret for her anger towards him and the others?
6. Why are the women frightened when they try and go see the young princes in the Tower?
7. Why do the citizens on the street worry about the country, now that the king is dead?
8. Why does Buckingham say he and Richard should not stay behind while the others go to fetch King Edward's heir from Ludlow?
9. Why does Catesby think that Hastings and Stanley will not follow Richard?
10. After Tyrrel confirms that the two princes were killed, what does Richard state?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)