|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Richard say is the cause of Henry and Edward's deaths?
(a) Anne's beauty.
(b) Anne's children.
(c) Anne's personality.
(d) Anne's jealousy.
2. What is the imagery used for the change in power after King Edward's death?
(a) A thunder cloud.
(b) A herd of horses.
(c) An approaching storm.
(d) An arriving ship.
3. Richard claims to hide his villainy behind what kind of behavior?
4. What is the name of Hastings' mistress that Richard claims caused his deformation?
5. What does the queen do when Richard announces Clarence's death?
(a) Declare a period of mourning.
(b) Declare the day a Holy day.
(c) Declare that the kingdom enter a period of mourning.
(d) Declare a celebration in honor of Clarence's life.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times did Hastings' horse stumble on the way to the Tower?
2. Catesby thinks the country will not be at peace until who is crowned king?
3. When the King asks for Elizabeth and the other men, who does Richard hand behind to speak with?
4. Who says that Richard was being more cheerful when Richard is absent from the meeting about Edward's coronation date?
5. What does Richard say bore the King's initial order about Clarence?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the scrivener think about Richard's actions?
2. In the opening soliloquy, what is Richard's wish?
3. Why does Hastings tell Stanley that there is nothing to fear from the councils?
4. What are the two types of things that the ghosts say to Richard and Richmond?
5. What story does Richard want Buckingham to tell the people about Edward's sons and Edward?
6. What is Anne's wish for Richard, while she is mourning her husband's and father-in-law's deaths?
7. What does Richard's famous line "A horse! A horse! My kingdom for a horse!" show?
8. Why is the king confused when he hears Clarence has been killed?
9. Why does the Mayor end up begging for Richard to become king?
10. What does Clarence hope for out of his death?
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)