|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says that Richard was being more cheerful when Richard is absent from the meeting about Edward's coronation date?
(d) The Bishop.
2. Richard says that he will follow Buckingham's directions in the matter of crowning a new king, "like a _______."
3. Who told Clarence's children of his death?
(a) The Queen.
(b) Their mother.
(d) The King.
4. What was the king's order to kill Clarence a result of?
(a) His fear or losing power.
(b) His fear of another war.
(c) His fear of his brother.
(d) His fear of infighting.
5. How is Clarence murdered?
(a) He is poisoned.
(b) He is beheaded.
(c) He is stabbed.
(d) He is drawn and quartered.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Richard's second brother?
2. Who does Clarence initially believe ordered his death?
3. Who does the Queen say King Edward should reconcile with since everyone has reconciled with him?
4. Catesby thinks the country will not be at peace until who is crowned king?
5. Why does King Edward want Richard, Lord Hastings, and Elizabeth's brothers to make peace?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Anne regretting having married Richard?
2. What does Buckingham believe he is being punished for at his execution?
3. Why does Richard not blame Margaret for her anger towards him and the others?
4. Why is Buckingham's earlier claim, that York is too young to understand sanctuary and therefore cannot claim it, ridiculous?
5. After Hastings refuses to be on Richard's side, who does Richard accuse of using witchcraft against him, and how did they use it?
6. What does Richard's famous line "A horse! A horse! My kingdom for a horse!" show?
7. Why is the king angry after hearing of Clarence's death?
8. How do the king's actions show that he knows the destructiveness of in fighting?
9. Why does Catesby think that Hastings and Stanley will not follow Richard?
10. How is Edward's punishment of Clarence his own doing, and not Richard's fault?
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)