|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of person does Richard want to be?
(a) A religious man.
(b) A malcontent.
(c) A helper.
(d) A villan.
2. What is the imagery used for the change in power after King Edward's death?
(a) An approaching storm.
(b) An arriving ship.
(c) A thunder cloud.
(d) A herd of horses.
3. What do Dorset and Rivers advise the queen to do?
(a) Lament her husband's death.
(b) Name herself her son's guardian.
(c) Name herself regeant.
(d) Crown her young son king.
4. What does Richard do when he first enters the scene in Act II, scene i?
(a) Apologize for any offense he may have committed.
(b) Apologize for his desires.
(c) Apologize for his duplicity.
(d) Apologize for Clarence's death.
5. What does the queen do when Richard announces Clarence's death?
(a) Declare the day a Holy day.
(b) Declare a celebration in honor of Clarence's life.
(c) Declare a period of mourning.
(d) Declare that the kingdom enter a period of mourning.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who will be made guardian of the new king if King Edward dies?
2. How is the Duchess of York related to Clarence's son and daughter?
3. Who orders the arrest of Grey and his companion?
4. In the dream, what does Richard do when Clarence tries to steady him?
5. Who does Richard plan to marry when he finds out that the King is ill?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Hastings tell Stanley that there is nothing to fear from the councils?
2. What happens when Anne orders that the coffin of her husband be taken to be buried?
3. What happens to the two men when they go to kill the young princes in the Tower?
4. Why do the others in the room think Margaret is mad, after she curses them all?
5. Why is Richard worried that the Mayor will not meet with him a second time?
6. What story does Richard want Buckingham to tell the people about Edward's sons and Edward?
7. What does Buckingham believe he is being punished for at his execution?
8. What do Richard and Buckingham tell the Mayor when they meet him for the first time at the Tower?
9. Why does Catesby think that Hastings and Stanley will not follow Richard?
10. How do the children know that the Duchess of York is lying to them?
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)