|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is speaking in Act II, scence iii?
(a) Two noblemen.
(b) Two soldiers.
(c) Two citizens.
(d) Two gentlemen.
2. What type of person does Richard want to be?
(a) A religious man.
(b) A villan.
(c) A malcontent.
(d) A helper.
3. Where is the king's heir staying before being brought to London?
4. Who calls Richard the devil and curses him for killing her husband and son?
5. Why does Richard say that Clarence was killed?
(a) Because of the king's dislike.
(b) Because of the king's displeasure.
(c) Because of the king's initial order.
(d) Because of the king's desire.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times did Hastings' horse stumble on the way to the Tower?
2. What does Richard say bore the King's countermand?
3. What traditionally follows the death of a ruler?
4. What is the King's initial reaction when Richard announces that Clarence is dead?
5. Who is Queen in Act I, scene iii?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Richard deflect the attention from his misdeeds when he enters the King's room?
2. Why are the women frightened when they try and go see the young princes in the Tower?
3. After Tyrrel confirms that the two princes were killed, what does Richard state?
4. What story does Richard want Buckingham to tell the people about Edward's sons and Edward?
5. How is Edward's punishment of Clarence his own doing, and not Richard's fault?
6. What does Richard want to do with a horse, if he could gain one after his is slain?
7. What do Richard's remarks at the opening of the play mean?
8. What does Clarence hope for out of his death?
9. Why does Hastings tell Stanley that there is nothing to fear from the councils?
10. After Hastings refuses to be on Richard's side, who does Richard accuse of using witchcraft against him, and how did they use it?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)