|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Stanley suggest that he and Hastings flee to?
(a) The west.
(b) The east.
(c) The north.
(d) The south.
2. Who is Queen in Act I, scene iii?
3. When the King asks for Elizabeth and the other men, who does Richard hand behind to speak with?
(a) The assassins.
(b) The robbers.
(c) The murderers.
(d) The criminals.
4. Richard claims to hide his villainy behind what kind of behavior?
5. What relationship is King Henry IV to Edward of Wales?
(a) His son.
(b) His father.
(c) His grandfather.
(d) His uncle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who will be made guardian of the new king if King Edward dies?
2. Who orders the arrest of Grey and his companion?
3. Who told Clarence's children of his death?
4. Where does Richard advise Edward to stay until his coronation?
5. When Clarence is dead, he sees an unknown person that he killed where?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is surprising about Stanely's announcement that Elizabeth is letting her daughter marry Richmond?
2. What do Richard's remarks at the opening of the play mean?
3. Why do the citizens on the street worry about the country, now that the king is dead?
4. What is Richard's reason for wanting chaos in England?
5. Why are the women frightened when they try and go see the young princes in the Tower?
6. Why does Buckingham fall out of favor with Richard?
7. What does Clarence hope for out of his death?
8. What is the importance of Clarence speaking with the assassins?
9. Why is Anne regretting having married Richard?
10. Once the parties in the king's presence have all reconciled themselves with each other, what does the queen suggest?
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)