|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the King's initial reaction when Richard announces that Clarence is dead?
2. What relationship is King Henry IV to Edward of Wales?
(a) His grandfather.
(b) His father.
(c) His uncle.
(d) His son.
3. Who will be made guardian of the new king if King Edward dies?
4. Which two Houses were involved in the recent war?
(a) York and Lancaster.
(b) Lancaster and Oxford.
(c) York and Oxford.
(d) Oxford and Shire.
5. What do the people think of Margaret when she calls Richard a villain?
(a) They think she is old.
(b) They think she is mad.
(c) They think she is lonely.
(d) They think she is upset.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Anne say killed the physical bodies of Henry and Edward of Wales?
2. What does King Edward asks Rivers and Hastings swear that they have for each other?
3. What is the name of the Prince who is returning to court to be crowned king?
4. What is the name of one of Richard's brothers?
5. How many times did Hastings' horse stumble on the way to the Tower?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the king confused when he hears Clarence has been killed?
2. How does Richard try and lift his men's spirits at Bosworth's field?
3. What do Richard's remarks at the opening of the play mean?
4. How does Richard deflect the attention from his misdeeds when he enters the King's room?
5. How does Richard get Anne to not be furious with him?
6. How do the king's actions show that he knows the destructiveness of in fighting?
7. Why does the Mayor end up begging for Richard to become king?
8. What does Buckingham believe he is being punished for at his execution?
9. After Hastings is arrested, and ordered to be beheaded, what does he say?
10. What happens to the two men when they go to kill the young princes in the Tower?
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)