|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Richmond say that Richard's supporters support him?
2. Where does Margaret remain hidden during the action?
(a) In Westminster.
(b) In the north.
(c) In the Tower.
(d) In London.
3. Who can be tempted to do anything for money?
4. Elizabeth is distressed at the news that Richard is being crowned King and urges Dorset to go where?
(a) To Westminster Abbey for sanctuary.
(b) To France.
(c) Across the sea to live with Richmond.
(d) To the north for protection.
5. Who advises Richard to leave the battlefield and not fight on foot?
6. Who is the only person to speak in Act III, scene vi?
(a) A gentleman.
(b) A nobleman.
(c) A scrivener.
(d) A commoner.
7. How does Richard feel about the crowd's reaction to Buckingham's speech?
8. Who tells Richard that "blood will be his end?"
(c) The Duchess of York.
9. What does Richard say makes him want to hide from greatness?
(a) Personal habits.
(b) Physical defects.
(c) Mental abilities.
(d) Humility and modest abilities.
10. What does Margaret say will teach Elizabeth what she wants?
(a) Her grief and sorrow.
(b) Her prayers to God.
(c) Her inner self.
(d) Her inner desires.
11. What is a scrivener?
(a) Someone paid to observe documents written.
(b) Someone paid to deliver messages.
(c) Someone paid to seliver legal documents.
(d) Someone paid to write documents.
12. Who does Buckingham want to speak with before he is executed?
(c) The Mayor.
13. Who does the Mayor promise to tell of Hastings' treason?
(a) The people.
14. Who brings the Mayor to Richard and Buckingham at the Tower?
15. How many men does Richard say he has slain that are dressed like Richmond?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who beheads Hastings before the Mayor could hear his confession?
2. The words "naught" and "thought" are what?
3. Who hesitates when Richard asks him to kill the young princes?
4. How far from Richard are Richmond's troops when he receives Stanley's letter?
5. What needs to happen for Margaret's vengeance to be complete?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)