|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the women's reactions to not being allowed to see the young princes in the Tower?
2. Anne regrets having married Richard and hopes that God will grant her what?
(a) Much patience.
(b) A quick death.
(c) A pardon.
3. What does the indictment for Hastings label him as?
(a) A theif.
(b) A criminal.
(c) A traitor.
(d) A liar.
4. Who tells Richard that Buckingham has fled?
(a) A messenger.
5. The words "naught" and "thought" are what?
6. Elizabeth is distressed at the news that Richard is being crowned King and urges Dorset to go where?
(a) To Westminster Abbey for sanctuary.
(b) To France.
(c) Across the sea to live with Richmond.
(d) To the north for protection.
7. Why is Richmond interested in taking the throne of England?
8. Who does Richard send to murder the princes?
9. When the guard call Richard "the King," What does he quickly amend his words to be?
(a) Lord Protector.
(b) Lord Guardian.
(c) Lord Marshall.
(d) Lord Regeant.
10. Richard tries to lift his troops' spirits by pointing out that his army is how many times larger than Richmond's army?
11. Who does Richard tell to spread a rumor that his wife is ill?
12. How many men are sent to kill the young princes?
13. Who is the only person to speak in Act III, scene vi?
(a) A nobleman.
(b) A commoner.
(c) A gentleman.
(d) A scrivener.
14. Where is Buckingham executed?
(d) The Tower.
15. How long does it take to write the indictment for Hastings?
(a) 9 hours.
(b) 8 hours.
(c) 10 hours.
(d) 11 hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first ghost to appear to Richard in his tent?
2. Who hesitates when Richard asks him to kill the young princes?
3. What does Buckingham call Margaret on his way to his execution?
4. What is the name of the guard who tells The Duchess of York, Elizabeth, Dorset, Anne and Clarence's daughter that they may not visit the young princes in the Tower?
5. Who does Buckingham talk to right before his execution?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)