|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Richmond interested in taking the throne of England?
2. Who tells Richard that "blood will be his end?"
(c) The Duchess of York.
3. What does Richard say makes him want to hide from greatness?
(a) Personal habits.
(b) Mental abilities.
(c) Physical defects.
(d) Humility and modest abilities.
4. What lay on the princes' pillow when they were murdered?
(a) A rosary.
(b) A flower.
(c) A letter from their mother.
(d) A prayer book.
5. Richard tries to lift his troops' spirits by pointing out that his army is how many times larger than Richmond's army?
6. Who does Stanley explain the hostage situation to?
(a) Sir Warren.
(b) Sir Tellington.
(c) Sir Patrick.
(d) Sir Christopher.
7. How does Richmond characterize Richard's reign?
8. Richard says he has set his life upon a cast. What is the cast he is referring to?
(a) A podium.
(b) A molding of a sculpture.
(c) A twist of fate.
(d) A throw of a die.
9. Anne regrets having married Richard and hopes that God will grant her what?
(a) Much patience.
(b) A pardon.
(d) A quick death.
10. Who tells Richard that he has a duty to the people and the court to become king?
(a) The Mayor.
(d) The people.
11. The words "naught" and "thought" are what?
12. How does Richard feel about the crowd's reaction to Buckingham's speech?
13. Who advises Richard to leave the battlefield and not fight on foot?
14. Who does Richard send to murder the princes?
15. Where is Buckingham executed?
(b) The Tower.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "A horse! A horse! My kingdom for a horse!"?
2. In his speech to the troops Richmond states that true hope is what?
3. Who is the first ghost to appear to Richard in his tent?
4. Which member of Stanley's family is Richard holding hostage?
5. Who wants to marry Elizabeth besides Richard?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)