|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the king's heir staying before being brought to London?
2. Over how long in actual history do the play's events take place?
(a) Fourteen years.
(b) Fifteen years.
(c) Seventeen years.
(d) Sixteen years.
3. Who is speaking in Act II, scence iii?
(a) Two noblemen.
(b) Two soldiers.
(c) Two gentlemen.
(d) Two citizens.
4. What is the given name of the Duke of Clarence?
5. Who is Queen in Act I, scene iii?
6. When does the Bishop suggest that Edward be coronated?
(a) Within the week.
(b) In a month.
(c) The next day.
7. Richard says that he will follow Buckingham's directions in the matter of crowning a new king, "like a _______."
8. Who orders the arrest of Grey and his companion?
(a) Richard and Edward.
(b) Richard and Buckingham.
(c) Edward and the Duchess.
(d) Buckingham and Edward.
9. What type of person does Richard want to be?
(a) A villan.
(b) A religious man.
(c) A malcontent.
(d) A helper.
10. What is the name of the Prince who is returning to court to be crowned king?
11. Where does Richard promise to Anne that Henry will be buried?
(a) Cissiene monastery.
(b) Charland monastery.
(c) Chertsey monastery.
(d) Caseon monastery.
12. Who says, "Cry woe for this hereafter." before they die?
13. What are the dead men surrounded by in Clarence's dream?
(a) Gold and gems.
(d) The women in their lives.
14. Why does King Edward get angry with everyone present when he learns of Clarence's death?
(a) Because everyone there was happy.
(b) Because no one offered to bury Clarence.
(c) Because no one spoke up for Clarence.
(d) Because everyone there was not upset.
15. What does Stanley dream ripped a helm from his head?
(a) A stag.
(b) A deer.
(c) A boar.
(d) A bear.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Richard do when he first enters the scene in Act II, scene i?
2. Who says that Richard was being more cheerful when Richard is absent from the meeting about Edward's coronation date?
3. Who asks God that Rivers, Dorset and Lord Hastings die young?
4. What do the characters do with Margaret's warnings?
5. Who ordered Clarence's murder?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)