|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of one of Richard's brothers?
2. What is the imagery used for the change in power after King Edward's death?
(a) A thunder cloud.
(b) A herd of horses.
(c) An arriving ship.
(d) An approaching storm.
3. What was Clarence's dream foretelling?
(a) Richard's life.
(b) His death.
(c) Richard's death.
(d) His life.
4. Who is Queen in Act I, scene iii?
5. Where does King Edward think he will go when he dies?
(a) To heaven.
(b) To hell.
(c) To purgatory.
(d) To the ghost world.
6. Where is Act II, scene iii taking place?
(a) In a room.
(b) In a tavern.
(c) In a house.
(d) In a street.
7. Why does King Edward want Richard, Lord Hastings, and Elizabeth's brothers to make peace?
(a) Because they are hurting his son.
(b) Because they are hurting Elizabeth.
(c) Because there have been hostilities between them.
(d) Because he wants a peaceful kingdom.
8. When does the Bishop suggest that Edward be coronated?
(a) Within the week.
(b) The next day.
(d) In a month.
9. What does Buckingham want the queen to do?
(a) Crown her daughter as queen.
(b) Marry him.
(c) Crown her young son king.
(d) Go in exile to France.
10. Richard tells Edward that his other uncles are what?
(c) False friends.
11. Who made the prophecy that G of Edward's heirs would murder him?
12. What are the dead men surrounded by in Clarence's dream?
(a) Gold and gems.
(d) The women in their lives.
13. What did the young Duke of York say grow quickly according to Richard?
14. What type of person does Anne think Richard is?
(a) A saint.
(b) A bad person.
(c) The devil.
(d) The meanest person.
15. What does Richard say bore the King's countermand?
(a) A fish on land.
(b) A cripple.
(c) A sloth.
(d) A turtle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the given name of the Duke of Clarence?
2. What was the king's order to kill Clarence a result of?
3. Where does Elizabeth flee to with her son?
4. Where does Clarence go when he dies in his dream?
5. What does Anne hope will happen to Richard's children if he gets married?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)