|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Stanley dream ripped a helm from his head?
(a) A boar.
(b) A deer.
(c) A bear.
(d) A stag.
2. Where is the king's heir staying before being brought to London?
3. Who does Clarence initially believe ordered his death?
4. When Grey, Rivers and Vaughan are about to be put to death, who do they ask to be appeased so their families will be spared?
(a) The Archbishop.
5. What does Richard say bore the King's initial order about Clarence?
(a) A winged messenger.
(b) A winged Mercury.
(c) A winged Hermes.
(d) A winged horse.
6. How is Clarence murdered?
(a) He is poisoned.
(b) He is beheaded.
(c) He is drawn and quartered.
(d) He is stabbed.
7. Where does Richard eventually order Henry's body be taken?
8. What is the name of one of Richard's brothers?
9. What type of person does Anne think Richard is?
(a) The meanest person.
(b) A saint.
(c) A bad person.
(d) The devil.
10. What is the name of the war that concludes just prior to the play starting?
(a) War of 1812.
(b) War of the Dukes.
(c) War of the Straight.
(d) War of the Roses.
11. Why does Richard say he cannot be loved?
(a) Because he is rich.
(b) Because of his brothers.
(c) Because he is not king.
(d) Because of his looks.
12. What do the characters do with Margaret's warnings?
(a) Ignore them.
(b) Take them to heart.
(c) Laugh at them.
(d) Write them down.
13. What does the queen do when Richard announces Clarence's death?
(a) Declare a celebration in honor of Clarence's life.
(b) Declare that the kingdom enter a period of mourning.
(c) Declare a period of mourning.
(d) Declare the day a Holy day.
14. Where does Clarence go when he dies in his dream?
(a) Back to London as a ghost.
(b) To the spirit realm.
(c) To hell.
(d) To heaven.
15. What was Clarence's dream foretelling?
(a) His life.
(b) Richard's death.
(c) Richard's life.
(d) His death.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does the Bishop suggest that Edward be coronated?
2. What does Richard say bore the King's countermand?
3. What relationship is King Henry IV to Edward of Wales?
4. What was the king's order to kill Clarence a result of?
5. Which king was killed in the same location Grey, Rivers and Vaughan are?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)