|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Richard say he cannot be loved?
(a) Because he is not king.
(b) Because of his brothers.
(c) Because of his looks.
(d) Because he is rich.
2. What was Clarence's dream foretelling?
(a) His death.
(b) Richard's death.
(c) Richard's life.
(d) His life.
3. What do the people think of Margaret when she calls Richard a villain?
(a) They think she is lonely.
(b) They think she is old.
(c) They think she is upset.
(d) They think she is mad.
4. What traditionally follows the death of a ruler?
5. Who does Clarence initially believe ordered his death?
6. Where is the king's heir staying before being brought to London?
7. Who is Queen in Act I, scene iii?
8. Who does Richard accuse of having Lord Hastings imprisoned?
9. Who does Hastings believe is responsible for his earlier imprisonment?
(a) Grey and Richard.
(b) Richard and Rivers.
(c) Elizabeth and Edward.
(d) Grey and Rivers.
10. What is the name of Richard's second brother?
11. What is the name of the war that concludes just prior to the play starting?
(a) War of 1812.
(b) War of the Roses.
(c) War of the Dukes.
(d) War of the Straight.
12. Who is Stanley loyal to?
(a) The late King Edward.
(b) Prince Edward.
(c) Queen Elizabeth.
13. When Grey, Rivers and Vaughan are about to be put to death, who do they ask to be appeased so their families will be spared?
(a) The Archbishop.
14. Where is Act II, scene iii taking place?
(a) In a street.
(b) In a tavern.
(c) In a house.
(d) In a room.
15. Why does Richard say that Clarence was killed?
(a) Because of the king's initial order.
(b) Because of the king's dislike.
(c) Because of the king's desire.
(d) Because of the king's displeasure.
Short Answer Questions
1. Richard tells Edward that his other uncles are what?
2. Who does Richard accuse of having Clarence imprisoned?
3. What is the name of the Lord the three men who are about to be put to death criticize?
4. What is the name of King Henry IV's queen?
5. What does Anne hope will happen to Richard's children if he gets married?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)