|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the characters do with Margaret's warnings?
(a) Take them to heart.
(b) Write them down.
(c) Ignore them.
(d) Laugh at them.
2. What is the name of the Lord the three men who are about to be put to death criticize?
(a) Lord Turbout.
(b) Lord Ratcliffe.
(c) Lord Farley.
(d) Lord Greeley.
3. What does the king do after he gets over his initial reaction to Clarence's death?
(a) Pity Richard.
(b) Lament for Clarence's widow.
(c) Lament Clarence's death.
(d) Hate Richard for bringing the message.
4. Who killed Rutland, the Duke of York's son?
5. Richard claims to hide his villainy behind what kind of behavior?
6. Who says, "Cry woe for this hereafter." before they die?
7. A messenger comes to the Duchess of York and Queen Elizabeth and tells them that Grey and who were arrested?
8. Who is the situation in England left to according to the three speakers in Act II, scene iii?
(a) The new King.
(c) The dead King.
(d) The Queen.
9. What do the assassins do after they murder Clarence?
(a) Throw him in the river.
(b) Dunk him in a wine barrel.
(c) Take his body to the King.
(d) Bury him in an unmarked grave.
10. What is the given name of the Duke of Clarence?
11. How is the Duchess of York related to Clarence's son and daughter?
12. What did the young Duke of York say grow quickly according to Richard?
13. Who do Lovell and Ratcliffe lead away to be executed?
(b) The Bishop.
(c) The Archbishop.
14. What is the imagery used for the change in power after King Edward's death?
(a) A herd of horses.
(b) An arriving ship.
(c) An approaching storm.
(d) A thunder cloud.
15. Where does Elizabeth flee to with her son?
(a) Church of the Hills.
(b) Westminster Abbey.
(c) Oxford Knoll.
(d) Charleston Abbey.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Richard send Anne when the funeral is over?
2. Where does Richard promise to Anne that Henry will be buried?
3. What is the name of one of Richard's brothers?
4. Who made the prophecy that G of Edward's heirs would murder him?
5. Why does King Edward get angry with everyone present when he learns of Clarence's death?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)