|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the King's initial reaction when Richard announces that Clarence is dead?
2. Who does Clarence tell of his bad dream?
(d) His cell mate.
3. What does Stanley dream ripped a helm from his head?
(a) A stag.
(b) A deer.
(c) A boar.
(d) A bear.
4. Who does Anne say killed the physical bodies of Henry and Edward of Wales?
5. Who does Richard accuse of having Clarence imprisoned?
6. What does Richard say bore the King's countermand?
(a) A fish on land.
(b) A turtle.
(c) A cripple.
(d) A sloth.
7. What is the name of the Prince who is returning to court to be crowned king?
8. What relationship is King Henry IV to Edward of Wales?
(a) His father.
(b) His son.
(c) His uncle.
(d) His grandfather.
9. Who goes to Hastings with a message from Stanley at 4 o'clock in the morning?
(a) A messenger.
(b) A nobleman.
(c) A soldier.
(d) A page.
10. Who comes into Clarence's cell when Clarence is sleeping?
(a) The assassins.
(b) Lord Buckingham.
11. What does Richard say bore the King's initial order about Clarence?
(a) A winged Hermes.
(b) A winged horse.
(c) A winged messenger.
(d) A winged Mercury.
12. Where does Clarence go when he dies in his dream?
(a) To hell.
(b) Back to London as a ghost.
(c) To the spirit realm.
(d) To heaven.
13. What does Richard promise to Buckingham for his help?
(a) A countess.
(b) A marquee.
(c) A dukeship.
(d) An earldom.
14. How many councils do Stanley and Hastings believe will be held?
15. Why does King Edward want Richard, Lord Hastings, and Elizabeth's brothers to make peace?
(a) Because they are hurting his son.
(b) Because he wants a peaceful kingdom.
(c) Because they are hurting Elizabeth.
(d) Because there have been hostilities between them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the young Duke of York say grow slowly according to Richard?
2. Who is speaking in Act II, scence iii?
3. Who do Lovell and Ratcliffe lead away to be executed?
4. Who told Clarence's children of his death?
5. What does King Edward asks Rivers and Hastings swear that they have for each other?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)