|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the king do after he gets over his initial reaction to Clarence's death?
(a) Pity Richard.
(b) Lament Clarence's death.
(c) Lament for Clarence's widow.
(d) Hate Richard for bringing the message.
2. Who is Queen in Act I, scene iii?
3. Where does Stanley suggest that he and Hastings flee to?
(a) The west.
(b) The north.
(c) The south.
(d) The east.
4. Where are Grey, Rivers and Vaughan brought to be put to death?
(a) Popay Castle.
(b) Poppy Castle.
(c) Pomfret Castle.
(d) Pomagranate Castle.
5. What is the name of one of Richard's brothers?
6. Who is sent to bring Edward's mother and son to London?
7. Who is the situation in England left to according to the three speakers in Act II, scene iii?
(b) The dead King.
(c) The Queen.
(d) The new King.
8. What does Richard say bore the King's initial order about Clarence?
(a) A winged Mercury.
(b) A winged messenger.
(c) A winged Hermes.
(d) A winged horse.
9. Where does Richard send Anne when the funeral is over?
(a) Crosby House.
(b) London House.
(c) James House.
(d) Thames House.
10. Who says that Richard was being more cheerful when Richard is absent from the meeting about Edward's coronation date?
(a) The Bishop.
11. Where is Act II, scene iii taking place?
(a) In a room.
(b) In a house.
(c) In a street.
(d) In a tavern.
12. What does King Edward asks Rivers and Hastings swear that they have for each other?
13. Which king was killed in the same location Grey, Rivers and Vaughan are?
(a) King Richard II.
(b) King Richard IV.
(c) King Richard III.
(d) King Richard.
14. What was the king's order to kill Clarence a result of?
(a) His fear of his brother.
(b) His fear of another war.
(c) His fear of infighting.
(d) His fear or losing power.
15. What type of person does Anne think Richard is?
(a) A saint.
(b) A bad person.
(c) The meanest person.
(d) The devil.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Clarence tell of his bad dream?
2. What is the name of the Lord the three men who are about to be put to death criticize?
3. When the King asks for Elizabeth and the other men, who does Richard hand behind to speak with?
4. What is the name of Hastings' mistress that Richard claims caused his deformation?
5. How is Clarence murdered?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)