|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of person does Anne think Richard is?
(a) A saint.
(b) The meanest person.
(c) The devil.
(d) A bad person.
2. What does Richard do when he first enters the scene in Act II, scene i?
(a) Apologize for his duplicity.
(b) Apologize for Clarence's death.
(c) Apologize for any offense he may have committed.
(d) Apologize for his desires.
3. What traditionally follows the death of a ruler?
4. What is the name of the Lord the three men who are about to be put to death criticize?
(a) Lord Farley.
(b) Lord Ratcliffe.
(c) Lord Greeley.
(d) Lord Turbout.
5. Who killed Rutland, the Duke of York's son?
6. When does the Bishop suggest that Edward be coronated?
(b) Within the week.
(c) In a month.
(d) The next day.
7. What is the name of King Henry IV's queen?
8. What does Richard say bore the King's initial order about Clarence?
(a) A winged Hermes.
(b) A winged horse.
(c) A winged messenger.
(d) A winged Mercury.
9. Who says, "Cry woe for this hereafter." before they die?
10. What relationship is King Henry IV to Edward of Wales?
(a) His grandfather.
(b) His son.
(c) His uncle.
(d) His father.
11. What does the king do after he gets over his initial reaction to Clarence's death?
(a) Lament Clarence's death.
(b) Pity Richard.
(c) Lament for Clarence's widow.
(d) Hate Richard for bringing the message.
12. Richard claims to hide his villainy behind what kind of behavior?
13. Richard tells Edward that his other uncles are what?
(d) False friends.
14. Why does Richard want to create chaos in England?
(a) He wants more land.
(b) He is jealous.
(c) Because of his deformity.
(d) He wants his brothers to suffer.
15. Where does Elizabeth flee to with her son?
(a) Church of the Hills.
(b) Charleston Abbey.
(c) Westminster Abbey.
(d) Oxford Knoll.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Clarence murdered?
2. Over how long in actual history do the play's events take place?
3. What do the people think of Margaret when she calls Richard a villain?
4. Who does Richard accuse of having Lord Hastings imprisoned?
5. What do the characters do with Margaret's warnings?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)