|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who told Clarence's children of his death?
(a) The Queen.
(c) The King.
(d) Their mother.
2. Who is the situation in England left to according to the three speakers in Act II, scene iii?
(a) The dead King.
(b) The new King.
(d) The Queen.
3. Richard says that he will follow Buckingham's directions in the matter of crowning a new king, "like a _______."
4. What does King Edward asks Rivers and Hastings swear that they have for each other?
5. Which two Houses were involved in the recent war?
(a) Lancaster and Oxford.
(b) York and Lancaster.
(c) York and Oxford.
(d) Oxford and Shire.
6. What is the name of the Lord the three men who are about to be put to death criticize?
(a) Lord Greeley.
(b) Lord Farley.
(c) Lord Ratcliffe.
(d) Lord Turbout.
7. Who does Clarence tell of his bad dream?
(d) His cell mate.
8. Richard tells Edward that his other uncles are what?
(b) False friends.
9. What do the characters do with Margaret's warnings?
(a) Ignore them.
(b) Take them to heart.
(c) Write them down.
(d) Laugh at them.
10. How does the third speaker characterize the queen's brothers in Act II, scene iii?
(a) Obnoxious and spoiled.
(b) Haughty and proud.
(c) Christian and humble.
(d) Accomplished and virtuous.
11. What is the name of one of Richard's brothers?
12. What is the name of the bishop who gathers with Hastings, Stanley, and Buckingham to discuss Edward's coronation date?
(a) Bishop Canterbury.
(b) Bishop Duke.
(c) Bishop Guy.
(d) Bishop Ely.
13. Who does Hastings believe is responsible for his earlier imprisonment?
(a) Elizabeth and Edward.
(b) Grey and Richard.
(c) Grey and Rivers.
(d) Richard and Rivers.
14. What does Richard give Anne after she doesn't kill him?
(a) A bracelet.
(b) A ring.
(c) A necklace.
(d) A letter.
15. What traditionally follows the death of a ruler?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Richard from?
2. What does Richard say is the cause of Henry and Edward's deaths?
3. Why does King Edward get angry with everyone present when he learns of Clarence's death?
4. Why does Buckingham say York cannot claim sanctuary?
5. Richard claims to hide his villainy behind what kind of behavior?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)