|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the young Duke of York say grow slowly according to Richard?
(b) Honey bees.
(c) Sweet flowers.
2. Where does King Edward think he will go when he dies?
(a) To hell.
(b) To heaven.
(c) To purgatory.
(d) To the ghost world.
3. What traditionally follows the death of a ruler?
4. What do the people think of Margaret when she calls Richard a villain?
(a) They think she is lonely.
(b) They think she is upset.
(c) They think she is old.
(d) They think she is mad.
5. Where are Grey, Rivers and Vaughan brought to be put to death?
(a) Popay Castle.
(b) Poppy Castle.
(c) Pomfret Castle.
(d) Pomagranate Castle.
6. Who comes into Clarence's cell when Clarence is sleeping?
(a) The assassins.
(b) Lord Buckingham.
7. What is the imagery used for the change in power after King Edward's death?
(a) An arriving ship.
(b) A herd of horses.
(c) An approaching storm.
(d) A thunder cloud.
8. Who is the situation in England left to according to the three speakers in Act II, scene iii?
(a) The dead King.
(b) The Queen.
(d) The new King.
9. Where does Clarence go when he dies in his dream?
(a) Back to London as a ghost.
(b) To hell.
(c) To the spirit realm.
(d) To heaven.
10. What is the given name of the Duke of Clarence?
11. Who do Lovell and Ratcliffe lead away to be executed?
(b) The Bishop.
(d) The Archbishop.
12. What is the name of one of Richard's brothers?
13. Before Grey dies, he comments that whose curse is coming true?
14. What is the King's initial reaction when Richard announces that Clarence is dead?
15. What is the name of the war that concludes just prior to the play starting?
(a) War of the Straight.
(b) War of the Dukes.
(c) War of 1812.
(d) War of the Roses.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Hastings' mistress that Richard claims caused his deformation?
2. What does Richard offer to Anne so that she can kill him?
3. Who does Richard accuse of having Clarence imprisoned?
4. Who goes to Hastings with a message from Stanley at 4 o'clock in the morning?
5. Who made the prophecy that G of Edward's heirs would murder him?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)