|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Richard say that Clarence was killed?
(a) Because of the king's displeasure.
(b) Because of the king's initial order.
(c) Because of the king's desire.
(d) Because of the king's dislike.
2. What does King Edward asks Rivers and Hastings swear that they have for each other?
3. Where does Richard advise Edward to stay until his coronation?
(a) James House.
(b) Wales Residence.
(c) Tower of London.
(d) In the palace.
4. What does Richard say bore the King's initial order about Clarence?
(a) A winged Hermes.
(b) A winged messenger.
(c) A winged Mercury.
(d) A winged horse.
5. Who is Queen in Act I, scene iii?
6. What does the queen do when Richard announces Clarence's death?
(a) Declare a period of mourning.
(b) Declare the day a Holy day.
(c) Declare a celebration in honor of Clarence's life.
(d) Declare that the kingdom enter a period of mourning.
7. What is the imagery used for the change in power after King Edward's death?
(a) An approaching storm.
(b) A herd of horses.
(c) An arriving ship.
(d) A thunder cloud.
8. What is the name of the Prince who is returning to court to be crowned king?
9. Who does Richard plan to marry when he finds out that the King is ill?
(a) Mary Scotts.
(b) Mary Jane George.
(c) Anne Neville.
(d) Annabellea Frances.
10. Who do Lovell and Ratcliffe lead away to be executed?
(a) The Bishop.
(b) The Archbishop.
11. Why does Richard say he cannot be loved?
(a) Because of his brothers.
(b) Because he is rich.
(c) Because he is not king.
(d) Because of his looks.
12. Where is the king's heir staying before being brought to London?
13. What is the name of one of Richard's brothers?
14. What is the King's initial reaction when Richard announces that Clarence is dead?
15. Who does Richard accuse of having Clarence imprisoned?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Stanley suggest that he and Hastings flee to?
2. Why does Buckingham say York cannot claim sanctuary?
3. What relationship is King Henry IV to Edward of Wales?
4. Over how long in actual history do the play's events take place?
5. Who does Anne say killed the physical bodies of Henry and Edward of Wales?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)