Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Act II, scene iii taking place?
(a) In a room.
(b) In a tavern.
(c) In a house.
(d) In a street.
2. Where does Richard eventually order Henry's body be taken?
3. What is the name of the bishop who gathers with Hastings, Stanley, and Buckingham to discuss Edward's coronation date?
(a) Bishop Duke.
(b) Bishop Canterbury.
(c) Bishop Guy.
(d) Bishop Ely.
4. What is the King's initial reaction when Richard announces that Clarence is dead?
5. How is Clarence murdered?
(a) He is beheaded.
(b) He is poisoned.
(c) He is stabbed.
(d) He is drawn and quartered.
6. What did the young Duke of York say grow slowly according to Richard?
(a) Sweet flowers.
(b) Honey bees.
7. What was the king's order to kill Clarence a result of?
(a) His fear or losing power.
(b) His fear of another war.
(c) His fear of his brother.
(d) His fear of infighting.
8. What does the queen do when Richard announces Clarence's death?
(a) Declare a period of mourning.
(b) Declare the day a Holy day.
(c) Declare that the kingdom enter a period of mourning.
(d) Declare a celebration in honor of Clarence's life.
9. How many times did Hastings' horse stumble on the way to the Tower?
10. Who does the Queen say King Edward should reconcile with since everyone has reconciled with him?
(a) Duke of York.
(d) Prince of Wales.
11. How does the third speaker characterize the queen's brothers in Act II, scene iii?
(a) Haughty and proud.
(b) Obnoxious and spoiled.
(c) Accomplished and virtuous.
(d) Christian and humble.
12. What is the name of the Prince who is returning to court to be crowned king?
13. Why does Richard say that Clarence was killed?
(a) Because of the king's initial order.
(b) Because of the king's dislike.
(c) Because of the king's desire.
(d) Because of the king's displeasure.
14. A messenger comes to the Duchess of York and Queen Elizabeth and tells them that Grey and who were arrested?
15. When does the Bishop suggest that Edward be coronated?
(b) Within the week.
(c) In a month.
(d) The next day.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does King Edward get angry with everyone present when he learns of Clarence's death?
2. Who is Queen in Act I, scene iii?
3. What relationship is King Henry IV to Edward of Wales?
4. When the King asks for Elizabeth and the other men, who does Richard hand behind to speak with?
5. Who does Clarence initially believe ordered his death?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)