|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before Grey dies, he comments that whose curse is coming true?
2. How does the third speaker characterize the queen's brothers in Act II, scene iii?
(a) Accomplished and virtuous.
(b) Haughty and proud.
(c) Obnoxious and spoiled.
(d) Christian and humble.
3. Where does Clarence go when he dies in his dream?
(a) To the spirit realm.
(b) To hell.
(c) Back to London as a ghost.
(d) To heaven.
4. Why does King Edward get angry with everyone present when he learns of Clarence's death?
(a) Because everyone there was happy.
(b) Because no one spoke up for Clarence.
(c) Because no one offered to bury Clarence.
(d) Because everyone there was not upset.
5. Who does Clarence tell of his bad dream?
(d) His cell mate.
6. Where does Stanley suggest that he and Hastings flee to?
(a) The west.
(b) The south.
(c) The east.
(d) The north.
7. Who made the prophecy that G of Edward's heirs would murder him?
8. Richard tells Edward that his other uncles are what?
(d) False friends.
9. Why does Richard want to create chaos in England?
(a) Because of his deformity.
(b) He is jealous.
(c) He wants more land.
(d) He wants his brothers to suffer.
10. What do Dorset and Rivers advise the queen to do?
(a) Name herself regeant.
(b) Name herself her son's guardian.
(c) Crown her young son king.
(d) Lament her husband's death.
11. Who killed Rutland, the Duke of York's son?
12. What are the dead men surrounded by in Clarence's dream?
(a) Gold and gems.
(d) The women in their lives.
13. What is the King's initial reaction when Richard announces that Clarence is dead?
14. What type of person does Richard want to be?
(a) A helper.
(b) A villan.
(c) A religious man.
(d) A malcontent.
15. Who says that Richard was being more cheerful when Richard is absent from the meeting about Edward's coronation date?
(d) The Bishop.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Richard promise to Anne that Henry will be buried?
2. Who orders the arrest of Grey and his companion?
3. In the dream, what does Richard do when Clarence tries to steady him?
4. Who asks God that Rivers, Dorset and Lord Hastings die young?
5. Who is the situation in England left to according to the three speakers in Act II, scene iii?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)