|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Richard say bore the King's initial order about Clarence?
(a) A winged Mercury.
(b) A winged horse.
(c) A winged messenger.
(d) A winged Hermes.
2. Who told Clarence's children of his death?
(a) Their mother.
(b) The King.
(c) The Queen.
3. Who does Richard accuse of having Clarence imprisoned?
4. Who goes to Hastings with a message from Stanley at 4 o'clock in the morning?
(a) A messenger.
(b) A nobleman.
(c) A soldier.
(d) A page.
5. Who killed Rutland, the Duke of York's son?
6. What does Richard offer to Anne so that she can kill him?
(a) A vial of poison.
(b) A dagger.
(c) A sword.
(d) A lance.
7. What is the name of Hastings' mistress that Richard claims caused his deformation?
8. Who made the prophecy that G of Edward's heirs would murder him?
9. Where does Clarence go when he dies in his dream?
(a) To heaven.
(b) To the spirit realm.
(c) To hell.
(d) Back to London as a ghost.
10. How many councils do Stanley and Hastings believe will be held?
11. Who calls Richard the devil and curses him for killing her husband and son?
12. Who is Stanley loyal to?
(b) Queen Elizabeth.
(c) The late King Edward.
(d) Prince Edward.
13. Why does Richard say he cannot be loved?
(a) Because he is rich.
(b) Because he is not king.
(c) Because of his looks.
(d) Because of his brothers.
14. Who ordered Clarence's murder?
15. What is the name of the Prince who is returning to court to be crowned king?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does King Edward get angry with everyone present when he learns of Clarence's death?
2. Who does Clarence tell of his bad dream?
3. Who does Anne say killed the physical bodies of Henry and Edward of Wales?
4. What does Richard do when he first enters the scene in Act II, scene i?
5. How many times did Hastings' horse stumble on the way to the Tower?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)