|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does King Edward want Richard, Lord Hastings, and Elizabeth's brothers to make peace?
(a) Because there have been hostilities between them.
(b) Because they are hurting his son.
(c) Because he wants a peaceful kingdom.
(d) Because they are hurting Elizabeth.
2. What does Richard offer to Anne so that she can kill him?
(a) A dagger.
(b) A sword.
(c) A lance.
(d) A vial of poison.
3. Where is Act II, scene iii taking place?
(a) In a house.
(b) In a street.
(c) In a tavern.
(d) In a room.
4. Where is Richard from?
5. How is Clarence murdered?
(a) He is drawn and quartered.
(b) He is poisoned.
(c) He is beheaded.
(d) He is stabbed.
6. Where are Grey, Rivers and Vaughan brought to be put to death?
(a) Poppy Castle.
(b) Popay Castle.
(c) Pomfret Castle.
(d) Pomagranate Castle.
7. Who is the situation in England left to according to the three speakers in Act II, scene iii?
(a) The dead King.
(b) The new King.
(d) The Queen.
8. Where does King Edward think he will go when he dies?
(a) To hell.
(b) To heaven.
(c) To the ghost world.
(d) To purgatory.
9. What is the name of Richard's second brother?
10. Where does Elizabeth flee to with her son?
(a) Westminster Abbey.
(b) Church of the Hills.
(c) Oxford Knoll.
(d) Charleston Abbey.
11. What is the name of the bishop who gathers with Hastings, Stanley, and Buckingham to discuss Edward's coronation date?
(a) Bishop Ely.
(b) Bishop Canterbury.
(c) Bishop Guy.
(d) Bishop Duke.
12. Who killed Rutland, the Duke of York's son?
13. Before Grey dies, he comments that whose curse is coming true?
14. What is the given name of the Duke of Clarence?
15. What does Richard do when he first enters the scene in Act II, scene i?
(a) Apologize for any offense he may have committed.
(b) Apologize for his duplicity.
(c) Apologize for Clarence's death.
(d) Apologize for his desires.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Buckingham say York cannot claim sanctuary?
2. Richard tells Edward that his other uncles are what?
3. Richard says that he will follow Buckingham's directions in the matter of crowning a new king, "like a _______."
4. Who asks God that Rivers, Dorset and Lord Hastings die young?
5. What is the name of one of Richard's brothers?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)