|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the characters do with Margaret's warnings?
(a) Laugh at them.
(b) Write them down.
(c) Take them to heart.
(d) Ignore them.
2. Before Grey dies, he comments that whose curse is coming true?
3. Who will be made guardian of the new king if King Edward dies?
4. Why does Richard want to create chaos in England?
(a) He is jealous.
(b) He wants more land.
(c) He wants his brothers to suffer.
(d) Because of his deformity.
5. What was Clarence's dream foretelling?
(a) Richard's life.
(b) Richard's death.
(c) His life.
(d) His death.
6. Who is speaking in Act II, scence iii?
(a) Two soldiers.
(b) Two noblemen.
(c) Two citizens.
(d) Two gentlemen.
7. What is the name of the Lord the three men who are about to be put to death criticize?
(a) Lord Greeley.
(b) Lord Ratcliffe.
(c) Lord Turbout.
(d) Lord Farley.
8. Who made the prophecy that G of Edward's heirs would murder him?
9. Where is Richard from?
10. Which king was killed in the same location Grey, Rivers and Vaughan are?
(a) King Richard.
(b) King Richard III.
(c) King Richard IV.
(d) King Richard II.
11. Over how long in actual history do the play's events take place?
(a) Seventeen years.
(b) Fifteen years.
(c) Sixteen years.
(d) Fourteen years.
12. What was the king's order to kill Clarence a result of?
(a) His fear of infighting.
(b) His fear of another war.
(c) His fear of his brother.
(d) His fear or losing power.
13. Who is Queen in Act I, scene iii?
14. Who is sent to bring Edward's mother and son to London?
15. Who does Anne say killed the physical bodies of Henry and Edward of Wales?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does King Edward get angry with everyone present when he learns of Clarence's death?
2. Where does King Edward think he will go when he dies?
3. Who does Hastings believe is responsible for his earlier imprisonment?
4. What does Richard promise to Buckingham for his help?
5. What is the name of the bishop who gathers with Hastings, Stanley, and Buckingham to discuss Edward's coronation date?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)