Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the dead men surrounded by in Clarence's dream?
(a) The women in their lives.
(b) Gold and gems.
2. Where does Richard promise to Anne that Henry will be buried?
(a) Charland monastery.
(b) Caseon monastery.
(c) Chertsey monastery.
(d) Cissiene monastery.
3. What quality in Richard is Anne impressed when he promises to oversee Henry's burial?
4. Richard claims to hide his villainy behind what kind of behavior?
5. When the King asks for Elizabeth and the other men, who does Richard hand behind to speak with?
(a) The assassins.
(b) The robbers.
(c) The murderers.
(d) The criminals.
6. What do the people think of Margaret when she calls Richard a villain?
(a) They think she is mad.
(b) They think she is lonely.
(c) They think she is old.
(d) They think she is upset.
7. What does Anne hope will happen to Richard's children if he gets married?
(a) That he never has any.
(b) That they will be deformed and hideous.
(c) That they will die.
(d) That they will be murdered.
8. Who is Queen in Act I, scene iii?
9. Over how long in actual history do the play's events take place?
(a) Fourteen years.
(b) Sixteen years.
(c) Fifteen years.
(d) Seventeen years.
10. What does Richard say bore the King's initial order about Clarence?
(a) A winged Mercury.
(b) A winged Hermes.
(c) A winged messenger.
(d) A winged horse.
11. What does Richard promise to Buckingham for his help?
(a) An earldom.
(b) A dukeship.
(c) A marquee.
(d) A countess.
12. Why does Richard want to create chaos in England?
(a) Because of his deformity.
(b) He wants his brothers to suffer.
(c) He is jealous.
(d) He wants more land.
13. Who does Richard plan to marry when he finds out that the King is ill?
(a) Annabellea Frances.
(b) Anne Neville.
(c) Mary Jane George.
(d) Mary Scotts.
14. Richard tells Edward that his other uncles are what?
(b) False friends.
15. What does Richard say bore the King's countermand?
(a) A turtle.
(b) A cripple.
(c) A sloth.
(d) A fish on land.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Clarence go when he dies in his dream?
2. Before Grey dies, he comments that whose curse is coming true?
3. What was the king's order to kill Clarence a result of?
4. What type of person does Richard want to be?
5. In the dream, what does Richard do when Clarence tries to steady him?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)