|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who will be made guardian of the new king if King Edward dies?
2. What did the young Duke of York say grow quickly according to Richard?
3. Why does Richard say he cannot be loved?
(a) Because he is rich.
(b) Because he is not king.
(c) Because of his looks.
(d) Because of his brothers.
4. Why does Buckingham say York cannot claim sanctuary?
(a) Because he has committed a crime by fleeing.
(b) Because it is against the orders of his future king.
(c) Because he is not an adult and hasn't committed a crime.
(d) Because he is too young to understand it.
5. What traditionally follows the death of a ruler?
6. When Clarence is dead, he sees an unknown person that he killed where?
(a) In Tewkesbury.
(b) In Westchester.
(c) In Carbury.
(d) In Oxford.
7. Who does Richard accuse of having Clarence imprisoned?
8. Who is the situation in England left to according to the three speakers in Act II, scene iii?
(a) The new King.
(c) The dead King.
(d) The Queen.
9. What type of person does Richard want to be?
(a) A helper.
(b) A malcontent.
(c) A religious man.
(d) A villan.
10. How is the Duchess of York related to Clarence's son and daughter?
11. What is the name of the Lord the three men who are about to be put to death criticize?
(a) Lord Greeley.
(b) Lord Ratcliffe.
(c) Lord Turbout.
(d) Lord Farley.
12. What was Clarence's dream foretelling?
(a) Richard's life.
(b) His death.
(c) Richard's death.
(d) His life.
13. Where does Clarence go when he dies in his dream?
(a) To heaven.
(b) To the spirit realm.
(c) To hell.
(d) Back to London as a ghost.
14. What is the name of King Henry IV's queen?
15. What do the characters do with Margaret's warnings?
(a) Laugh at them.
(b) Take them to heart.
(c) Write them down.
(d) Ignore them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Richard send Anne when the funeral is over?
2. What does Anne hope will happen to Richard's children if he gets married?
3. Who does Clarence tell of his bad dream?
4. Richard says that he will follow Buckingham's directions in the matter of crowning a new king, "like a _______."
5. Catesby thinks the country will not be at peace until who is crowned king?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)