|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the imagery used for the change in power after King Edward's death?
(a) An approaching storm.
(b) An arriving ship.
(c) A thunder cloud.
(d) A herd of horses.
2. Who says that Richard was being more cheerful when Richard is absent from the meeting about Edward's coronation date?
(b) The Bishop.
3. Who will be made guardian of the new king if King Edward dies?
4. Who is sent to bring Edward's mother and son to London?
5. Who is speaking in Act II, scence iii?
(a) Two noblemen.
(b) Two citizens.
(c) Two soldiers.
(d) Two gentlemen.
6. Who is the situation in England left to according to the three speakers in Act II, scene iii?
(a) The Queen.
(b) The new King.
(d) The dead King.
7. When does the Bishop suggest that Edward be coronated?
(a) In a month.
(b) The next day.
(c) Within the week.
8. Why does Richard want to create chaos in England?
(a) He is jealous.
(b) He wants more land.
(c) He wants his brothers to suffer.
(d) Because of his deformity.
9. Who does Richard accuse of having Lord Hastings imprisoned?
10. What does Buckingham want the queen to do?
(a) Go in exile to France.
(b) Crown her young son king.
(c) Crown her daughter as queen.
(d) Marry him.
11. Who does Hastings believe is responsible for his earlier imprisonment?
(a) Richard and Rivers.
(b) Grey and Rivers.
(c) Elizabeth and Edward.
(d) Grey and Richard.
12. Why does Buckingham say York cannot claim sanctuary?
(a) Because he is too young to understand it.
(b) Because it is against the orders of his future king.
(c) Because he is not an adult and hasn't committed a crime.
(d) Because he has committed a crime by fleeing.
13. Where does Clarence go when he dies in his dream?
(a) Back to London as a ghost.
(b) To hell.
(c) To heaven.
(d) To the spirit realm.
14. What traditionally follows the death of a ruler?
15. Who killed Rutland, the Duke of York's son?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Richard advise Edward to stay until his coronation?
2. What was Clarence's dream foretelling?
3. What does Richard give Anne after she doesn't kill him?
4. What type of person does Anne think Richard is?
5. What type of person does Richard want to be?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)