|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the war that concludes just prior to the play starting?
(a) War of the Straight.
(b) War of the Roses.
(c) War of 1812.
(d) War of the Dukes.
2. Richard says that he will follow Buckingham's directions in the matter of crowning a new king, "like a _______."
3. Who does Anne say killed the physical bodies of Henry and Edward of Wales?
4. Why does Richard want to create chaos in England?
(a) He wants more land.
(b) Because of his deformity.
(c) He wants his brothers to suffer.
(d) He is jealous.
5. What does Anne hope will happen to Richard's children if he gets married?
(a) That they will die.
(b) That they will be murdered.
(c) That he never has any.
(d) That they will be deformed and hideous.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Richard accuse of having Clarence imprisoned?
2. What relationship is King Henry IV to Edward of Wales?
3. What does the king do after he gets over his initial reaction to Clarence's death?
4. Who calls Richard the devil and curses him for killing her husband and son?
5. Over how long in actual history do the play's events take place?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)