|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Richard do when he first enters the scene in Act II, scene i?
(a) Apologize for his desires.
(b) Apologize for Clarence's death.
(c) Apologize for his duplicity.
(d) Apologize for any offense he may have committed.
2. Who killed Rutland, the Duke of York's son?
3. What quality in Richard is Anne impressed when he promises to oversee Henry's burial?
4. How is Clarence murdered?
(a) He is beheaded.
(b) He is drawn and quartered.
(c) He is stabbed.
(d) He is poisoned.
5. In the dream, what does Richard do when Clarence tries to steady him?
(a) Fall overbaord.
(b) Pull Clarence overboard with him.
(c) Throw Clarence overboard.
(d) Push Clarence overboard.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of person does Richard want to be?
2. Who does Richard accuse of having Clarence imprisoned?
3. Who does Richard accuse of having Lord Hastings imprisoned?
4. Richard says that he will follow Buckingham's directions in the matter of crowning a new king, "like a _______."
5. What is the King's initial reaction when Richard announces that Clarence is dead?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)