|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Buckingham want the queen to do?
(a) Marry him.
(b) Crown her daughter as queen.
(c) Go in exile to France.
(d) Crown her young son king.
2. Who does Richard tell to spread a rumor that his wife is ill?
3. What do Dorset and Rivers advise the queen to do?
(a) Crown her young son king.
(b) Name herself regeant.
(c) Name herself her son's guardian.
(d) Lament her husband's death.
4. What does Richard do when he first enters the scene in Act II, scene i?
(a) Apologize for any offense he may have committed.
(b) Apologize for Clarence's death.
(c) Apologize for his desires.
(d) Apologize for his duplicity.
5. Why does Richard say that Clarence was killed?
(a) Because of the king's dislike.
(b) Because of the king's desire.
(c) Because of the king's initial order.
(d) Because of the king's displeasure.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who hesitates when Richard asks him to kill the young princes?
2. Who says that Richard was being more cheerful when Richard is absent from the meeting about Edward's coronation date?
3. Why does Buckingham believe he is being executed?
4. How long does it take to write the indictment for Hastings?
5. Where does Stanley suggest that he and Hastings flee to?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)