|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who told Clarence's children of his death?
(a) The Queen.
(b) Their mother.
(d) The King.
2. How does the third speaker characterize the queen's brothers in Act II, scene iii?
(a) Haughty and proud.
(b) Obnoxious and spoiled.
(c) Accomplished and virtuous.
(d) Christian and humble.
3. What traditionally follows the death of a ruler?
4. How is the Duchess of York related to Clarence's son and daughter?
5. What does Richard say bore the King's initial order about Clarence?
(a) A winged horse.
(b) A winged Mercury.
(c) A winged Hermes.
(d) A winged messenger.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does King Edward want Richard, Lord Hastings, and Elizabeth's brothers to make peace?
2. Who killed Rutland, the Duke of York's son?
3. What does Richard say bore the King's countermand?
4. When the King asks for Elizabeth and the other men, who does Richard hand behind to speak with?
5. Who is Queen in Act I, scene iii?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)