|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Richard say that Clarence was killed?
(a) Because of the king's initial order.
(b) Because of the king's dislike.
(c) Because of the king's desire.
(d) Because of the king's displeasure.
2. What does Richard say bore the King's initial order about Clarence?
(a) A winged horse.
(b) A winged messenger.
(c) A winged Mercury.
(d) A winged Hermes.
3. What does Richard say bore the King's countermand?
(a) A sloth.
(b) A turtle.
(c) A cripple.
(d) A fish on land.
4. What type of person does Anne think Richard is?
(a) A bad person.
(b) The devil.
(c) The meanest person.
(d) A saint.
5. What does Richard offer to Anne so that she can kill him?
(a) A vial of poison.
(b) A lance.
(c) A sword.
(d) A dagger.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Queen in Act I, scene iii?
2. Over how long in actual history do the play's events take place?
3. When the King asks for Elizabeth and the other men, who does Richard hand behind to speak with?
4. What does the king do after he gets over his initial reaction to Clarence's death?
5. How is the Duchess of York related to Clarence's son and daughter?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)