|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does King Edward get angry with everyone present when he learns of Clarence's death?
(a) Because everyone there was not upset.
(b) Because no one spoke up for Clarence.
(c) Because no one offered to bury Clarence.
(d) Because everyone there was happy.
2. Who told Clarence's children of his death?
(b) The Queen.
(c) Their mother.
(d) The King.
3. Who is speaking in Act II, scence iii?
(a) Two noblemen.
(b) Two citizens.
(c) Two soldiers.
(d) Two gentlemen.
4. What is the King's initial reaction when Richard announces that Clarence is dead?
5. What was the king's order to kill Clarence a result of?
(a) His fear of another war.
(b) His fear or losing power.
(c) His fear of infighting.
(d) His fear of his brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Over how long in actual history do the play's events take place?
2. How is the Duchess of York related to Clarence's son and daughter?
3. What do Dorset and Rivers advise the queen to do?
4. What does the queen do when Richard announces Clarence's death?
5. Why does King Edward want Richard, Lord Hastings, and Elizabeth's brothers to make peace?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)