|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What relationship is King Henry IV to Edward of Wales?
(a) His son.
(b) His uncle.
(c) His father.
(d) His grandfather.
2. Why does King Edward want Richard, Lord Hastings, and Elizabeth's brothers to make peace?
(a) Because there have been hostilities between them.
(b) Because he wants a peaceful kingdom.
(c) Because they are hurting his son.
(d) Because they are hurting Elizabeth.
3. How does the third speaker characterize the queen's brothers in Act II, scene iii?
(a) Haughty and proud.
(b) Christian and humble.
(c) Accomplished and virtuous.
(d) Obnoxious and spoiled.
4. What was the king's order to kill Clarence a result of?
(a) His fear or losing power.
(b) His fear of infighting.
(c) His fear of another war.
(d) His fear of his brother.
5. Over how long in actual history do the play's events take place?
(a) Fifteen years.
(b) Fourteen years.
(c) Sixteen years.
(d) Seventeen years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Richard say bore the King's initial order about Clarence?
2. What does Richard offer to Anne so that she can kill him?
3. What does Richard do when he first enters the scene in Act II, scene i?
4. How is the Duchess of York related to Clarence's son and daughter?
5. Where is Act II, scene iii taking place?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)