|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Over how long in actual history do the play's events take place?
(a) Sixteen years.
(b) Fourteen years.
(c) Fifteen years.
(d) Seventeen years.
2. What does Richard do when he first enters the scene in Act II, scene i?
(a) Apologize for his desires.
(b) Apologize for any offense he may have committed.
(c) Apologize for Clarence's death.
(d) Apologize for his duplicity.
3. How does the third speaker characterize the queen's brothers in Act II, scene iii?
(a) Christian and humble.
(b) Obnoxious and spoiled.
(c) Accomplished and virtuous.
(d) Haughty and proud.
4. Why does Richard say that Clarence was killed?
(a) Because of the king's desire.
(b) Because of the king's displeasure.
(c) Because of the king's initial order.
(d) Because of the king's dislike.
5. What does Richard give Anne after she doesn't kill him?
(a) A necklace.
(b) A ring.
(c) A bracelet.
(d) A letter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Richard claims to hide his villainy behind what kind of behavior?
2. What type of person does Anne think Richard is?
3. Where does Richard eventually order Henry's body be taken?
4. What does King Edward asks Rivers and Hastings swear that they have for each other?
5. What does Richard say is the cause of Henry and Edward's deaths?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)