|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Richard say bore the King's countermand?
(a) A fish on land.
(b) A cripple.
(c) A sloth.
(d) A turtle.
2. When the King asks for Elizabeth and the other men, who does Richard hand behind to speak with?
(a) The criminals.
(b) The robbers.
(c) The assassins.
(d) The murderers.
3. What does Anne hope will happen to Richard's children if he gets married?
(a) That he never has any.
(b) That they will be murdered.
(c) That they will die.
(d) That they will be deformed and hideous.
4. What traditionally follows the death of a ruler?
5. What does Richard say bore the King's initial order about Clarence?
(a) A winged messenger.
(b) A winged Hermes.
(c) A winged Mercury.
(d) A winged horse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the situation in England left to according to the three speakers in Act II, scene iii?
2. Who killed Rutland, the Duke of York's son?
3. What does Richard do when he first enters the scene in Act II, scene i?
4. How does the third speaker characterize the queen's brothers in Act II, scene iii?
5. Who asks God that Rivers, Dorset and Lord Hastings die young?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)