* Richard of Gloucester, King Edward IV's brother, recites a monologue in which he says that peace has come to England.
* In this same monologue Richard states he was born misshapen, and is not worthy of love, so he is going to be a villain.
* Richard has laid a plot to set his two brothers, King Edward and Clarence, against each other.
* His plot involves a prophecy he invented. This prophecy, which he told the king, says that the "G of Edward's heirs" would murder him.
* Richard is sure that Edward will take that to mean Clarence will murder him since Clarence's given name is George.
* Guards are leading Clarence to the Tower when they run into Richard.
* Richard feigns ignorance and concern and asks why Clarence is going to the Tower.
* Clarence explains that the king is convinced Clarence is going to kill him and is...
This section contains 3,669 words
(approx. 13 pages at 300 words per page)