|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the setting of Act 3, Scene 3?
2. What Greek god does Richard compare himself to at Berkley Castle?
3. Which of the following is not a suggestion of one of the Queen's ladies for an activity to comfort the Queen?
4. Where will the Queen go after learning of her husband's defeat?
5. Who is inside the castle in the beginning of Act 3, Scene 3?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When would you say Richard lost his power in the play? It does not necessarily have to be the scene with the smashed mirror. Use evidence from the play to support your claims.
Essay Topic 2
How is "Richard II," a play hundreds of years old, relevant to our times today? What themes of the play are timeless? What did you see in the play that you see in your daily life?
Essay Topic 3
Who do you think lived by their values the most throughout the story? Who did not? Discuss morality in the characters, and how you think this affected their behavior.
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)