|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who of the Duke of York's family enters Windsor Castle first?
2. What is part of the significance of Act 3, Scene 2?
3. Whom does Bagot accuse in Act 4, Scene 1?
4. Who enters the prison saying "Hail, royal prince"?
5. Who is the focus of Act 3, Scene 4?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The play has been discussed as both a historical and tragic drama. In your opinion, which genre's elements were more relevant by the end of the play?
Essay Topic 2
Women played a minimal role in "Richard II". Why do you think this is and how would the play have been different if the female characters had stronger roles?
Essay Topic 3
How is "Richard II," a play hundreds of years old, relevant to our times today? What themes of the play are timeless? What did you see in the play that you see in your daily life?
This section contains 948 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)