|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Exton quote as saying "Have I no friend?"
2. Who said, "Let's fight with gentle words"?
3. Who enters the prison saying "Hail, royal prince"?
4. Where is Exton going to go after leaving Act 5, Scene 4?
5. Who claims they heard Aumerle bragging about murdering?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There are many acts of compassion throughout the play. Describe some of the most important examples of this of compassion that you witnessed. Discuss the irony of who performed these acts and the situations surrounding them.
Essay Topic 2
Did Bolingbroke want Richard to be killed? Discuss whether or not you believe Exton, that he wanted Richard executed, and what that changes about Bolingbroke's surface layer of nobility.
Essay Topic 3
Bolingbroke's stepping into power seemed to come out of nowhere and escalated rapidly as the earlier scenes played out. Did Bolingbroke ever overstep his boundaries during this time? Describe his rise to power, and compare it to Richard's loss.
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)