|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of place will the Queen live after she leaves England?
2. "Hence, villain! Never more come in my sight." Who says this?
3. How is Richard described to Bolingbroke after the initial meeting in Act 3, Scene 3?
4. Where is Richard to be exiled by Bolingbroke?
5. Who enters the prison saying "Hail, royal prince"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When would you say Richard lost his power in the play? It does not necessarily have to be the scene with the smashed mirror. Use evidence from the play to support your claims.
Essay Topic 2
Did Bolingbroke want Richard to be killed? Discuss whether or not you believe Exton, that he wanted Richard executed, and what that changes about Bolingbroke's surface layer of nobility.
Essay Topic 3
How is "Richard II," a play hundreds of years old, relevant to our times today? What themes of the play are timeless? What did you see in the play that you see in your daily life?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)