|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the final line of Act 3, Scene 4?
2. Which of the following does York not call his son in Act 5, Scene 2?
3. What is the final line of Act 5, Scene 1?
4. Whom does Scroop insist sides with Bolingbroke?
5. Where is the prison in Act 5, Scene 5?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The play has been discussed as both a historical and tragic drama. In your opinion, which genre's elements were more relevant by the end of the play?
Essay Topic 2
Bolingbroke's stepping into power seemed to come out of nowhere and escalated rapidly as the earlier scenes played out. Did Bolingbroke ever overstep his boundaries during this time? Describe his rise to power, and compare it to Richard's loss.
Essay Topic 3
Who do you think lived by their values the most throughout the story? Who did not? Discuss morality in the characters, and how you think this affected their behavior.
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)