|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bolingbroke question of Bagot when they arrive in London?
2. How does Richard respond to Bolingbroke's demands?
3. Whom does Scroop insist sides with Bolingbroke?
4. Who claims they heard Aumerle bragging about murdering?
5. "Villain, I'll make thee safe." Who says this?
Essay Topic 1
The play has been discussed as both a historical and tragic drama. In your opinion, which genre's elements were more relevant by the end of the play?
Essay Topic 2
Richard and Bolingbroke were very different types of kings. Compare and contrast their kingship and their general character traits that made them the kings they were.
Essay Topic 3
Shakespeare's symbolism of England as sacred ground, a second "Eden" of sorts, was a theme that was heavily used in the play, and something often explored in the lessons. Discuss this symbolism and its most striking examples in the play.
This section contains 960 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)