|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What object does Richard break in Act 4, Scene 1?
2. Which of the following is not a suggestion of one of the Queen's ladies for an activity to comfort the Queen?
3. Who says, "For on my heart they tread now whilst I live"?
4. What is the final line of Act 3, Scene 4?
5. What does Exton say he will do in Act 5, Scene 4?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss themes, symbolisms, motivations, etc. you noticed in the play that were not discussed in class. Compare their relevance to those that were discussed throughout the lessons. Discuss their effect on your overall experience and lasting impression of "Richard II."
Essay Topic 2
The play has been discussed as both a historical and tragic drama. In your opinion, which genre's elements were more relevant by the end of the play?
Essay Topic 3
How is reading a play a different experience than reading a novel? Which aspects of "Richard II" were most helpful for you to visualize the events? How would this have been different should "Richard II" have been a novel?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)