Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Hence, villain! Never more come in my sight." Who says this?
2. What is the final line in Act 3, Scene 2?
3. Which of the following is Richard not doing in Act 5, Scene 5?
4. Who claims they heard Aumerle bragging about murdering?
5. Which of the following is not a suggestion of one of the Queen's ladies for an activity to comfort the Queen?
Essay Topic 1
York and Gaunt were very adamant about being loyal to the king, whoever the king may have been. We discussed their traditional beliefs. What were these beliefs specifically, and what did following them so strictly say of their character? Was this strict adherence to these beliefs masking anything underneath? Discuss.
Essay Topic 2
In the first scene, we see Richard behaving quite fairly and just as a leader. In the second, we are given reason to question his righteousness. By the third scene, we witness Richard banish Bolingbroke for a particularly unclear reason. Describe your experience trusting Richard, and mark the point in the play when you completely understood he was untrustworthy.
Essay Topic 3
When would you say Richard lost his power in the play? It does not necessarily have to be the scene with the smashed mirror. Use evidence from the play to support your claims.
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)