|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the last straw for Richard in Act 3, Scene 2?
2. Who is inside the castle in the beginning of Act 3, Scene 3?
3. Which of the following is not a suggestion of one of the Queen's ladies for an activity to comfort the Queen?
4. Who enters the prison saying "Hail, royal prince"?
5. How does Richard refer to the imaginary person he is speaking to in line 55?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is reading a play a different experience than reading a novel? Which aspects of "Richard II" were most helpful for you to visualize the events? How would this have been different should "Richard II" have been a novel?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss themes, symbolisms, motivations, etc. you noticed in the play that were not discussed in class. Compare their relevance to those that were discussed throughout the lessons. Discuss their effect on your overall experience and lasting impression of "Richard II."
Essay Topic 3
There are many acts of compassion throughout the play. Describe some of the most important examples of this of compassion that you witnessed. Discuss the irony of who performed these acts and the situations surrounding them.
This section contains 982 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)