|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where will the Queen go after learning of her husband's defeat?
2. How does Richard respond to Bolingbroke's demands?
3. Who is inside the castle in the beginning of Act 3, Scene 3?
4. Who do York and the Duchess feel pity for in Act 5, Scene 2?
5. Who speaks first in Act 5, Scene 4?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There are numerous displays of power and people yielding to that power in "Richard II". What were some of the most important examples of this, and what does it say about the characters who acted in this way? Think about how loyalties changed over the course of the play when addressing this question.
Essay Topic 2
How is reading a play a different experience than reading a novel? Which aspects of "Richard II" were most helpful for you to visualize the events? How would this have been different should "Richard II" have been a novel?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss themes, symbolisms, motivations, etc. you noticed in the play that were not discussed in class. Compare their relevance to those that were discussed throughout the lessons. Discuss their effect on your overall experience and lasting impression of "Richard II."
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)