|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who claims they heard Aumerle bragging about murdering?
2. What does Richard give Bolingbroke during the first meeting since the beginning of the play?
3. What does Exton say he will do in Act 5, Scene 4?
4. Where will the Queen go after learning of her husband's defeat?
5. Where is Richard to be exiled by Bolingbroke?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There are many acts of compassion throughout the play. Describe some of the most important examples of this of compassion that you witnessed. Discuss the irony of who performed these acts and the situations surrounding them.
Essay Topic 2
Shakespeare's symbolism of England as sacred ground, a second "Eden" of sorts, was a theme that was heavily used in the play, and something often explored in the lessons. Discuss this symbolism and its most striking examples in the play.
Essay Topic 3
Bolingbroke's stepping into power seemed to come out of nowhere and escalated rapidly as the earlier scenes played out. Did Bolingbroke ever overstep his boundaries during this time? Describe his rise to power, and compare it to Richard's loss.
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)