|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who said, "Let's fight with gentle words"?
2. Which of the following is Richard not doing in Act 5, Scene 5?
3. What object does Richard break in Act 4, Scene 1?
4. Who enters the prison saying "Hail, royal prince"?
5. Who says, "For on my heart they tread now whilst I live"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There are many acts of compassion throughout the play. Describe some of the most important examples of this of compassion that you witnessed. Discuss the irony of who performed these acts and the situations surrounding them.
Essay Topic 2
How is reading a play a different experience than reading a novel? Which aspects of "Richard II" were most helpful for you to visualize the events? How would this have been different should "Richard II" have been a novel?
Essay Topic 3
The concept of "family" seemed more important to some characters than to others. Describe to whom family was and wasn't important. What were the priorities for the people who found other things to be more important than family?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)