|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is arrested in Act 4, Scene 1?
2. Where will Bolingbroke take Richard after their first confrontation since the beginning of the play?
3. What is the setting of Act 5, Scene 4?
4. Who does Exton quote as saying "Have I no friend?"
5. How does Richard respond to Bolingbroke's demands?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When would you say Richard lost his power in the play? It does not necessarily have to be the scene with the smashed mirror. Use evidence from the play to support your claims.
Essay Topic 2
Shakespeare's symbolism of England as sacred ground, a second "Eden" of sorts, was a theme that was heavily used in the play, and something often explored in the lessons. Discuss this symbolism and its most striking examples in the play.
Essay Topic 3
Richard's eloquent speeches were a very important aspect of the play. What did these speeches say of Richard's character? What did they add to the play? Did anyone else speak like Richard?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)