|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Richard hear that interrupts his speech in Act 5, Scene 5?
2. When do thieves and robbers act, according to Richard?
3. Who informs Richard that Bushy and Green are dead?
4. What does Richard warn the third speaker of Act 5, Scene 1?
5. What does Richard compare Bolingbroke and his followers to?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Did Bolingbroke want Richard to be killed? Discuss whether or not you believe Exton, that he wanted Richard executed, and what that changes about Bolingbroke's surface layer of nobility.
Essay Topic 2
York and Gaunt were very adamant about being loyal to the king, whoever the king may have been. We discussed their traditional beliefs. What were these beliefs specifically, and what did following them so strictly say of their character? Was this strict adherence to these beliefs masking anything underneath? Discuss.
Essay Topic 3
How is "Richard II," a play hundreds of years old, relevant to our times today? What themes of the play are timeless? What did you see in the play that you see in your daily life?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)