|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is sent to talk with Richard in Act 3, Scene 3?
2. Who does Bolingbroke question the status of in Act 5, Scene 3?
3. Where will the Queen go after learning of her husband's defeat?
4. "Villain, I'll make thee safe." Who says this?
5. What is the final line of Act 5, Scene 1?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1How is "Richard II," a play hundreds of years old, relevant to our times today? What themes of the play are timeless? What did you see in the play that you see in your daily life?
Essay Topic 2The concept of "family" seemed more important to some characters than to others. Describe to whom family was and wasn't important. What were the priorities for the people who found other things to be more important than family?
Essay Topic 3There are numerous displays of power and people yielding to that power in "Richard II". What were some of the most important examples of this, and what does it say about the characters who acted in this way? Think about how loyalties changed over the course of the play when addressing this question.
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)