|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word does Bolingbroke use to refer to the person he is looking for in Act 5, Scene 3?
2. What is the final line in Act 3, Scene 2?
3. Who is to be executed in Act 5, Scene 3?
4. Whom does Bagot accuse in Act 4, Scene 1?
5. Who is inside the castle in the beginning of Act 3, Scene 3?
Essay Topic 1
There are numerous displays of power and people yielding to that power in "Richard II". What were some of the most important examples of this, and what does it say about the characters who acted in this way? Think about how loyalties changed over the course of the play when addressing this question.
Essay Topic 2
How is "Richard II," a play hundreds of years old, relevant to our times today? What themes of the play are timeless? What did you see in the play that you see in your daily life?
Essay Topic 3
Women played a minimal role in "Richard II". Why do you think this is and how would the play have been different if the female characters had stronger roles?
This section contains 979 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)