|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What object does Richard break in Act 4, Scene 1?
2. Who is the last character to speak in Act 3, Scene 2?
3. Who is inside the castle in the beginning of Act 3, Scene 3?
4. Who do York and the Duchess feel pity for in Act 5, Scene 2?
5. What does Richard give Bolingbroke during the first meeting since the beginning of the play?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Women played a minimal role in "Richard II". Why do you think this is and how would the play have been different if the female characters had stronger roles?
Essay Topic 2
Shakespeare's symbolism of England as sacred ground, a second "Eden" of sorts, was a theme that was heavily used in the play, and something often explored in the lessons. Discuss this symbolism and its most striking examples in the play.
Essay Topic 3
Richard's eloquent speeches were a very important aspect of the play. What did these speeches say of Richard's character? What did they add to the play? Did anyone else speak like Richard?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)