|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of place will the Queen live after she leaves England?
2. Where will the Queen go after learning of her husband's defeat?
3. What is the final line of Act 3, Scene 3?
4. Who says, "For on my heart they tread now whilst I live"?
5. Where is the setting of Act 5, Scene 2?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The concept of "family" seemed more important to some characters than to others. Describe to whom family was and wasn't important. What were the priorities for the people who found other things to be more important than family?
Essay Topic 2
Richard's eloquent speeches were a very important aspect of the play. What did these speeches say of Richard's character? What did they add to the play? Did anyone else speak like Richard?
Essay Topic 3
Richard and Bolingbroke were very different types of kings. Compare and contrast their kingship and their general character traits that made them the kings they were.
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)