|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Bolingbroke's father?
(a) Sir Henry Green.
(c) Lord Ross.
(d) Earl of Northumberland.
2. Who does Bolingbroke specifically promise to "weed and pluck away" in Act 2, Scene 3?
(b) All of the above.
(c) Bushy and Bagot.
3. What was Mowbray supposed to be doing with Richard's uncle when he died?
(a) Guarding him.
(b) Accompany him while traveling.
(c) Showing him the courtyards.
(d) Practicing to duel.
4. Who is the first character to speak in Act 1, Scene 1?
5. Who stops the duel as it begins?
(c) The Duchess of Gloucester.
(d) The Queen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Duchess of Gloucester's purpose in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. Where does Bushy inform Richard that Gaunt is in Act 1, Scene 4?
3. Who informally swears their allegiance to Bolingbroke in Act 2, Scene 3?
4. Who is the last to speak in Act 2, Scene 3?
5. How will Richard handle the situation in Ireland?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Richard ultimately respond to the conflict of Act 1, Scene 1?
2. Who is Bolingbroke looking for in Act 5, Scene 3? Describe what you know of this person.
3. Who is sent to meet with Richard inside Flint Castle? What happens?
4. How does Gaunt try lifting Bolingbroke's spirits? Does it work?
5. In Act 1, Scene 2, what does the Duchess of Gloucester seem to be saying she is going to do?
6. Summarize Bushy and Greens' final moments.
7. What happens at the end of Act 5, Scene 1? What does this say of York?
8. What is the conversation in Flint Castle between Richard and Aumerle immediately following the one with Northumberland?
9. What is the news that ultimately destroys Richard's spirits? What does he do?
10. Are Richard and the Queen allowed to be together? Where are they being sent?
This section contains 720 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)