|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gaunt mock while he speaks with Richard in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) His name.
(b) His wife's cooking.
(c) His sickness.
(d) His son's exile.
2. Who does Mowbray admit to have scheming against in the past?
(d) The Duke of Aumerle.
3. Of which quality of Bolingbroke does Richard worry?
(a) Bolingbroke is much stronger than Richard.
(b) His intelligence often outsmarted Richard in their youth.
(c) Bolingbroke is always able to persuade people to take his side.
(d) He is gracious to and loved by the common people.
4. Who informally swears their allegiance to Bolingbroke in Act 2, Scene 3?
5. Where was the setting for Act 1, Scene 1?
(b) Alexandra Palace.
(c) Windsor Castle.
(d) Buckingham Palace.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who stops the duel as it begins?
2. Who tells of Bolingbroke's arrival in England?
3. Why does Gaunt seem aloof to his brother's death?
4. Who is the first character to speak in Act 1, Scene 1?
5. "...for God's substitute, His deputy anointed in His sight..." Who is being referred to here?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Richard ultimately respond to the conflict of Act 1, Scene 1?
2. What do we learn has occurred in Northumberland's circle of Percy and the Duke of Worcester in Act 2, Scene 3? How does Percy introduce himself to Bolingbroke?
3. Of what do Mowbray and Bolingbroke accuse one another in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. What does Gaunt reveal in Act 1, Scene 2?
5. What does Mowbray admit to during the feud of the first scene?
6. How does Act 3, Scene 3 end?
7. What would it seem that Exton is going to do in Act 5, Scene 4?
8. How is Act 1, Scene 1 different after the revelations of Scene 2?
9. Summarize Bushy and Greens' final moments.
10. How does Bolingbroke handle the murder of Richard?
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)