|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Richard say he is to go immediately following Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) To prepare his army's generals.
(b) To ride his horse.
(c) To eat dinner with the Queen.
(d) To see Gaunt.
2. Where was the setting for Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Buckingham Palace.
(c) Alexandra Palace.
(d) Windsor Castle.
3. Who in Ireland is worrying Richard in Act 1, Scene 4?
4. Who does Bolingbroke put in charge of escorting the prisoners away?
5. How many gold coins does Bolingbroke accuse Mowbray of withholding from the army?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who announces Gaunt's death?
2. Who has the longest speech in Act 3, Scene 1?
3. Which character officially swears in Mowbray and Bolingbroke at the duel?
4. What does Gaunt call Richard in Act 2, Scene 1?
5. What are the prophecies discussed in Act 2, Scene 4 supposed to forewarn?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Richard ultimately respond to the conflict of Act 1, Scene 1?
2. What does Richard announce he will do at the end of Act 2, Scene 1? What do we learn will happen upon his doing so?
3. What is the conversation in Flint Castle between Richard and Aumerle immediately following the one with Northumberland?
4. In Act 1, Scene 2, what does the Duchess of Gloucester seem to be saying she is going to do?
5. What is Richard told has happened to the Welsh army? How does Richard respond?
6. What is the overall mood of Act 2, Scene 2?
7. Who is sent to meet with Richard inside Flint Castle? What happens?
8. Whose well-being is Bolingbroke concerned about after dismissing Bushy and Green to their execution? What does he do to ensure this well-being?
9. How does Richard greet England upon returning from Ireland?
10. Why doesn't Richard trust Bolingbroke's relationship with the people of England?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)