|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who invites Bolingbroke to stay at Berkley Castle?
(c) Lord Berkley.
2. What do Northumberland, Ross, and Willoughby discuss after Richard leaves Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) All three answers are correct.
(b) Bolingbroke's loss of property.
(c) The war in Ireland.
(d) Their disgust of Richard.
3. What is the Duchess of Gloucester's purpose in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) She worries aloud about money.
(b) She begs Gaunt to act humanely.
(c) She confesses that she did not love the Duke.
(d) She begs Gaunt to avenge her husband's death.
4. How many lines are in Act 2, Scene 4?
(b) One hundred.
(c) Two hundred.
(d) Twenty four.
5. Who is upset over Richard's absence in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) The Queen.
(c) The Duke of York.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who announces Gaunt's death?
2. "Though banish'd, yet a true born Englishman." Who says this quote?
3. Where does Richard say he is to go immediately following Act 1, Scene 4?
4. What does Bolingbroke claim to be his intentions for invading England?
5. Who does Bolingbroke put in charge of escorting the prisoners away?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the major revelation of Act 1, Scene 4?
2. Are Richard and the Queen allowed to be together? Where are they being sent?
3. What does the Duchess of Gloucester beg for Gaunt to do in Act 1, Scene 2? How does he respond?
4. Whose well-being is Bolingbroke concerned about after dismissing Bushy and Green to their execution? What does he do to ensure this well-being?
5. What is the overall mood of Act 2, Scene 2?
6. How does Richard ultimately respond to the conflict of Act 1, Scene 1?
7. Who is Bolingbroke looking for in Act 5, Scene 3? Describe what you know of this person.
8. How long have the Captain and Salisbury been waiting for Richard? Have they heard from them? Who else is waiting with them?
9. What does Gaunt reveal in Act 1, Scene 2?
10. How does Act 5, Scene 5 end?
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)