|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who invites Bolingbroke to stay at Berkley Castle?
(c) Lord Berkley.
2. Which of the following is not one of the prophecies alarming the characters of Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) The moon looks bloody.
(b) Ruffians dancing.
(c) Endless rain.
3. What do the characters decide to do at the end of Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) They will wait.
(b) They will invade Ireland on their own.
(c) They will kill themselves.
(d) They will not stay.
4. "Though banish'd, yet a true born Englishman." Who says this quote?
(a) Lord Marshal.
5. How will Richard handle the situation in Ireland?
(a) He will go there himself.
(b) He will send Green.
(c) He will see how the situation plays out for another month.
(d) He has ordered an army to invade.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who announces Gaunt's death?
2. Who was Richard's uncle and Gaunt's brother?
3. Which is the final line of Act 1, Scene 2?
4. How many characters are in Act 2, Scene 4?
5. "The king reposeth all his confidence in thee." Who says this?
Short Essay Questions
1. In the beginning of Act 3, Scene 3 there is information Bolingbroke and Richard each do not know, that the other does. What is this information for each party?
2. Who is sent to meet with Richard inside Flint Castle? What happens?
3. How is Richard's kingship represented in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. What are the Duchess and the Duke discussing in the beginning of Act 5, Scene 2? What happened in the story?
5. Whose well-being is Bolingbroke concerned about after dismissing Bushy and Green to their execution? What does he do to ensure this well-being?
6. Describe Richard's condition in the beginning of Act 5, Scene 5. What is he doing?
7. How is Richard going to dismantle the finances of England to pay for his war in Ireland?
8. How does Richard greet England upon returning from Ireland?
9. In Act 1, Scene 2, what does the Duchess of Gloucester seem to be saying she is going to do?
10. Summarize Bushy and Greens' final moments.
This section contains 769 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)