|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says "What a tide of woes comes rushing on this woeful land at once!" in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) The Duke of York.
(d) The Queen.
2. How does York regard Bolingbroke's acting against the king?
3. Where does Bushy inform Richard that Gaunt is in Act 1, Scene 4?
(b) Ely House.
(c) Windsor Castle.
(d) Thames House.
4. Who is Northumberland's son?
5. Which character officially swears in Mowbray and Bolingbroke at the duel?
(a) Lord Marshal.
(d) Duke Aumerle.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Well, he is gone, and with him go these thoughts." Who says this?
2. What does Bolingbroke claim to be his intentions for invading England?
3. How will Richard handle the situation in Ireland?
4. Who is the first to speak in Act 1, Scene 4?
5. "The king reposeth all his confidence in thee." Who says this?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what happens right before the duel between Mowbray and Bolingbroke is to begin.
2. What happens immediately preceding the official start of the duel?
3. How does Gaunt try lifting Bolingbroke's spirits? Does it work?
4. Whose power seems to be stronger as of Act 2, Scene 3: Richard's or Bolingbroke's?
5. What is Bolingbroke going to do to Bushy and Green in Act 3, Scene 1? What are his reasons for doing so?
6. Why doesn't Richard trust Bolingbroke's relationship with the people of England?
7. What is the major revelation of Act 1, Scene 4?
8. What happens after Aumerle and his family enter Act 5, Scene 3?
9. Of what do Mowbray and Bolingbroke accuse one another in Act 1, Scene 1?
10. Why is the Duke of York not supportive of Bolingbroke's revolution?
This section contains 823 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)