|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many characters speak in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. Who does Bolingbroke put in charge of escorting the prisoners away?
3. Where does Bushy inform Richard that Gaunt is in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) Ely House.
(b) Windsor Castle.
(c) Thames House.
4. Why don't Bolingbroke and Mowbray forgive one another?
(a) They have both sworn to God they would seek vengeance.
(b) It would be forfeiting their honor.
(c) They have had a rivalry since childhood.
(d) Both have not shared everything they are upset over.
5. What is the double metaphor spoken in the Duchess's first speech of the play?
(a) Vials of blood; branches from one root.
(b) Rose petals; a dagger dripping blood.
(c) Doves flying; a harp playing angel.
(d) A crying baby; nurses working corruptly.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does York tell the men to meet him as he leaves Act 2, Scene 2?
2. Who of the following characters have not fled to Bolingbroke's army?
3. Which of the following is not a reason Bolingbroke is executing the prisoners?
4. Who does the Duchess wish ill upon at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
5. Why is Richard confused about Gaunt's reaction towards Bolingbroke's sentence?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is sent to meet with Richard inside Flint Castle? What happens?
2. What is the conversation in Flint Castle between Richard and Aumerle immediately following the one with Northumberland?
3. What happens after Aumerle and his family enter Act 5, Scene 3?
4. Whose well-being is Bolingbroke concerned about after dismissing Bushy and Green to their execution? What does he do to ensure this well-being?
5. How does Act 5, Scene 5 end?
6. Why does the Captain think Richard is dead?
7. What is the major revelation of Act 1, Scene 4?
8. Why doesn't Richard trust Bolingbroke's relationship with the people of England?
9. Describe Bushy, Bagot, and Green's different plans at the end of Act 2, Scene 2.
10. What does the Duchess of Gloucester beg for Gaunt to do in Act 1, Scene 2? How does he respond?
This section contains 837 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)