|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the last line of Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) "With letters of your love to her at large."
(b) "Thanks, gentle uncle. Come, lords, away."
(c) "A while to work, and after holiday."
(d) "And plague injustice with the pains of hell."
2. "...for God's substitute, His deputy anointed in His sight..." Who is being referred to here?
(a) The king.
(b) The pope.
(c) The judge.
(d) The shaman.
3. Who is the first to speak in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) Lord Aumerle.
4. What do the characters decide to do at the end of Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) They will not stay.
(b) They will wait.
(c) They will invade Ireland on their own.
(d) They will kill themselves.
5. Of which quality of Bolingbroke does Richard worry?
(a) Bolingbroke is much stronger than Richard.
(b) Bolingbroke is always able to persuade people to take his side.
(c) His intelligence often outsmarted Richard in their youth.
(d) He is gracious to and loved by the common people.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Bolingbroke's father?
2. How many gold coins does Bolingbroke accuse Mowbray of withholding from the army?
3. Who is at Bristow Castle in Act 2, Scene 2?
4. What was Mowbray supposed to be doing with Richard's uncle when he died?
5. Who is prisoner in Act 3, Scene 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Gaunt and York discuss privately in the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1?
2. What does Bushy announce in Act 1, Scene 4 and how does Richard react?
3. Whose power seems to be stronger as of Act 2, Scene 3: Richard's or Bolingbroke's?
4. How does Act 5, Scene 5 end?
5. How does Richard greet England upon returning from Ireland?
6. What do we learn has occurred in Northumberland's circle of Percy and the Duke of Worcester in Act 2, Scene 3? How does Percy introduce himself to Bolingbroke?
7. Summarize Bushy and Greens' final moments.
8. What does Richard announce he will do at the end of Act 2, Scene 1? What do we learn will happen upon his doing so?
9. What is the Queen doing in the beginning of Act 3, Scene 4? What changes this behavior?
10. Describe Richard's condition in the beginning of Act 5, Scene 5. What is he doing?
This section contains 809 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)