|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Duchess of Gloucester's purpose in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) She worries aloud about money.
(b) She begs Gaunt to act humanely.
(c) She confesses that she did not love the Duke.
(d) She begs Gaunt to avenge her husband's death.
2. "Though banish'd, yet a true born Englishman." Who says this quote?
(d) Lord Marshal.
3. Who is the first to speak in Act 2, Scene 1?
4. Who is the first to speak in Act 1, Scene 4?
(b) Lord Aumerle.
5. Which of the following is not a reason Bolingbroke is executing the prisoners?
(a) Misleading Richard.
(b) Upset the queen.
(c) They have murdered.
(d) Causing Richard to banish Bolingbroke.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who in Ireland is worrying Richard in Act 1, Scene 4?
2. Which of the following lines is what the Queen says to the bearer of the news of Bolingbroke?
3. Who does the Servant announce has died in Act 2, Scene 2?
4. Who is the first character to speak in Act 2, Scene 4?
5. How does Bolingbroke justify executing the prisoners?
Short Essay Questions
1. What worries the men in Act 2, Scene 4?
2. What are the Duchess and the Duke discussing in the beginning of Act 5, Scene 2? What happened in the story?
3. How does Bolingbroke justify taking license to execute?
4. Why does the Captain think Richard is dead?
5. Of what do Mowbray and Bolingbroke accuse one another in Act 1, Scene 1?
6. Why doesn't Richard trust Bolingbroke's relationship with the people of England?
7. How is Act 1, Scene 1 different after the revelations of Scene 2?
8. How does Bolingbroke handle the murder of Richard?
9. In Act 1, Scene 2, what does the Duchess of Gloucester seem to be saying she is going to do?
10. How long have the Captain and Salisbury been waiting for Richard? Have they heard from them? Who else is waiting with them?
This section contains 770 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)