|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is prisoner in Act 3, Scene 1?
2. How many characters are in Act 2, Scene 4?
3. To whom does Bolingbroke send a message to in Act 3, Scene 1 that he has no ill-will towards?
(b) The Duchess of Gloucester.
(d) The Queen.
4. What are the prophecies discussed in Act 2, Scene 4 supposed to forewarn?
(a) England is to be overthrown.
(b) The war is doomed.
(c) There will be a plague.
(d) The king is dead.
5. Who does the Servant announce has died in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) The Duchess of Gloucester.
(d) The Duke of Kent.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the setting of Act 1, Scene 2?
2. Which of the following is not one of the prophecies alarming the characters of Act 2, Scene 4?
3. What is the Duchess of Gloucester's purpose in Act 1, Scene 2?
4. What does Bolingbroke claim to be his intentions for invading England?
5. What does Northumberland then confide to Ross and Willoughby in Act 2, Scene 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. Summarize Bushy and Greens' final moments.
2. How does Act 3, Scene 3 end?
3. How does Act 5, Scene 5 end?
4. How does Richard ultimately respond to the conflict of Act 1, Scene 1?
5. What is the conversation in Flint Castle between Richard and Aumerle immediately following the one with Northumberland?
6. Whose power seems to be stronger as of Act 2, Scene 3: Richard's or Bolingbroke's?
7. What does Gaunt reveal in Act 1, Scene 2?
8. What does Richard announce he will do at the end of Act 2, Scene 1? What do we learn will happen upon his doing so?
9. How does Richard greet England upon returning from Ireland?
10. What happens immediately preceding the official start of the duel?
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)