|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Bolingbroke question the status of in Act 5, Scene 3?
(a) His son.
(b) His wife.
(c) Richard's wife.
2. What is Richard's initial reaction upon discussing Bushy and Green after his departure from Ireland?
(a) He applauds their bravery.
(b) He curses them.
(c) He sends their wives money.
(d) He mourns after their deaths.
3. Which of the following is Richard not doing in Act 5, Scene 5?
(a) Talking to himself.
(b) Planning escape.
(c) Imagining being outside.
4. Who is to be executed in Act 5, Scene 3?
(a) Aumerle, his accomplices, and his family.
(b) Aumerle and his accomplices.
(c) Aumerle's accomplices.
5. Who is inside the castle in the beginning of Act 3, Scene 3?
(b) No one.
(c) Richard and Bolingbroke.
6. What word does Bolingbroke use to refer to the person he is looking for in Act 5, Scene 3?
7. What is the setting of Act 5, Scene 4?
(a) Windsor Castle.
(b) Pomfret Castle.
(c) Yorkshire Castle.
(d) Berkley Castle.
8. What is the final line of Act 5, Scene 1?
(a) "That I may strive to kill it with a groan."
(b) "Once more adieu, the rest let sorrow say."
(c) "We make woe wanton with this fond delay."
(d) "One kiss shall stop our mouths, and dumbly part."
9. Where will the Queen go after learning of her husband's defeat?
(d) Flint Castle.
10. Where will Bolingbroke take Richard after their first confrontation since the beginning of the play?
(b) Berkley Castle.
(c) Flint Castle.
11. Who kills Richard?
12. What does Richard compare Bolingbroke and his followers to?
(a) Spiders and toads.
(b) Mold and rust.
(c) Snakes and roaches.
(d) Rats and diseases.
13. Which of the following does York not call his son in Act 5, Scene 2?
14. Where is the prison in Act 5, Scene 5?
(a) Berkley Castle.
(b) Windsor Castle.
(c) Pomfret Castle.
(d) The Tower of London.
15. Who claims they heard Aumerle bragging about murdering?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Scroop insist sides with Bolingbroke?
2. What is the final line of Act 3, Scene 4?
3. Who supports the claims Exton makes in Act 5, Scene 4?
4. Who do York and the Duchess feel pity for in Act 5, Scene 2?
5. What does Richard give Bolingbroke during the first meeting since the beginning of the play?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)