|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is arrested in Act 4, Scene 1?
2. Who is inside the castle in the beginning of Act 3, Scene 3?
(b) No one.
(c) Richard and Bolingbroke.
3. What object does Richard break in Act 4, Scene 1?
(a) A mirror.
(b) The royal crown.
(c) A window.
(d) A vase.
4. Where did Mowbray die?
5. What is the final line in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) "To ear the land that hath some hope to grow."
(b) "That bids me be of comfort any more."
(c) "From Richard's night to Bolingbroke's fair day."
(d) "To alter this, for counsel is but vain."
6. What type of place will the Queen live after she leaves England?
(a) The French royal family's summer estate.
(b) A convent.
(c) A school for privileged girls.
(d) A house Bolingbroke has bought for her.
7. How large was the Welsh army?
8. What word does Bolingbroke use to refer to the person he is looking for in Act 5, Scene 3?
9. Where is the prison in Act 5, Scene 5?
(a) Windsor Castle.
(b) The Tower of London.
(c) Berkley Castle.
(d) Pomfret Castle.
10. Where is the setting of Act 5, Scene 2?
(a) Aumerle's house.
(b) Berkley Castle.
(c) A garden.
(d) The Duke of York's house.
11. What is Aumerle holding when he enters Act 5, Scene 2?
(a) A document with a plan to assassinate Richard.
(b) A Bible.
(c) A document with a plan to assassinate Bolingbroke.
(d) A letter to Richard.
12. Who kills Richard?
13. How is Richard described to Bolingbroke after the initial meeting in Act 3, Scene 3?
(a) "...like a frantic man."
(b) "His voice trembles into valleys."
(c) "His eyes quiver as though alien."
(d) "...like a lost child."
14. Where is the Queen being sent from England?
15. Who is to be executed in Act 5, Scene 3?
(a) Aumerle, his accomplices, and his family.
(b) Aumerle's accomplices.
(d) Aumerle and his accomplices.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Richard touch and speak to lovingly in Act 3, Scene 2?
2. What does Bolingbroke question of Bagot when they arrive in London?
3. Whom does Scroop insist sides with Bolingbroke?
4. What Greek god does Richard compare himself to at Berkley Castle?
5. Which of the following is Richard not doing in Act 5, Scene 5?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)