|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who said, "Let's fight with gentle words"?
2. Which of the following is not a suggestion of one of the Queen's ladies for an activity to comfort the Queen?
3. Who do York and the Duchess feel pity for in Act 5, Scene 2?
(a) The Queen.
(c) All of the above.
4. What type of place will the Queen live after she leaves England?
(a) The French royal family's summer estate.
(b) A house Bolingbroke has bought for her.
(c) A convent.
(d) A school for privileged girls.
5. Where will the Queen go after learning of her husband's defeat?
(a) Flint Castle.
6. When do thieves and robbers act, according to Richard?
(a) "...When the searching eye of heaven is hid."
(b) "After the sun has winked its final glance."
(c) "In the witching hour established by those monsters alone."
(d) "...As the tide rises and the moon lurks over."
7. Who does Exton quote as saying "Have I no friend?"
(a) The Queen.
8. Who is the last character to speak in Act 3, Scene 2?
9. What does Exton say he will do in Act 5, Scene 4?
(a) Kill himself.
(b) Kill Richard.
(c) Kill Aumerle.
(d) Kill Bolingbroke.
10. Where will Bolingbroke take Richard after their first confrontation since the beginning of the play?
(c) Flint Castle.
(d) Berkley Castle.
11. What does Richard give Bolingbroke during the first meeting since the beginning of the play?
(a) The inheritance.
(b) A lashing with his sword.
(c) The throne.
(d) The literal crown from his head.
12. Who says, "For on my heart they tread now whilst I live"?
13. Which of the following characters is not in Act 3, Scene 2?
14. Who of the Duke of York's family enters Windsor Castle first?
(a) The Duchess.
(c) They all enter together.
(d) The Duke.
15. Who is the first to speak in Act 3, Scene 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who kills Richard?
2. Who is the last character to speak in Act 5, Scene 2?
3. What does the gardener plant for the Queen?
4. "Villain, I'll make thee safe." Who says this?
5. How is Richard described to Bolingbroke after the initial meeting in Act 3, Scene 3?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)