|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do York and the Duchess feel pity for in Act 5, Scene 2?
(c) All of the above.
(d) The Queen.
2. What is Aumerle holding when he enters Act 5, Scene 2?
(a) A document with a plan to assassinate Bolingbroke.
(b) A Bible.
(c) A letter to Richard.
(d) A document with a plan to assassinate Richard.
3. Where is Richard to be exiled by Bolingbroke?
4. Who is sent to talk with Richard in Act 3, Scene 3?
(c) An attendant.
5. Who says, "For on my heart they tread now whilst I live"?
6. Where is the setting of Act 5, Scene 2?
(a) Aumerle's house.
(b) The Duke of York's house.
(c) Berkley Castle.
(d) A garden.
7. Who claims they heard Aumerle bragging about murdering?
8. What does Richard touch and speak to lovingly in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) The ground.
(b) The Queen.
(c) His newborn child.
(d) A dog.
9. Where will the Queen go after learning of her husband's defeat?
(c) Flint Castle.
10. What is the final line of Act 5, Scene 1?
(a) "We make woe wanton with this fond delay."
(b) "That I may strive to kill it with a groan."
(c) "One kiss shall stop our mouths, and dumbly part."
(d) "Once more adieu, the rest let sorrow say."
11. Who kills Richard?
12. What is the last line of Act 5, Scene 3?
(a) With all the rest of that consorted crew.
(b) Your mother well hath pray'd, and prove you true.
(c) Come, my old son. I pray God make thee new.
(d) Uncle, farewell, and cousin too adieu.
13. Which of the following is not a suggestion of one of the Queen's ladies for an activity to comfort the Queen?
14. What word does Bolingbroke use to refer to the person he is looking for in Act 5, Scene 3?
15. Who is the last character to speak in Act 3, Scene 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the focus of Act 3, Scene 4?
2. What does Richard compare Bolingbroke and his followers to?
3. What type of place will the Queen live after she leaves England?
4. Who is to be executed in Act 5, Scene 3?
5. Who of the Duke of York's family enters Windsor Castle first?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)