|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is arrested in Act 4, Scene 1?
2. Who claims they heard Aumerle bragging about murdering?
3. What object does Richard break in Act 4, Scene 1?
(a) The royal crown.
(b) A vase.
(c) A window.
(d) A mirror.
4. Which of the following is not a suggestion of one of the Queen's ladies for an activity to comfort the Queen?
5. Where is the setting of Act 3, Scene 4?
(a) A garden.
(b) A court yard.
(c) A lake.
(d) An outdoor labyrinth.
6. Who supports the claims Exton makes in Act 5, Scene 4?
7. Who is the last character to speak in Act 3, Scene 2?
8. Who does Exton quote as saying "Have I no friend?"
(b) The Queen.
9. What is the last straw for Richard in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) Reading a letter from Bolingbroke.
(b) Seeing Bolingbroke's army approaching in the distance.
(c) Learning the Queen has left him for Bolingbroke.
(d) Learning York has joined with Bolingbroke.
10. How is Richard described to Bolingbroke after the initial meeting in Act 3, Scene 3?
(a) "His eyes quiver as though alien."
(b) "...like a lost child."
(c) "...like a frantic man."
(d) "His voice trembles into valleys."
11. What is the final line of Act 5, Scene 1?
(a) "We make woe wanton with this fond delay."
(b) "Once more adieu, the rest let sorrow say."
(c) "That I may strive to kill it with a groan."
(d) "One kiss shall stop our mouths, and dumbly part."
12. Who does Bolingbroke question the status of in Act 5, Scene 3?
(a) Richard's wife.
(b) His son.
(c) His wife.
13. What is the last line of Act 5, Scene 3?
(a) Come, my old son. I pray God make thee new.
(b) With all the rest of that consorted crew.
(c) Your mother well hath pray'd, and prove you true.
(d) Uncle, farewell, and cousin too adieu.
14. Where is the prison in Act 5, Scene 5?
(a) Windsor Castle.
(b) Berkley Castle.
(c) Pomfret Castle.
(d) The Tower of London.
15. Who is sent to talk with Richard in Act 3, Scene 3?
(b) An attendant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the setting of Act 5, Scene 4?
2. Who said, "Let's fight with gentle words"?
3. Who is the first to speak in Act 3, Scene 3?
4. Where did Mowbray die?
5. Who is to be executed in Act 5, Scene 3?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)