|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who enters the prison saying "Hail, royal prince"?
2. Who is arrested in Act 4, Scene 1?
3. Who is the focus of Act 3, Scene 4?
(a) The Queen.
4. What is the last straw for Richard in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) Reading a letter from Bolingbroke.
(b) Learning the Queen has left him for Bolingbroke.
(c) Learning York has joined with Bolingbroke.
(d) Seeing Bolingbroke's army approaching in the distance.
5. Other than Richard and the Queen, who else speaks in Act 5, Scene 1?
6. Where is the setting of Act 3, Scene 4?
(a) An outdoor labyrinth.
(b) A court yard.
(c) A lake.
(d) A garden.
7. Where will Bolingbroke take Richard after their first confrontation since the beginning of the play?
(a) Berkley Castle.
(b) Flint Castle.
8. Where will the Queen go after learning of her husband's defeat?
(c) Flint Castle.
9. What is the setting of Act 5, Scene 4?
(a) Windsor Castle.
(b) Berkley Castle.
(c) Pomfret Castle.
(d) Yorkshire Castle.
10. What does Richard give Bolingbroke during the first meeting since the beginning of the play?
(a) The throne.
(b) The inheritance.
(c) The literal crown from his head.
(d) A lashing with his sword.
11. Who said, "Let's fight with gentle words"?
12. Whom does Scroop insist sides with Bolingbroke?
(a) "Unstable buffoons."
(b) Rejected army soldiers.
(c) Boys and old men.
(d) None of these is correct.
13. What does Exton say he will do in Act 5, Scene 4?
(a) Kill Bolingbroke.
(b) Kill himself.
(c) Kill Richard.
(d) Kill Aumerle.
14. What does Richard warn the third speaker of Act 5, Scene 1?
(a) God will punish him for participating in Richard's downfall.
(b) Richard will rise from his imprisonment and rebel.
(c) Bolingbroke will lead England to collapse.
(d) Bolingbroke will betray him too.
15. Who do York and the Duchess feel pity for in Act 5, Scene 2?
(a) All of the above.
(c) The Queen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is inside the castle in the beginning of Act 3, Scene 3?
2. What is the last line of Act 5, Scene 3?
3. What is the final line of Act 3, Scene 4?
4. How does Richard refer to the imaginary person he is speaking to in line 55?
5. Where is the Queen being sent from England?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)