|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do York and the Duchess feel pity for in Act 5, Scene 2?
(b) All of the above.
(c) The Queen.
2. Who is the focus of Act 3, Scene 4?
(b) The Queen.
3. Who of the Duke of York's family enters Windsor Castle first?
(b) The Duke.
(c) The Duchess.
(d) They all enter together.
4. Who is the first to speak in Act 3, Scene 3?
5. How large was the Welsh army?
6. Who informs Richard that Bushy and Green are dead?
7. "Villain, I'll make thee safe." Who says this?
8. How is Richard described to Bolingbroke after the initial meeting in Act 3, Scene 3?
(a) "His voice trembles into valleys."
(b) "...like a lost child."
(c) "...like a frantic man."
(d) "His eyes quiver as though alien."
9. Who is sent to talk with Richard in Act 3, Scene 3?
(b) An attendant.
10. What is the final line of Act 3, Scene 3?
(a) "Your own is yours and I am yours and all."
(b) "Then I must not say no."
(c) "Yea, my good lord."
(d) "For do we must what force will have us do."
11. Who is inside the castle in the beginning of Act 3, Scene 3?
(a) Richard and Bolingbroke.
(c) No one.
12. What does Richard touch and speak to lovingly in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) His newborn child.
(b) The ground.
(c) A dog.
(d) The Queen.
13. What type of place will the Queen live after she leaves England?
(a) A school for privileged girls.
(b) A convent.
(c) A house Bolingbroke has bought for her.
(d) The French royal family's summer estate.
14. Where is the prison in Act 5, Scene 5?
(a) Berkley Castle.
(b) The Tower of London.
(c) Pomfret Castle.
(d) Windsor Castle.
15. Who is arrested in Act 4, Scene 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters is not in Act 3, Scene 2?
2. Who does Bolingbroke question the status of in Act 5, Scene 3?
3. Who enters the prison saying "Hail, royal prince"?
4. Who is the last character to speak in Act 3, Scene 2?
5. Whom does Scroop insist sides with Bolingbroke?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)