|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is to be executed in Act 5, Scene 3?
(a) Aumerle, his accomplices, and his family.
(b) Aumerle and his accomplices.
(d) Aumerle's accomplices.
2. What is the setting of Act 3, Scene 3?
(a) Alexandra Palace.
(b) Windsor Castle.
(c) Berkley Castle.
(d) Flint Castle.
3. What is the last line of Act 5, Scene 3?
(a) Uncle, farewell, and cousin too adieu.
(b) With all the rest of that consorted crew.
(c) Come, my old son. I pray God make thee new.
(d) Your mother well hath pray'd, and prove you true.
4. What is the final line of Act 5, Scene 1?
(a) "Once more adieu, the rest let sorrow say."
(b) "We make woe wanton with this fond delay."
(c) "That I may strive to kill it with a groan."
(d) "One kiss shall stop our mouths, and dumbly part."
5. Who says, "For on my heart they tread now whilst I live"?
6. What does Exton say he will do in Act 5, Scene 4?
(a) Kill Richard.
(b) Kill Bolingbroke.
(c) Kill himself.
(d) Kill Aumerle.
7. What is part of the significance of Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) The Queen is pregnant.
(b) Richard has become gravely ill.
(c) Bolingbroke has surrendered.
(d) Richard has returned from England.
8. "Hence, villain! Never more come in my sight." Who says this?
(d) The Duchess.
9. Whom does Bagot accuse in Act 4, Scene 1?
10. What is Aumerle holding when he enters Act 5, Scene 2?
(a) A document with a plan to assassinate Bolingbroke.
(b) A Bible.
(c) A document with a plan to assassinate Richard.
(d) A letter to Richard.
11. Where is the Queen being sent from England?
12. Where is Richard to be exiled by Bolingbroke?
13. Where is Exton going to go after leaving Act 5, Scene 4?
(a) The king's chamber's.
14. How large was the Welsh army?
15. What does Richard touch and speak to lovingly in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) His newborn child.
(b) A dog.
(c) The Queen.
(d) The ground.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who kills Richard?
2. Who does Exton quote as saying "Have I no friend?"
3. Which of the following does York not call his son in Act 5, Scene 2?
4. What does Richard warn the third speaker of Act 5, Scene 1?
5. What is Richard's initial reaction upon discussing Bushy and Green after his departure from Ireland?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)