|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Other than Richard and the Queen, who else speaks in Act 5, Scene 1?
2. Where is the setting of Act 5, Scene 2?
(a) A garden.
(b) Berkley Castle.
(c) The Duke of York's house.
(d) Aumerle's house.
3. What does Exton say he will do in Act 5, Scene 4?
(a) Kill Richard.
(b) Kill Bolingbroke.
(c) Kill himself.
(d) Kill Aumerle.
4. Where is Richard to be exiled by Bolingbroke?
5. Who is the first to speak in Act 3, Scene 3?
6. Where did Mowbray die?
7. What does the gardener plant for the Queen?
(c) The herb rue.
(d) A weeping willow.
8. Who do York and the Duchess feel pity for in Act 5, Scene 2?
(b) All of the above.
(d) The Queen.
9. Where will Bolingbroke take Richard after their first confrontation since the beginning of the play?
(c) Flint Castle.
(d) Berkley Castle.
10. What is the final line of Act 3, Scene 3?
(a) "Then I must not say no."
(b) "Your own is yours and I am yours and all."
(c) "Yea, my good lord."
(d) "For do we must what force will have us do."
11. What is the final line of Act 5, Scene 1?
(a) "One kiss shall stop our mouths, and dumbly part."
(b) "Once more adieu, the rest let sorrow say."
(c) "We make woe wanton with this fond delay."
(d) "That I may strive to kill it with a groan."
12. What is Richard's initial reaction upon discussing Bushy and Green after his departure from Ireland?
(a) He mourns after their deaths.
(b) He sends their wives money.
(c) He curses them.
(d) He applauds their bravery.
13. What is Aumerle holding when he enters Act 5, Scene 2?
(a) A letter to Richard.
(b) A document with a plan to assassinate Bolingbroke.
(c) A document with a plan to assassinate Richard.
(d) A Bible.
14. Who said, "Let's fight with gentle words"?
15. Where will the Queen go after learning of her husband's defeat?
(d) Flint Castle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the last character to speak in Act 5, Scene 2?
2. Which of the following characters is not in Act 3, Scene 2?
3. Where is Exton going to go after leaving Act 5, Scene 4?
4. Whom does Bagot accuse in Act 4, Scene 1?
5. What is the final line of Act 3, Scene 4?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)