|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What Greek god does Richard compare himself to at Berkley Castle?
2. Where is the prison in Act 5, Scene 5?
(a) Berkley Castle.
(b) The Tower of London.
(c) Pomfret Castle.
(d) Windsor Castle.
3. Where will the Queen go after learning of her husband's defeat?
(d) Flint Castle.
4. Where is Exton going to go after leaving Act 5, Scene 4?
(b) The king's chamber's.
5. "Villain, I'll make thee safe." Who says this?
6. What is the final line of Act 3, Scene 4?
(a) "In the remembrance of a weeping queen."
(b) "Pray God the plants thou graft'st may never grow."
(c) "To meet at London London's king in woe."
(d) "Poor queen, so that thy state might be no worse."
7. How large was the Welsh army?
8. "Hence, villain! Never more come in my sight." Who says this?
(c) The Duchess.
9. What does Richard compare Bolingbroke and his followers to?
(a) Spiders and toads.
(b) Mold and rust.
(c) Snakes and roaches.
(d) Rats and diseases.
10. Who is the focus of Act 3, Scene 4?
(d) The Queen.
11. What is the last straw for Richard in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) Learning the Queen has left him for Bolingbroke.
(b) Seeing Bolingbroke's army approaching in the distance.
(c) Learning York has joined with Bolingbroke.
(d) Reading a letter from Bolingbroke.
12. Where will Bolingbroke take Richard after their first confrontation since the beginning of the play?
(b) Berkley Castle.
(d) Flint Castle.
13. Who is the last character to speak in Act 5, Scene 2?
(d) The Duchess.
14. What does Richard hear that interrupts his speech in Act 5, Scene 5?
15. Which of the following does York not call his son in Act 5, Scene 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "For on my heart they tread now whilst I live"?
2. When do thieves and robbers act, according to Richard?
3. Who is inside the castle in the beginning of Act 3, Scene 3?
4. What is the final line of Act 5, Scene 1?
5. Who supports the claims Exton makes in Act 5, Scene 4?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)