|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is Richard not doing in Act 5, Scene 5?
(a) Talking to himself.
(c) Planning escape.
(d) Imagining being outside.
2. How is Richard described to Bolingbroke after the initial meeting in Act 3, Scene 3?
(a) "His eyes quiver as though alien."
(b) "His voice trembles into valleys."
(c) "...like a frantic man."
(d) "...like a lost child."
3. What is the setting of Act 3, Scene 3?
(a) Berkley Castle.
(b) Windsor Castle.
(c) Flint Castle.
(d) Alexandra Palace.
4. Who says, "For on my heart they tread now whilst I live"?
5. "Hence, villain! Never more come in my sight." Who says this?
(b) The Duchess.
6. Who kills Richard?
7. What object does Richard break in Act 4, Scene 1?
(a) A mirror.
(b) The royal crown.
(c) A window.
(d) A vase.
8. Where did Mowbray die?
9. Who is the focus of Act 3, Scene 4?
(c) The Queen.
10. Where is the setting of Act 3, Scene 4?
(a) A garden.
(b) A lake.
(c) A court yard.
(d) An outdoor labyrinth.
11. What Greek god does Richard compare himself to at Berkley Castle?
12. What is Aumerle holding when he enters Act 5, Scene 2?
(a) A document with a plan to assassinate Richard.
(b) A Bible.
(c) A document with a plan to assassinate Bolingbroke.
(d) A letter to Richard.
13. What does Richard hear that interrupts his speech in Act 5, Scene 5?
14. What is the final line of Act 3, Scene 4?
(a) "Pray God the plants thou graft'st may never grow."
(b) "Poor queen, so that thy state might be no worse."
(c) "To meet at London London's king in woe."
(d) "In the remembrance of a weeping queen."
15. Where is the setting of Act 5, Scene 2?
(a) Berkley Castle.
(b) Aumerle's house.
(c) A garden.
(d) The Duke of York's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Richard give Bolingbroke during the first meeting since the beginning of the play?
2. Who is sent to talk with Richard in Act 3, Scene 3?
3. What is the final line in Act 3, Scene 2?
4. Who informs Richard that Bushy and Green are dead?
5. Which of the following is not a suggestion of one of the Queen's ladies for an activity to comfort the Queen?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)