|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is sent to talk with Richard in Act 3, Scene 3?
(a) An attendant.
2. Who does Bolingbroke question the status of in Act 5, Scene 3?
(a) His wife.
(b) Richard's wife.
(d) His son.
3. Who enters the prison saying "Hail, royal prince"?
4. Where did Mowbray die?
5. Who says, "For on my heart they tread now whilst I live"?
6. What type of place will the Queen live after she leaves England?
(a) The French royal family's summer estate.
(b) A convent.
(c) A house Bolingbroke has bought for her.
(d) A school for privileged girls.
7. How does Richard respond to Bolingbroke's demands?
(a) He cries.
(b) He accepts.
(c) He pulls out his sword.
(d) He says he would rather die than allow Bolingbroke in England.
8. Who is to be executed in Act 5, Scene 3?
(b) Aumerle, his accomplices, and his family.
(c) Aumerle and his accomplices.
(d) Aumerle's accomplices.
9. What is the last line of Act 5, Scene 3?
(a) With all the rest of that consorted crew.
(b) Your mother well hath pray'd, and prove you true.
(c) Come, my old son. I pray God make thee new.
(d) Uncle, farewell, and cousin too adieu.
10. What does Exton say he will do in Act 5, Scene 4?
(a) Kill himself.
(b) Kill Aumerle.
(c) Kill Bolingbroke.
(d) Kill Richard.
11. How is Richard described to Bolingbroke after the initial meeting in Act 3, Scene 3?
(a) "...like a frantic man."
(b) "...like a lost child."
(c) "His eyes quiver as though alien."
(d) "His voice trembles into valleys."
12. Who supports the claims Exton makes in Act 5, Scene 4?
13. Who does Exton quote as saying "Have I no friend?"
(b) The Queen.
14. What is Aumerle holding when he enters Act 5, Scene 2?
(a) A document with a plan to assassinate Richard.
(b) A Bible.
(c) A letter to Richard.
(d) A document with a plan to assassinate Bolingbroke.
15. What does Richard touch and speak to lovingly in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) The Queen.
(b) A dog.
(c) His newborn child.
(d) The ground.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who kills Richard?
2. Who claims they heard Aumerle bragging about murdering?
3. What does Richard give Bolingbroke during the first meeting since the beginning of the play?
4. What is the setting of Act 3, Scene 3?
5. How large was the Welsh army?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)