|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Bolingbroke question the status of in Act 5, Scene 3?
(a) Richard's wife.
(c) His wife.
(d) His son.
2. Who says, "For on my heart they tread now whilst I live"?
3. Who enters the prison saying "Hail, royal prince"?
4. When do thieves and robbers act, according to Richard?
(a) "...As the tide rises and the moon lurks over."
(b) "...When the searching eye of heaven is hid."
(c) "After the sun has winked its final glance."
(d) "In the witching hour established by those monsters alone."
5. What word does Bolingbroke use to refer to the person he is looking for in Act 5, Scene 3?
6. "Villain, I'll make thee safe." Who says this?
7. What object does Richard break in Act 4, Scene 1?
(a) A vase.
(b) A mirror.
(c) The royal crown.
(d) A window.
8. Who of the Duke of York's family enters Windsor Castle first?
(a) The Duke.
(b) They all enter together.
(c) The Duchess.
9. What is Richard's initial reaction upon discussing Bushy and Green after his departure from Ireland?
(a) He applauds their bravery.
(b) He mourns after their deaths.
(c) He curses them.
(d) He sends their wives money.
10. How large was the Welsh army?
11. Who is inside the castle in the beginning of Act 3, Scene 3?
(a) No one.
(c) Richard and Bolingbroke.
12. Which of the following is not a suggestion of one of the Queen's ladies for an activity to comfort the Queen?
13. Who supports the claims Exton makes in Act 5, Scene 4?
14. Where did Mowbray die?
15. What does the gardener plant for the Queen?
(a) The herb rue.
(c) A weeping willow.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the final line in Act 3, Scene 2?
2. Where is Richard to be exiled by Bolingbroke?
3. Other than Richard and the Queen, who else speaks in Act 5, Scene 1?
4. What does Bolingbroke question of Bagot when they arrive in London?
5. Whom does Scroop insist sides with Bolingbroke?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)