|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Hence, villain! Never more come in my sight." Who says this?
(d) The Duchess.
2. What is the final line in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) "To ear the land that hath some hope to grow."
(b) "To alter this, for counsel is but vain."
(c) "That bids me be of comfort any more."
(d) "From Richard's night to Bolingbroke's fair day."
3. Which of the following is Richard not doing in Act 5, Scene 5?
(a) Talking to himself.
(c) Imagining being outside.
(d) Planning escape.
4. Who claims they heard Aumerle bragging about murdering?
5. Which of the following is not a suggestion of one of the Queen's ladies for an activity to comfort the Queen?
6. Who is the last character to speak in Act 5, Scene 2?
(b) The Duchess.
7. Where is the Queen being sent from England?
8. Who is arrested in Act 4, Scene 1?
9. Who enters the prison saying "Hail, royal prince"?
10. Whom does Bagot accuse in Act 4, Scene 1?
11. What is the final line of Act 5, Scene 1?
(a) "That I may strive to kill it with a groan."
(b) "Once more adieu, the rest let sorrow say."
(c) "One kiss shall stop our mouths, and dumbly part."
(d) "We make woe wanton with this fond delay."
12. What is Aumerle holding when he enters Act 5, Scene 2?
(a) A Bible.
(b) A document with a plan to assassinate Bolingbroke.
(c) A document with a plan to assassinate Richard.
(d) A letter to Richard.
13. Who does Exton quote as saying "Have I no friend?"
(d) The Queen.
14. Which of the following does York not call his son in Act 5, Scene 2?
15. Who is the focus of Act 3, Scene 4?
(d) The Queen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Exton say he will do in Act 5, Scene 4?
2. Who is inside the castle in the beginning of Act 3, Scene 3?
3. Which of the following characters is not in Act 3, Scene 2?
4. Who says, "For on my heart they tread now whilst I live"?
5. Where is the setting of Act 3, Scene 4?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)