|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What Greek god does Richard compare himself to at Berkley Castle?
2. What word does Bolingbroke use to refer to the person he is looking for in Act 5, Scene 3?
3. Who is the last character to speak in Act 3, Scene 2?
4. "Villain, I'll make thee safe." Who says this?
5. What does Richard give Bolingbroke during the first meeting since the beginning of the play?
(a) A lashing with his sword.
(b) The literal crown from his head.
(c) The throne.
(d) The inheritance.
6. Who speaks first in Act 5, Scene 4?
7. Who is the first to speak in Act 3, Scene 3?
8. Who is arrested in Act 4, Scene 1?
9. What is part of the significance of Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) Bolingbroke has surrendered.
(b) The Queen is pregnant.
(c) Richard has become gravely ill.
(d) Richard has returned from England.
10. What object does Richard break in Act 4, Scene 1?
(a) A window.
(b) The royal crown.
(c) A mirror.
(d) A vase.
11. What does the gardener plant for the Queen?
(b) A weeping willow.
(c) The herb rue.
12. Where is the Queen being sent from England?
13. Where will the Queen go after learning of her husband's defeat?
(c) Flint Castle.
14. Whom does Bagot accuse in Act 4, Scene 1?
15. What is the setting of Act 5, Scene 4?
(a) Windsor Castle.
(b) Yorkshire Castle.
(c) Berkley Castle.
(d) Pomfret Castle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Richard hear that interrupts his speech in Act 5, Scene 5?
2. Where is the prison in Act 5, Scene 5?
3. "Hence, villain! Never more come in my sight." Who says this?
4. Which of the following does York not call his son in Act 5, Scene 2?
5. What is the final line of Act 5, Scene 1?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)