|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Richard touch and speak to lovingly in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) His newborn child.
(b) A dog.
(c) The Queen.
(d) The ground.
2. What is the final line of Act 5, Scene 1?
(a) "One kiss shall stop our mouths, and dumbly part."
(b) "We make woe wanton with this fond delay."
(c) "That I may strive to kill it with a groan."
(d) "Once more adieu, the rest let sorrow say."
3. What does the gardener plant for the Queen?
(b) The herb rue.
(c) A weeping willow.
4. How does Richard refer to the imaginary person he is speaking to in line 55?
(a) None is correct.
(c) Jack o' the clock.
(d) Clamorous groans.
5. Who is sent to talk with Richard in Act 3, Scene 3?
(a) An attendant.
6. What is Aumerle holding when he enters Act 5, Scene 2?
(a) A Bible.
(b) A letter to Richard.
(c) A document with a plan to assassinate Bolingbroke.
(d) A document with a plan to assassinate Richard.
7. What is the setting of Act 5, Scene 4?
(a) Berkley Castle.
(b) Pomfret Castle.
(c) Yorkshire Castle.
(d) Windsor Castle.
8. What object does Richard break in Act 4, Scene 1?
(a) A window.
(b) The royal crown.
(c) A vase.
(d) A mirror.
9. What Greek god does Richard compare himself to at Berkley Castle?
10. What does Exton say he will do in Act 5, Scene 4?
(a) Kill Richard.
(b) Kill himself.
(c) Kill Aumerle.
(d) Kill Bolingbroke.
11. Who kills Richard?
12. Who says, "For on my heart they tread now whilst I live"?
13. Where is Richard to be exiled by Bolingbroke?
14. What does Richard give Bolingbroke during the first meeting since the beginning of the play?
(a) The inheritance.
(b) The throne.
(c) A lashing with his sword.
(d) The literal crown from his head.
15. What does Richard compare Bolingbroke and his followers to?
(a) Mold and rust.
(b) Rats and diseases.
(c) Snakes and roaches.
(d) Spiders and toads.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Exton going to go after leaving Act 5, Scene 4?
2. How large was the Welsh army?
3. What is the setting of Act 3, Scene 3?
4. What is part of the significance of Act 3, Scene 2?
5. Other than Richard and the Queen, who else speaks in Act 5, Scene 1?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)