|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "For on my heart they tread now whilst I live"?
2. Where is Richard to be exiled by Bolingbroke?
3. "Hence, villain! Never more come in my sight." Who says this?
(c) The Duchess.
4. What is the last straw for Richard in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) Seeing Bolingbroke's army approaching in the distance.
(b) Learning the Queen has left him for Bolingbroke.
(c) Reading a letter from Bolingbroke.
(d) Learning York has joined with Bolingbroke.
5. What is part of the significance of Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) Richard has returned from England.
(b) The Queen is pregnant.
(c) Richard has become gravely ill.
(d) Bolingbroke has surrendered.
6. What is the final line of Act 3, Scene 3?
(a) "Then I must not say no."
(b) "Your own is yours and I am yours and all."
(c) "Yea, my good lord."
(d) "For do we must what force will have us do."
7. How does Richard respond to Bolingbroke's demands?
(a) He accepts.
(b) He pulls out his sword.
(c) He says he would rather die than allow Bolingbroke in England.
(d) He cries.
8. Where is the setting of Act 3, Scene 4?
(a) A lake.
(b) An outdoor labyrinth.
(c) A court yard.
(d) A garden.
9. When do thieves and robbers act, according to Richard?
(a) "In the witching hour established by those monsters alone."
(b) "After the sun has winked its final glance."
(c) "...As the tide rises and the moon lurks over."
(d) "...When the searching eye of heaven is hid."
10. What is the final line of Act 5, Scene 1?
(a) "That I may strive to kill it with a groan."
(b) "Once more adieu, the rest let sorrow say."
(c) "One kiss shall stop our mouths, and dumbly part."
(d) "We make woe wanton with this fond delay."
11. What does Bolingbroke question of Bagot when they arrive in London?
(a) The Queen.
(b) Gloucester's death.
(c) All of the above.
(d) Richard's whereabouts.
12. What does Richard give Bolingbroke during the first meeting since the beginning of the play?
(a) The throne.
(b) The inheritance.
(c) The literal crown from his head.
(d) A lashing with his sword.
13. Who is the first to speak in Act 3, Scene 3?
14. Who is sent to talk with Richard in Act 3, Scene 3?
(b) An attendant.
15. Where will Bolingbroke take Richard after their first confrontation since the beginning of the play?
(a) Berkley Castle.
(b) Flint Castle.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Villain, I'll make thee safe." Who says this?
2. Who is arrested in Act 4, Scene 1?
3. What does Richard warn the third speaker of Act 5, Scene 1?
4. Which of the following is Richard not doing in Act 5, Scene 5?
5. Where is Exton going to go after leaving Act 5, Scene 4?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)