|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the Queen being sent from England?
2. What is Aumerle holding when he enters Act 5, Scene 2?
(a) A Bible.
(b) A document with a plan to assassinate Richard.
(c) A document with a plan to assassinate Bolingbroke.
(d) A letter to Richard.
3. What is the final line of Act 5, Scene 1?
(a) "That I may strive to kill it with a groan."
(b) "One kiss shall stop our mouths, and dumbly part."
(c) "We make woe wanton with this fond delay."
(d) "Once more adieu, the rest let sorrow say."
4. Where will Bolingbroke take Richard after their first confrontation since the beginning of the play?
(a) Flint Castle.
(d) Berkley Castle.
5. Who is sent to talk with Richard in Act 3, Scene 3?
(a) An attendant.
6. How does Richard refer to the imaginary person he is speaking to in line 55?
(b) Clamorous groans.
(c) None is correct.
(d) Jack o' the clock.
7. "Villain, I'll make thee safe." Who says this?
8. What word does Bolingbroke use to refer to the person he is looking for in Act 5, Scene 3?
9. Who is the first to speak in Act 3, Scene 3?
10. Who is to be executed in Act 5, Scene 3?
(a) Aumerle and his accomplices.
(c) Aumerle's accomplices.
(d) Aumerle, his accomplices, and his family.
11. Which of the following does York not call his son in Act 5, Scene 2?
12. Which of the following characters is not in Act 3, Scene 2?
13. How large was the Welsh army?
14. Where is the setting of Act 5, Scene 2?
(a) Aumerle's house.
(b) Berkley Castle.
(c) A garden.
(d) The Duke of York's house.
15. Whom does Scroop insist sides with Bolingbroke?
(a) Rejected army soldiers.
(b) None of these is correct.
(c) "Unstable buffoons."
(d) Boys and old men.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is inside the castle in the beginning of Act 3, Scene 3?
2. Which of the following is Richard not doing in Act 5, Scene 5?
3. Where will the Queen go after learning of her husband's defeat?
4. Who speaks first in Act 5, Scene 4?
5. Where is Richard to be exiled by Bolingbroke?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)