|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word does Bolingbroke use to refer to the person he is looking for in Act 5, Scene 3?
2. What is the last straw for Richard in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) Learning the Queen has left him for Bolingbroke.
(b) Seeing Bolingbroke's army approaching in the distance.
(c) Learning York has joined with Bolingbroke.
(d) Reading a letter from Bolingbroke.
3. "Villain, I'll make thee safe." Who says this?
4. Who does Bolingbroke question the status of in Act 5, Scene 3?
(a) Richard's wife.
(b) His wife.
(c) His son.
5. Who of the Duke of York's family enters Windsor Castle first?
(b) The Duke.
(c) The Duchess.
(d) They all enter together.
6. Who is the last character to speak in Act 5, Scene 2?
(b) The Duchess.
7. What does Richard give Bolingbroke during the first meeting since the beginning of the play?
(a) A lashing with his sword.
(b) The throne.
(c) The inheritance.
(d) The literal crown from his head.
8. What is the final line of Act 3, Scene 3?
(a) "Your own is yours and I am yours and all."
(b) "For do we must what force will have us do."
(c) "Then I must not say no."
(d) "Yea, my good lord."
9. Where is the Queen being sent from England?
10. Whom does Bagot accuse in Act 4, Scene 1?
11. Where is the setting of Act 5, Scene 2?
(a) A garden.
(b) Aumerle's house.
(c) Berkley Castle.
(d) The Duke of York's house.
12. When do thieves and robbers act, according to Richard?
(a) "After the sun has winked its final glance."
(b) "In the witching hour established by those monsters alone."
(c) "...As the tide rises and the moon lurks over."
(d) "...When the searching eye of heaven is hid."
13. Which of the following characters is not in Act 3, Scene 2?
14. Who does Exton quote as saying "Have I no friend?"
(b) The Queen.
15. Who speaks first in Act 5, Scene 4?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the final line of Act 5, Scene 1?
2. What is the setting of Act 3, Scene 3?
3. Where will the Queen go after learning of her husband's defeat?
4. What Greek god does Richard compare himself to at Berkley Castle?
5. What does Richard compare Bolingbroke and his followers to?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)