|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the Servant announce has died in Act 2, Scene 2?
(b) The Duchess of Gloucester.
(d) The Duke of Kent.
2. Who is the first to speak in Act 1, Scene 4?
(b) Lord Aumerle.
3. "Where then, alas, may I complain myself?" Who says this?
(a) The Duchess of Gloucester.
4. What is the final line of Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) "And crossly to thy good all fortune goes."
(b) "I see thy glory like a shooting star."
(c) "Witnessing storms to come, woe and unrest."
(d) "Ah, Richard! With the eyes of heavy mind."
5. "Though banish'd, yet a true born Englishman." Who says this quote?
(b) Lord Marshal.
6. Who is fleeing straight to Richard after learning of Bolingbroke's arrival?
(a) The Queen.
7. Who in Ireland is worrying Richard in Act 1, Scene 4?
8. "More welcome is the stroke of death to me than Bolingbroke to England." Who says this?
9. How long is Bolingbroke originally banished from England?
(a) Twenty years.
(b) Ten years.
(c) Forty years.
10. Which of the following characters is the only one to speak in Act 2, Scene 1?
(b) The Queen.
11. What was Mowbray supposed to be doing with Richard's uncle when he died?
(a) Accompany him while traveling.
(b) Guarding him.
(c) Showing him the courtyards.
(d) Practicing to duel.
12. What adjective does Richard use to describe Bolingbroke that is condescending?
13. What is the setting of Act 3, Scene 1?
14. Which of the following lines is what the Queen says to the bearer of the news of Bolingbroke?
(a) "There is no higher evil than Bolingbroke."
(b) "Thou art the midwife to my woe."
(c) "Your news feels of demons ripping my inside."
(d) "What right have you to deliver such agony to the Queen?"
15. What made Aumerle cry when he said goodbye to Bolingbroke?
(a) Seeing his cousin banished from England.
(b) The wind.
(c) Knowing his cousin's father would soon die.
(d) All of the above.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character officially swears in Mowbray and Bolingbroke at the duel?
2. What does Gaunt call Richard in Act 2, Scene 1?
3. How many characters are in Act 2, Scene 4?
4. What does Richard learn of Gaunt in Act 1, Scene 4?
5. What is the last line of Act 3, Scene 1?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)