|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first character to speak in Act 2, Scene 4?
2. How many lines are in Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) One hundred.
(c) Twenty four.
(d) Two hundred.
3. What do Bolingbroke and Mowbray accuse one another of?
4. Which character officially swears in Mowbray and Bolingbroke at the duel?
(b) Duke Aumerle.
(c) Lord Marshal.
5. Who does Bolingbroke put in charge of escorting the prisoners away?
6. Who has the longest speech in Act 3, Scene 1?
7. "Well, he is gone, and with him go these thoughts." Who says this?
(b) Lord Aumerle.
8. What do the characters decide to do at the end of Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) They will wait.
(b) They will kill themselves.
(c) They will not stay.
(d) They will invade Ireland on their own.
9. Where does York tell the men to meet him as he leaves Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Berkeley Castle.
(c) Buckingham Palace.
(d) Windsor Castle.
10. Who is Woodstock?
(a) The Duke of Gloucester.
11. What does Gaunt call Richard in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) "Landlord of England."
(b) "History's most venomous leader."
(c) "Un-rightful king to no one."
(d) "A stain on our England's dress."
12. What is the double metaphor spoken in the Duchess's first speech of the play?
(a) Rose petals; a dagger dripping blood.
(b) Vials of blood; branches from one root.
(c) Doves flying; a harp playing angel.
(d) A crying baby; nurses working corruptly.
13. What do Mowbray and Bolingbroke state officially that they are fighting for at the duel?
(a) Both claim the other killed the Duke of Gloucester.
(b) Both claim the other is a traitor.
(c) Both love the same woman.
(d) Mowbray claims adultery while Bolingbroke claims theft.
14. How does York regard Bolingbroke's acting against the king?
15. What is Bolingbroke's banishment reduced to?
(a) Ten years.
(b) Six years.
(c) Twenty years.
(d) Fifteen years.
Short Answer Questions
1. "...for God's substitute, His deputy anointed in His sight..." Who is being referred to here?
2. Which of the following character is not in Act 3, Scene 1?
3. Which of the following lines is what the Queen says to the bearer of the news of Bolingbroke?
4. What is Gaunt's final line?
5. Which characters are in Act 2, Scene 4?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)