|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Northumberland's son?
2. What made Aumerle cry when he said goodbye to Bolingbroke?
(a) The wind.
(b) Seeing his cousin banished from England.
(c) Knowing his cousin's father would soon die.
(d) All of the above.
3. Who does Mowbray admit to have scheming against in the past?
(b) The Duke of Aumerle.
4. What does Richard learn of Gaunt in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) He is threatening to commit suicide.
(b) He is very sick.
(c) He is leaving the country too.
(d) He is heartbroken and acting insane.
5. Who is at Bristow Castle in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) The Duke of Aumerle.
(b) Abbot of Westminster.
(c) The Earl of Wiltshire.
(d) Earl of Salisbury.
6. Who says "What a tide of woes comes rushing on this woeful land at once!" in Act 2, Scene 2?
(c) The Duke of York.
(d) The Queen.
7. Who speaks first in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) The Duke of York.
(b) The Queen.
8. Who does Bolingbroke put in charge of escorting the prisoners away?
9. Who is the first character to speak in Act 1, Scene 1?
10. To whom does Bolingbroke send a message to in Act 3, Scene 1 that he has no ill-will towards?
(a) The Duchess of Gloucester.
(c) The Queen.
11. What is the setting of Act 3, Scene 1?
12. For whom does Richard reduce Bolingbroke's sentence?
(a) The Queen.
(b) Lord Marshal.
(c) The Duchess of Gloucester.
13. How are Gaunt and Bolingbroke related?
(c) Father and son.
(d) Uncle and nephew.
14. Which of the following character is not in Act 3, Scene 1?
15. Which of the following is not one of the prophecies alarming the characters of Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) Ruffians dancing.
(b) The moon looks bloody.
(c) Endless rain.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is a quote by Richard in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. Who is the last character to speak in Act 2, Scene 1?
3. Who are the first characters to enter Act 1, Scene 3?
4. What is Richard's reaction towards the news of Gaunt he receives in Act 1, Scene 4?
5. What is the Duchess of Gloucester's purpose in Act 1, Scene 2?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)