|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Mowbray supposed to be doing with Richard's uncle when he died?
(a) Guarding him.
(b) Showing him the courtyards.
(c) Practicing to duel.
(d) Accompany him while traveling.
2. Which character officially swears in Mowbray and Bolingbroke at the duel?
(a) Lord Marshal.
(d) Duke Aumerle.
3. What is Bolingbroke's banishment reduced to?
(a) Six years.
(b) Twenty years.
(c) Fifteen years.
(d) Ten years.
4. What do Northumberland, Ross, and Willoughby discuss after Richard leaves Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Bolingbroke's loss of property.
(b) All three answers are correct.
(c) The war in Ireland.
(d) Their disgust of Richard.
5. What do Mowbray and Bolingbroke state officially that they are fighting for at the duel?
(a) Mowbray claims adultery while Bolingbroke claims theft.
(b) Both claim the other killed the Duke of Gloucester.
(c) Both claim the other is a traitor.
(d) Both love the same woman.
6. Who is Bolingbroke's father?
(b) Sir Henry Green.
(c) Lord Ross.
(d) Earl of Northumberland.
7. Who does Mowbray admit to have scheming against in the past?
(d) The Duke of Aumerle.
8. How long has the Welsh army been waiting for Richard?
(a) Ten days.
(b) A month.
(c) Two days.
(d) A week.
9. Who does the Servant announce has died in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) The Duchess of Gloucester.
(c) The Duke of Kent.
10. What is the Duchess of Gloucester's purpose in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) She begs Gaunt to avenge her husband's death.
(b) She confesses that she did not love the Duke.
(c) She worries aloud about money.
(d) She begs Gaunt to act humanely.
11. What is the double metaphor spoken in the Duchess's first speech of the play?
(a) Rose petals; a dagger dripping blood.
(b) Vials of blood; branches from one root.
(c) Doves flying; a harp playing angel.
(d) A crying baby; nurses working corruptly.
12. Who does the Duchess wish ill upon at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
13. Which of the following character is not in Act 3, Scene 1?
14. How many lines are in Act 2, Scene 4?
(b) One hundred.
(c) Twenty four.
(d) Two hundred.
15. Which of the following is not a reason Bolingbroke is executing the prisoners?
(a) They have murdered.
(b) Causing Richard to banish Bolingbroke.
(c) Upset the queen.
(d) Misleading Richard.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many gold coins does Bolingbroke accuse Mowbray of withholding from the army?
2. Who is the first to speak in Act 2, Scene 3?
3. How does York regard Bolingbroke's acting against the king?
4. Who of the following is not a character in Act 2, Scene 3?
5. Who is upset over Richard's absence in Act 2, Scene 2?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)