|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is prisoner in Act 3, Scene 1?
2. What is the setting of Act 3, Scene 1?
3. What does Gaunt call Richard in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) "Un-rightful king to no one."
(b) "A stain on our England's dress."
(c) "History's most venomous leader."
(d) "Landlord of England."
4. "The king reposeth all his confidence in thee." Who says this?
5. How long is Bolingbroke originally banished from England?
(b) Forty years.
(c) Twenty years.
(d) Ten years.
6. Which of the following is not a reason Bolingbroke is executing the prisoners?
(a) Misleading Richard.
(b) Upset the queen.
(c) They have murdered.
(d) Causing Richard to banish Bolingbroke.
7. Where does Bushy inform Richard that Gaunt is in Act 1, Scene 4?
(b) Ely House.
(c) Windsor Castle.
(d) Thames House.
8. "What my tongue speaks my right drawn sword may prove." Who says this?
9. How many lines are in Act 2, Scene 4?
(b) Two hundred.
(c) One hundred.
(d) Twenty four.
10. What does Bolingbroke claim to be his intentions for invading England?
(a) To reclaim his inheritance.
(b) All of the above.
(c) To destroy Richard's monarchy.
(d) To rule England.
11. Who has the longest speech in Act 3, Scene 1?
12. Who speaks first in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) The Duke of York.
(d) The Queen.
13. What is Bolingbroke's title now that Gaunt is dead?
(a) Sir Henry of Wales.
(b) Lord Aumerle.
(c) The Duke of Kent.
(d) Lord Lancaster.
14. Where does York tell the men to meet him as he leaves Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Buckingham Palace.
(b) Berkeley Castle.
(d) Windsor Castle.
15. Who is the first to speak in Act 2, Scene 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who informally swears their allegiance to Bolingbroke in Act 2, Scene 3?
2. What are the prophecies discussed in Act 2, Scene 4 supposed to forewarn?
3. For whom does Richard reduce Bolingbroke's sentence?
4. Who is fleeing straight to Richard after learning of Bolingbroke's arrival?
5. Who tells of Bolingbroke's arrival in England?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)