|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does York warn Gaunt in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) That his wife is going to leave him.
(b) That Bolingbroke is confronting very harsh conditions in his exile.
(c) That Mowbray is going to try to kill him.
(d) That Richard will ignore him.
2. How many lines are in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) Twenty eight.
(b) Three hundred twelve.
(c) Forty four.
(d) One hundred five.
3. Where does Bushy inform Richard that Gaunt is in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) Windsor Castle.
(c) Ely House.
(d) Thames House.
4. Who is Bolingbroke's father?
(a) Lord Ross.
(b) Earl of Northumberland.
(c) Sir Henry Green.
5. "Where then, alas, may I complain myself?" Who says this?
(a) The Duchess of Gloucester.
6. Where does York tell the men to meet him as he leaves Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Windsor Castle.
(b) Berkeley Castle.
(c) Buckingham Palace.
7. What is the setting in the beginning of Act 2, Scene 3?
8. "The king reposeth all his confidence in thee." Who says this?
9. Who is at Bristow Castle in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Earl of Salisbury.
(b) The Earl of Wiltshire.
(c) The Duke of Aumerle.
(d) Abbot of Westminster.
10. "...for God's substitute, His deputy anointed in His sight..." Who is being referred to here?
(a) The judge.
(b) The king.
(c) The shaman.
(d) The pope.
11. Who announces Gaunt's death?
12. What is Gaunt's final line?
(a) "Words, life and all old Lancaster hath spent."
(b) "Convey me to my bed, then to my grave."
(c) "Live in thy shame, but die not shame with thee."
(d) "Love they to live that love and honour have."
13. What is Gaunt talking about during his famous speech in Act 2, Scene 1?
14. What adjective does Richard use to describe Bolingbroke that is condescending?
15. Where does Act 2, Scene 4 take place?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long is Bolingbroke originally banished from England?
2. Who speaks first in Act 2, Scene 2?
3. What is Richard's reaction towards the news of Gaunt he receives in Act 1, Scene 4?
4. Why don't Bolingbroke and Mowbray forgive one another?
5. Which of the following is not a reason Bolingbroke is executing the prisoners?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)