|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Richard's uncle and Gaunt's brother?
(a) Lord Edmonton of Bath.
(b) The Duke of Kent.
(c) The Duke of Gloucester.
(d) The Duke of Lancaster.
2. Which of the following is not one of the prophecies alarming the characters of Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) Ruffians dancing.
(b) Endless rain.
(d) The moon looks bloody.
3. Whom does Bagot accuse in Act 4, Scene 1?
4. Where does Richard say he is to go immediately following Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) To prepare his army's generals.
(b) To see Gaunt.
(c) To ride his horse.
(d) To eat dinner with the Queen.
5. What do Mowbray and Bolingbroke state officially that they are fighting for at the duel?
(a) Both claim the other is a traitor.
(b) Both love the same woman.
(c) Mowbray claims adultery while Bolingbroke claims theft.
(d) Both claim the other killed the Duke of Gloucester.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does York tell the men to meet him as he leaves Act 2, Scene 2?
2. Where was the setting for Act 1, Scene 1?
3. Which of the following lines is what the Queen says to the bearer of the news of Bolingbroke?
4. How many lines are in Act 3, Scene 1?
5. What does Richard warn the third speaker of Act 5, Scene 1?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)