|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Northumberland then confide to Ross and Willoughby in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) That he killed Gaunt.
(b) That Bolingbroke is returning to England with an army.
(c) That he is going to join Richard in his invasion of Ireland.
(d) That he is secretly planning to assassinate Richard.
2. Who said, "Let's fight with gentle words"?
3. What was Mowbray supposed to be doing with Richard's uncle when he died?
(a) Guarding him.
(b) Showing him the courtyards.
(c) Accompany him while traveling.
(d) Practicing to duel.
4. What does Richard touch and speak to lovingly in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) The Queen.
(b) The ground.
(c) His newborn child.
(d) A dog.
5. What does York warn Gaunt in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) That his wife is going to leave him.
(b) That Richard will ignore him.
(c) That Mowbray is going to try to kill him.
(d) That Bolingbroke is confronting very harsh conditions in his exile.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Exton going to go after leaving Act 5, Scene 4?
2. How long has the Welsh army been waiting for Richard?
3. Where is Gaunt to go after Act 1, Scene 2?
4. What is the double metaphor spoken in the Duchess's first speech of the play?
5. How many lines are in Act 2, Scene 4?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)