|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Richard's reaction towards the news of Gaunt he receives in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) He hopes to seize Gaunt's property.
(b) He is devastated.
(c) He hopes Bolingbroke does not learn of the news, upsetting him in his exile.
(d) He hopes to marry Gaunt's wife.
2. Who is to be executed in Act 5, Scene 3?
(a) Aumerle's accomplices.
(b) Aumerle and his accomplices.
(d) Aumerle, his accomplices, and his family.
3. Which of the following is not one of the prophecies alarming the characters of Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) Endless rain.
(b) The moon looks bloody.
(c) Ruffians dancing.
4. What is the last line of Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) "A while to work, and after holiday."
(b) "And plague injustice with the pains of hell."
(c) "Thanks, gentle uncle. Come, lords, away."
(d) "With letters of your love to her at large."
5. Who speaks first in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) The Duke of York.
(c) The Queen.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many lines are in Act 3, Scene 1?
2. Who was Richard's uncle and Gaunt's brother?
3. What is Gaunt talking about during his famous speech in Act 2, Scene 1?
4. What adjective does Richard use to describe Bolingbroke that is condescending?
5. Which of the following characters is the only one to speak in Act 2, Scene 1?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)