|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Richard warn the third speaker of Act 5, Scene 1?
(a) God will punish him for participating in Richard's downfall.
(b) Bolingbroke will lead England to collapse.
(c) Richard will rise from his imprisonment and rebel.
(d) Bolingbroke will betray him too.
2. What does Bolingbroke claim to be his intentions for invading England?
(a) To destroy Richard's monarchy.
(b) To reclaim his inheritance.
(c) All of the above.
(d) To rule England.
3. What does Richard learn of Gaunt in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) He is very sick.
(b) He is threatening to commit suicide.
(c) He is leaving the country too.
(d) He is heartbroken and acting insane.
4. "Villain, I'll make thee safe." Who says this?
5. Where will the Queen go after learning of her husband's defeat?
(b) Flint Castle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the last character to speak in Act 3, Scene 2?
2. Which of the following characters is not in Act 3, Scene 2?
3. "...for God's substitute, His deputy anointed in His sight..." Who is being referred to here?
4. Who announces Gaunt's death?
5. Which nation does York refer to as he discusses vanity?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)