|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is upset over Richard's absence in Act 2, Scene 2?
(c) The Duke of York.
(d) The Queen.
2. What is Gaunt's final line?
(a) "Love they to live that love and honour have."
(b) "Words, life and all old Lancaster hath spent."
(c) "Live in thy shame, but die not shame with thee."
(d) "Convey me to my bed, then to my grave."
3. Who is the last character to speak in Act 5, Scene 2?
(d) The Duchess.
4. What is part of the significance of Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) Richard has returned from England.
(b) Bolingbroke has surrendered.
(c) Richard has become gravely ill.
(d) The Queen is pregnant.
5. Why don't Bolingbroke and Mowbray forgive one another?
(a) They have had a rivalry since childhood.
(b) Both have not shared everything they are upset over.
(c) They have both sworn to God they would seek vengeance.
(d) It would be forfeiting their honor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the setting of Act 1, Scene 4?
2. Who has the longest speech in Act 3, Scene 1?
3. How long has the Welsh army been waiting for Richard?
4. Who is the last to speak in Act 2, Scene 3?
5. Who speaks first in Act 5, Scene 4?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)