|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which is the final line of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) "The last leave of thee takes my weeping eye."
(b) "As much good stay with thee as go with me."
(c) "To God, the widow's champion and defence."
(d) "Desolate, desolate will I hence and die."
2. What is the final line of Act 3, Scene 4?
(a) "Pray God the plants thou graft'st may never grow."
(b) "In the remembrance of a weeping queen."
(c) "To meet at London London's king in woe."
(d) "Poor queen, so that thy state might be no worse."
3. Why does Gaunt seem aloof to his brother's death?
(a) He is in love with the Duchess.
(b) He believes God will properly judge who is guilty.
(c) He is the one who has killed the Duke.
(d) He has put the tragedy behind him, and is trying to move on with his life.
4. What does Richard give Bolingbroke during the first meeting since the beginning of the play?
(a) A lashing with his sword.
(b) The inheritance.
(c) The throne.
(d) The literal crown from his head.
5. Who is Northumberland's son?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the setting of Act 1, Scene 4?
2. What is the Duchess of Gloucester's purpose in Act 1, Scene 2?
3. Where is Exton going to go after leaving Act 5, Scene 4?
4. Which of the following does York not call his son in Act 5, Scene 2?
5. Who informally swears their allegiance to Bolingbroke in Act 2, Scene 3?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)