|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the major concern of Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) The Queen is beginning to go insane.
(b) Richard has not returned from Ireland.
(c) The army is running out of food.
(d) There are rumors afloat Richard has been taken prisoner.
2. What does Gaunt call Richard in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) "Un-rightful king to no one."
(b) "A stain on our England's dress."
(c) "History's most venomous leader."
(d) "Landlord of England."
3. How is Richard described to Bolingbroke after the initial meeting in Act 3, Scene 3?
(a) "His eyes quiver as though alien."
(b) "...like a frantic man."
(c) "His voice trembles into valleys."
(d) "...like a lost child."
4. Who is the first character to speak in Act 1, Scene 1?
5. Where does York tell the men to meet him as he leaves Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Berkeley Castle.
(b) Windsor Castle.
(d) Buckingham Palace.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mowbray admit to have scheming against in the past?
2. What does Northumberland then confide to Ross and Willoughby in Act 2, Scene 1?
3. Whom does Scroop insist sides with Bolingbroke?
4. Who is inside the castle in the beginning of Act 3, Scene 3?
5. "Well, he is gone, and with him go these thoughts." Who says this?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)