|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does York not call his son in Act 5, Scene 2?
2. What is the double metaphor spoken in the Duchess's first speech of the play?
(a) A crying baby; nurses working corruptly.
(b) Rose petals; a dagger dripping blood.
(c) Vials of blood; branches from one root.
(d) Doves flying; a harp playing angel.
3. Who is the last character to speak in Act 3, Scene 2?
4. Where is the Queen being sent from England?
5. What does Richard learn of Gaunt in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) He is threatening to commit suicide.
(b) He is leaving the country too.
(c) He is very sick.
(d) He is heartbroken and acting insane.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not a reason Bolingbroke is executing the prisoners?
2. Where is the setting of Act 5, Scene 2?
3. Who are the first characters to enter Act 1, Scene 3?
4. Which of the following is not one of the prophecies alarming the characters of Act 2, Scene 4?
5. Where is the setting of Act 1, Scene 2?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)