|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Where then, alas, may I complain myself?" Who says this?
(d) The Duchess of Gloucester.
2. Who is Bolingbroke's father?
(b) Sir Henry Green.
(c) Lord Ross.
(d) Earl of Northumberland.
3. Who is Northumberland's son?
4. Where is the setting of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) An orchard.
(b) Gaunt's house.
(c) Windsor Castle.
(d) A chapel.
5. Who says "What a tide of woes comes rushing on this woeful land at once!" in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) The Duke of York.
(c) The Queen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first character to speak in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. Who says, "For on my heart they tread now whilst I live"?
3. Why is Richard confused about Gaunt's reaction towards Bolingbroke's sentence?
4. Where will Bolingbroke take Richard after their first confrontation since the beginning of the play?
5. Who was Richard's uncle and Gaunt's brother?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)