|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bolingbroke question of Bagot when they arrive in London?
(a) The Queen.
(b) All of the above.
(c) Gloucester's death.
(d) Richard's whereabouts.
2. What does Richard learn of Gaunt in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) He is threatening to commit suicide.
(b) He is very sick.
(c) He is leaving the country too.
(d) He is heartbroken and acting insane.
3. Whom does Scroop insist sides with Bolingbroke?
(a) Rejected army soldiers.
(b) Boys and old men.
(c) None of these is correct.
(d) "Unstable buffoons."
4. Why don't Bolingbroke and Mowbray forgive one another?
(a) They have both sworn to God they would seek vengeance.
(b) Both have not shared everything they are upset over.
(c) They have had a rivalry since childhood.
(d) It would be forfeiting their honor.
5. "What my tongue speaks my right drawn sword may prove." Who says this?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is part of the significance of Act 3, Scene 2?
2. Who was Richard's uncle and Gaunt's brother?
3. What does York warn Gaunt in Act 2, Scene 1?
4. When do thieves and robbers act, according to Richard?
5. What does Gaunt call Richard in Act 2, Scene 1?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)