|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the prophecies discussed in Act 2, Scene 4 supposed to forewarn?
(a) There will be a plague.
(b) The war is doomed.
(c) England is to be overthrown.
(d) The king is dead.
2. Why does Gaunt seem aloof to his brother's death?
(a) He is the one who has killed the Duke.
(b) He has put the tragedy behind him, and is trying to move on with his life.
(c) He is in love with the Duchess.
(d) He believes God will properly judge who is guilty.
3. What is Gaunt's final line?
(a) "Love they to live that love and honour have."
(b) "Live in thy shame, but die not shame with thee."
(c) "Convey me to my bed, then to my grave."
(d) "Words, life and all old Lancaster hath spent."
4. "My comfort is that heaven will take our souls and plague injustice with the pains of hell." Who says this?
5. Who is Bolingbroke's father?
(a) Sir Henry Green.
(b) Earl of Northumberland.
(c) Lord Ross.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many characters speak in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. Who is arrested in Act 4, Scene 1?
3. What is the last line of Act 3, Scene 1?
4. Of which quality of Bolingbroke does Richard worry?
5. What does the gardener plant for the Queen?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)