|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Richard respond to Bolingbroke's demands?
(a) He cries.
(b) He accepts.
(c) He pulls out his sword.
(d) He says he would rather die than allow Bolingbroke in England.
2. : For what day is the duel set?
(a) Guy Fawkes Day.
(b) Christmas Eve.
(c) The Summer Solstice.
(d) Saint Lambert's Day.
3. How many gold coins does Bolingbroke accuse Mowbray of withholding from the army?
4. How will Richard handle the situation in Ireland?
(a) He will send Green.
(b) He will go there himself.
(c) He will see how the situation plays out for another month.
(d) He has ordered an army to invade.
5. What is Richard's reaction towards the news of Gaunt he receives in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) He hopes Bolingbroke does not learn of the news, upsetting him in his exile.
(b) He hopes to seize Gaunt's property.
(c) He is devastated.
(d) He hopes to marry Gaunt's wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Bolingbroke put in charge of escorting the prisoners away?
2. Where does Richard say he is to go immediately following Act 1, Scene 4?
3. How are Gaunt and Bolingbroke related?
4. Whom does Bagot accuse in Act 4, Scene 1?
5. What does Gaunt mock while he speaks with Richard in Act 2, Scene 1?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)