|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Duchess of Gloucester's purpose in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) She worries aloud about money.
(b) She begs Gaunt to avenge her husband's death.
(c) She begs Gaunt to act humanely.
(d) She confesses that she did not love the Duke.
2. Who is the last character to speak in Act 2, Scene 1?
(d) The Gardener.
3. What is the setting in the beginning of Act 2, Scene 3?
4. What is Richard's reaction towards the news of Gaunt he receives in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) He hopes to marry Gaunt's wife.
(b) He is devastated.
(c) He hopes Bolingbroke does not learn of the news, upsetting him in his exile.
(d) He hopes to seize Gaunt's property.
5. Who does the Servant announce has died in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) The Duchess of Gloucester.
(c) The Duke of Kent.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who speaks first in Act 2, Scene 2?
2. What word does Bolingbroke use to refer to the person he is looking for in Act 5, Scene 3?
3. How does Gaunt try to persuade Bolingbroke to think of his banishment?
4. Who is the first to speak in Act 1, Scene 4?
5. Which of the following is a quote by Richard in Act 1, Scene 1?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)