|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Northumberland, Ross, and Willoughby discuss after Richard leaves Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Their disgust of Richard.
(b) The war in Ireland.
(c) Bolingbroke's loss of property.
(d) All three answers are correct.
2. How are Gaunt and Bolingbroke related?
(c) Father and son.
(d) Uncle and nephew.
3. Where will the Queen go after learning of her husband's defeat?
(a) Flint Castle.
4. Who does the Servant announce has died in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) The Duchess of Gloucester.
(d) The Duke of Kent.
5. Who are the first characters to enter Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) Gaunt, Bolingbroke.
(b) Gaunt, the Duchess of Gloucester.
(c) Lord Marshall, the Duke Aumerle.
(d) Richard, the Queen.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Richard described to Bolingbroke after the initial meeting in Act 3, Scene 3?
2. Who has the longest speech in Act 3, Scene 1?
3. Which character officially swears in Mowbray and Bolingbroke at the duel?
4. How does Gaunt try to persuade Bolingbroke to think of his banishment?
5. Where does Bushy inform Richard that Gaunt is in Act 1, Scene 4?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)