|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does York tell the men to meet him as he leaves Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Windsor Castle.
(b) Berkeley Castle.
(c) Buckingham Palace.
2. What is Gaunt talking about during his famous speech in Act 2, Scene 1?
3. Who is the first character to speak in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. What is Gaunt's final line?
(a) "Words, life and all old Lancaster hath spent."
(b) "Love they to live that love and honour have."
(c) "Convey me to my bed, then to my grave."
(d) "Live in thy shame, but die not shame with thee."
5. Which of the following lines is what the Queen says to the bearer of the news of Bolingbroke?
(a) "There is no higher evil than Bolingbroke."
(b) "What right have you to deliver such agony to the Queen?"
(c) "Your news feels of demons ripping my inside."
(d) "Thou art the midwife to my woe."
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gaunt call Richard in Act 2, Scene 1?
2. Which of the following is a quote by Richard in Act 1, Scene 1?
3. Who are the first characters to enter Act 1, Scene 3?
4. Who does Mowbray admit to have scheming against in the past?
5. How does Richard respond to Bolingbroke's demands?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)