|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Richard learn of Gaunt in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) He is very sick.
(b) He is heartbroken and acting insane.
(c) He is leaving the country too.
(d) He is threatening to commit suicide.
2. What is the Duchess of Gloucester's purpose in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) She confesses that she did not love the Duke.
(b) She begs Gaunt to act humanely.
(c) She worries aloud about money.
(d) She begs Gaunt to avenge her husband's death.
3. What does Gaunt call Richard in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) "A stain on our England's dress."
(b) "History's most venomous leader."
(c) "Landlord of England."
(d) "Un-rightful king to no one."
4. Who does the Duchess wish ill upon at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
5. Who tells of Bolingbroke's arrival in England?
(c) The Duke of York.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following character is not in Act 3, Scene 1?
2. What Greek god does Richard compare himself to at Berkley Castle?
3. What does Gaunt mock while he speaks with Richard in Act 2, Scene 1?
4. How many lines are in Act 3, Scene 1?
5. Who said, "Let's fight with gentle words"?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)