|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. : For what day is the duel set?
(a) Saint Lambert's Day.
(b) Christmas Eve.
(c) Guy Fawkes Day.
(d) The Summer Solstice.
2. What object does Richard break in Act 4, Scene 1?
(a) A mirror.
(b) The royal crown.
(c) A vase.
(d) A window.
3. To whom does Bolingbroke send a message to in Act 3, Scene 1 that he has no ill-will towards?
(a) The Queen.
(c) The Duchess of Gloucester.
4. How large was the Welsh army?
5. What is part of the significance of Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) Richard has become gravely ill.
(b) The Queen is pregnant.
(c) Bolingbroke has surrendered.
(d) Richard has returned from England.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long is Bolingbroke originally banished from England?
2. What is the double metaphor spoken in the Duchess's first speech of the play?
3. Who addresses Bolingbroke as "Lord Hereford" in Act 2, Scene 3?
4. Who is Northumberland's son?
5. Where does Bushy inform Richard that Gaunt is in Act 1, Scene 4?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)