|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Richard's uncle and Gaunt's brother?
(a) The Duke of Lancaster.
(b) Lord Edmonton of Bath.
(c) The Duke of Kent.
(d) The Duke of Gloucester.
2. What is the setting of Act 3, Scene 1?
3. For whom does Richard reduce Bolingbroke's sentence?
(a) The Duchess of Gloucester.
(b) Lord Marshal.
(d) The Queen.
4. How does Gaunt try to persuade Bolingbroke to think of his banishment?
(a) As a time to find a wife.
(b) As a time to grow as a man.
(c) As a pleasurable journey.
(d) As his civic duty.
5. Where is Gaunt to go after Act 1, Scene 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where will Bolingbroke take Richard after their first confrontation since the beginning of the play?
2. When do thieves and robbers act, according to Richard?
3. Who speaks first in Act 2, Scene 2?
4. What are the prophecies discussed in Act 2, Scene 4 supposed to forewarn?
5. What does Richard touch and speak to lovingly in Act 3, Scene 2?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)