|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Gaunt seem aloof to his brother's death?
(a) He believes God will properly judge who is guilty.
(b) He is the one who has killed the Duke.
(c) He has put the tragedy behind him, and is trying to move on with his life.
(d) He is in love with the Duchess.
2. What do Mowbray and Bolingbroke state officially that they are fighting for at the duel?
(a) Mowbray claims adultery while Bolingbroke claims theft.
(b) Both claim the other is a traitor.
(c) Both love the same woman.
(d) Both claim the other killed the Duke of Gloucester.
3. Who does Mowbray admit to have scheming against in the past?
(d) The Duke of Aumerle.
4. What is the last line of Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) "A while to work, and after holiday."
(b) "With letters of your love to her at large."
(c) "And plague injustice with the pains of hell."
(d) "Thanks, gentle uncle. Come, lords, away."
5. What does Richard touch and speak to lovingly in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) A dog.
(b) His newborn child.
(c) The ground.
(d) The Queen.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Where then, alas, may I complain myself?" Who says this?
2. How does York regard Bolingbroke's acting against the king?
3. Which is the final line of Act 1, Scene 2?
4. What is the final line of Act 3, Scene 4?
5. What Greek god does Richard compare himself to at Berkley Castle?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)