|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Richard's reaction towards the news of Gaunt he receives in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) He is devastated.
(b) He hopes to marry Gaunt's wife.
(c) He hopes Bolingbroke does not learn of the news, upsetting him in his exile.
(d) He hopes to seize Gaunt's property.
2. How many characters are in Act 2, Scene 4?
3. Who is sent to talk with Richard in Act 3, Scene 3?
(d) An attendant.
4. What does Gaunt call Richard in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) "History's most venomous leader."
(b) "Un-rightful king to no one."
(c) "Landlord of England."
(d) "A stain on our England's dress."
5. Which of the following is not one of the prophecies alarming the characters of Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) The moon looks bloody.
(c) Endless rain.
(d) Ruffians dancing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where will Bolingbroke take Richard after their first confrontation since the beginning of the play?
2. How many lines are in Act 3, Scene 1?
3. Where is the setting of Act 1, Scene 4?
4. Who is Gaunt alluding to have killed the Duke of Gloucester as he speaks alone with the Duchess?
5. "What my tongue speaks my right drawn sword may prove." Who says this?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)