|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who informs Richard that Bushy and Green are dead?
2. Who is the first to speak in Act 2, Scene 1?
3. Which of the following is not one of the prophecies alarming the characters of Act 2, Scene 4?
(b) Ruffians dancing.
(c) The moon looks bloody.
(d) Endless rain.
4. Who does Bolingbroke specifically promise to "weed and pluck away" in Act 2, Scene 3?
(b) All of the above.
(d) Bushy and Bagot.
5. What is the Duchess of Gloucester's purpose in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) She begs Gaunt to avenge her husband's death.
(b) She worries aloud about money.
(c) She begs Gaunt to act humanely.
(d) She confesses that she did not love the Duke.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which nation does York refer to as he discusses vanity?
2. What does Bolingbroke question of Bagot when they arrive in London?
3. "Well, he is gone, and with him go these thoughts." Who says this?
4. What is the biggest concern in Act 2, Scene 2 regarding the war in Ireland?
5. Which characters are in Act 2, Scene 4?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)