|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Northumberland then confide to Ross and Willoughby in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) That he is secretly planning to assassinate Richard.
(b) That he is going to join Richard in his invasion of Ireland.
(c) That he killed Gaunt.
(d) That Bolingbroke is returning to England with an army.
2. Which of the following is not one of the prophecies alarming the characters of Act 2, Scene 4?
(b) Endless rain.
(c) The moon looks bloody.
(d) Ruffians dancing.
3. Whom does Bagot accuse in Act 4, Scene 1?
4. What is the Duchess of Gloucester's purpose in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) She begs Gaunt to avenge her husband's death.
(b) She confesses that she did not love the Duke.
(c) She worries aloud about money.
(d) She begs Gaunt to act humanely.
5. Where is the setting of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Gaunt's house.
(b) A chapel.
(c) An orchard.
(d) Windsor Castle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Mowbray and Bolingbroke state officially that they are fighting for at the duel?
2. Who is at Bristow Castle in Act 2, Scene 2?
3. What do Bolingbroke and Mowbray accuse one another of?
4. What is Richard's initial reaction upon discussing Bushy and Green after his departure from Ireland?
5. What is the major concern of Act 2, Scene 4?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)