|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How will Richard handle the situation in Ireland?
(a) He will send Green.
(b) He has ordered an army to invade.
(c) He will see how the situation plays out for another month.
(d) He will go there himself.
2. What is the Duchess of Gloucester's purpose in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) She worries aloud about money.
(b) She begs Gaunt to act humanely.
(c) She confesses that she did not love the Duke.
(d) She begs Gaunt to avenge her husband's death.
3. Which of the following lines is what the Queen says to the bearer of the news of Bolingbroke?
(a) "What right have you to deliver such agony to the Queen?"
(b) "Your news feels of demons ripping my inside."
(c) "There is no higher evil than Bolingbroke."
(d) "Thou art the midwife to my woe."
4. What does the gardener plant for the Queen?
(a) The herb rue.
(d) A weeping willow.
5. Which of the following characters is not in Act 3, Scene 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the setting of Act 3, Scene 1?
2. How many characters speak in Act 1, Scene 2?
3. Which characters are in Act 2, Scene 4?
4. How does Gaunt try to persuade Bolingbroke to think of his banishment?
5. Where does Bushy inform Richard that Gaunt is in Act 1, Scene 4?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)