|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "My comfort is that heaven will take our souls and plague injustice with the pains of hell." Who says this?
2. Who tells of Bolingbroke's arrival in England?
(d) The Duke of York.
3. What does Northumberland then confide to Ross and Willoughby in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) That he is secretly planning to assassinate Richard.
(b) That he is going to join Richard in his invasion of Ireland.
(c) That he killed Gaunt.
(d) That Bolingbroke is returning to England with an army.
4. What is the major concern of Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) Richard has not returned from Ireland.
(b) The Queen is beginning to go insane.
(c) The army is running out of food.
(d) There are rumors afloat Richard has been taken prisoner.
5. How many lines are in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) Twenty eight.
(b) Three hundred twelve.
(c) One hundred five.
(d) Forty four.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the first characters to enter Act 1, Scene 3?
2. What is Gaunt talking about during his famous speech in Act 2, Scene 1?
3. What does Gaunt call Richard in Act 2, Scene 1?
4. What is Bolingbroke's banishment reduced to?
5. How does Gaunt try to persuade Bolingbroke to think of his banishment?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)