|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says "What a tide of woes comes rushing on this woeful land at once!" in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) The Queen.
(b) The Duke of York.
2. Who is Bolingbroke's father?
(a) Earl of Northumberland.
(c) Lord Ross.
(d) Sir Henry Green.
3. What is Bolingbroke's title now that Gaunt is dead?
(a) The Duke of Kent.
(b) Lord Lancaster.
(c) Sir Henry of Wales.
(d) Lord Aumerle.
4. Which of the following is not one of the prophecies alarming the characters of Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) Ruffians dancing.
(b) The moon looks bloody.
(d) Endless rain.
5. "What my tongue speaks my right drawn sword may prove." Who says this?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first character to speak in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. Who invites Bolingbroke to stay at Berkley Castle?
3. What does Richard learn of Gaunt in Act 1, Scene 4?
4. What is the biggest concern in Act 2, Scene 2 regarding the war in Ireland?
5. Who is Northumberland's son?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)