|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Where then, alas, may I complain myself?" Who says this?
(b) The Duchess of Gloucester.
2. What is Richard's reaction towards the news of Gaunt he receives in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) He hopes to seize Gaunt's property.
(b) He is devastated.
(c) He hopes Bolingbroke does not learn of the news, upsetting him in his exile.
(d) He hopes to marry Gaunt's wife.
3. Who is the first character to speak in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. Who does the Duchess wish ill upon at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
5. How long has the Welsh army been waiting for Richard?
(a) A week.
(b) Two days.
(c) A month.
(d) Ten days.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Northumberland's son?
2. Who of the following is not a character in Act 2, Scene 3?
3. Who is Bolingbroke's father?
4. Where does Bushy inform Richard that Gaunt is in Act 1, Scene 4?
5. Which character officially swears in Mowbray and Bolingbroke at the duel?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)