|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Richard's uncle and Gaunt's brother?
(a) Lord Edmonton of Bath.
(b) The Duke of Gloucester.
(c) The Duke of Lancaster.
(d) The Duke of Kent.
2. Where does York tell the men to meet him as he leaves Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Berkeley Castle.
(b) Buckingham Palace.
(c) Windsor Castle.
3. : For what day is the duel set?
(a) The Summer Solstice.
(b) Guy Fawkes Day.
(c) Christmas Eve.
(d) Saint Lambert's Day.
4. How are Gaunt and Bolingbroke related?
(a) Father and son.
(b) Uncle and nephew.
5. What is the Duchess of Gloucester's purpose in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) She confesses that she did not love the Duke.
(b) She worries aloud about money.
(c) She begs Gaunt to avenge her husband's death.
(d) She begs Gaunt to act humanely.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the Duchess wish ill upon at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
2. "...for God's substitute, His deputy anointed in His sight..." Who is being referred to here?
3. What is Richard's reaction towards the news of Gaunt he receives in Act 1, Scene 4?
4. What does Northumberland then confide to Ross and Willoughby in Act 2, Scene 1?
5. Who tells of Bolingbroke's arrival in England?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)