|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Richard's uncle and Gaunt's brother?
(a) The Duke of Gloucester.
(b) The Duke of Kent.
(c) The Duke of Lancaster.
(d) Lord Edmonton of Bath.
2. "Well, he is gone, and with him go these thoughts." Who says this?
(c) Lord Aumerle.
3. What is the biggest concern in Act 2, Scene 2 regarding the war in Ireland?
(a) Defeating the rebels.
(b) The weather is miserable and men are dying of illness.
(c) Paying for it.
(d) The fact that the war is on Irish soil, and not at home.
4. What does Northumberland then confide to Ross and Willoughby in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) That he is secretly planning to assassinate Richard.
(b) That he killed Gaunt.
(c) That Bolingbroke is returning to England with an army.
(d) That he is going to join Richard in his invasion of Ireland.
5. "What my tongue speaks my right drawn sword may prove." Who says this?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the characters decide to do at the end of Act 2, Scene 4?
2. : For what day is the duel set?
3. What is Bolingbroke's banishment reduced to?
4. How does Gaunt try to persuade Bolingbroke to think of his banishment?
5. Which is the final line of Act 1, Scene 2?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)