|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Mowbray supposed to be doing with Richard's uncle when he died?
(a) Practicing to duel.
(b) Accompany him while traveling.
(c) Showing him the courtyards.
(d) Guarding him.
2. "...for God's substitute, His deputy anointed in His sight..." Who is being referred to here?
(a) The king.
(b) The pope.
(c) The judge.
(d) The shaman.
3. Who in Ireland is worrying Richard in Act 1, Scene 4?
4. What does Bolingbroke claim to be his intentions for invading England?
(a) To destroy Richard's monarchy.
(b) All of the above.
(c) To reclaim his inheritance.
(d) To rule England.
5. Which of the following characters is the only one to speak in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) The Queen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following lines is what the Queen says to the bearer of the news of Bolingbroke?
2. What do Northumberland, Ross, and Willoughby discuss after Richard leaves Act 2, Scene 1?
3. Why is Richard confused about Gaunt's reaction towards Bolingbroke's sentence?
4. What is Bolingbroke's title now that Gaunt is dead?
5. Who is Gaunt alluding to have killed the Duke of Gloucester as he speaks alone with the Duchess?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)