|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of which quality of Bolingbroke does Richard worry?
(a) Bolingbroke is always able to persuade people to take his side.
(b) His intelligence often outsmarted Richard in their youth.
(c) He is gracious to and loved by the common people.
(d) Bolingbroke is much stronger than Richard.
2. Which of the following lines is what the Queen says to the bearer of the news of Bolingbroke?
(a) "There is no higher evil than Bolingbroke."
(b) "What right have you to deliver such agony to the Queen?"
(c) "Thou art the midwife to my woe."
(d) "Your news feels of demons ripping my inside."
3. What is the major concern of Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) The army is running out of food.
(b) There are rumors afloat Richard has been taken prisoner.
(c) Richard has not returned from Ireland.
(d) The Queen is beginning to go insane.
4. Who is the first to speak in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) Lord Aumerle.
5. How many lines are in Act 2, Scene 4?
(b) Two hundred.
(c) Twenty four.
(d) One hundred.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Richard's uncle and Gaunt's brother?
2. Who are the first characters to enter Act 1, Scene 3?
3. Where is the setting of Act 1, Scene 4?
4. How long has the Welsh army been waiting for Richard?
5. Which is the final line of Act 1, Scene 2?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)