|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Northumberland, Ross, and Willoughby discuss after Richard leaves Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Their disgust of Richard.
(b) The war in Ireland.
(c) Bolingbroke's loss of property.
(d) All three answers are correct.
2. What does Bushy do for the Queen in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) He offers to take her to the ocean.
(b) He calls for his musicians to play for her.
(c) He tells stories of Richard's bravery.
(d) He tries to comfort her with his wit.
3. Who is fleeing straight to Richard after learning of Bolingbroke's arrival?
(b) The Queen.
4. What does York warn Gaunt in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) That Bolingbroke is confronting very harsh conditions in his exile.
(b) That his wife is going to leave him.
(c) That Mowbray is going to try to kill him.
(d) That Richard will ignore him.
5. What does Richard learn of Gaunt in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) He is leaving the country too.
(b) He is heartbroken and acting insane.
(c) He is threatening to commit suicide.
(d) He is very sick.
Short Answer Questions
1. : For what day is the duel set?
2. "What my tongue speaks my right drawn sword may prove." Who says this?
3. Why does Gaunt seem aloof to his brother's death?
4. Who is the first character to speak in Act 1, Scene 1?
5. What adjective does Richard use to describe Bolingbroke that is condescending?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)