|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is at Bristow Castle in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Earl of Salisbury.
(b) The Duke of Aumerle.
(c) The Earl of Wiltshire.
(d) Abbot of Westminster.
2. What does Bolingbroke claim to be his intentions for invading England?
(a) To destroy Richard's monarchy.
(b) All of the above.
(c) To rule England.
(d) To reclaim his inheritance.
3. What was Mowbray supposed to be doing with Richard's uncle when he died?
(a) Showing him the courtyards.
(b) Accompany him while traveling.
(c) Practicing to duel.
(d) Guarding him.
4. Who is the last to speak in Act 2, Scene 3?
5. What is Gaunt's final line?
(a) "Words, life and all old Lancaster hath spent."
(b) "Convey me to my bed, then to my grave."
(c) "Love they to live that love and honour have."
(d) "Live in thy shame, but die not shame with thee."
Short Answer Questions
1. Who speaks first in Act 2, Scene 2?
2. What made Aumerle cry when he said goodbye to Bolingbroke?
3. What is Richard's reaction towards the news of Gaunt he receives in Act 1, Scene 4?
4. What is the Duchess of Gloucester's purpose in Act 1, Scene 2?
5. "Where then, alas, may I complain myself?" Who says this?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)