|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is at Bristow Castle in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Abbot of Westminster.
(b) The Duke of Aumerle.
(c) Earl of Salisbury.
(d) The Earl of Wiltshire.
2. Who was Richard's uncle and Gaunt's brother?
(a) The Duke of Lancaster.
(b) Lord Edmonton of Bath.
(c) The Duke of Gloucester.
(d) The Duke of Kent.
3. "What my tongue speaks my right drawn sword may prove." Who says this?
4. : For what day is the duel set?
(a) The Summer Solstice.
(b) Guy Fawkes Day.
(c) Saint Lambert's Day.
(d) Christmas Eve.
5. What is the Duchess of Gloucester's purpose in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) She confesses that she did not love the Duke.
(b) She begs Gaunt to act humanely.
(c) She begs Gaunt to avenge her husband's death.
(d) She worries aloud about money.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Gaunt try to persuade Bolingbroke to think of his banishment?
2. Who is Gaunt alluding to have killed the Duke of Gloucester as he speaks alone with the Duchess?
3. "...for God's substitute, His deputy anointed in His sight..." Who is being referred to here?
4. To whom does Bolingbroke send a message to in Act 3, Scene 1 that he has no ill-will towards?
5. What are the prophecies discussed in Act 2, Scene 4 supposed to forewarn?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)