|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Bolingbroke specifically promise to "weed and pluck away" in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) All of the above.
(b) Bushy and Bagot.
2. Who invites Bolingbroke to stay at Berkley Castle?
(a) Lord Berkley.
3. How does York regard Bolingbroke's acting against the king?
4. "...for God's substitute, His deputy anointed in His sight..." Who is being referred to here?
(a) The pope.
(b) The shaman.
(c) The judge.
(d) The king.
5. Who is the last character to speak in Act 2, Scene 1?
(c) The Gardener.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many gold coins does Bolingbroke accuse Mowbray of withholding from the army?
2. What is the double metaphor spoken in the Duchess's first speech of the play?
3. "Where then, alas, may I complain myself?" Who says this?
4. "Though banish'd, yet a true born Englishman." Who says this quote?
5. Which of the following is not a reason Bolingbroke is executing the prisoners?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)