|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many gold coins does Bolingbroke accuse Mowbray of withholding from the army?
2. Why does Gaunt seem aloof to his brother's death?
(a) He believes God will properly judge who is guilty.
(b) He is the one who has killed the Duke.
(c) He has put the tragedy behind him, and is trying to move on with his life.
(d) He is in love with the Duchess.
3. Which of the following is a quote by Richard in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) "Mine honour is my life, both grow in one."
(b) "Obedience bids I should not bid again."
(c) "We were not born to sue, but to command."
(d) "O God defend my soul from such deep sin!"
4. "Though banish'd, yet a true born Englishman." Who says this quote?
(b) Lord Marshal.
5. Which of the following characters is the only one to speak in Act 2, Scene 1?
(d) The Queen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Gaunt to go after Act 1, Scene 2?
2. Who does Mowbray admit to have scheming against in the past?
3. Which of the following lines is what the Queen says to the bearer of the news of Bolingbroke?
4. What does Bolingbroke claim to be his intentions for invading England?
5. What made Aumerle cry when he said goodbye to Bolingbroke?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)