|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Gaunt seem aloof to his brother's death?
(a) He has put the tragedy behind him, and is trying to move on with his life.
(b) He is the one who has killed the Duke.
(c) He is in love with the Duchess.
(d) He believes God will properly judge who is guilty.
2. Which of the following characters is the only one to speak in Act 2, Scene 1?
(d) The Queen.
3. Who informally swears their allegiance to Bolingbroke in Act 2, Scene 3?
4. Where is the setting of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Windsor Castle.
(b) A chapel.
(c) Gaunt's house.
(d) An orchard.
5. Who speaks first in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) The Queen.
(d) The Duke of York.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is a quote by Richard in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. Who was Richard's uncle and Gaunt's brother?
3. What do Bolingbroke and Mowbray accuse one another of?
4. How long is Mowbray banished from England?
5. Who does the Servant announce has died in Act 2, Scene 2?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)