|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the setting of Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) The Court.
(b) The Chambers.
(c) The Garden.
(d) The Supper Room.
2. Who is upset over Richard's absence in Act 2, Scene 2?
(b) The Duke of York.
(d) The Queen.
3. Who is the last character to speak in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) The Gardener.
4. What does Bushy do for the Queen in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) He tells stories of Richard's bravery.
(b) He calls for his musicians to play for her.
(c) He offers to take her to the ocean.
(d) He tries to comfort her with his wit.
5. What does Gaunt call Richard in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) "A stain on our England's dress."
(b) "History's most venomous leader."
(c) "Landlord of England."
(d) "Un-rightful king to no one."
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Richard's reaction towards the news of Gaunt he receives in Act 1, Scene 4?
2. What does Bolingbroke claim to be his intentions for invading England?
3. "What my tongue speaks my right drawn sword may prove." Who says this?
4. What is the biggest concern in Act 2, Scene 2 regarding the war in Ireland?
5. Which character officially swears in Mowbray and Bolingbroke at the duel?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)