|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which nation does York refer to as he discusses vanity?
2. Of which quality of Bolingbroke does Richard worry?
(a) He is gracious to and loved by the common people.
(b) His intelligence often outsmarted Richard in their youth.
(c) Bolingbroke is much stronger than Richard.
(d) Bolingbroke is always able to persuade people to take his side.
3. "...for God's substitute, His deputy anointed in His sight..." Who is being referred to here?
(a) The pope.
(b) The shaman.
(c) The judge.
(d) The king.
4. How long is Bolingbroke originally banished from England?
(a) Forty years.
(b) Twenty years.
(d) Ten years.
5. What does Northumberland then confide to Ross and Willoughby in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) That Bolingbroke is returning to England with an army.
(b) That he is going to join Richard in his invasion of Ireland.
(c) That he killed Gaunt.
(d) That he is secretly planning to assassinate Richard.
Short Answer Questions
1. How will Richard handle the situation in Ireland?
2. What is Bolingbroke's title now that Gaunt is dead?
3. What does Gaunt mock while he speaks with Richard in Act 2, Scene 1?
4. : For what day is the duel set?
5. Who is the last character to speak in Act 2, Scene 1?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)