|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which is the final line of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) "To God, the widow's champion and defence."
(b) "The last leave of thee takes my weeping eye."
(c) "Desolate, desolate will I hence and die."
(d) "As much good stay with thee as go with me."
2. How does Gaunt try to persuade Bolingbroke to think of his banishment?
(a) As a time to grow as a man.
(b) As his civic duty.
(c) As a pleasurable journey.
(d) As a time to find a wife.
3. Which of the following lines is what the Queen says to the bearer of the news of Bolingbroke?
(a) "What right have you to deliver such agony to the Queen?"
(b) "There is no higher evil than Bolingbroke."
(c) "Thou art the midwife to my woe."
(d) "Your news feels of demons ripping my inside."
4. How are Gaunt and Bolingbroke related?
(a) Uncle and nephew.
(b) Father and son.
5. Who is upset over Richard's absence in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) The Queen.
(c) The Duke of York.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the Servant announce has died in Act 2, Scene 2?
2. "What my tongue speaks my right drawn sword may prove." Who says this?
3. Who stops the duel as it begins?
4. Who is the first to speak in Act 1, Scene 4?
5. Which nation does York refer to as he discusses vanity?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)