|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "...for God's substitute, His deputy anointed in His sight..." Who is being referred to here?
(a) The pope.
(b) The shaman.
(c) The king.
(d) The judge.
2. What is the double metaphor spoken in the Duchess's first speech of the play?
(a) Doves flying; a harp playing angel.
(b) Vials of blood; branches from one root.
(c) Rose petals; a dagger dripping blood.
(d) A crying baby; nurses working corruptly.
3. Where is Gaunt to go after Act 1, Scene 2?
4. Who stops the duel as it begins?
(a) The Queen.
(d) The Duchess of Gloucester.
5. Of which quality of Bolingbroke does Richard worry?
(a) His intelligence often outsmarted Richard in their youth.
(b) He is gracious to and loved by the common people.
(c) Bolingbroke is always able to persuade people to take his side.
(d) Bolingbroke is much stronger than Richard.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character officially swears in Mowbray and Bolingbroke at the duel?
2. Who addresses Bolingbroke as "Lord Hereford" in Act 2, Scene 3?
3. What is Gaunt talking about during his famous speech in Act 2, Scene 1?
4. Who is the first character to speak in Act 1, Scene 1?
5. Who does Mowbray admit to have scheming against in the past?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)