|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Mowbray and Bolingbroke state officially that they are fighting for at the duel?
(a) Both love the same woman.
(b) Both claim the other is a traitor.
(c) Mowbray claims adultery while Bolingbroke claims theft.
(d) Both claim the other killed the Duke of Gloucester.
2. Why don't Bolingbroke and Mowbray forgive one another?
(a) They have had a rivalry since childhood.
(b) Both have not shared everything they are upset over.
(c) It would be forfeiting their honor.
(d) They have both sworn to God they would seek vengeance.
3. Which of the following is a quote by Richard in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) "O God defend my soul from such deep sin!"
(b) "Obedience bids I should not bid again."
(c) "Mine honour is my life, both grow in one."
(d) "We were not born to sue, but to command."
4. Which character officially swears in Mowbray and Bolingbroke at the duel?
(b) Lord Marshal.
(d) Duke Aumerle.
5. "Where then, alas, may I complain myself?" Who says this?
(a) The Duchess of Gloucester.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Bushy inform Richard that Gaunt is in Act 1, Scene 4?
2. Who is Gaunt alluding to have killed the Duke of Gloucester as he speaks alone with the Duchess?
3. Who is the last character to speak in Act 2, Scene 1?
4. What does Richard learn of Gaunt in Act 1, Scene 4?
5. Who of the following is not a character in Act 2, Scene 3?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)