|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Gaunt seem aloof to his brother's death?
(a) He believes God will properly judge who is guilty.
(b) He has put the tragedy behind him, and is trying to move on with his life.
(c) He is in love with the Duchess.
(d) He is the one who has killed the Duke.
2. Who informally swears their allegiance to Bolingbroke in Act 2, Scene 3?
3. What adjective does Richard use to describe Bolingbroke that is condescending?
4. Who does the Duchess wish ill upon at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
5. Who is Woodstock?
(a) The Duke of Gloucester.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who speaks first in Act 2, Scene 2?
2. What is Richard's reaction towards the news of Gaunt he receives in Act 1, Scene 4?
3. Who is Northumberland's son?
4. : For what day is the duel set?
5. What is the double metaphor spoken in the Duchess's first speech of the play?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)