|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Gaunt seem aloof to his brother's death?
(a) He believes God will properly judge who is guilty.
(b) He is in love with the Duchess.
(c) He is the one who has killed the Duke.
(d) He has put the tragedy behind him, and is trying to move on with his life.
2. Who in Ireland is worrying Richard in Act 1, Scene 4?
3. Which is the final line of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) "To God, the widow's champion and defence."
(b) "As much good stay with thee as go with me."
(c) "Desolate, desolate will I hence and die."
(d) "The last leave of thee takes my weeping eye."
4. Who informally swears their allegiance to Bolingbroke in Act 2, Scene 3?
5. Who does the Servant announce has died in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) The Duchess of Gloucester.
(d) The Duke of Kent.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters is the only one to speak in Act 2, Scene 1?
2. Who does Mowbray admit to have scheming against in the past?
3. Why don't Bolingbroke and Mowbray forgive one another?
4. Who is Northumberland's son?
5. Who stops the duel as it begins?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)