|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who invites Bolingbroke to stay at Berkley Castle?
(b) Lord Berkley.
2. Who tells of Bolingbroke's arrival in England?
(b) The Duke of York.
3. How are Gaunt and Bolingbroke related?
(a) Uncle and nephew.
(c) Father and son.
4. What is the biggest concern in Act 2, Scene 2 regarding the war in Ireland?
(a) The fact that the war is on Irish soil, and not at home.
(b) Paying for it.
(c) The weather is miserable and men are dying of illness.
(d) Defeating the rebels.
5. "Well, he is gone, and with him go these thoughts." Who says this?
(a) Lord Aumerle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first character to speak in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. Which character officially swears in Mowbray and Bolingbroke at the duel?
3. What adjective does Richard use to describe Bolingbroke that is condescending?
4. Who is Gaunt alluding to have killed the Duke of Gloucester as he speaks alone with the Duchess?
5. Who says "What a tide of woes comes rushing on this woeful land at once!" in Act 2, Scene 2?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)