|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Richard's reaction towards the news of Gaunt he receives in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) He hopes Bolingbroke does not learn of the news, upsetting him in his exile.
(b) He is devastated.
(c) He hopes to seize Gaunt's property.
(d) He hopes to marry Gaunt's wife.
2. Who informally swears their allegiance to Bolingbroke in Act 2, Scene 3?
3. "Well, he is gone, and with him go these thoughts." Who says this?
(c) Lord Aumerle.
4. What is Bolingbroke's title now that Gaunt is dead?
(a) Lord Aumerle.
(b) The Duke of Kent.
(c) Lord Lancaster.
(d) Sir Henry of Wales.
5. "...for God's substitute, His deputy anointed in His sight..." Who is being referred to here?
(a) The judge.
(b) The shaman.
(c) The pope.
(d) The king.
Short Answer Questions
1. What made Aumerle cry when he said goodbye to Bolingbroke?
2. How many gold coins does Bolingbroke accuse Mowbray of withholding from the army?
3. What was Mowbray supposed to be doing with Richard's uncle when he died?
4. What is Gaunt's final line?
5. Who is the first to speak in Act 2, Scene 3?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)