|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who speaks first in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) The Duke of York.
(c) The Queen.
2. Which is the final line of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) "Desolate, desolate will I hence and die."
(b) "As much good stay with thee as go with me."
(c) "To God, the widow's champion and defence."
(d) "The last leave of thee takes my weeping eye."
3. What is Gaunt talking about during his famous speech in Act 2, Scene 1?
4. Where was the setting for Act 1, Scene 1?
(b) Buckingham Palace.
(c) Windsor Castle.
(d) Alexandra Palace.
5. Who informally swears their allegiance to Bolingbroke in Act 2, Scene 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. "...for God's substitute, His deputy anointed in His sight..." Who is being referred to here?
2. Who addresses Bolingbroke as "Lord Hereford" in Act 2, Scene 3?
3. What is Richard's reaction towards the news of Gaunt he receives in Act 1, Scene 4?
4. Which of the following lines is what the Queen says to the bearer of the news of Bolingbroke?
5. Who is Woodstock?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)