|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What made Aumerle cry when he said goodbye to Bolingbroke?
(a) Knowing his cousin's father would soon die.
(b) Seeing his cousin banished from England.
(c) All of the above.
(d) The wind.
2. What is the setting in the beginning of Act 2, Scene 3?
3. Why is Richard confused about Gaunt's reaction towards Bolingbroke's sentence?
(a) Gaunt took part in the verdict decision making.
(b) Gaunt told Richard that Bolingbroke had threatened him, and he wanted him exiled.
(c) Gaunt usually does not react so emotionally.
(d) Richard thought Gaunt was dying, and everyone else was laughing.
4. Who invites Bolingbroke to stay at Berkley Castle?
(c) Lord Berkley.
5. How many characters speak in Act 1, Scene 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. For whom does Richard reduce Bolingbroke's sentence?
2. What is Bolingbroke's title now that Gaunt is dead?
3. What is the Duchess of Gloucester's purpose in Act 1, Scene 2?
4. Who is the first to speak in Act 2, Scene 1?
5. How many gold coins does Bolingbroke accuse Mowbray of withholding from the army?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)