|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Richard's reaction towards the news of Gaunt he receives in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) He hopes to marry Gaunt's wife.
(b) He hopes Bolingbroke does not learn of the news, upsetting him in his exile.
(c) He is devastated.
(d) He hopes to seize Gaunt's property.
2. Which of the following is a quote by Richard in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) "O God defend my soul from such deep sin!"
(b) "Mine honour is my life, both grow in one."
(c) "Obedience bids I should not bid again."
(d) "We were not born to sue, but to command."
3. Of which quality of Bolingbroke does Richard worry?
(a) Bolingbroke is always able to persuade people to take his side.
(b) Bolingbroke is much stronger than Richard.
(c) His intelligence often outsmarted Richard in their youth.
(d) He is gracious to and loved by the common people.
4. Who says "What a tide of woes comes rushing on this woeful land at once!" in Act 2, Scene 2?
(b) The Queen.
(c) The Duke of York.
5. Who is the first to speak in Act 1, Scene 4?
(d) Lord Aumerle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which nation does York refer to as he discusses vanity?
2. What does Gaunt call Richard in Act 2, Scene 1?
3. Who of the following is not a character in Act 2, Scene 3?
4. Who does Mowbray admit to have scheming against in the past?
5. Who is fleeing straight to Richard after learning of Bolingbroke's arrival?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)