|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who invites Bolingbroke to stay at Berkley Castle?
(b) Lord Berkley.
2. Who informally swears their allegiance to Bolingbroke in Act 2, Scene 3?
3. What is the Duchess of Gloucester's purpose in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) She begs Gaunt to act humanely.
(b) She confesses that she did not love the Duke.
(c) She worries aloud about money.
(d) She begs Gaunt to avenge her husband's death.
4. Why is Richard confused about Gaunt's reaction towards Bolingbroke's sentence?
(a) Richard thought Gaunt was dying, and everyone else was laughing.
(b) Gaunt took part in the verdict decision making.
(c) Gaunt usually does not react so emotionally.
(d) Gaunt told Richard that Bolingbroke had threatened him, and he wanted him exiled.
5. Where was the setting for Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Windsor Castle.
(b) Buckingham Palace.
(d) Alexandra Palace.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Mowbray supposed to be doing with Richard's uncle when he died?
2. Who does the Servant announce has died in Act 2, Scene 2?
3. What do Mowbray and Bolingbroke state officially that they are fighting for at the duel?
4. What is Richard's reaction towards the news of Gaunt he receives in Act 1, Scene 4?
5. What does Bushy do for the Queen in Act 2, Scene 2?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)