|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Bushy inform Richard that Gaunt is in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) Ely House.
(b) Windsor Castle.
(d) Thames House.
2. Of which quality of Bolingbroke does Richard worry?
(a) Bolingbroke is always able to persuade people to take his side.
(b) His intelligence often outsmarted Richard in their youth.
(c) He is gracious to and loved by the common people.
(d) Bolingbroke is much stronger than Richard.
3. Who of the following characters have not fled to Bolingbroke's army?
4. Where does York tell the men to meet him as he leaves Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Buckingham Palace.
(b) Berkeley Castle.
(c) Windsor Castle.
5. What does Bushy do for the Queen in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) He tells stories of Richard's bravery.
(b) He calls for his musicians to play for her.
(c) He tries to comfort her with his wit.
(d) He offers to take her to the ocean.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who speaks first in Act 2, Scene 2?
2. Who is fleeing straight to Richard after learning of Bolingbroke's arrival?
3. Who is the first to speak in Act 2, Scene 3?
4. "...for God's substitute, His deputy anointed in His sight..." Who is being referred to here?
5. Who does the Duchess wish ill upon at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)