|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Duchess of Gloucester's purpose in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) She begs Gaunt to avenge her husband's death.
(b) She confesses that she did not love the Duke.
(c) She worries aloud about money.
(d) She begs Gaunt to act humanely.
2. What does Richard learn of Gaunt in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) He is threatening to commit suicide.
(b) He is leaving the country too.
(c) He is very sick.
(d) He is heartbroken and acting insane.
3. "Though banish'd, yet a true born Englishman." Who says this quote?
(a) Lord Marshal.
4. What adjective does Richard use to describe Bolingbroke that is condescending?
5. "...for God's substitute, His deputy anointed in His sight..." Who is being referred to here?
(a) The pope.
(b) The judge.
(c) The king.
(d) The shaman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the setting of Act 1, Scene 4?
2. What was Mowbray supposed to be doing with Richard's uncle when he died?
3. Where is the setting of Act 1, Scene 2?
4. What does York warn Gaunt in Act 2, Scene 1?
5. Who is Bolingbroke's father?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)