|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Duchess of Gloucester's purpose in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) She worries aloud about money.
(b) She begs Gaunt to act humanely.
(c) She confesses that she did not love the Duke.
(d) She begs Gaunt to avenge her husband's death.
2. Why is Richard confused about Gaunt's reaction towards Bolingbroke's sentence?
(a) Gaunt told Richard that Bolingbroke had threatened him, and he wanted him exiled.
(b) Gaunt usually does not react so emotionally.
(c) Gaunt took part in the verdict decision making.
(d) Richard thought Gaunt was dying, and everyone else was laughing.
3. "...for God's substitute, His deputy anointed in His sight..." Who is being referred to here?
(a) The shaman.
(b) The king.
(c) The pope.
(d) The judge.
4. "What my tongue speaks my right drawn sword may prove." Who says this?
5. Who is the first to speak in Act 1, Scene 4?
(b) Lord Aumerle.
Short Answer Questions
1. How will Richard handle the situation in Ireland?
2. Where was the setting for Act 1, Scene 1?
3. Who are the first characters to enter Act 1, Scene 3?
4. Who is Bolingbroke's father?
5. What do Mowbray and Bolingbroke state officially that they are fighting for at the duel?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)