|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many characters speak in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. Which of the following characters is the only one to speak in Act 2, Scene 1?
(c) The Queen.
3. What does Gaunt mock while he speaks with Richard in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) His son's exile.
(b) His name.
(c) His sickness.
(d) His wife's cooking.
4. Why does Gaunt seem aloof to his brother's death?
(a) He is the one who has killed the Duke.
(b) He believes God will properly judge who is guilty.
(c) He is in love with the Duchess.
(d) He has put the tragedy behind him, and is trying to move on with his life.
5. Who announces Gaunt's death?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Richard's reaction towards the news of Gaunt he receives in Act 1, Scene 4?
2. Who is the last character to speak in Act 2, Scene 1?
3. What was Mowbray supposed to be doing with Richard's uncle when he died?
4. Which of the following is a quote by Richard in Act 1, Scene 1?
5. Where does Bushy inform Richard that Gaunt is in Act 1, Scene 4?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)