|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Richard learn of Gaunt in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) He is very sick.
(b) He is threatening to commit suicide.
(c) He is heartbroken and acting insane.
(d) He is leaving the country too.
2. "...for God's substitute, His deputy anointed in His sight..." Who is being referred to here?
(a) The king.
(b) The judge.
(c) The shaman.
(d) The pope.
3. : For what day is the duel set?
(a) Guy Fawkes Day.
(b) Saint Lambert's Day.
(c) The Summer Solstice.
(d) Christmas Eve.
4. "What my tongue speaks my right drawn sword may prove." Who says this?
5. Who does Mowbray admit to have scheming against in the past?
(a) The Duke of Aumerle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is a quote by Richard in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. What do Mowbray and Bolingbroke state officially that they are fighting for at the duel?
3. Who is the first to speak in Act 2, Scene 1?
4. Where is the setting of Act 1, Scene 2?
5. What made Aumerle cry when he said goodbye to Bolingbroke?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)