|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the first characters to enter Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) Gaunt, Bolingbroke.
(b) Gaunt, the Duchess of Gloucester.
(c) Richard, the Queen.
(d) Lord Marshall, the Duke Aumerle.
2. Of which quality of Bolingbroke does Richard worry?
(a) Bolingbroke is much stronger than Richard.
(b) He is gracious to and loved by the common people.
(c) His intelligence often outsmarted Richard in their youth.
(d) Bolingbroke is always able to persuade people to take his side.
3. "What my tongue speaks my right drawn sword may prove." Who says this?
4. Who was Richard's uncle and Gaunt's brother?
(a) The Duke of Lancaster.
(b) Lord Edmonton of Bath.
(c) The Duke of Gloucester.
(d) The Duke of Kent.
5. : For what day is the duel set?
(a) The Summer Solstice.
(b) Guy Fawkes Day.
(c) Christmas Eve.
(d) Saint Lambert's Day.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Bolingbroke and Mowbray accuse one another of?
2. Where does Richard say he is to go immediately following Act 1, Scene 4?
3. Who does the Duchess wish ill upon at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
4. What made Aumerle cry when he said goodbye to Bolingbroke?
5. Where is the setting of Act 1, Scene 4?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)