|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Mowbray and Bolingbroke state officially that they are fighting for at the duel?
(a) Both love the same woman.
(b) Both claim the other is a traitor.
(c) Mowbray claims adultery while Bolingbroke claims theft.
(d) Both claim the other killed the Duke of Gloucester.
2. Which is the final line of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) "Desolate, desolate will I hence and die."
(b) "As much good stay with thee as go with me."
(c) "The last leave of thee takes my weeping eye."
(d) "To God, the widow's champion and defence."
3. Who stops the duel as it begins?
(a) The Duchess of Gloucester.
(d) The Queen.
4. How long is Mowbray banished from England?
(a) Twenty years.
(b) Forty years.
(c) Ten years.
5. Why don't Bolingbroke and Mowbray forgive one another?
(a) They have had a rivalry since childhood.
(b) They have both sworn to God they would seek vengeance.
(c) It would be forfeiting their honor.
(d) Both have not shared everything they are upset over.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first to speak in Act 2, Scene 1?
2. "Where then, alas, may I complain myself?" Who says this?
3. Who is the first to speak in Act 1, Scene 4?
4. Who was Richard's uncle and Gaunt's brother?
5. What do Bolingbroke and Mowbray accuse one another of?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)