|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Mowbray supposed to be doing with Richard's uncle when he died?
(a) Showing him the courtyards.
(b) Accompany him while traveling.
(c) Guarding him.
(d) Practicing to duel.
2. Who in Ireland is worrying Richard in Act 1, Scene 4?
3. How long is Bolingbroke originally banished from England?
(a) Twenty years.
(b) Ten years.
(c) Forty years.
4. "What my tongue speaks my right drawn sword may prove." Who says this?
5. What does Richard learn of Gaunt in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) He is very sick.
(b) He is leaving the country too.
(c) He is threatening to commit suicide.
(d) He is heartbroken and acting insane.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character officially swears in Mowbray and Bolingbroke at the duel?
2. What does Gaunt mock while he speaks with Richard in Act 2, Scene 1?
3. What does York warn Gaunt in Act 2, Scene 1?
4. What is Bolingbroke's banishment reduced to?
5. What is Gaunt's final line?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)