|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character officially swears in Mowbray and Bolingbroke at the duel?
(b) Duke Aumerle.
(d) Lord Marshal.
2. What is the Duchess of Gloucester's purpose in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) She worries aloud about money.
(b) She confesses that she did not love the Duke.
(c) She begs Gaunt to avenge her husband's death.
(d) She begs Gaunt to act humanely.
3. Why don't Bolingbroke and Mowbray forgive one another?
(a) They have had a rivalry since childhood.
(b) Both have not shared everything they are upset over.
(c) It would be forfeiting their honor.
(d) They have both sworn to God they would seek vengeance.
4. Where was the setting for Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Alexandra Palace.
(c) Buckingham Palace.
(d) Windsor Castle.
5. Who does Mowbray admit to have scheming against in the past?
(d) The Duke of Aumerle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the Duchess wish ill upon at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
2. Which of the following is a quote by Richard in Act 1, Scene 1?
3. "Though banish'd, yet a true born Englishman." Who says this quote?
4. Who are the first characters to enter Act 1, Scene 3?
5. For whom does Richard reduce Bolingbroke's sentence?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)