|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Richard learn of Gaunt in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) He is threatening to commit suicide.
(b) He is very sick.
(c) He is heartbroken and acting insane.
(d) He is leaving the country too.
2. Who announces Gaunt's death?
3. What does Gaunt call Richard in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) "Un-rightful king to no one."
(b) "History's most venomous leader."
(c) "Landlord of England."
(d) "A stain on our England's dress."
4. Why does Gaunt seem aloof to his brother's death?
(a) He believes God will properly judge who is guilty.
(b) He is the one who has killed the Duke.
(c) He is in love with the Duchess.
(d) He has put the tragedy behind him, and is trying to move on with his life.
5. What do Bolingbroke and Mowbray accuse one another of?
Short Answer Questions
1. How will Richard handle the situation in Ireland?
2. What made Aumerle cry when he said goodbye to Bolingbroke?
3. "What my tongue speaks my right drawn sword may prove." Who says this?
4. What adjective does Richard use to describe Bolingbroke that is condescending?
5. What does York warn Gaunt in Act 2, Scene 1?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)