|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first to speak in Act 2, Scene 1?
2. What is the double metaphor spoken in the Duchess's first speech of the play?
(a) Vials of blood; branches from one root.
(b) Doves flying; a harp playing angel.
(c) Rose petals; a dagger dripping blood.
(d) A crying baby; nurses working corruptly.
3. What does Richard learn of Gaunt in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) He is heartbroken and acting insane.
(b) He is very sick.
(c) He is threatening to commit suicide.
(d) He is leaving the country too.
4. How does Gaunt try to persuade Bolingbroke to think of his banishment?
(a) As a time to grow as a man.
(b) As a time to find a wife.
(c) As his civic duty.
(d) As a pleasurable journey.
5. : For what day is the duel set?
(a) Guy Fawkes Day.
(b) Saint Lambert's Day.
(c) The Summer Solstice.
(d) Christmas Eve.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the Duchess wish ill upon at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
2. Who in Ireland is worrying Richard in Act 1, Scene 4?
3. How many gold coins does Bolingbroke accuse Mowbray of withholding from the army?
4. "What my tongue speaks my right drawn sword may prove." Who says this?
5. Who does Mowbray admit to have scheming against in the past?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)