|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was the setting for Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Alexandra Palace.
(c) Buckingham Palace.
(d) Windsor Castle.
2. What is the Duchess of Gloucester's purpose in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) She begs Gaunt to avenge her husband's death.
(b) She begs Gaunt to act humanely.
(c) She worries aloud about money.
(d) She confesses that she did not love the Duke.
3. How are Gaunt and Bolingbroke related?
(b) Uncle and nephew.
(d) Father and son.
4. For whom does Richard reduce Bolingbroke's sentence?
(a) The Duchess of Gloucester.
(c) Lord Marshal.
(d) The Queen.
5. Why is Richard confused about Gaunt's reaction towards Bolingbroke's sentence?
(a) Gaunt took part in the verdict decision making.
(b) Gaunt told Richard that Bolingbroke had threatened him, and he wanted him exiled.
(c) Gaunt usually does not react so emotionally.
(d) Richard thought Gaunt was dying, and everyone else was laughing.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long is Bolingbroke originally banished from England?
2. Which is the final line of Act 1, Scene 2?
3. How many characters speak in Act 1, Scene 2?
4. Of which quality of Bolingbroke does Richard worry?
5. Why don't Bolingbroke and Mowbray forgive one another?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)