|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Richard confused about Gaunt's reaction towards Bolingbroke's sentence?
(a) Gaunt usually does not react so emotionally.
(b) Richard thought Gaunt was dying, and everyone else was laughing.
(c) Gaunt told Richard that Bolingbroke had threatened him, and he wanted him exiled.
(d) Gaunt took part in the verdict decision making.
2. Of which quality of Bolingbroke does Richard worry?
(a) Bolingbroke is much stronger than Richard.
(b) Bolingbroke is always able to persuade people to take his side.
(c) His intelligence often outsmarted Richard in their youth.
(d) He is gracious to and loved by the common people.
3. Which is the final line of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) "The last leave of thee takes my weeping eye."
(b) "As much good stay with thee as go with me."
(c) "Desolate, desolate will I hence and die."
(d) "To God, the widow's champion and defence."
4. Which nation does York refer to as he discusses vanity?
5. What does Gaunt mock while he speaks with Richard in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) His name.
(b) His wife's cooking.
(c) His son's exile.
(d) His sickness.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the setting of Act 1, Scene 4?
2. Who is the first to speak in Act 2, Scene 1?
3. How many gold coins does Bolingbroke accuse Mowbray of withholding from the army?
4. How long is Bolingbroke originally banished from England?
5. Which of the following characters is the only one to speak in Act 2, Scene 1?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)