|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mowbray admit to have scheming against in the past?
(c) The Duke of Aumerle.
2. Who does the Duchess wish ill upon at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
3. "What my tongue speaks my right drawn sword may prove." Who says this?
4. Which is the final line of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) "To God, the widow's champion and defence."
(b) "The last leave of thee takes my weeping eye."
(c) "Desolate, desolate will I hence and die."
(d) "As much good stay with thee as go with me."
5. Why is Richard confused about Gaunt's reaction towards Bolingbroke's sentence?
(a) Gaunt told Richard that Bolingbroke had threatened him, and he wanted him exiled.
(b) Gaunt took part in the verdict decision making.
(c) Richard thought Gaunt was dying, and everyone else was laughing.
(d) Gaunt usually does not react so emotionally.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Bolingbroke's father?
2. What is Gaunt's final line?
3. : For what day is the duel set?
4. How many characters speak in Act 1, Scene 2?
5. Which nation does York refer to as he discusses vanity?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)