|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Richard say he is to go immediately following Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) To eat dinner with the Queen.
(b) To prepare his army's generals.
(c) To see Gaunt.
(d) To ride his horse.
2. How many gold coins does Bolingbroke accuse Mowbray of withholding from the army?
3. Who is Woodstock?
(b) The Duke of Gloucester.
4. What does Richard learn of Gaunt in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) He is heartbroken and acting insane.
(b) He is very sick.
(c) He is leaving the country too.
(d) He is threatening to commit suicide.
5. What does York warn Gaunt in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) That his wife is going to leave him.
(b) That Richard will ignore him.
(c) That Bolingbroke is confronting very harsh conditions in his exile.
(d) That Mowbray is going to try to kill him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the first characters to enter Act 1, Scene 3?
2. Why don't Bolingbroke and Mowbray forgive one another?
3. Who is the last character to speak in Act 2, Scene 1?
4. Of which quality of Bolingbroke does Richard worry?
5. What is the double metaphor spoken in the Duchess's first speech of the play?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)