|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Richard's reaction towards the news of Gaunt he receives in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) He is devastated.
(b) He hopes to marry Gaunt's wife.
(c) He hopes Bolingbroke does not learn of the news, upsetting him in his exile.
(d) He hopes to seize Gaunt's property.
2. How will Richard handle the situation in Ireland?
(a) He will see how the situation plays out for another month.
(b) He will send Green.
(c) He has ordered an army to invade.
(d) He will go there himself.
3. What is Gaunt's final line?
(a) "Live in thy shame, but die not shame with thee."
(b) "Words, life and all old Lancaster hath spent."
(c) "Love they to live that love and honour have."
(d) "Convey me to my bed, then to my grave."
4. Who is the first to speak in Act 2, Scene 1?
5. How many characters speak in Act 1, Scene 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Richard confused about Gaunt's reaction towards Bolingbroke's sentence?
2. What made Aumerle cry when he said goodbye to Bolingbroke?
3. Where was the setting for Act 1, Scene 1?
4. What does Gaunt mock while he speaks with Richard in Act 2, Scene 1?
5. "Where then, alas, may I complain myself?" Who says this?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)