|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of which quality of Bolingbroke does Richard worry?
(a) Bolingbroke is much stronger than Richard.
(b) He is gracious to and loved by the common people.
(c) His intelligence often outsmarted Richard in their youth.
(d) Bolingbroke is always able to persuade people to take his side.
2. What is Bolingbroke's banishment reduced to?
(a) Twenty years.
(b) Six years.
(c) Fifteen years.
(d) Ten years.
3. Which of the following is a quote by Richard in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) "We were not born to sue, but to command."
(b) "Mine honour is my life, both grow in one."
(c) "O God defend my soul from such deep sin!"
(d) "Obedience bids I should not bid again."
4. Where is the setting of Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) The Court.
(b) The Garden.
(c) The Supper Room.
(d) The Chambers.
5. What is Gaunt talking about during his famous speech in Act 2, Scene 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Richard confused about Gaunt's reaction towards Bolingbroke's sentence?
2. What is the double metaphor spoken in the Duchess's first speech of the play?
3. For whom does Richard reduce Bolingbroke's sentence?
4. Who is the last character to speak in Act 2, Scene 1?
5. What is the Duchess of Gloucester's purpose in Act 1, Scene 2?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)