|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "...for God's substitute, His deputy anointed in His sight..." Who is being referred to here?
(a) The shaman.
(b) The king.
(c) The judge.
(d) The pope.
2. How are Gaunt and Bolingbroke related?
(a) Uncle and nephew.
(d) Father and son.
3. What was Mowbray supposed to be doing with Richard's uncle when he died?
(a) Accompany him while traveling.
(b) Guarding him.
(c) Showing him the courtyards.
(d) Practicing to duel.
4. Which of the following is a quote by Richard in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) "Obedience bids I should not bid again."
(b) "O God defend my soul from such deep sin!"
(c) "We were not born to sue, but to command."
(d) "Mine honour is my life, both grow in one."
5. How long is Bolingbroke originally banished from England?
(a) Ten years.
(b) Forty years.
(d) Twenty years.
Short Answer Questions
1. "What my tongue speaks my right drawn sword may prove." Who says this?
2. Who is Woodstock?
3. What made Aumerle cry when he said goodbye to Bolingbroke?
4. How many characters speak in Act 1, Scene 2?
5. "Well, he is gone, and with him go these thoughts." Who says this?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)