|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following characters is the only one to speak in Act 2, Scene 1?
(d) The Queen.
2. What does Richard learn of Gaunt in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) He is threatening to commit suicide.
(b) He is leaving the country too.
(c) He is heartbroken and acting insane.
(d) He is very sick.
3. How will Richard handle the situation in Ireland?
(a) He will see how the situation plays out for another month.
(b) He has ordered an army to invade.
(c) He will send Green.
(d) He will go there himself.
4. Where does Bushy inform Richard that Gaunt is in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) Thames House.
(b) Windsor Castle.
(c) Ely House.
5. What was Mowbray supposed to be doing with Richard's uncle when he died?
(a) Showing him the courtyards.
(b) Practicing to duel.
(c) Accompany him while traveling.
(d) Guarding him.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Though banish'd, yet a true born Englishman." Who says this quote?
2. What adjective does Richard use to describe Bolingbroke that is condescending?
3. Which of the following is a quote by Richard in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. What does Northumberland then confide to Ross and Willoughby in Act 2, Scene 1?
5. How does Gaunt try to persuade Bolingbroke to think of his banishment?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)