|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character officially swears in Mowbray and Bolingbroke at the duel?
(c) Lord Marshal.
(d) Duke Aumerle.
2. Where is the setting of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Gaunt's house.
(b) A chapel.
(c) An orchard.
(d) Windsor Castle.
3. Who stops the duel as it begins?
(a) The Queen.
(c) The Duchess of Gloucester.
4. "Where then, alas, may I complain myself?" Who says this?
(b) The Duchess of Gloucester.
5. Where was the setting for Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Windsor Castle.
(c) Alexandra Palace.
(d) Buckingham Palace.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is a quote by Richard in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. Why is Richard confused about Gaunt's reaction towards Bolingbroke's sentence?
3. Which is the final line of Act 1, Scene 2?
4. Who is Gaunt alluding to have killed the Duke of Gloucester as he speaks alone with the Duchess?
5. Who is Woodstock?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)