|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are Gaunt and Bolingbroke related?
(a) Uncle and nephew.
(b) Father and son.
2. Why don't Bolingbroke and Mowbray forgive one another?
(a) Both have not shared everything they are upset over.
(b) They have both sworn to God they would seek vengeance.
(c) It would be forfeiting their honor.
(d) They have had a rivalry since childhood.
3. Who does Mowbray admit to have scheming against in the past?
(a) The Duke of Aumerle.
4. "What my tongue speaks my right drawn sword may prove." Who says this?
5. Who are the first characters to enter Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) Richard, the Queen.
(b) Lord Marshall, the Duke Aumerle.
(c) Gaunt, the Duchess of Gloucester.
(d) Gaunt, Bolingbroke.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was the setting for Act 1, Scene 1?
2. Why is Richard confused about Gaunt's reaction towards Bolingbroke's sentence?
3. For whom does Richard reduce Bolingbroke's sentence?
4. : For what day is the duel set?
5. Who was Richard's uncle and Gaunt's brother?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)