|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character officially swears in Mowbray and Bolingbroke at the duel?
(a) Lord Marshal.
(c) Duke Aumerle.
2. Where is Gaunt to go after Act 1, Scene 2?
3. What do Mowbray and Bolingbroke state officially that they are fighting for at the duel?
(a) Both claim the other killed the Duke of Gloucester.
(b) Mowbray claims adultery while Bolingbroke claims theft.
(c) Both love the same woman.
(d) Both claim the other is a traitor.
4. How long is Bolingbroke originally banished from England?
(a) Twenty years.
(b) Ten years.
(c) Forty years.
5. What was Mowbray supposed to be doing with Richard's uncle when he died?
(a) Accompany him while traveling.
(b) Practicing to duel.
(c) Showing him the courtyards.
(d) Guarding him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Duchess of Gloucester's purpose in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. "Where then, alas, may I complain myself?" Who says this?
3. Who does Mowbray admit to have scheming against in the past?
4. Who is Woodstock?
5. How are Gaunt and Bolingbroke related?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)