|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Richard's uncle and Gaunt's brother?
(a) Lord Edmonton of Bath.
(b) The Duke of Lancaster.
(c) The Duke of Kent.
(d) The Duke of Gloucester.
2. For whom does Richard reduce Bolingbroke's sentence?
(a) The Queen.
(b) Lord Marshal.
(d) The Duchess of Gloucester.
3. "Where then, alas, may I complain myself?" Who says this?
(b) The Duchess of Gloucester.
4. How long is Bolingbroke originally banished from England?
(a) Ten years.
(b) Twenty years.
(d) Forty years.
5. What do Mowbray and Bolingbroke state officially that they are fighting for at the duel?
(a) Both love the same woman.
(b) Mowbray claims adultery while Bolingbroke claims theft.
(c) Both claim the other killed the Duke of Gloucester.
(d) Both claim the other is a traitor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Bolingbroke's banishment reduced to?
2. Who is Gaunt alluding to have killed the Duke of Gloucester as he speaks alone with the Duchess?
3. Which of the following is a quote by Richard in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. What is the double metaphor spoken in the Duchess's first speech of the play?
5. Where is Gaunt to go after Act 1, Scene 2?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)