|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which is the final line of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) "As much good stay with thee as go with me."
(b) "To God, the widow's champion and defence."
(c) "The last leave of thee takes my weeping eye."
(d) "Desolate, desolate will I hence and die."
2. Which of the following is a quote by Richard in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) "We were not born to sue, but to command."
(b) "Obedience bids I should not bid again."
(c) "O God defend my soul from such deep sin!"
(d) "Mine honour is my life, both grow in one."
3. Who does the Duchess wish ill upon at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
4. "Though banish'd, yet a true born Englishman." Who says this quote?
(c) Lord Marshal.
5. How many gold coins does Bolingbroke accuse Mowbray of withholding from the army?
Short Answer Questions
1. "...for God's substitute, His deputy anointed in His sight..." Who is being referred to here?
2. How long is Mowbray banished from England?
3. Which character officially swears in Mowbray and Bolingbroke at the duel?
4. Who was Richard's uncle and Gaunt's brother?
5. What is the Duchess of Gloucester's purpose in Act 1, Scene 2?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)