|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the first characters to enter Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) Gaunt, Bolingbroke.
(b) Richard, the Queen.
(c) Gaunt, the Duchess of Gloucester.
(d) Lord Marshall, the Duke Aumerle.
2. What is Bolingbroke's banishment reduced to?
(a) Ten years.
(b) Six years.
(c) Fifteen years.
(d) Twenty years.
3. How are Gaunt and Bolingbroke related?
(c) Uncle and nephew.
(d) Father and son.
4. Why does Gaunt seem aloof to his brother's death?
(a) He believes God will properly judge who is guilty.
(b) He is the one who has killed the Duke.
(c) He has put the tragedy behind him, and is trying to move on with his life.
(d) He is in love with the Duchess.
5. What is the Duchess of Gloucester's purpose in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) She confesses that she did not love the Duke.
(b) She worries aloud about money.
(c) She begs Gaunt to act humanely.
(d) She begs Gaunt to avenge her husband's death.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Gaunt try to persuade Bolingbroke to think of his banishment?
2. Who is Woodstock?
3. Why is Richard confused about Gaunt's reaction towards Bolingbroke's sentence?
4. Who does Mowbray admit to have scheming against in the past?
5. "Where then, alas, may I complain myself?" Who says this?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)