|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Richard confused about Gaunt's reaction towards Bolingbroke's sentence?
(a) Gaunt told Richard that Bolingbroke had threatened him, and he wanted him exiled.
(b) Richard thought Gaunt was dying, and everyone else was laughing.
(c) Gaunt usually does not react so emotionally.
(d) Gaunt took part in the verdict decision making.
2. What is the Duchess of Gloucester's purpose in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) She begs Gaunt to avenge her husband's death.
(b) She begs Gaunt to act humanely.
(c) She worries aloud about money.
(d) She confesses that she did not love the Duke.
3. Which character officially swears in Mowbray and Bolingbroke at the duel?
(a) Duke Aumerle.
(b) Lord Marshal.
4. Where is Gaunt to go after Act 1, Scene 2?
5. What do Bolingbroke and Mowbray accuse one another of?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the Duchess wish ill upon at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
2. Where is the setting of Act 1, Scene 2?
3. What is the double metaphor spoken in the Duchess's first speech of the play?
4. "What my tongue speaks my right drawn sword may prove." Who says this?
5. Who is Woodstock?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)