|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long is Bolingbroke originally banished from England?
(a) Ten years.
(b) Forty years.
(d) Twenty years.
2. Who was Richard's uncle and Gaunt's brother?
(a) The Duke of Lancaster.
(b) The Duke of Gloucester.
(c) The Duke of Kent.
(d) Lord Edmonton of Bath.
3. What was Mowbray supposed to be doing with Richard's uncle when he died?
(a) Practicing to duel.
(b) Guarding him.
(c) Accompany him while traveling.
(d) Showing him the courtyards.
4. Who stops the duel as it begins?
(c) The Duchess of Gloucester.
(d) The Queen.
5. Why does Gaunt seem aloof to his brother's death?
(a) He is the one who has killed the Duke.
(b) He believes God will properly judge who is guilty.
(c) He is in love with the Duchess.
(d) He has put the tragedy behind him, and is trying to move on with his life.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Bolingbroke and Mowbray accuse one another of?
2. Where is the setting of Act 1, Scene 2?
3. How are Gaunt and Bolingbroke related?
4. What is Bolingbroke's banishment reduced to?
5. : For what day is the duel set?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)