|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Mowbray supposed to be doing with Richard's uncle when he died?
(a) Guarding him.
(b) Showing him the courtyards.
(c) Accompany him while traveling.
(d) Practicing to duel.
2. "Though banish'd, yet a true born Englishman." Who says this quote?
(b) Lord Marshal.
3. Which is the final line of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) "Desolate, desolate will I hence and die."
(b) "To God, the widow's champion and defence."
(c) "As much good stay with thee as go with me."
(d) "The last leave of thee takes my weeping eye."
4. How are Gaunt and Bolingbroke related?
(c) Father and son.
(d) Uncle and nephew.
5. "Where then, alas, may I complain myself?" Who says this?
(b) The Duchess of Gloucester.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the first characters to enter Act 1, Scene 3?
2. What do Bolingbroke and Mowbray accuse one another of?
3. Which of the following is a quote by Richard in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. How long is Mowbray banished from England?
5. Which character officially swears in Mowbray and Bolingbroke at the duel?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)