|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Gaunt to go after Act 1, Scene 2?
2. Who is Gaunt alluding to have killed the Duke of Gloucester as he speaks alone with the Duchess?
(c) The Duke of Aumerle.
3. "What my tongue speaks my right drawn sword may prove." Who says this?
4. What was Mowbray supposed to be doing with Richard's uncle when he died?
(a) Practicing to duel.
(b) Showing him the courtyards.
(c) Accompany him while traveling.
(d) Guarding him.
5. How are Gaunt and Bolingbroke related?
(c) Father and son.
(d) Uncle and nephew.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Where then, alas, may I complain myself?" Who says this?
2. Which character officially swears in Mowbray and Bolingbroke at the duel?
3. Who does the Duchess wish ill upon at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
4. Who was Richard's uncle and Gaunt's brother?
5. Who is the first character to speak in Act 1, Scene 1?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)