|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Mowbray supposed to be doing with Richard's uncle when he died?
(a) Showing him the courtyards.
(b) Accompany him while traveling.
(c) Guarding him.
(d) Practicing to duel.
2. Who is Bolingbroke's father?
(b) Earl of Northumberland.
(c) Sir Henry Green.
(d) Lord Ross.
3. How does Gaunt try to persuade Bolingbroke to think of his banishment?
(a) As a pleasurable journey.
(b) As his civic duty.
(c) As a time to find a wife.
(d) As a time to grow as a man.
4. What do Bolingbroke and Mowbray accuse one another of?
5. How many characters speak in Act 1, Scene 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. For whom does Richard reduce Bolingbroke's sentence?
2. Who does the Duchess wish ill upon at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
3. How are Gaunt and Bolingbroke related?
4. : For what day is the duel set?
5. Who does Mowbray admit to have scheming against in the past?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)