|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Mowbray supposed to be doing with Richard's uncle when he died?
(a) Showing him the courtyards.
(b) Practicing to duel.
(c) Accompany him while traveling.
(d) Guarding him.
2. "What my tongue speaks my right drawn sword may prove." Who says this?
3. "Where then, alas, may I complain myself?" Who says this?
(b) The Duchess of Gloucester.
4. Which of the following is a quote by Richard in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) "We were not born to sue, but to command."
(b) "O God defend my soul from such deep sin!"
(c) "Obedience bids I should not bid again."
(d) "Mine honour is my life, both grow in one."
5. Which character officially swears in Mowbray and Bolingbroke at the duel?
(b) Duke Aumerle.
(c) Lord Marshal.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Gaunt alluding to have killed the Duke of Gloucester as he speaks alone with the Duchess?
2. What do Bolingbroke and Mowbray accuse one another of?
3. "...for God's substitute, His deputy anointed in His sight..." Who is being referred to here?
4. How many characters speak in Act 1, Scene 2?
5. For whom does Richard reduce Bolingbroke's sentence?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)