|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "...for God's substitute, His deputy anointed in His sight..." Who is being referred to here?
(a) The judge.
(b) The king.
(c) The pope.
(d) The shaman.
2. Which character officially swears in Mowbray and Bolingbroke at the duel?
(b) Lord Marshal.
(c) Duke Aumerle.
3. : For what day is the duel set?
(a) The Summer Solstice.
(b) Christmas Eve.
(c) Saint Lambert's Day.
(d) Guy Fawkes Day.
4. How are Gaunt and Bolingbroke related?
(a) Father and son.
(d) Uncle and nephew.
5. What do Bolingbroke and Mowbray accuse one another of?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Duchess of Gloucester's purpose in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. Who was Richard's uncle and Gaunt's brother?
3. Who is Gaunt alluding to have killed the Duke of Gloucester as he speaks alone with the Duchess?
4. How many gold coins does Bolingbroke accuse Mowbray of withholding from the army?
5. Who is Bolingbroke's father?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)