|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Where then, alas, may I complain myself?" Who says this?
(b) The Duchess of Gloucester.
2. Which of the following is a quote by Richard in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) "We were not born to sue, but to command."
(b) "Obedience bids I should not bid again."
(c) "O God defend my soul from such deep sin!"
(d) "Mine honour is my life, both grow in one."
3. What was Mowbray supposed to be doing with Richard's uncle when he died?
(a) Guarding him.
(b) Showing him the courtyards.
(c) Accompany him while traveling.
(d) Practicing to duel.
4. Why does Gaunt seem aloof to his brother's death?
(a) He believes God will properly judge who is guilty.
(b) He has put the tragedy behind him, and is trying to move on with his life.
(c) He is the one who has killed the Duke.
(d) He is in love with the Duchess.
5. How many characters speak in Act 1, Scene 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Bolingbroke's father?
2. For whom does Richard reduce Bolingbroke's sentence?
3. Which character officially swears in Mowbray and Bolingbroke at the duel?
4. How are Gaunt and Bolingbroke related?
5. Who is Woodstock?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)