|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Woodstock?
(a) The Duke of Gloucester.
2. Who is Bolingbroke's father?
(a) Lord Ross.
(b) Earl of Northumberland.
(c) Sir Henry Green.
3. : For what day is the duel set?
(a) Saint Lambert's Day.
(b) The Summer Solstice.
(c) Guy Fawkes Day.
(d) Christmas Eve.
4. "...for God's substitute, His deputy anointed in His sight..." Who is being referred to here?
(a) The king.
(b) The judge.
(c) The pope.
(d) The shaman.
5. Why does Gaunt seem aloof to his brother's death?
(a) He has put the tragedy behind him, and is trying to move on with his life.
(b) He is the one who has killed the Duke.
(c) He believes God will properly judge who is guilty.
(d) He is in love with the Duchess.
Short Answer Questions
1. For whom does Richard reduce Bolingbroke's sentence?
2. Which character officially swears in Mowbray and Bolingbroke at the duel?
3. What is the double metaphor spoken in the Duchess's first speech of the play?
4. "What my tongue speaks my right drawn sword may prove." Who says this?
5. Why don't Bolingbroke and Mowbray forgive one another?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)