|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many gold coins does Bolingbroke accuse Mowbray of withholding from the army?
2. "Though banish'd, yet a true born Englishman." Who says this quote?
(a) Lord Marshal.
3. How many characters speak in Act 1, Scene 2?
4. Which of the following is a quote by Richard in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) "Mine honour is my life, both grow in one."
(b) "We were not born to sue, but to command."
(c) "O God defend my soul from such deep sin!"
(d) "Obedience bids I should not bid again."
5. How are Gaunt and Bolingbroke related?
(b) Father and son.
(c) Uncle and nephew.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Bolingbroke's banishment reduced to?
2. What do Bolingbroke and Mowbray accuse one another of?
3. Who is Gaunt alluding to have killed the Duke of Gloucester as he speaks alone with the Duchess?
4. "Where then, alas, may I complain myself?" Who says this?
5. What is the double metaphor spoken in the Duchess's first speech of the play?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)