|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mowbray admit to have scheming against in the past?
(b) The Duke of Aumerle.
2. Where was the setting for Act 1, Scene 1?
(b) Buckingham Palace.
(c) Alexandra Palace.
(d) Windsor Castle.
3. What is the Duchess of Gloucester's purpose in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) She begs Gaunt to avenge her husband's death.
(b) She confesses that she did not love the Duke.
(c) She worries aloud about money.
(d) She begs Gaunt to act humanely.
4. Where is Gaunt to go after Act 1, Scene 2?
5. Which is the final line of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) "Desolate, desolate will I hence and die."
(b) "The last leave of thee takes my weeping eye."
(c) "As much good stay with thee as go with me."
(d) "To God, the widow's champion and defence."
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Bolingbroke's banishment reduced to?
2. How long is Bolingbroke originally banished from England?
3. Why does Gaunt seem aloof to his brother's death?
4. Who is Woodstock?
5. : For what day is the duel set?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)