|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Gaunt to go after Act 1, Scene 2?
2. Who is Woodstock?
(a) The Duke of Gloucester.
3. "...for God's substitute, His deputy anointed in His sight..." Who is being referred to here?
(a) The king.
(b) The shaman.
(c) The pope.
(d) The judge.
4. What is Bolingbroke's banishment reduced to?
(a) Fifteen years.
(b) Six years.
(c) Twenty years.
(d) Ten years.
5. Which is the final line of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) "The last leave of thee takes my weeping eye."
(b) "Desolate, desolate will I hence and die."
(c) "As much good stay with thee as go with me."
(d) "To God, the widow's champion and defence."
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the first characters to enter Act 1, Scene 3?
2. How many characters speak in Act 1, Scene 2?
3. "What my tongue speaks my right drawn sword may prove." Who says this?
4. Who stops the duel as it begins?
5. Which character officially swears in Mowbray and Bolingbroke at the duel?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)