|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many gold coins does Bolingbroke accuse Mowbray of withholding from the army?
2. Who is Woodstock?
(c) The Duke of Gloucester.
3. Who is Gaunt alluding to have killed the Duke of Gloucester as he speaks alone with the Duchess?
(d) The Duke of Aumerle.
4. Who stops the duel as it begins?
(a) The Queen.
(c) The Duchess of Gloucester.
5. For whom does Richard reduce Bolingbroke's sentence?
(b) The Queen.
(c) Lord Marshal.
(d) The Duchess of Gloucester.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the Duchess wish ill upon at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
2. Which of the following is a quote by Richard in Act 1, Scene 1?
3. Who is Bolingbroke's father?
4. Where is Gaunt to go after Act 1, Scene 2?
5. Why is Richard confused about Gaunt's reaction towards Bolingbroke's sentence?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)