|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which is the final line of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) "Desolate, desolate will I hence and die."
(b) "To God, the widow's champion and defence."
(c) "As much good stay with thee as go with me."
(d) "The last leave of thee takes my weeping eye."
2. How many gold coins does Bolingbroke accuse Mowbray of withholding from the army?
3. How many characters speak in Act 1, Scene 2?
4. Which character officially swears in Mowbray and Bolingbroke at the duel?
(c) Lord Marshal.
(d) Duke Aumerle.
5. Which of the following is a quote by Richard in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) "O God defend my soul from such deep sin!"
(b) "Mine honour is my life, both grow in one."
(c) "We were not born to sue, but to command."
(d) "Obedience bids I should not bid again."
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the Duchess wish ill upon at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
2. Why is Richard confused about Gaunt's reaction towards Bolingbroke's sentence?
3. "Where then, alas, may I complain myself?" Who says this?
4. "...for God's substitute, His deputy anointed in His sight..." Who is being referred to here?
5. How does Gaunt try to persuade Bolingbroke to think of his banishment?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)