|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Bolingbroke's father?
(a) Earl of Northumberland.
(b) Lord Ross.
(d) Sir Henry Green.
2. "Where then, alas, may I complain myself?" Who says this?
(a) The Duchess of Gloucester.
3. Who are the first characters to enter Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) Richard, the Queen.
(b) Gaunt, the Duchess of Gloucester.
(c) Gaunt, Bolingbroke.
(d) Lord Marshall, the Duke Aumerle.
4. What do Bolingbroke and Mowbray accuse one another of?
5. Why don't Bolingbroke and Mowbray forgive one another?
(a) They have both sworn to God they would seek vengeance.
(b) They have had a rivalry since childhood.
(c) Both have not shared everything they are upset over.
(d) It would be forfeiting their honor.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Though banish'd, yet a true born Englishman." Who says this quote?
2. "What my tongue speaks my right drawn sword may prove." Who says this?
3. Why does Gaunt seem aloof to his brother's death?
4. How does Gaunt try to persuade Bolingbroke to think of his banishment?
5. What is the Duchess of Gloucester's purpose in Act 1, Scene 2?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)