|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "...for God's substitute, His deputy anointed in His sight..." Who is being referred to here?
(a) The king.
(b) The shaman.
(c) The judge.
(d) The pope.
2. What is Gaunt's final line?
(a) "Live in thy shame, but die not shame with thee."
(b) "Words, life and all old Lancaster hath spent."
(c) "Convey me to my bed, then to my grave."
(d) "Love they to live that love and honour have."
3. What is Bolingbroke's title now that Gaunt is dead?
(a) The Duke of Kent.
(b) Sir Henry of Wales.
(c) Lord Aumerle.
(d) Lord Lancaster.
4. What does Northumberland then confide to Ross and Willoughby in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) That he is secretly planning to assassinate Richard.
(b) That he killed Gaunt.
(c) That he is going to join Richard in his invasion of Ireland.
(d) That Bolingbroke is returning to England with an army.
5. What does Gaunt call Richard in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) "A stain on our England's dress."
(b) "Un-rightful king to no one."
(c) "Landlord of England."
(d) "History's most venomous leader."
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Northumberland's son?
2. Who does Bolingbroke put in charge of escorting the prisoners away?
3. What does Richard learn of Gaunt in Act 1, Scene 4?
4. What does Bushy do for the Queen in Act 2, Scene 2?
5. To whom does Bolingbroke send a message to in Act 3, Scene 1 that he has no ill-will towards?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)