|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Woodstock?
(d) The Duke of Gloucester.
2. Who in Ireland is worrying Richard in Act 1, Scene 4?
3. Who is upset over Richard's absence in Act 2, Scene 2?
(c) The Duke of York.
(d) The Queen.
4. What does Richard learn of Gaunt in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) He is threatening to commit suicide.
(b) He is very sick.
(c) He is heartbroken and acting insane.
(d) He is leaving the country too.
5. Of which quality of Bolingbroke does Richard worry?
(a) Bolingbroke is always able to persuade people to take his side.
(b) Bolingbroke is much stronger than Richard.
(c) He is gracious to and loved by the common people.
(d) His intelligence often outsmarted Richard in their youth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Northumberland, Ross, and Willoughby discuss after Richard leaves Act 2, Scene 1?
2. How does York regard Bolingbroke's acting against the king?
3. "Though banish'd, yet a true born Englishman." Who says this quote?
4. Where does Richard say he is to go immediately following Act 1, Scene 4?
5. Who does Bolingbroke specifically promise to "weed and pluck away" in Act 2, Scene 3?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)