Eight Week Quiz B
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is a quote by Richard in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) "Obedience bids I should not bid again."
(b) "We were not born to sue, but to command."
(c) "Mine honour is my life, both grow in one."
(d) "O God defend my soul from such deep sin!"
2. What is Bolingbroke's banishment reduced to?
(a) Ten years.
(b) Six years.
(c) Fifteen years.
(d) Twenty years.
3. Who in Ireland is worrying Richard in Act 1, Scene 4?
4. How long is Mowbray banished from England?
(a) Forty years.
(c) Twenty years.
(d) Ten years.
5. Who stops the duel as it begins?
(a) The Duchess of Gloucester.
(c) The Queen.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Well, he is gone, and with him go these thoughts." Who says this?
2. Which of the following characters is the only one to speak in Act 2, Scene 1?
3. How many characters speak in Act 1, Scene 2?
4. Why is Richard confused about Gaunt's reaction towards Bolingbroke's sentence?
5. Why don't Bolingbroke and Mowbray forgive one another?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)