|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long is Bolingbroke originally banished from England?
(a) Twenty years.
(b) Ten years.
(d) Forty years.
2. Why does Gaunt seem aloof to his brother's death?
(a) He has put the tragedy behind him, and is trying to move on with his life.
(b) He is the one who has killed the Duke.
(c) He believes God will properly judge who is guilty.
(d) He is in love with the Duchess.
3. What do Mowbray and Bolingbroke state officially that they are fighting for at the duel?
(a) Both claim the other is a traitor.
(b) Mowbray claims adultery while Bolingbroke claims theft.
(c) Both love the same woman.
(d) Both claim the other killed the Duke of Gloucester.
4. Who does Bolingbroke put in charge of escorting the prisoners away?
5. How is Richard described to Bolingbroke after the initial meeting in Act 3, Scene 3?
(a) "His voice trembles into valleys."
(b) "...like a lost child."
(c) "His eyes quiver as though alien."
(d) "...like a frantic man."
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Aumerle holding when he enters Act 5, Scene 2?
2. Which of the following characters is not in Act 3, Scene 2?
3. "Villain, I'll make thee safe." Who says this?
4. "More welcome is the stroke of death to me than Bolingbroke to England." Who says this?
5. Who said, "Let's fight with gentle words"?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)