|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What made Aumerle cry when he said goodbye to Bolingbroke?
(a) Seeing his cousin banished from England.
(b) The wind.
(c) Knowing his cousin's father would soon die.
(d) All of the above.
2. What is Richard's reaction towards the news of Gaunt he receives in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) He is devastated.
(b) He hopes Bolingbroke does not learn of the news, upsetting him in his exile.
(c) He hopes to seize Gaunt's property.
(d) He hopes to marry Gaunt's wife.
3. Who of the following characters have not fled to Bolingbroke's army?
4. What word does Bolingbroke use to refer to the person he is looking for in Act 5, Scene 3?
5. When do thieves and robbers act, according to Richard?
(a) "...As the tide rises and the moon lurks over."
(b) "...When the searching eye of heaven is hid."
(c) "In the witching hour established by those monsters alone."
(d) "After the sun has winked its final glance."
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the focus of Act 3, Scene 4?
2. Where will Bolingbroke take Richard after their first confrontation since the beginning of the play?
3. What does Richard give Bolingbroke during the first meeting since the beginning of the play?
4. What does Gaunt mock while he speaks with Richard in Act 2, Scene 1?
5. Who says, "For on my heart they tread now whilst I live"?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)