|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bolingbroke claim to be his intentions for invading England?
(a) To rule England.
(b) To destroy Richard's monarchy.
(c) All of the above.
(d) To reclaim his inheritance.
2. Who is prisoner in Act 3, Scene 1?
3. What is the double metaphor spoken in the Duchess's first speech of the play?
(a) Rose petals; a dagger dripping blood.
(b) A crying baby; nurses working corruptly.
(c) Vials of blood; branches from one root.
(d) Doves flying; a harp playing angel.
4. What does York warn Gaunt in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) That Bolingbroke is confronting very harsh conditions in his exile.
(b) That Richard will ignore him.
(c) That Mowbray is going to try to kill him.
(d) That his wife is going to leave him.
5. What does Northumberland then confide to Ross and Willoughby in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) That Bolingbroke is returning to England with an army.
(b) That he killed Gaunt.
(c) That he is going to join Richard in his invasion of Ireland.
(d) That he is secretly planning to assassinate Richard.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the setting of Act 3, Scene 1?
2. How does Richard respond to Bolingbroke's demands?
3. Who is Woodstock?
4. Which of the following lines is what the Queen says to the bearer of the news of Bolingbroke?
5. Where is Richard to be exiled by Bolingbroke?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)