|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has the Welsh army been waiting for Richard?
(a) A week.
(b) A month.
(c) Two days.
(d) Ten days.
2. Why does Gaunt seem aloof to his brother's death?
(a) He believes God will properly judge who is guilty.
(b) He is the one who has killed the Duke.
(c) He is in love with the Duchess.
(d) He has put the tragedy behind him, and is trying to move on with his life.
3. Who informally swears their allegiance to Bolingbroke in Act 2, Scene 3?
4. Which characters are in Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) None of these is correct.
(b) Salisbury and Captain.
(c) Salisbury, Berkley, and five sergeants.
(d) Salisbury, Captain, and Lord Marshall.
5. What adjective does Richard use to describe Bolingbroke that is condescending?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bolingbroke justify executing the prisoners?
2. Who has the longest speech in Act 3, Scene 1?
3. Who do York and the Duchess feel pity for in Act 5, Scene 2?
4. What type of place will the Queen live after she leaves England?
5. Who does the Servant announce has died in Act 2, Scene 2?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)