|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the last straw for Richard in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) Reading a letter from Bolingbroke.
(b) Learning the Queen has left him for Bolingbroke.
(c) Learning York has joined with Bolingbroke.
(d) Seeing Bolingbroke's army approaching in the distance.
2. How does Richard respond to Bolingbroke's demands?
(a) He pulls out his sword.
(b) He says he would rather die than allow Bolingbroke in England.
(c) He cries.
(d) He accepts.
3. Who is arrested in Act 4, Scene 1?
4. Where is the Queen being sent from England?
5. What does Bolingbroke claim to be his intentions for invading England?
(a) To rule England.
(b) All of the above.
(c) To destroy Richard's monarchy.
(d) To reclaim his inheritance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bolingbroke question of Bagot when they arrive in London?
2. What is the Duchess of Gloucester's purpose in Act 1, Scene 2?
3. Where will Bolingbroke take Richard after their first confrontation since the beginning of the play?
4. Why does Gaunt seem aloof to his brother's death?
5. Who is the first to speak in Act 1, Scene 4?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)