|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Richard learn of Gaunt in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) He is leaving the country too.
(b) He is very sick.
(c) He is heartbroken and acting insane.
(d) He is threatening to commit suicide.
2. Who does Bolingbroke specifically promise to "weed and pluck away" in Act 2, Scene 3?
(b) All of the above.
(d) Bushy and Bagot.
3. Which nation does York refer to as he discusses vanity?
4. Who in Ireland is worrying Richard in Act 1, Scene 4?
5. What is part of the significance of Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) The Queen is pregnant.
(b) Bolingbroke has surrendered.
(c) Richard has returned from England.
(d) Richard has become gravely ill.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who invites Bolingbroke to stay at Berkley Castle?
2. Which of the following is not one of the prophecies alarming the characters of Act 2, Scene 4?
3. How long is Bolingbroke originally banished from England?
4. Where is the setting of Act 1, Scene 4?
5. What does the gardener plant for the Queen?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)